boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

Okay thanks, will try that next time.

Also try punching the walls (inside & outside) if that doesn't work. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the server to resync or whatever so after 'force syncing' give it like 5-20 seconds.

Basically, just keep trying different things. It works eventually. :P

Not sure if you know, but I am fairly certain that this issue is created by the server thinking the door you walked through to get inside is still closed. So as far as the server is concerned, you're still standing outside. That is why if you drop something while this is happening it won't land at your feet but rather at the base of one of the doors you walked through to get inside. This is why you punch the door. To sync the door's position between client and server.

somewhat related; I sometimes like to test my lag/desync by vaulting and taking a mental note of how long it took to start the action. 

Edited by LucidHills
  • Like 2

Me and my group are actually having a great time with the vehicles (well the offroad) , we had gotten it running , it was very powerful and adequately climbed hills and never skidded out unaturally (although we did some awesome fish tailing driving). After we got stopped in the road by an invisible roadblock (twice) me and my friend decided to log out and in real quick , I took the battery out just in case . I log on first and my friend takes a little longer as he's stuck at please wait , I see someone coming down the road and laying in the grass , unlike my normal self I start taking single Fire shots at the guy (knowing he was up to no good I told myself lol)...

I'm anxiously waiting for my friend to spawn in , as he has an Svd and could easily take out the would be car jacker . . But he was too late , as I fled to the car to get it running I see two more baddies running from either end of the three valleys bus spawn , I stupidly run into a house and meet a fourth member of said group ... They took me out after I put a half a clip into the one in the house , and unfortunately my friend spawns in with his Svd right at the same moment they pass by , so he wasn't even able to fire it , they just kOSed him hard lol...

But we got our revenge , we loaded up with skorpion and RAK and ran back to the cars location . We sW them trying to scour for another tire and we let them do so , to prepare our attack as soon as they started up the car me and my friend take our raks out and start to light up the side and front of the hatchback (I was pretending by making shooting sounds over the mic, I actually had no ammo lol) and my Cuz shooing wildly with the skorpion .

The car spins out ferociously and me and my friend run out of ammo ... My Cuz takes a shot with his scorpion and wrecks tbeir brand new tire sending them Ito another spin this time accompanied by a wall in which they can't get off of ... They hop out and unload on us killing us all lol ... At least we got our vehicle broken so they couldn't desecrate Her anymore lawl ..

I know I was frustrated with vehicles before but I would like to thank all the experimental testers that made this stable possible (along with the devs) . well done guys you really stuck through it when the vehicles were honestly , IMO , at their worst , and for that I thank you !

• Like 3

I think the Glock19 and FN Fal didn't make it into the stable patch we got, only the X'mas trees. 

The Glock was pretty easy to find on experimental. In total, I had found 13 Glocks in 7 police stations on experimental, before, and after the wipe on December 18th.

Dec 17.

24vi1kl.jpg

Freshly started character on December 18th. First weapon I got was a Glock with 2 mags in Svetlo, where I spawned.

dxi8pj.jpg

And now, it seems VSS and SVD are more common than this pistol, so I'm guessing (After searching 20+ police stations, on various characters both private and public hives, 1PP and 3PP...)

2 VSS and 1 SVD at the same crash site, with a mag for the SVD too...   :o

2zf2yc3.jpg

300zha9.jpg

Edit: It seems I was just very, very unlucky compared to my experimental experience, as some have confirmed the Fal is in. (Although no one said they found a Glock yet, I'm assuming they are in as well.)

Edited by Odin Lowe

I think the Glock19 and FN Fal didn't make it into the stable patch we got, only the X'mas trees. 

Fal definitely made it into the recent stable patch... came upon one not 30 minutes ago.

• Like 2

I haven't been able to find a U.S Helicrash since the update in a few servers I have tried in, Can someone confirm they have seen a smoking helicrash since the hotfix last night? Just keen to find a Fal

I haven't been able to find a U.S Helicrash since the update in a few servers I have tried in, Can someone confirm they have seen a smoking helicrash since the hotfix last night? Just keen to find a Fal

Yep, they are in. Found a few yesterday. And like Szymowich said, he found a Fal not too long ago.

Yep, they are in. Found a few yesterday. And like Szymowich said, he found a Fal not too long ago.

Thats good to know, I own a server and haven't been able to find one , just unlucky I guess. Wish me better luck in future lol

• Like 1

Thats good to know, I own a server and haven't been able to find one , just unlucky I guess. Wish me better luck in future lol

Good luck on your search dude! If I can suggest something, as I love going heli hunting since they were first introduced, is to find a pattern that suits you. I usually do the Zeleno/Green mountain run. The area surrounding Green Mountain has a great concentration of possible crash sites, and some areas can be seen from far away, making the trip pretty short for the amount of possibilities you get. (Between 12 and 17.) 

Some might like to search the NWAF and Lopatino surroundings, to each his own.

Safe travels survivor!

Really enjoying this stable version on DayZ Underground! Only found one thing that's slightly degrading from the experience. Occasionally, the game will sort of lock up and reduce my FPS to an extremely low amount until I sit there for a short duration, reset my screen somehow, or even log out/in. Not terrible. . But it's a small gripe. I imagine it has something to do with the spawning in of goods, Infected, other players perhaps. .

Also, if any would like to check out my Suggestion List, I've added a bit more to it at the request of others. (https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230454-brother-espas-list-of-desireable-changes/)

Enjoy and stay safe, Survivors!

Also didn't find a Hunting Backpack, any tip where they do spawn?

I have found Hunting Backpacks everywhere.  In sheds, in Deer Stands, in houses.   They spawn anywhere other backpacks would spawn.  Even the little Child Backpacks.  You could chance upon one around new spawn locations.   They're still super rare.

Is the glock and fn fal in I haven't seen any and I have a feeling it's going to be left out and brought back some updates later like the chainsaw, a bunch of .52 stuff, the vss,red nine, and ump in the beginning, and a few more items. There still some missing stuff like the radio, candle, butane canister, slugs, and mess tin(of all of those I found the radio and slugs in exp .57). There might be more but idk.

• Like 1

car got stuck after restart on invisible object, went out to get feathers for arrows, found SVD, went ahead, found Glock. gifted the Glock to Tartom, hes a nice guy. Didnt get to try it unfortunately as the mag glitched away.

car got stuck after restart on invisible object, went out to get feathers for arrows, found SVD, went ahead, found Glock. gifted the Glock to Tartom, hes a nice guy. Didnt get to try it unfortunately as the mag glitched away.

You don't need the feathered *cough* fletched arrows, you can shoot sharpened sticks from the bow.

Edited by Gews
  • Like 1

Made a Bug Report about getting stuck filling water bottle at Water Pump.   Anyone else getting this?   I typically have to disconnect and reconnect.

you only own a server to admin dupe! lol am i right?

debauchery tea party.

lets see u impress new people without hacks! 

this guys my old clan leader... THC. hackers.. dupers.. 

hes reaching out to the community for friends after his clan abandoned him cause he cheats! and treats people like garbage.

Edited by Renigade
  • Like 1

Why have they not post a official Changelog?

Give them time. 

Its christmas, also its only their job to make games, so they probably took off to go to their families.

Also who needs changelogs, infected are back, that the only thing that matters :D

Found the Glock 19 in police Station this morning however i am getting report that the mags are not yet in the game any one confirm this ?

Never mind found two in a police car

Edited by Hardass

Found the Glock 19 in police Station this morning however i am getting report that the mags are not yet in the game any one confirm this ?

Never mind found two in a police car

I think I found a glock mag loot explosion in one police station. :P There were about 7 mags all together. Took 3, left the rest for the next person.

I'm loving this weapon.

Anybody else disappointed when getting to a crash site (NATO and Russian) and not finding to much? I found a few crash sites last night up near Green Mountain and they all had stuff at them, but nothing too exciting. Mostly high cap vests, parts to AK's, canteens' and a few other misc. items. No ammo or guns so far. 

Gonna keep hunting this evening (if I have time) to see if anything has changed but so far been disappointed with what i'm finding.

Just a friendly reminder that folks here on the forums are more than welcome to use my TS for DayZ. See my signature below for the address. I have several channels setup for squads to use as well as stable and experimental channels. If you have any questions or concerns about the TS, just send me a PM on here.

Anybody else disappointed when getting to a crash site (NATO and Russian) and not finding to much? I found a few crash sites last night up near Green Mountain and they all had stuff at them, but nothing too exciting. Mostly high cap vests, parts to AK's, canteens' and a few other misc. items. No ammo or guns so far.

Ammo and Weapons are definitely spawning at a lower rate at crash sites.   I've witnessed crash sites despawn on several occasions.

I found 3 crashsites so far (surprisingly low amount considering I covered the zeleno green mountain kabanino NWAF lopatino route a couple times).

1st : Russian. SVD, SKS, some random ammo

2nd: US heli with 0 loot. literally not a single item. thats a first for me (searched proximity btw, to no avail).

3rd: US heli. UMP, FNX, helmets, tac shirts. no ammo or mags.

Gonna keep hunting this evening (if I have time) to see if anything has changed but so far been disappointed with what i'm finding.

Just a friendly reminder that folks here on the forums are more than welcome to use my TS for DayZ. See my signature below for the address. I have several channels setup for squads to use as well as stable and experimental channels. If you have any questions or concerns about the TS, just send me a PM on here.

Ammo and Weapons are definitely spawning at a lower rate at crash sites.   I've witnessed crash sites despawn on several occasions.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 2

After a a year gone dayz is still fun as ever....thanks devs!!!

• Like 2

Where are all the vehicles? At the beginning of 0.59 there were spawned vehicles everywhere. But now i miss them.

I found a few crash sites without any loot at all, but the same can be applied to police cars and boats. All dynamic events seem to have a chance to spawn without anything at all. Probably a bug.

That being said, I seem to have been very lucky with my crash sites. Especially the Mi-8.

Found 2 VSS and 1 SVD in only 2 crash sites. Even had a mag for the SVD where I found it. Didn't even need to go to a military area.

ab776f.jpg

Carrying a bit too much "rare" stuff I think.  :P  The VSS isn't that great, but since I'm not too much into pvp, I don't mind at all... I'd be happy running with only an engraved 1911.