Sign in to follow this  
AlexMsK

aspect ratio!

Write! In! Proper! Sentences! So! People! Can! Understand! You!

Seriously dude, use your words like a grown up and explain what the problem is rather than just typing five words with little to no context and expecting to get a reasoned and thoughtful response.

Write! In! Proper! Sentences! So! People! Can! Understand! You!

Seriously dude, use your words like a grown up and explain what the problem is rather than just typing five words with little to no context and expecting to get a reasoned and thoughtful response.

Why the developers have removed the setting "aspect ratio"?
I always playing with 4:3 easily changed "aspect ratio" in game
now I not can change "aspect ratio" in game on 4:3
it not conveniently highly!

Why you ask? Well this was intended. The aspect ratio has been fixed to your monitors correct aspect ratio now. There is absolutely no reason to play at an incorrect aspect ratio in dayz, It serves no purpose. Judging from the community, there was a massive amount of players who had no idea how to set it to their monitors correct ratio or just had no idea it was wrong  :|

If you have a 16:9 monitor, you will now have 16:9 aspect ratio in game. If you had a 4.3 monitor you would also get this ratio, but it seems you do not considering your follow up post.

Why would you play at an incorrect aspect ratio if I may ask? Besides the added advantage to see or shoot people easier because they become wider targets. I am genuinely curious on the answer to this one considering the amount of screenies that show a blatant disregard to correct ratio.

• Like 1

Why the developers have removed the setting "aspect ratio"?

I always playing with 4:3 easily changed "aspect ratio" in game
now I not can change "aspect ratio" in game on 4:3
it not conveniently highly!

Auto-detecting aspect ratio makes sense but I don't like how they are preventing it from being changed (bug?). Unfortunately changing fovTop and fovLeft in username.DayZProfile seems to have no effect. You can still mess with the DayZ.cfg. Play around with Resolution_W, Resolution_H, Render_W and Render_H. I could get a fat character with 1920 and 768 but had black bars top and bottom. Some other values didn't work and gave a blurrier 16:9.

yfADMSo.jpg

Edited by Gews
  • Like 1

Why you ask? Well this was intended. The aspect ratio has been fixed to your monitors correct aspect ratio now. There is absolutely no reason to play at an incorrect aspect ratio in dayz, It serves no purpose. Judging from the community, there was a massive amount of players who had no idea how to set it to their monitors correct ratio or just had no idea it was wrong  :|

If you have a 16:9 monitor, you will now have 16:9 aspect ratio in game. If you had a 4.3 monitor you would also get this ratio, but it seems you do not considering your follow up post.

Why would you play at an incorrect aspect ratio if I may ask? Besides the added advantage to see or shoot people easier because they become wider targets. I am genuinely curious on the answer to this one considering the amount of screenies that show a blatant disregard to correct ratio.

That's the only reason I can think of... they want wider targets. It's about getting hits more easily using the graphics rather than skill.

I always playing with 4:3 - though at me 16:9

LOL, if do "aspect ratio" 4:3 - this in no way not gives advantages!  

Yes picture become wider and what?
Edited by AlexMsK

I always playing with 4:3 - though at me 16:9

LOL, if do "aspect ratio" 4:3 - this in no way not gives advantages!  

Yes picture become wider and what?

It's been pretty common to use a 4:3 resolution stretched to 16:9 to give yourself a bigger target in Counter-Strike pretty much since 16:9 monitors became a thing. The trade off is that by stretching the x axis of the image on your screen you're also stretching the x axis if your mouse input causing your horizontal sensitivity to feel higher than your vertical sensitivity, which is really strange.

I'd imagine that you can still do this by selecting a 4:3 resolution in-game and changing your graphics cards scaling options.

I'd imagine that you can still do this by selecting a 4:3 resolution in-game and changing your graphics cards scaling options.

I know but so not conveniently change hither and thither - wanted would see this setting "aspect ratio" in game as It was always

4:3 ratio makes me feel fat.

Just kidding.  21:9, suckers!

I know but so not conveniently change hither and thither - wanted would see this setting "aspect ratio" in game as It was always

As was already pointed out - it's not actually useful and makes it more difficult for players to properly configure their graphics settings.

You can still achieve the 4:3 stretched to 16:9 effect if you really want to, however it's not something that the developers are interested in allowing via the in-game settings menu; hence the option having been removed in the first place.

• Like 1