boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

When running, right click mouse character runs on the spot. Is this known?

It's a known problem, however it only happens to me on slow/very full severs. You can work around by pressing + on the Numpad. Strangely that does the same (zoom), but doesn't end up in you running on the spot. Only happens in third person, as far as I can tell. 

---

Observation:

Cooking pots can go into tents, even with an inventory/something in them, but they can't go in barrels!

Question:

Are the ammo-boxes persistant? They look really cool when you spread them out inside the car tent and it's good to have some space for your ammos, but if they disappear at restarts or are on a timer, they are useless to me. I'd rather pick up some protective cases then, because in most backpacks you can put a 2x2 item next to them. These ammo boxes+persistant would be great. Anyone know?

Edited by S3V3N

Dayz developers really hate to share info , like the change-log that we still don't have for a whole week after the update .

• Like 1

So apparently Glock 19s and FN FALs are spawning now  B)

Damn - that's in stable 0.59? I've found 3 choppers so far and the best I got were some grenades, Aug and a 60 mag. Seems like a reason to go more to the airfield! I don't know what I want more, Glock or FAL. Great to know they are in - thanks!

One thing I just became aware of is that with new and more guns all the time, it will even take longer to get one assembled/complete than now and in the past. To me that is a good thing, as it forces people to make camps for storage. It also means you'll have to forage and travel more for your favorite weapon. However, if they spawn everything in the same place that purpose is defeated. I don't mind looking for stuff for a while, but hopefully when weapon wear is actually a thing, we'll have to keep foraging for those parts to maintain our weapons and perhaps even improve them.

---

Funny: the Dayz official "Message from the devs" lists almost exactly the same things as my earlier post - except they forgot the new character controller:

http://www.dayztv.com/post/dayz-messages-from-devs-dayz-reflects-on-the-past-looks-to-the-future/

Well, I'm wishing them luck getting to the beta, but that is a ton of functionality to be added in only 3-4 months. Can't believe we are actually seeing the beta next year! Mod support is what I'm really looking forward to the most! 

Edited by S3V3N

Sorry, quoted myself instead of editing message. delete pls.  

Edited by S3V3N

So the cars being completely broken im guessing is something everybody knew off all ready. Me and my friends had quite some frustration tryng to get one fixed but also a lot of fun:

For some reason i keep thinking that when this game is eventually finished i might actually miss moments like these :)

Edited by Exile1

"Are the ammo-boxes persistant?"

Last time I used tents yes they are persistent so are the yellow boxes. :)

But don't know about '59

• Like 1

Not sure if mentioned allready, but switching gears sounds way too far, much further than engines, my wild guess is that sound can go up to 300 meters.

Saved approx 30 mins yesterday to find camp by just listening which direction that "clonk" like sound came.

• Like 3

WOLObH7.jpg

XCprGLa.jpg

OMFG

You guys stayed up until like 5am my time looking for that thing?!

You're crazy but that's awesome.

:thumbsup: :beans:

• Like 4

Lada bugged out after server restart while parked next to a vehicle tent. Tried shooting it with bow and arrow, didn't work. Any advice on flipping cars over? Do they position right side up on server restarts?

Lada bugged out after server restart while parked next to a vehicle tent. Tried shooting it with bow and arrow, didn't work. Any advice on flipping cars over? Do they position right side up on server restarts?

Which arrows are you using? I don't know if this makes a difference but it may be worth trying the other kind. 

Yes, server restart will fix it, but you might have to remove the car tent. And the car will probably slide, too. I found one in its spawnpoint one day, on a wall the next and in a river after that. after each restart they seem to slide to the first obstacle and stay there, until the next; at least those without wheels do it. 

You can try luring a zombie to it, but it will only flip if you shoot it, while he is stuck on the car, not running against it. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Which arrows are you using? I don't know if this makes a difference but it may be worth trying the other kind. 

Used a Birch bow with composite arrows we found from a civilian house. I'll try the other arrows in the future. Thanks a bunch guys!

Used a Birch bow with composite arrows we found from a civilian house. I'll try the other arrows in the future. Thanks a bunch guys!

I don't think it matters. I rolled my own Lada and neither arrows would budge it. Even ramming it with a bus didn't move it.

What fixed this for me was relogging. I used the bus to roll it back after the relog. Didn't retry the bow because I had the bus but maybe a relog would do it?

• Like 1

Which specific items do you have in those slots?  Have you tried moving items to different hotbar locations, and seeing if it is the slot, or the item that is having the issue.  Personally, Mosins do not like to stay on my hotbar; both normal, and chopped-down Mosins never stay on my hotkeys after a logging.

Splitting axe (slot 4), compass (slot 8), rags (slot 9). I'll try moving things around to test your hypothesis.

For me, the items that lose their hot slot after relogging are scorpion mags (6), binoculars (7), and compasses (7. I am not strict on what my last slot if for).

Strangely though, counter to your items, the splitting axe (1) and rags (4) never lose their slots for me.

Edited by LucidHills

Does anybody know how to log in as admin on my dayz server, been trying for ages and can't seem to do it??

That truck is getting really on my nerves.. I had just brought the last missing pristine double-wheel it needed. Still missing a pristine front wheel i just had in a stucked bus. So we went to grab the wheel and when we come back,.. missing wheels and the ones remaining are all damaged... we left the truck for 7min30 sec.. server almost deserted..

That truck is getting really on my nerves.. I had just brought the last missing pristine double-wheel it needed. Still missing a pristine front wheel i just had in a stucked bus. So we went to grab the wheel and when we come back,.. missing wheels and the ones remaining are all damaged... we left the truck for 7min30 sec.. server almost deserted...

-snip-

Had something like this happen to me with a bus today. Came back after being away from it for about 15min on an empty server and all but one front wheel was gone. The remaining wheel was now damaged.

I thought it was probably a bug so I got in it and drove it. It drove like all the wheels were there and sure enough after a relog they were visible again. 

Edited by LucidHills

Is any one else loosing items in barrels. I placed 2 canteens in a barrel returned 30 mins later and they had gone.  And no I don't think some one stole them as there were only another 4 people on the server and there was some hi end loot in the barrel that was still there.  Also lost an AK74.  I thought some one might have taken it, but the ammo for it was still in the barrel.  So why not take the ammo for it?  If any one else has found this let me know as I will report it as a bug.  And no after loging back in the items ha dent returned as I know they con still be in a container but not visible.  This is not the case they have gone. 

Had something like this happen to me with a bus today. Came back after being away from it for about 15min on an empty server and all but one front wheel was gone. The remaining wheel was now damaged.

I thought it was probably a bug so I got in it and drove it. It drove like all the wheels were there and sure enough after a relog they were visible again. 

Yea i know about that but the wheels remained damaged and thery were Pristine.. Problem with truck is if the wheels arent pristine, you wont get really far. Plus the fact that you cant repair the truck wheels, it is a pita.

Does anybody know how to log in as admin on my dayz server, been trying for ages and can't seem to do it??

Open up this spoiler below for all the commands. These may not all work with DayZ Standalone but if memory serves me correctly to login as admin to your own server you do as follows:

1.) Be in Game

2.) Using in-game chat, type without quotes "#login password"  <<<< Whatever password you set when your first setup your server. 

You can also use RCON via DART ( https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/68933-dart-a-lightweight-dayz-and-arma-rcon-tool-v21-11102015/) to admin your server. I used to find this way much better than in game. 

Install and Configure » Define Commands

Back | Next

Define Commands

name  : The name you want to call your command!

group : The permission level needed to execute the command!

cmd     : The (Rcon command/Bec) Root command. arguments are not passed here!

time    : Leave empty except for ban commands!

text      : Reason for kick/ban commands. but also to set default values for maxping if no argument are given on the chat line!

desc  : Used to describe the command. will be used in the help system

When you create a name for your command. it should always start with a "key" character. let it be. !,  @, $ or Whatever suits you best.

Let it also be know that # is used by arma itself for the standard commands, and can not be use as a 1st character key sign

note: keep id=  in order for your "<command id=X>" block. else parsing the file will cause errors. first command starts with id="0"

Example

C:\ServerTools\Bec\Config\Commands.xml

List of Commands you are able to specify

General Arma Commands

* #Shutdown

* #Restart

* #Reassign

* #Lock

* #Unlock

* #Missions <- if you create and use this command. there should be a logged in admin, else you just get wait for host.

* #Mission

Be Commands

* Kick : Base command for kicking * Ban : Base command for banning * Banip : Base command for banning a ip * Maxping : Base command for setting maxping * Say : Base command to send a message

Special Bec Commands

* warn Will give a warning to a player. Ie. : !wrn foo * grant Grand a player tmp admin premissions * degrant Remove a tmp admin * help Will show basic info about commands * pinfo Will show info on a player you spesify * ainfo Will show admins online * makeroom Will kick N players based on join time, last joined gets kicked. Ie. : !mr 2 , Will kick the 2 last joiners * uptime Will Show server uptime * external Execute a external bat or cmd script * kid Will kick a player based on his BeId. Ie. : !kid 2 , will kick the player with id2 * bid Same as kid but will ban. with kid & bid you need to use #BE_client players to get the id's * loadadmins Will reloade the admin xml file * loadcommands Will reloade the command xml file

Commands that have no meaning and will be ignored if specified in the Commands.xml

* Players

* Bans

* Loadbans

* Writebans

* Addban

* Removeban

* Rconpassword

Bec uses some of these commands internally.

A Commands.Xml Example File

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

<!--

This file is only provided as an example file and might not sute your needs/demands/taste.

Web Doc : http://www.ibattle.org/install-and-configure/define-commands/

Define In-game Commands

name : The name you want to call your command!. DO NOT START YOUR NAME WITH #

group : The permission level needed to execute the command!

cmd : The Rcon command. Root command. arguments are not passed here!

time : leave empty except for ban commands!

text : Used as reason for kick/ban commands. but also to set default values for example maxping command!

desc : Used to describe the command. will be used in the help system

###############################################################################################################################

Note: Keep the id= in order for your "<command id=X>" block. else parsing the file will cause errors. 1st command starts with 0

Note: Do not start you command with # since its used by the game engine.

Note: Group number 100 is for public use. be careful.. all players may execute commands set to group 100.

Note: The text tag may be cut off if its too long. this is due to a limitation with Battleye.

###############################################################################################################################

Supported commands in the <cmd> </cmd> tag are:

########################

# Arma server commands

########################

#Missions

#Mission

#Reassign

#Restart

#Shutdown

#Lock

#Unlock

########################

# Be commands.

########################

kick

ban

maxping

say

########################

# Bec commands

########################

kid |___. same as kick and ban but. used beid insetead of names: !kid 0, !bid 3 , Use "#beclient players" to get hold of the Id. DO NOT USE "#USERLIST" thats a diffrent thing.

bid |

grant

degrant

warn

makeroom

help

pinfo

ainfo

uptime

external

loadadmins

loadcommands

-->

<BeCommands>    

<!--

Shutdown the server.

!cmdName : Instant shutdown.

!cmdName N : set a timer in seconds before shutdown,

!cmdName abort : abort current shutdown procedure.

!cmdName info : display how long left to shutdown.

Uses ArmA #shutdown command.

-->

<command id="0">

<name>!sht</name>

<group>1</group>

<cmd>#shutdown</cmd>

<time></time>

<text></text>

<desc>USAGE :: [!sht] or [!sht N] or [!sht info] or [!sht abort] :: INFO -> Shutdowns the dedicated arma server. use: !sht N, to set a timeout in Seconds before shutdown, !sht abort, to abort current shutdown, !sht info, to see how long left.</desc>

</command>

<!--

Open Mission selection meny.

Note:

An in-game ArmA Admin should be loged in before using this.

Executing this command without an admin logged in may resulting in getting stuck with a black load screen!.

Uses ArmA #missions command.

-->

<command id="1">

<name>!mis</name>

<group>1</group>

<cmd>#missions</cmd>

<time></time>

<text></text>

<desc>USAGE :: !mis :: INFO -> Show mission. Carefull with this command. an admin should be logged in with the arma interface. #login or gui if this is to be used</desc>

</command>    

<!--

Restart mission.

Players keeps the same slot as he/she had before the restart.

Uses ArmA #restart command.

-->

<command id="2">

<name>!res</name>

<group>4</group>

<cmd>#restart</cmd>

<time></time>

<text></text>

<desc>USAGE :: !res :: INFO -> Restart mission with current player slot selection</desc>

</command>    

<!--

ReAssing Player slots and restart the mission.

Players may not get same slots as they had.

Uses ArmA #reassign command.

-->

<command id="3">

<name>!rea</name>

<group>4</group>

<cmd>#reassign</cmd>

<time></time>

<text></text>

<desc>USAGE :: !rea :: INFO -> Restart the mission with new player slot selection</desc>

</command>        

<!--

Lock down the server, No more players will be able to join the server..

If your server is password protected. it will also prevent players knowing the password from connecting.

Uses ArmA #lock command.

-->

<command id="4">

<name>!lck</name>

<group>3</group>

<cmd>#lock</cmd>

<time></time>

<text></text>

<desc>USAGE :: !lck :: INFO -> Locks the server. No one will be able to join.</desc>

</command>    

<!--

Unlock the server. allow players to be able to connect again.

Uses ArmA #unlock command.    

-->

<command id="5">

<name>!ulck</name>

<group>3</group>

<cmd>#unlock</cmd>

<time></time>

<text></text>

<desc>USAGE :: !ulck :: INFO -> Unlocks the Server.</desc>

</command>

<!--

Change to a new mission.

You need to know the filename but exclude the pbo extension.

Example:

!cmdName abc.vr

!cmdName TestMission.Stratis

!cmdName co40_SomeGame.Altis

Uses ArmA #mission command.

-->

<command id="6">

<name>!cm</name>

<group>4</group>

<cmd>#mission</cmd>

<time></time>

<text></text>

<desc>USAGE :: !cm mission filename :: INFO -> Change Mission. you need to know the filename but exclude the pbo extension.</desc>

</command>

<!--

Change the maxping value.

Set the ping limit on the server. Players with a ping higher than the limit will be kicked off the server.

!cmdName : Will set what is defined in the <text> tag as the new maxping limit.

!cmdName N : Will set a new maxping limit to N milliseconds.

Uses BE maxping command.

-->

<command id="7">

<name>!mp</name>

<group>3</group>

<cmd>maxping</cmd>

<time></time>

<text>150</text>

<desc>USAGE :: [!mp] or [!mp N] :: INFO -> Set a maxping limit on the server. N is the value in milliseconds, default = 150</desc>

</command>        

<!--

Ban a player

The <time> tag defines how long the ban is last.

The time value is in minutes.

Value 0 is permanent ban

The <text> tag defines the ban reason

There are two special words that can be used in the <text> tag.

_name_ and,or _time_

if _name_ is used in the reason text, it will replace _name_ with the name of the admin who executed the command.

if _time_ is used in the reason text, it will replace _time_ with the date when the player can come back.

Uses BE ban command.

-->

<command id="8">

<name>!ban</name>

<group>0</group>

<cmd>ban</cmd>

<time>518400</time>

<text>You got a ban by : _name_ , come back _time_</text>

<desc>USAGE :: !ban name :: INFO -> Ban a player.</desc>

</command>    

<!--

Kick Command

The <text> tag defines the reason the player will be given.

Like the ban command, the kick support the _name_ place holder in the reason text.

Uses BE kick command.

-->

<command id="9">

<name>!kick</name>

<group>3</group>

<cmd>kick</cmd>

<time></time>

<text>Decision By Admin: _name_</text>

<desc>USAGE :: !kick name :: INFO -> Kick a player.</desc>

</command>

<!--

Special Custom Commands is used with #beclient players to get players id

This can be usefull if you need to kick example a russian named player. "if you dont know how to type in cyrillic"

Example: #beclient players ... !bid 15

bid and kid does not support the _name_ place holder

Uses BE ban or kick commands

-->

<!-- Ban based on BeId -->

<command id="10">

<name>!bid</name>

<group>0</group>

<cmd>bid</cmd>

<time>0</time>

<text>Admins Decision!</text>

<desc>USAGE :: !bid id :: INFO -> Kick a player based on the BEID. use #Beclient players to get the id.</desc>

</command>

<!-- Kick based on BeId -->

<command id="11">

<name>!kid</name>

<group>1</group>

<cmd>kid</cmd>

<time></time>

<text>Admins Decision!</text>

<desc>USAGE :: !kid id :: INFO -> Kick a player based on the BEID. use #Beclient players to find the id.</desc>        

</command>        

<!--

Give a warning to a player

The Warnings parameter in [Misc] section in Bec config file must be higher than 0 for this to have any effect.

-->

<command id="12">

<name>!warn</name>

<group>3</group>

<cmd>warn</cmd>

<time></time>

<text>This is a Warning given by admin: _name_</text>

<desc>USAGE :: !warn name :: INFO -> Send a warning to a player and increase the warn-counter.</desc>

</command>

<!--

Grant a player tmp admin permissions

The <text> tag defines the group level for the tmp admin.

Tmp admin's will be able to execute all commands in the group level you set him/her too.

-->

<command id="13">

<name>!ata</name>

<group>2</group>

<cmd>grant</cmd>

<time></time>

<text>4</text>

<desc>USAGE :: !ata name :: INFO -> Add a temporary admin into group 4.</desc>

</command>

<!-- Remove tmp admin permission -->

<command id="14">

<name>!rta</name>

<group>2</group>

<cmd>degrant</cmd>

<time></time>

<text></text>

<desc>USAGE :: !rta name :: INFO -> Remove temporary admin.</desc>        

</command>    

<!--

Make room for a other player, kick last player(s) based on connect time to the server.

Note:

Do not use this if you have restarted Bec during a server session / mission while there was player online.

Reason is that Bec will no longer have their correct connect time.

-->

<command id="15">

<name>!mr</name>

<group>2</group>

<cmd>makeroom</cmd>

<time></time>

<text>Making Room For Members</text>

<desc>USAGE :: !mr N :: INFO -> Kick N numbers of player based on join time. last joined players will get kicked.</desc>

</command>        

<!--

Show basic player info

Will send a private message back with info about the requested player such as:

Player: Name | Beid: N | Joined: 12:00:00 12.12 | Ip: 127.0.0.1 | Guid: 1234567898cb748f813a62af1e52579a

-->

<command id="16">

<name>!pinf</name>

<group>2</group>

<cmd>pinfo</cmd>

<time></time>

<text></text>

<desc>USAGE :: !pinf name :: INFO -> Show player info. Beid and join time.</desc>

</command>

<!--

Show admins online

Sends back a private message with a list of Bec admins online.

-->

<command id="17">

<name>!ainf</name>

<group>100</group>

<cmd>ainfo</cmd>

<time></time>

<text></text>

<desc>USAGE :: !ainf :: INFO -> Show Admins online.</desc>

</command>

<!--

Reload the admin file

If you have edited your admin file you can make Bec reload the data instead of restarting Bec.

-->

<command id="18">

<name>!raf</name>

<group>0</group>

<cmd>loadadmins</cmd>

<time></time>

<text></text>

<desc>USAGE :: !raf :: INFO -> Reloade the admin file.</desc>

</command>        

<!--

Reloade the command file

If you have edited your commands file you can make Bec reloade the data instead of restarting Bec.    

-->

<command id="19">

<name>!rcf</name>

<group>0</group>

<cmd>loadcommands</cmd>

<time></time>

<text></text>

<desc>USAGE :: !rcf :: INFO -> Reloade the command file.</desc>

</command>

<!--

Show the current server time.

This will show the local time on the server not the client time.

It can be useful for players to determine the time zone of the server.

The command will send back a private message to the player.

Server time : 02:41:51 18/12 - 2014

-->

<command id="20">

<name>!time</name>

<group>0</group>

<cmd>systime</cmd>

<time></time>

<text></text>

<desc>USAGE :: !time :: INFO -> Show server time.</desc>

</command>    

<!--

Show the server uptime

This will show how long the server has been running and when it was started (Local Server Time)

The command will send back a private message to the player.

Server Uptime : 8:21:34 ~ Started : 2014-12-17 18:28:32

-->

<command id="21">

<name>!uptime</name>

<group>100</group>

<cmd>uptime</cmd>

<time></time>

<text></text>

<desc>USAGE :: !uptime :: INFO -> Show Server Uptime.</desc>

</command>        

<!--

Show basic help

This will list up all commands the admin/player is allowed to execute.

If this is set to group 100 Normal players will be able to see all commands in group 100 ("Public commands")

-->

<command id="22">

<name>!help</name>

<group>100</group>

<cmd>help</cmd>

<time></time>

<text></text>

<desc>USAGE :: [!help] or [!help !command] :: INFO -> Use help to show available commands.</desc>

</command>    

<!--

Send a pre-defined text message to player(s)

Note about <time> tag.

If set to 1, it will send the message back as a private.

If you want it to be a global message for all players leave the tag empty.

-->

<!-- send a private message with basic info to the admin/player who executed the command -->

<command id="23">

<name>!info</name>

<group>100</group>

<cmd>say</cmd>

<time>1</time>

<text>Use !help to get help, visit our webpage for more info.</text>

<desc>USAGE :: !info :: INFO -> Send a private message with general info.</desc>

</command>    

<!-- group 5 admin may send a global message to all players. -->

<command id="24">

<name>!notify</name>

<group>5</group>

<cmd>say</cmd>

<time></time>

<text>The Server will be restart after this mission</text>

<desc>USAGE :: !notify :: INFO :: Sends global message to all player</desc>

</command>

<!--

External scripts

Note:

The 1st Argument Passed to a External script is always the Username "Hardcoded"

The 2nd,3rd,4th.. and so forth are separated by spaces.

-->

<command id="25">

<name>!math</name>

<group>2</group>

<cmd>external</cmd>

<time></time>

<text>Config\Script_Example.bat</text>

<desc>USAGE :: !math Int+Int :: INFO -> Do simple bat math!.</desc>

</command>    

</BeCommands>

Some Command can have spesial arguments in them and some you can set default value in.

With maxing you can set the default maxping in the text tag

<text>200</text>

So when using the command.

!mp it will automaticly set it to 200 ms.

its the same as typing 

!mp 200

Ban/Kick commands can have _time_ and,or _name_  in that text tag.

<time>10</time>

<text>You are banned until _time_</text>

So when you ban some one when using the _time_in the text tag, the banned player will get a ban message looking like this.

You are banned until 2012.05.30 18:30

In the <desc> tag you set help information for your commands.

!help !bpl

Bec will then send a private massage to the admin who requested help info about the command.

In this case it would send you this message