boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

Absolutely love the christmas trees :D I was very much hoping for Teddy Bears again as well, or for the lights to somehow magically come on without the help of the chernarussian Electric Company ^^

Merry Christmas Devs, and thanks for the Christmas trees!!!

:thumbsup:   I was super happy when they added them again. They moved a bit from their old locations too. I had some fun lighting a few around.

Merry Christmas everyone! Enjoy your holidays!!

5evg5u.jpg

2mdmkn4.jpg

2vhw677.jpg

• Like 1

I noticed a few things I didn't see in experimental 0.59.

The Red9 seem to have it's reloading animation now. Used it a lot on experimental and it wasn't there.

333yjys.jpg

2m4y4qg.jpg

Also, and this was already in experimental but didn't see anything post about it, but you can't put pistols in the plate carrier holster if it as attachments on it. The Red9 looked a bit silly with it's buttstock sticking out of the holster. 

Same thing applies to the other pistols as well. Had some attachments for the Glock, and even with only the pistol flashlight it can't be attached to the holster. 

Glock with suppressor and flashlight.

pbncx.jpg

28v3z0h.jpg

Does the -malloc=system command actually do anything or is it superfluous?

also curious whether these exthread, cores and mem launch commands make a difference at all?

I have an fx 8350 (8 core amd) , 16gb ram 760gb GTX nvidia... 

Right now all I'm using is

-noSplash -skipIntro -winxp -world=empty -noLogs -noBenchmark

Edited by Rick Stone

I found a few crash sites without any loot at all, but the same can be applied to police cars and boats. All dynamic events seem to have a chance to spawn without anything at all. Probably a bug.

That being said, I seem to have been very lucky with my crash sites. Especially the Mi-8.

Found 2 VSS and 1 SVD in only 2 crash sites. Even had a mag for the SVD where I found it. Didn't even need to go to a military area.

ab776f.jpg

Carrying a bit too much "rare" stuff I think.  :P  The VSS isn't that great, but since I'm not too much into pvp, I don't mind at all... I'd be happy running with only an engraved 1911.

The VSS really needs a 20rnd mag.

That said, the VSS may not be the best right now, but the PSO is a beast, so the find is worth it for that alone :P

A kitted AKM with PSO is really powerful.

• Like 1

I noticed a few things I didn't see in experimental 0.59.

The Red9 seem to have it's reloading animation now. Used it a lot on experimental and it wasn't there.

333yjys.jpg

2m4y4qg.jpg

Also, and this was already in experimental but didn't see anything post about it, but you can't put pistols in the plate carrier holster if it as attachments on it. The Red9 looked a bit silly with it's buttstock sticking out of the holster. 

Same thing applies to the other pistols as well. Had some attachments for the Glock, and even with only the pistol flashlight it can't be attached to the holster. 

Glock with suppressor and flashlight.

pbncx.jpg

28v3z0h.jpg

I saw Red9 animation when I first found it on early experimental. I never found 9mm clip for it. Not being able to holster pistol with flashlight is really anoying. 

Where did you find pistol supressor?

Anybody else disappointed when getting to a crash site (NATO and Russian) and not finding to much? I found a few crash sites last night up near Green Mountain and they all had stuff at them, but nothing too exciting. Mostly high cap vests, parts to AK's, canteens' and a few other misc. items. No ammo or guns so far. 

Gonna keep hunting this evening (if I have time) to see if anything has changed but so far been disappointed with what i'm finding.

Just a friendly reminder that folks here on the forums are more than welcome to use my TS for DayZ. See my signature below for the address. I have several channels setup for squads to use as well as stable and experimental channels. If you have any questions or concerns about the TS, just send me a PM on here.

I've gotten the impression that crashsites are on a one-hour respawn cycle.  Been finding crazy amounts of helicopter loot on this patch.  my suggestion is to get some working wheels, and you will be stuffing tents with FALs and SVDs before you know it.

• Like 2

I saw Red9 animation when I first found it on early experimental. I never found 9mm clip for it. Not being able to holster pistol with flashlight is really anoying. 

Where did you find pistol supressor?

I found the pistol suppressor at a Nato (smoking UH-1Y) crash site.

The 9mm clip for the Red9 is very common at military tents and barracks. I had clips and plenty of ammo on experimental, but when I was using either the action bar or "r" to reload, I didn't get any animations, and the weapon would be reloaded after a few seconds. (The time it takes for the animation to play.)

• Like 1

The VSS really needs a 20rnd mag.

That said, the VSS may not be the best right now, but the PSO is a beast, so the find is worth it for that alone :P

A kitted AKM with PSO is really powerful.

Just keep in mind that the PSO-1-1 scope from the VSS is not the same as the PSO-1 scope. They look the same but the PSO-1-1 scope can only zero up to 400m whereas the PSO-1 scope can zero up to 1000m.

source: WOBO's VSS Vintorez guide video

Just keep in mind that the PSO-1-1 scope from the VSS is not the same as the PSO-1 scope. They look the same but the PSO-1-1 scope can only zero up to 400m whereas the PSO-1 scope can zero up to 1000m.

source: WOBO's VSS Vintorez guide video

Can you zero either in 50m steps tho? Wish you could sometimes. Rounds like the 7x39 and SP-9 are kinda dependant on precise zeroing on distances

Can you zero either in 50m steps tho? Wish you could sometimes. Rounds like the 7x39 and SP-9 are kinda dependant on precise zeroing on distances

I don't think so, but I like that idea.

Yes, the VSS with its PSO1-1 scope must be zeroed in 50 meter increments.  Don't even bother trying to use it past 300 meters; even when correctly zeroed, the bullet falls a bit short.  It seems like it takes almost a full second for the bullet to get that far, too.  It is one-hit-kill to center of mass, and glancing blows seem to cause bleeding fairly consistently.  Shot a guy earlier who was chasing my buddy with an axe; the gut shot crumpled him over in a very satisfying way.

Just mind the range.  I usually carry a longhorn for scouting/backup; it is an acceptable stopgap for hostiles that are out of VSS range, but maybe not far enough away to fell safe trying to just run from them.

• Like 2

Regarding vehicles, some thoughts I had while facing some issues.

[1.] Inventory logic could use a major overhaul. Realistically I could carry like 7 AKS in a Sedan with ease, and thats without tucking them together, just smashing em on a pile with loads of attachments.

Also I could fit all the small items on top of that, use the backseat for space, store a Jerry Can somewhere.

Same with V3S. These vehicles could actually be loot moving powerhouses which would make them more desireable again.

Example: Rope + Barrel = Storage V3S.

3ue5NXI.png

[2.]  Fuel leaking is an annoying, random mechanic that doesnt bring a lot of fun, just the journey to an end. Should be removed until bugs are polished out and there is a way to counteract it somehow.

Especially with the new suspension spasm bug where you cant move your vehicle anymore and it gets damaged and all the fuel runs out. Gamebreaking glitch.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 2

I heard that m4s are spawning under us crash sites. I heard about this since I got pissed of at opening cases in cs go and went to play with a freind and he found a us helicopter and I told him to look under the crash like lay down and look under and he say an m4 but stick sticking out and he grabbed it m4 that whay I heard I belive it but I haven't seen an an m4 yet nor my freinds m4 yet. Everything else is outside.

Edited by DaNic2553

Danic, M4s are not spawning. Neither are AK101s. Inb4 Coldatrophy and other maniacs that found 3 helis in their entire life will disagree with the dozens of people that collectively looted hundreds of helis and claim that they do in fact spawn, just rare - because someone said so. Right.

UMP, FAL, SVD, VSS are spawning tho. And FNX.

Edited by jayfkay

What a morning.  I took 3 rounds and survived.  And thanks heroichobo for not taking me completely out.  By the way that was a good shot and I hope you got the person that took the other shots at me.  I just have to get my health back still in blurovision after 30 mins.  It would be nice to meet you heroic under a less stressful situation.  Well my M65 jacket is ruined, but I have gained a pristine ballistic vest which was worn.  Not bad form that encounter.

Is anyone else having trouble driving sedans and off roads? I spent hours getting a off road up and running, when I drive off it just goes forward like its sliding on ice, wont turn left or right and normally slides into a tree or fence. 

Is anyone else having trouble driving sedans and off roads? I spent hours getting a off road up and running, when I drive off it just goes forward like its sliding on ice, wont turn left or right and normally slides into a tree or fence. 

Yes they seem to be riddled with issues. Try taking off the wheels and putting them back. It has helped me in the past. Also if you have large items in the inventory, try taking those items out and then try and drive. If you need those items you took out, leave your vehicle running while you get out (leave it in neutral of course) and recollect your items and see what happens. 

Also if available, have another vehicle bump yours a little bit forward. We did this yesterday with an offroad that was stuck and it helped get it going again. 

Yes they seem to be riddled with issues. Try taking off the wheels and putting them back. It has helped me in the past. Also if you have large items in the inventory, try taking those items out and then try and drive. If you need those items you took out, leave your vehicle running while you get out (leave it in neutral of course) and recollect your items and see what happens. 

Also if available, have another vehicle bump yours a little bit forward. We did this yesterday with an offroad that was stuck and it helped get it going again. 

Thanks for the tips Riddler. 

• Like 1

Danic, M4s are not spawning. Neither are AK101s. Inb4 Coldatrophy and other maniacs that found 3 helis in their entire life will disagree with the dozens of people that collectively looted hundreds of helis and claim that they do in fact spawn, just rare - because someone said so. Right.

UMP, FAL, SVD, VSS are spawning tho. And FNX.

I'm pretty sure Hicks told Yazar that M4s are spawning and that we should therefore 'look harder'. He may be incorrect though. I've looted around 30 US crash sites in 0.59 and haven't seen any M4s or even M4 parts.

I'm pretty sure Hicks told Yazar that M4s are spawning and that we should therefore 'look harder'. He may be incorrect though. I've looted around 30 US crash sites in 0.59 and haven't seen any M4s or even M4 parts.

I have seen M4 ironsights and whatnot in barrels around. I think

I'm having a Dejavû right now. Coldatrophy even blocked me over this. Wait for him to chime in and accuse us of doubting the people in control.

(....) He may be incorrect though. I've looted around 30 US crash sites in 0.59 and haven't seen any M4s or even M4 parts.

Me neither, nor anyone else I asked nor, in fact, anyone anywhere else.

Situation is exactly like in 57.

Edited by jayfkay

Happy Xmas eve everybody :) ! And for those that celebrate something else happy holidayz!