boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

So finally found the precious 1911 magazine.It spawned on a shelf inside the green houses you have to walk up the stairs to get into. I know people were looking high and low for them.This is only place i can confirm them spawning since this was the first one i found in the .59 update on exp and stable.

I got two of them, one from police station and one from crash site. 

Deal with it .jpg 

sfH4oCp.jpg

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 2

Crosshair gone for 1st person servers yay!!!

Edited by Wili

Played another 1hour session with Cold to just try to nail down the rest of the V3S so we stayed in a sub channel.

Still having problems.

Do you need 4 dual tires to drive properly in the V3S?

We stashed a truck with 3 wheels and a 4th wheel hasn't helped much to get it going.

We tried many wheel configs to no avail.

Now it could be that it's stuck where it was stashed, or it just needs 2 more dual tires....

I need to log out for a while but I think Cold will remain on the hunt.

>>EDIT<< Has anyone else's vehicle despawned? I just spent an hour looking for my car (again). There was like a 1° incline on the ground and the tent is surrounded by trees and rocks, yet somehow the car disappeared again. I can't believe it slid down there, but I also can't explain where it is. Had the car for three days now and while it was fun, it's been nothing but trouble finding it after restarts. Cars should not run off by themselves ;)

Did you leave the car for more than two days without driving it?  I'm starting t suspect that they have a despawn timer of some sort.

Why would useless Christmas crap be put in AFTER new years???

becuzz alfah

edit: as an afterthought, is this the first time we have seen the same iteration running parallel on stable and experiemental servers? Seems quite odd to me.  I would have been quite happy for the devs to just skip all the Christmas content for .60, and get a working .59 stable branch to play on.

Edited by emuthreat

Composite arrows now drop like rocks. Checked for change, seems they altered the usual system, looks like initspeed is no longer listed in CfgMagazines (?).

• Like 1

Composite arrows now drop like rocks. Checked for change, seems they altered the usual system, looks like initspeed is no longer listed in CfgMagazines (?).

Hm. They put the muzzle velocity in CfgAmmo. I don't like that, all weapons using a given ammunition will now fire their bullets at the same speed, before they could at least give different speeds for each mag type, for example, Longhorn vs Winchester, PM73 vs Makarov, Repeater vs Magnum (which was not the case, but which could have been done). But I assume each weapon will eventually get its own velocity modifier which would be a better solution.

• Like 1

Decided to kick around on Stable again, and with a bunch of ammo for my pistol I decided to pop a few infected while kicking around Cherno in a low pop server....

Oops! Hehehe..

But now I am stuck in  a building with a dozen of the buggers outside.

I tried opening the door and taking down a few at a time but it seems like they just replenish their numbers.

Two questions...

Does the number of aggro infected eventually drop as they get taken out, or do they respawn continuously until I clear the area?

Do doors now have damage? I shot through the door and it seemed like they started to break apart.

I might just run my ass off, but I was going to try to stick it out at least until I run out of ammo.

Thanks all.

wow, these vehicles have never disgusted me more, I dont even want to play until they fix the physics... I hope experimental branch produces results before xmas otherwise i will not be playing until then, the manual transmission is totally powerless and does not act like its real life counter part, i was stuck in between countless small hills today and theres no way to "gain momentum" when youre creviced perfectly in between two tiny little slopes. This is just reaaalllly unenjoyable driving a car around unless you schmuck around the shore all the time.. Too frustrating to play when my sole focus is creating a camp with vehicles, I have to stop until the vehicles are fixed or i will go crazy fucking mad.

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 3

Fixed a bus crashed it in dubkrovka. Got a hatchback wheels kept glithing in the ground and crashed took a while to repair it's just in the middle of the road next to a sedan in rogovo good day I'm hoping the hot fix will this and that the building that is open able but like lifted up the ground and you cannot go inside.

Gews said:

(Hm. They put the muzzle velocity in CfgAmmo. I don't like that, all weapons using a given ammunition will now fire their bullets at the same speed, before they could at least give different speeds for each mag type, for example, Longhorn vs Winchester, PM73 vs Makarov, Repeater vs Magnum (which was not the case, but which could have been done). But I assume each weapon will eventually get its own velocity modifier which would be a better solution.)

I see the logic behind this decision, as the ammunition is going to have a constant velocity so why not simplify the code.

Variances due to barrel length, twists,or due to gas loss from weapon cycling might be considerations but that kind of fine detail is probably not something they are worried about right now.

Just my thoughts. (I was reloading my own .308, .357, and 375, and while different firearms have their particular nuances for delivering the projectile to the muzzle they all rely on the same powder load and bullet weight.) The .308 and .357 cartridges both performed fairly evenly as far as trap speed at 100M when fired from rifles and pistols. The gas-operated weapons do indeed "slow" the FPS down but not enough to require another .CFG entry in DayZ...methinks.

Gews said:

(Hm. They put the muzzle velocity in CfgAmmo. I don't like that, all weapons using a given ammunition will now fire their bullets at the same speed, before they could at least give different speeds for each mag type, for example, Longhorn vs Winchester, PM73 vs Makarov, Repeater vs Magnum (which was not the case, but which could have been done). But I assume each weapon will eventually get its own velocity modifier which would be a better solution.)

I see the logic behind this decision, as the ammunition is going to have a constant velocity so why not simplify the code.

Variances due to barrel length, twists,or due to gas loss from weapon cycling might be considerations but that kind of fine detail is probably not something they are worried about right now.

Just my thoughts. (I was reloading my own .308, .357, and 375, and while different firearms have their particular nuances for delivering the projectile to the muzzle they all rely on the same powder load and bullet weight.) The .308 and .357 cartridges both performed fairly evenly as far as trap speed at 100M when fired from rifles and pistols. The gas-operated weapons do indeed "slow" the FPS down but not enough to require another .CFG entry in DayZ...methinks.

It's not simplifying anything IMO, just changing where it's put. CfgAmmo gained this while CfgMagazines lost it. I wonder if it's related to new hot bar reloading or some other upcoming change. I suspect this may be something where they have to "take a step back to move forward". The barrel length will have a difference up to 50% in some weapons and I see no reason why standalone would be less flexible and correct than ARMA 2, whereas many things have been made more complicated/advanced. I think they'll correct it at some point.

• Like 1

lol vehicles are hilarious.  I ran into an offroad vehiclejust outside of pusta, and as soon as I interacted with it (removed a wheel) it started sliding.  and kept going.  and going.

*waves to it as it goes over the horizon*

I decided to go after it, and guess where it stopped.  ELEKTRO POWER STATION.  LMAO.  I've been coming across a lot of cars there, and I thought they spawned there.  NO.  they spawn in pusta and SLIDE to elektro.

:D

omgsobroken

• Like 4

Yup.

That slide was well documented by emuthreat and I.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I do not find this stable release to be "more playable" relative to past stable releases.

I thought this was the reason behind longer time between updates.

The current hotfix is borked after 10 hours (possibly by a battleeye related error) and does not seem to be improved from the stable much if at all.

I am glad the team will continue to work into the new year as this patch is lacking greatly in the quality department and plays much like I expect an experimental build to play.

• Like 1

Did you leave the car for more than two days without driving it?  I'm starting t suspect that they have a despawn timer of some sort.

No it disappeared after I logged off. Same thing happened with a V3S that had all its back tires damaged. Gone after restart though fully repaired and driveable. The double tires got damaged, while driving over a tiny bridge. The hatchback was all pristine though. 

Edited by S3V3N

I am happy with the update. No, i am VERY happy with it. I hated the Exp. 0.59 that hard i stopped using it around Update 4. It was so frustrating with all the handling bugs, lags, desync and so on. Now the stable is so much better and after all absolutely enjoyable.

#####

Cars tend to slide a bit, yes. But its only the case if you leave them as it looks to me. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I had it also staying at its point only turned 90° (after server restarts?) over night. While interacting with them they made no problems. Of course they hop a little bit if you put a tire on them. But, hey, how is it if you put them down from a jack in real?

We now own 2 Offroad hatchbacks ready to drive. :) Its very much fun and altough it is a bit laggy with 2 passengers in the cabin there are no fundamental problems to use them. Body parts seem to be very rare, but hey.

#####

What i would like to see fixed next is the "stupid" weapon (or item) behavior when changing between shoulder-weapons and backpack/clothing-weapons.

Example1: I have a RAK (taken from the backpack) in my hands and want to take the SKS from my back: He drops the RAK on the ground instead of packing it back in the backpack (Even if there is no place for it because i have picked up a item to the original place of the RAK he should simply don't take the other gun from the back and give me a status sentence like "I don't find a place in my inventar for the thing in my hands." instead of droping the gun so i will not find them ever again in the gras.

Example2: I have a RAK (taken from the backpack) in my hands and want to take the SKS from my back: He puts the RAK on the shoulder instead of packing it back in the backpack. Here i could live with it if there is no place in the backpack any more but not if that isn't the case. And he did it in that way (changing the weapons places instead of pack the RAK to the backpack).

There should be a logic behind the handling. Of course the last/no option for me is droping a weapon (or any thing) on the ground. And only one level over it is packing it anywhere it wasn't placed before. So priorities should be:

1. Put it where it was.

2. Put it anywhere if there is no place for it at its origin.

3. Say "I don't find a place in my inventar for the thing in my hands.".

#####

My friend has now (new to him) FPS-drops to 3 FPS from time to time which I had in former versions and I don't have now. Maybe nvidia users are now the victims after AMD users (like me) were it in the past. :D

#####

Thats it, i think. The rest is absolutely ok. Of course alpha, not optimized, many things not included and so on. But its playable without many rage attacks, you can see improvements everywhere and it is fun to play.

0.59 rocks! :thumbsup:

Edited by Algano
  • Like 2

Cars tend to slide a bit, yes. But its only the case if you leave them as it looks to me. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I had it also staying at its point only turned 90° (after server restarts?) over night. While interacting with them they made no problems. Of course they hop a little bit if you put a tire on them. But, hey, how is it if you put them down from a jack in real?

Let us know where you found your cars today after logging on. If you have them for more than a few hours, you'll find they develop a life of their own and don't only "slide a bit", but several hundred meters, right down into town or against walls/trees that finally get them stuck. The sliding is more than a small issue, as you basically can't make vehicle camp outside of completely flat ground or on a foundation of another building (e.g. barn). If anything needs a hotfix, it is this. The backpack weapon bug is mildly annoying, in comparison. 

0.59 fact: Wheels that are put on the ground even survive a server restart. They seem to be completely persistent once picked up and placed. So there is no need (for now) to crowd up your tents/barrels with them.

Edited by S3V3N

Seems like a lot of anger over literally the first stable iteration of 3 new vehicles and a new driving mechanic being introduced. Personally, I am liking this patch a lot. I had good fun goofing around with the first car I got my hands on, even though it ended up getting crashed. And guess what? The 3 passengers in my sedan saw the same thing as I did! Since when has THAT been a thing? The desynch between passenger/driver in vehicles has improved tenfold/ Yes, other bugs have sprung up, but I think it's good to give credit where it's due.

Also, I can say that you can take at least 7 shots from an mp5 without taking any damage while holding up a double bus tire. This contradicts what WOBO said on his latest video, but I had my friend shoot me and I didn't take damage through all the shots he put into the tire until I got nervous and told him to stop.

Also, are SKS and Mosin clips useless now? With the newui's hotbar loading system you can not only reload the gun as easily as you would with a clip, but you can also reload while the gun is not completely empty (yay!) Of course magazines will always have use, but this makes me wonder what function clips will serve going forward.

Seems like a lot of anger over literally the first stable iteration of 3 new vehicles and a new driving mechanic being introduced. 

It's not anger, it's the short-sightedness of the devs that ends in frustration for the player.

Example: you can't craft double tires for the V3S, yet almost all the ones you find are damaged. And the damaged double tires (all double tires!) you cannot repair with tire repair kits...

Solution: Spawn all double wheels pristine, until the issue is resolved

Example: cars can be flipped if you shoot zombies off the roof

Solution: Introduce flipping mechanic now (copy/paste from ARMA), add carjack model later

These are things the devs would have noticed and should have noticed when they were creating this version over the course of three months. So I think some frustration is in place. Even now, these issues, e.g. with the tires could be easily fixed by changing a few parameters and just spawning pristine tires for now. The devs pay too little attention to these things and that needed to be adressed somewhere. All of this frustration could have easily been avoided - that is the point. The sliding I guess, is a bigger problem and can't be worked around, but many things can.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Let us know where you found your cars today after logging on. If you have them for more than a few hours, you'll find they develop a life of their own and don't only "slide a bit", but several hundred meters, right down into town or against walls/trees that finally get them stuck. The sliding is more than a small issue, as you basically can't make vehicle camp outside of completely flat ground or on a foundation of another building (e.g. barn).

Altough it is not from yesterday to today: I found my car yesterday 20:00 after leaving it alone on the day before at 18:00 (therefore 26h later) at the exact same position (90° turned as mentioned). Of course it was a relativ flat area. But up at a hill. And i found a second car staying at a hillside between bushes (not stuck) as the former owner has likely placed it. So they stay where they are placed. Maybe not every time. Maybe it is related to flat ground (but at the top of a hill it is never really completely flat and the second one stayed in the bushes at the hillside for an hour (i had to find a battery the owner wisely removed) as well) or a gear layed in when the engine turned off. while the engine is on it matters for sure. With N you slide/roll down. Or something else I don't know. Today I will check it again and will report it here for 2 cars then.

Edited by Algano

A lot of talk about vehicles and such but I'm surprised at the lack of a discussion about the changes made to the upper area of berenzino(I did do some browsing and such with no results, so to all those who hate regurgitated info I do apologize). Maybe they changed it in .58, haven't been up there in awhile but as a fresh spawn I started near a new junkyard south of town along the coast and made my way up to the hospital.

Boy was I shocked when I stumbled across that new checkpoint. The whole area is chock full of the greatness of wrecked cars, just really like the feel to it now. And oh man was I surprised at what I saw on my way down to the large highschool. The whole area feels vastly improved and gives a much better apocalyptic suburban vibe.

I just died on an empty server. I was the only player. I've been binging a bit on a 1PP server that. at this time of day, has left me with a playspace all to myself. 

All I did was walk into the train depot building just South of Vavilovo.

Had my character reseted yesterday, what a bummer..had some issue as a passenger of an offroad. Eno would drive around but all i was seeing was us standing in the car there but he assured me he was driving. When he would stop i see we get teleported to destination. On our gameserver server we still get disconnection, all server get kicked by battleye.

We had a barell in the offroad, Eno unloaded it and mentionned having the barrel appear /disapeared on the ground. I was seeing it fine until i picked it up and moved it. When i dropped it i had the same issue. It would appear/disappear depending on angle i was looking at it. Could not interact with it too afterward.

Edited by DaveB