☣BioHaze☣

DayZ staff/devs/Bohemia show their love.

This post by SMoss was a wonderful surprise!  :)

As 2015 draws to a close and we approach the two year milestone of DayZ in the Steam Early Access program, the DayZ development team would like to show our deep appreciation to those who have joined us on the journey of this landmark title.

We more than anyone understand the frustrations and difficulties that come with participating in the public development of a game. As the team marches along with the new Enfusion engine development, we with our community have weathered broken or missing features, near game-breaking bugs, general growing pains, cheating issues and more. We’ve also experienced exciting landmarks and vital improvements alongside them.

We count ourselves lucky to have one of the most passionate, dedicated gaming communities sticking by us through the good and bad, aiding the team in making massive gains and advancements we might never have been able to accomplish without Early Access and those who have participated in it. With our goal set for a 2016 release from Early Access and the coming 1.0 of DayZ, lets take a quick look at what we have ahead of us:

• Steam Workshop support (Modding)
  • Base Building
  • Aerial Vehicles
  • New Renderer
  • New robust Animation System
  • Enhanced Audio System support
  • Predators
  • Finalized Chernarus +
  • Animal Companions
  • New more modern UI & Inventory
  • Public Server Binaries & Servlet/Database Release
  • New User Actions & Fluid movement within the game world

And that’s only the beginning.

The entire DayZ team is exceptionally excited about the coming year. We look forward to building this world with our growing community, seeing even more amazing stories play out and sharing landmark moments with everyone that has made this game what it is so far. We thank you, and to everyone who has joined us along the way on our march to DayZ’s ultimate release - this wouldn’t be possible without every one of you.

This a rare nod to the invaluable data you and I provide every time we log in, KoS, grow a tomato, jump from a crane, try to holster a banana, teabag a zombie, and bork a bipod onto a longhorn.

I would like to say that the DayZ staff and forum moderators take an enormous amount of heat and for the most part handle it like champs.

We are on the cusp of huge changes and improvements and I'm squirming with glee!

We appreciate your appreciation!

Reflect some love back!

Wub! Zombies! Infections! <3

J8hM75W.png

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 17

Haha, you can't be serious. This is just PR talk.

Troll harder.

Some of us have put in 1,000's of hours just trying to report bugs and make suggestions and this degree of acknowledgement is rare.

I'm serious.

• Like 12

Yes it is PR, that much is obvious to anyone with half a brain. They are praising and thanking their customers for the continued support of the project which generates goodwill with their customers and paints BI in a good light.

They don't need to do it, it's a nice gesture to show their appreciation.

Dismissing it as 'just PR talk' is unnecessary and goes to prove that for parts of the community BI can do nothing right. Give them credit where it's due, recent status reports, q+a's and now this show that they do value community input which when the game is suffering from a low period (.55 until .58 IMO) is a good way of garnering positive reactions.

Well done BI, thank you for acknowledging the effort some in the community put into bug testing, experimenting and reporting issues that will lead to a better game for all.

• Like 6

Oh right. You can't say anything bad about based BIS because it's trolling? Are you 12? I'm being realistic.

No beans for you Sir!

Oh right. You can't say anything bad about based BIS because it's trolling? Are you 12? I'm being realistic.

Oh shush you.

Don't create multiple accounts just to come here to troll please.

Edited by Accolyte
  • Like 8

Your two posts really make you realistic.

on topic..

can't wait for 2k16!

Edited by therandomredstone
  • Like 1

I'm fairly certain they said the game should be done by 2014, then 2015, then now 2016. The game constantly is pushed back and pushed back, and I KNOW this game will get done. The pace the game is developing is honestly a joke for a game that made 90 million. Even over that. I get that a new engine is being developed, but hire more people ffs. You did it once. 

It's pathetic, it really is.

:(

When they hired more people, it set them back maybe 6 months... Horse is long flogged on that topic.  People need to stop talking about Bi's bank account as if money is some catalyst or high octane additive you mix in to the petrol to go faster.  More money is just more petrol, it gets your farther not faster.

To be honest, i'm surprised they (BI) still tout the 2016 exit from EA.  I'm not sure if they still intend to release 'Beta' at Q1'16, and anecdotally i've heard that BI has stated that the 0.59...1.0 etc.. numbering scheme has no real-term relationship to alpha/beta/release etc... but if we're still talking traditional Beta here (and what i believe i've heard from BI that Beta=feature input complete), with this list of upcoming introductions of features (and indeed the still awaited list from previous roadmaps) i think it's unlikely that a Q1'16 Beta is realistic.

Personally, i'm actually afraid that the pace appears to be quickening and that certain features may not come to fruition.  Maybe i'm just too hooked into what i know and am afraid to see the chick leave the nest... But after all these years of waiting and bitching from the less sugary members of the playerbase, the last thing i want to see is a last-minute throw together to push to production.  Please dear god take the time and brush off the naysayers.

Exciting,

Scary

Future.

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 5

Haha, you can't be serious. This is just PR talk.

I guess you are one of the people, who bought the WarZ and praised it for being the better game? Until it became painfully clear that nothing can compare to Dayz and that these developers are actually dedicated to creating a completely new gaming experience. Just admit it ;)

That being said, I find myself puzzled by this announcement. I listed the exact same features as a reason why Dayz is not gonna make its Beta (1.0) release by the time they projected it. A decent experimental version takes 2-3 months now and usually introduces one new (main) feature at a time; and then it takes another 2 months to iron out the kinks. Realistically, the Beta should begin in Fall 2016 - which is fine for me. In my opinon they would do better without discrediting themselves half of the time, because the work done on the game is outstanding in many ways. By giving false hope repeatedly correcting goals and schedules, the devs just make themselves and the game subject to attacks that are completely unnecessary. Sure, it would be great to see a Spring/Summer Release date for the Beta and revive the game for another couple of millions of sales. But what they don't seem to get is that by their policies and announcements they are not inspiring more people to buy the game, they are raising scepticism about Dayz's value, as a whole.

This should not be happening! I agree that much of it is PR, but it's achieving the opposite effect of what good PR does: the people, who blindly love the game already will jump in to declare anyone a troll and the people, who are sceptical get even more arguments against the development. I find myself often torn about this, because I want the game to succeed and I am having fun with it, most of the time. Yet, I also see the problems and recurring bugs that seem to be in an on/off relationship with each new update; things I thought were fixed come back to haunt me once more. In the end, it is a personal decision and none that PR will influence anyway. You either play the game, cope with the problems and enjoy what you get, or you bicker about promised features and delayed schedules. The latter of which could be easily avoided, if the devs finally tried to be more realistically about meeting their timetables - or not meeting them. Just like with the mod, word of mouth will be the final selling argument for the game; I see this as an honest development, so I don't see why we need PR that borders on being a lie. I can do without it and rather have no information or silently working PR through good maintenance of changelogs, projected goals and features (without a set date to them). But I guess PR just isn't a thing Bohemia is good at. At all.   

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

I came into the game back in January of this year.  Despite the bugs, I have the impression of constant progress; slow as it may be at times.  These new vehicles and their many problems make me somewhat nostalgic for the days when V3S behavior was hilariously buggy.  I can't even count the times that I had warned people not to approach a truck from behind, lest they spook it and get kicked in the head.  That time a couple of trees snatched up my truck upon entering it, and suspended it there like a hammock; or the time I saw a friend hit a guardrail and get sent up into the stratoshpere; I would gladly participate in this alpha for another year if that is what it takes.

The schedule seems to be a bit optimistic, but I like optimism.  It's nice to know that our efforts are appreciated; especially when bug reports will sometimes sit for a week before being assigned.

I'm fairly certain they said the game should be done by 2014, then 2015, then now 2016. The game constantly is pushed back and pushed back, and I KNOW this game will get done. The pace the game is developing is honestly a joke for a game that made 90 million. Even over that. I get that a new engine is being developed, but hire more people ffs. You did it once. 

You are incorrect.

• Like 5

That being said, I find myself puzzled by this announcement. I listed the exact same features as a reason why Dayz is not gonna make its Beta (1.0) release by the time they projected it. A decent experimental version takes 2-3 months now and usually introduces one new (main) feature at a time; and then it takes another 2 months to iron out the kinks. Realistically, the Beta should begin in Fall 2016 - which is fine for me. In my opinon they would do better without discrediting themselves half of the time,

Yeah, basically mirroring my opinion.

At this point, the suggestion that an on-time delivery of beta (and the associated feature-complete implication that such a progression brings) scares me that planned features may be cut back.

Alternatively, if the planned and future features are still to be installed, then there is no point for Beta to be released at the given date, discrediting their announcements, schedules, and future communication.

It's very much a lose-lose in that regard.

Although, SMoss has declared that DayZ devs intend to support their product at least 5 years into the future post-launch (assuming gold release) so it could be a continually expanding game with a 'feature-lite' official release and then a backdoor experimental/stable branch allowing for updates/hotfixes to the official game platform.  Personally, i'd prefer a good sized plate of meat steak and potatoes in front of me at the start rather than sides served throughout the experience...

We'll wait to see, but these 'PR' announcements do make me confused at the least ;(

But this is all just speculation, ultimately.

• Like 1

It is kind of PR-y mumbo jumbo. But I won't get all worked up over it, either for or against it. Clearly it made some of you happy, and that's all that counts right?  :thumbsup:

The message is...

As 2015 draws to a close and we approach the two year milestone of DayZ in the Steam Early Access program, the DayZ development team would like to show our deep appreciation to those who have joined us on the journey of this landmark title.

We count ourselves lucky to have one of the most passionate, dedicated gaming communities sticking by us through the good and bad, aiding the team in making massive gains and advancements we might never have been able to accomplish without Early Access and those who have participated in it.

The rest is a simple recap of the situation at this time and looking to the future.

They are thanking those that have stuck by DayZ SA and are (in a sense) encouraging you to continue to do so.

We thank you, and to everyone who has joined us along the way on our march to DayZ’s ultimate release - this wouldn’t be possible without every one of you.

Pretty good as far as PR goes, imho.

• Like 6

I find it very weird that in that "feature list" nowhere is mentioned that they want to optimize the game so normal people without a 2000€ machine can play it

i love the game and would like to participate in submitting bugs etc, but i can't do that if i need to upgrade my pc for about 1000€ to play it with more than 20 fps

Edited by Zombo

Kid , where do you get your info kid ! Lawl I love when people say "it was promised in 2014 !" Show me where that was promised , it was NEVER SET TO RELEASE IN 2014 , it was ALWAYS on the roadmap to ROUGHLY BE READY FOR BETA AROUND END OF 2015 ... Obviously we all know that it's been pushed back a few months (and the devs acknowledged that). So Stop spreading misinformation based off of your butthurt !

• Like 3

The message is...

We count ourselves lucky to have one of the most passionate, dedicated gaming communities sticking by us through the good and bad, aiding the team in making massive gains and advancements we might never have been able to accomplish without Early Access and those who have participated in it.

The rest is a simple recap of the situation at this time and looking to the future.

They are thanking those that have stuck by DayZ SA and are (in a sense) encouraging you to continue to do so.

We thank you, and to everyone who has joined us along the way on our march to DayZ’s ultimate release - this wouldn’t be possible without every one of you.

Pretty good as far as PR goes, imho.

Ive stuck with it, i enjoy the game. Those saying Warz is a shitty game well its not, just needs a ton of work to it to make it good. Besides the cheaters that ruined it.

I must say, people really don't know the stress these guys do go through. Plus the fact, they had to redo, rehash and retrain themselves every day.

We are a community striving to make dayz better. If you don't think Dayz Dev's and the community can do any better at making the game hardcore enough and make it so everyone enjoys their first experience, then just depart. Why are you here? go play something else.

Thanks Day Z Dev's, for all the hard work and dedication into making Dayz what it will become in time. Your efforts do not go unnoticed by many of us in this community, and those taking a break are also in agreement with what i am trying to say.

Its stressful on alpha testers too, to report and find problems. I've felt the hardships of limitted testing products in each deployment. Such as ammo, guns, food-water in balances, persistence, game speed, ui, clunky movements, etc.. the list goes on, and the further we get into development each of these issues can be slowly worked out by each patch.

Each company is different, each buy or lease software products, BI has made a statement prior to development they want to use their own in house tools. So be it, its a company, its a software company that designs products. They do have to look out for the end dollar 10-20 years from now. They also have to write these products sometimes at the last minute to deploy new features.

Give them a break once in awhile too.

You know if only half of these people would go get arma 3 and start scripting, modding they would understand what kind of semi work goes into products like this.

Exile new mod, is turning eyes all over the place. Its a great mod, and they deserve rewards for their efforts like dean did a while ago.

Don't think people have been following that project since its inception.

Thanks Dayz dev's for appreciating our efforts.

Now gibme the tools so i can start modding =D

:beans: :beans: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

They failed, simple as that and the absolutely abysmal player numbers don't lie.

I freaking loved this game, putting in 0000's of hours of the mod and then SA but they systematically killed it with "hicks" poorly thought through vision of the game. Not realising the already established player base, the ones that made it popular, had already moulded the game into its category and defined it's place but no, hicks knew best.

SA was suppose to be a less buggy, less clunky, smother adaptation of the mod; not some "hicks" inspired modification of the game cause he has no fucking idea.

You should not have let rocket leave, we all know how your "creative"  differences forced him out and now you are reaping what you sow, with a game that 3 million+ bought and no one wants to play.

But hey keep listening to the new players that cry about KoS and all the other facets that made this game great. Way to ruin the most addictive thrilling game that I had the pleasure of playing.

*slow clap*

They failed, simple as that and the absolutely abysmal player numbers don't lie.

I freaking loved this game, putting in 0000's of hours of the mod and then SA but they systematically killed it with "hicks" poorly thought through vision of the game. Not realising the already established player base, the ones that made it popular, had already moulded the game into its category and defined it's place but no, hicks knew best.

SA was suppose to be a less buggy, less clunky, smother adaptation of the mod; not some "hicks" inspired modification of the game cause he has no fucking idea.

You should not have let rocket leave, we all know how your "creative"  differences forced him out and now you are reaping what you sow, with a game that 3 million+ bought and no one wants to play.

But hey keep listening to the new players that cry about KoS and all the other facets that made this game great. Way to ruin the most addictive thrilling game that I had the pleasure of playing.

*slow clap*

Now i am going to bash apart your statements.

They are completely false. Totally false, zip zill nadda correct.

Here is why? http://steamcharts.com/app/221100

read it understand its almost back to peak. Its winter time, and the new games had nothing to do with it.

I like dean hall a ton, but his departure was the best thing for the project and also his new company. Hes a programmer. He was also living away from home.

He might have a family too? don't know, don't care but it explains why.

The rest of it is fixable over time.

-snip-

*slow clap*

So only new players are anti-KoS?

And KoS makes the game great?

I started playing July 2012 and do not KoS.

If all you do is KoS you are the sandbox version of herpes and gooooood riddance.

You seem to have expected the mod+security and are upset they decided to do much more....

Your statements make me think you should do a lot more reading about the state of the game, the process of making it that has unfolded, and the fact that modding will give you the damn version you want.

Have you got your monies worth of game play from the SA yet?

In what part of this have you lost out on anything?

Maybe come back in 6 months, a year, more, and take another look.

And for those saying dayz is dieing Fuck you!

http://steamcharts.com/app/221100

looks good on that thread, i told you so then and ill tell you so now, its winter, and people return to games plain and simple if they like it.

http://steamcharts.com/app/295110

http://steamcharts.com/app/252490