spaggiari

Upcoming DayZ modding - Steam workshop

OqH5gDs.jpg

Hey there !

As many [i guess] I've just been reading the end-of-year DayZ devs message.

First thing that really mattered to me is clearly :

lets take a quick look at what we have ahead of us:

• Steam Workshop support (Modding)

• blablablabla

• blablab labla

• blablabla

• bla

This is pretty sweet, sure we're aware the game is far from being complete but this one feature can really increase the whole thing [dayz itself used to be a mod so I guess everyone here knows what I mean aha]

What are your expectations, as user? What do you hope to get from modders?

And what are you, modders, planning to do?

This thread is kind of the suite of my 3d post : Model what you'd love to see ingame !

I'll start with something really simple I think the environment of the game needs a new layer, right now we have a good atmosphere in game, but it still feels like everyone on earth just vanished, where is the zombie/post apocalypse mood?

- vegetations [nature taking back on us, dat kind of shit you know]

- bullet holes in walls [which is also a very good lighting trick]

- the railway on the coast needs a new face too I think

Few dead bodies here-and-there, more damaged buildings, break-able / locked doors, stuff like that.

I am also for sure finishing that one model and adding a red-lens item :

shoulder bulb flashlight
(The Last of Us reference)

W71KxlF.jpg9LhVlXF.jpgZcVNGcR.png

And that wire fence cutter I already posted too :

[so you stop running around trying to find an open wire, and just cut your own way]

3BdOsNI.png

• Like 2

The things I hope mods bring out are these : new inplemented content that are little but bring tons of flavor to the game like climbing through windows , that wire cutter you had shown , maybe furniture crafting if it isn't in the game by completion , and new maps for sure : I want dayz to be set in America , where it really looks zombie ravaged and has fast food everywhere , stores and apartment complexes , malls as big as mall of America , and state borders :) !

• Like 2

Just been watching that movie again,

I am definitly getting this one gun to the game as soon as we can

Same for the really story-telling ruined/used clothings.

Take a look at those guys, it really seems like they've been outside for a while.

Maybe also gonna try some clothing size work. Like wearing way too large coats etc.

ROAD_truck_bandits1.jpg

TheRoad_47.jpg

S%26W-Model-10.jpg

• Like 1

I hope to see mods that make the game more unforgiving, more like an above poster stated like the film the road. I'm worried about modding which is hypocritical since this game was born from a mod. I'll be happy for anything except fucking EPOCH overwatch bullshit. please for the love of any and all gods save us from epoch and overwatch style mods or should I say servers and please gods let those servers with shitloads of mods have decent fucking FPS.

Edited by gannon46