Sign in to follow this  
Re-Patch

Two annoying bugs, any ideas?

What's up guys, I've got just a quick question. On Reddit no one was able to help me, maybe here someone knows more...

Since two/three weeks I'm experiencing two weird bugs that are both damn annoying.

Am I the only one (=something on my side) or are these known already (and is there maybe even a fix for it)?

• stable 0.58 & 0.59
  • reinstall did not help
  • valid. game files did not help
  • reinstall mouse did not help
  • using old UI

1)

When I click on an item in my inventory and want to drag it "outside" (to the right side for example, that it lands on the floor), the item 7/10 times gets stuck in my hands, I can't drop it off next to the character. Then I open/close tab & try it again 2-3 times until it works. Is that a bug with my mouse or a new bug with the game? Btw., the mouse works flawlessly in the only other game I play, CSGO.

2)

In the last few days, my zoom is constantly getting stuck. I'm talking about the "+" zoom. Usually, when you only hold "+" and don't double click it, the view goes back to normal "fov" once you release the "+" button. Recently it keeps getting stuck in the zoomed in view. I found out that I can fix it by pressing "ESC", but it keeps happening, any ideas?

Thanks for your help & cheers, Re-Patch

Edited by re-patch

1) doesn't happen to me.

Make sure that if you are trying to drop the item out of inventory onto the ground, that you ONLY release the click+drag function once the item is outside of the inventory box.  I'm assuming you're using oldui.

If you release in the character pane (the part depicting your character); inside an inventory slot; and possibly the space between the inventory slots/containers (ie: clothing/backpack/etc..., the dark grey areas that are INSIDE the inventory pane) then you may just redistribute the item to your inventory, and if you have nothing in your hands it may go into hands (although it shouldn't unless you drag it into the 'hands' box area).

So short answer, no to 1)

2) this happens to me a lot in Arma.  I figure it's a double-right-click issue that sets max-zoom-on.  Another player/forum user communicated a perhaps similar issue with their run-function defaulting to always on (ie: auto run at press of forwards key), however I am not aware that DayZ has an always on toggle for either of these functions (i know it does for turn head/neck but not Run forwards / maximise zoom).  It may not be this, and some weird stuff, but the way i get rid of it in Arma3 is just by clicking the same button again for the function that is on lock.  Ie: if my zoom is set to maximum, i just press Rclick again, and as it is a 'hold' function and not toggle (for me) then the PC/game acknoledges the input and resets, as it is as max zoom and i only click, it then retreats back to standard view range.

If you're talking about an incremental zoom feature specific to certain gradational telescopic sights, (ie: Num +/-) then i also haven't experienced this issue - at all - as i don't use incremental zoom items / don't have the weapons or don't find the weapons that support them, in DayZ, and i haven't experienced the issue in DayZ anyway, just in Arma3 up to this point.

It's probably a bug, lodge a ticket but search for like issues first and then pledge your issue to that ticket if available.

Good luck, and keep looking for quickfixes/workarounds in the meantime to make the experience more playable for you.

Despite it being a frustrating issue, i would advise against reinstalling DayZ due to issues like these (especially as i see them as relatively minor) unless you have bandwidth to burn.  The problems in this Early Access/Alpha are numerous and pervasive, and while a thorough investigation is to be applauded, don't put yourself out or rack up charges if your quota is near-cap or of low capacity.  This standard method is also unlikely to solve your issue in general, in my opinion.

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1

1) doesn't happen to me.

Make sure that if you are trying to drop the item out of inventory onto the ground, that you ONLY release the click+drag function once the item is outside of the inventory box.  I'm assuming you're using oldui.

If you release in the character pane (the part depicting your character); inside an inventory slot; and possibly the space between the inventory slots/containers (ie: clothing/backpack/etc..., the dark grey areas that are INSIDE the inventory pane) then you may just redistribute the item to your inventory, and if you have nothing in your hands it may go into hands (although it shouldn't unless you drag it into the 'hands' box area).

So short answer, no to 1)

2) this happens to me a lot in Arma.  I figure it's a double-right-click issue that sets max-zoom-on.  Another player/forum user communicated a perhaps similar issue with their run-function defaulting to always on (ie: auto run at press of forwards key), however I am not aware that DayZ has an always on toggle for either of these functions (i know it does for turn head/neck but not Run forwards / maximise zoom).  It may not be this, and some weird stuff, but the way i get rid of it in Arma3 is just by clicking the same button again for the function that is on lock.  Ie: if my zoom is set to maximum, i just press Rclick again, and as it is a 'hold' function and not toggle (for me) then the PC/game acknoledges the input and resets, as it is as max zoom and i only click, it then retreats back to standard view range.

If you're talking about an incremental zoom feature specific to certain gradational telescopic sights, (ie: Num +/-) then i also haven't experienced this issue - at all - as i don't use incremental zoom items / don't have the weapons or don't find the weapons that support them, in DayZ, and i haven't experienced the issue in DayZ anyway, just in Arma3 up to this point.

It's probably a bug, lodge a ticket but search for like issues first and then pledge your issue to that ticket if available.

Good luck, and keep looking for quickfixes/workarounds in the meantime to make the experience more playable for you.

Thanks a lot for the fast answer.

Sorry I forgot to mention that, yes, I am using the old interface.

1)

Thanks, it's a good tipp, but unfortunately not the solution...

I know that (your example) it goes back into the inventory (in another slot/another piece of cloathing) if you drop it there, but my problem is, even if I would want to do that, I couldn't, it really gets stuck in my hands (not the hands slot, just when u drag it, it get's stuck there, you can't do anything with it anymore once you start dragging the item).

Also it's random, even weapons, not just certain items. I can neither drop it, nor put it in the inventory/next to it, whatever, doesn't matter. Sometimes I can put it back in the inventory, but 9/10 times I just have to close the inventory with tab, open again, and try this for 1-3 times to "fix" it. Some extra info, what keeps happening to me as well (like every 6th or 7th time I fire a gun, the shooting gets "stuck" as well, meaning I can't stop shooting, until I rapidly click tab/esc etc. etc. (but usually the mag is empty by then and everyone will know where I am). I could imagine this being a similar/the same issue.

You can imagine that if you're battling in Cherno/Elektro on 50 full-pop these two bugs in combination are veeery annoying. Thanks for the tipp though, I will check the feedback tracker and open a new one if I can't find anything.

2)

I am talking about the incremental zoom (numpad + and -) (although if you use it to zoom without a weapon it's not really incremental ;))

It's not locked though, I know you can lock it with a double click on the button, but that's not it, I'm just holding it and realeasing it again after a few seconds (bound to mouse 3).

The reason I don't use the normal zoom (right click) is that it brings you out of breath, that's an absolut no go since I use it every few seconds, especially inlands (to check back/sides etc. thoroughly). My friend has the same issue, really seems to be a bug. Funny thing is also that you can only fix it by pressing ESC, minus (as it usually would), won't bring you back to the zoomed out view, only ESC helps.

I will do the same here (feedback tracker). This one's not as bad, ESC is always working, the other two are pretty gamebraking for me though, hope that gets fixed soon.

Thanks a lot for your help & have a good one,

Cheers,

Patch

Edited by re-patch

So, could you please clarify?

Thanks a lot for the fast answer.

Sorry I forgot to mention that, yes, I am using the old interface.

1)

Thanks, it's a good tipp, but unfortunately not the solution...

I know that (your example) it goes back into the inventory (in another slot/another piece of cloathing) if you drop it there, but my problem is, even if I would want to do that, I couldn't, it really gets stuck in my hands (not the hands slot, just when u drag it, it get's stuck there, you can't do anything with it anymore once you start dragging the item).

OK

sorry, to clarify: you're saying that 'in your hands' means that the item is stuck on the cursor, and that you can not interact with anything else as the item is locked to the cursor?

That's completely different to what i thought and a lot more crippling if the case?..

Definitely haven't experienced this, and would definitely suggest opening or browsing for like tickets in the bug tracker, man.  That's the kind of stuff that gets you killed while reloading a gun...

edit; i'm a bit of a hypocrite, i don't use the tracker much... i gave up once i forgot my password to the (new account) that you need to make to lodge a bug report.

but i'm pretty sure this is the link to it:

https://feedback.dayz.com/my_view_page.php

as above, you'll need a new account (and probably verification by email) but this is what i'd say, a bug that causes serious impediments to gameplay.

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1

1)

When I click on an item in my inventory and want to drag it "outside" (to the right side for example, that it lands on the floor), the item 7/10 times gets stuck in my hands, I can't drop it off next to the character. Then I open/close tab & try it again 2-3 times until it works. Is that a bug with my mouse or a new bug with the game? Btw., the mouse works flawlessly in the only other game I play, CSGO.

I have run into that same problem as well from time to time. for me when the item gets stuck on the cursor trying to drop an item of to the right of the screen, I  just move the cursor to the left side of screen where it shows items on the floor and ( edit sorry not right click ) but click the left mouse button and the item then drops onto ground.

Edited by twojz
  • Like 1

So, could you please clarify?

OK sorry, to clarify: you're saying that 'in your hands' means that the item is stuck on the cursor, and that you can not interact with anything else as the item is locked to the cursor?

That's completely different to what i thought and a lot more crippling if the case?..

Definitely haven't experienced this, and would definitely suggest opening or browsing for like tickets in the bug tracker, man.  That's the kind of stuff that gets you killed while reloading a gun...

edit; i'm a bit of a hypocrite, i don't use the tracker much... i gave up once i forgot my password to the (new account) that you need to make to lodge a bug report.

but i'm pretty sure this is the link to it:

https://feedback.dayz.com/my_view_page.php

as above, you'll need a new account (and probably verification by email) but this is what i'd say, a bug that causes serious impediments to gameplay.

I didn't have a chance to respond yet and sorry for the poor description, it's not my motherthongue and I wasn't really sure how to put it.

But you got it right, unfortunately it's exactly like this:

....... that the item is stuck on the cursor, and that you can not interact with anything else as the item is locked to the cursor?

And yeah, it's damn annoying, I mean ... I freaking love this game, I've played more than 3.5k hours already and seen every patch & pretty much everything already, the time with the hackers etc. etc., but these two bugs at the moment are heavily putting me to the test right now :/

Thanks again for the help, will definitely check/open ticket on the feedback site asap.

I have run into that same problem as well from time to time. for me when the item gets stuck on the cursor trying to drop an item of to the right of the screen, I them just move the cursor to the left side of screen where it shows items on the floor and right click and the item then drops onto ground.

Yo Twojz, thanks for the tipp, I will try this as soon as possible, that would be an acceptable work-around for now if it would work.

cheers,

Patch

Can you confirm whether that active-/quickfix works for you as described by twojz?  Always good to know of something working for 2 and not just 1... may even help shine light on the actual source of the problem..

:)

• Like 1

Can you confirm whether that active-/quickfix works for you as described by twojz?  Always good to know of something working for 2 and not just 1... may even help shine light on the actual source of the problem..

:)

Unfortunately it's not working for me :( (neither left side/right side, leftclick/rightclick doesn't matter), only 1-3x tab (and try again every time "works")

What is working sometimes (if I grab an apple for example (1slot), and it's get stuck on the cursor) and IF I have 1slot free in the invetory, I can place it in the inventory with a left click, but this is only working sometimes, not always.