boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

Went to NWAF with my BOIZ and we straight blap blap blapped a few people up there. 4 of my squadmates died but I managed to slither away like a snail in the night. We tried out the new car, crashed and ruined it in a couple of hours. Friend threatened to kill me when I asked if he was *sure* he didn't tap the steering wheel. Threw multiple Frag grenades at the car just to have the doors pop off. Woohoo!

I hope the Kashtan scope gets a hotfix. Rather than being left unusable till next update 3 years months from now. 

Perhaps something is wrong with your internet, or too many people are on one line? I just played for 4 consecutive hours and didn't ever drop out of the server or had any lag problems. The stable server is actually smoother than the experimental was for me. I'm also from Germany ;)

No i keep getting kicked by admins. Also quite lot of "Join = Kick" servers this patch.

... zombies frozen in stride in binoc view... . 

Were you more than 500 m away from them? In previous patches zeds only started moving when a player was within 500m so if they were stationary it meant no one was close to them. It's a way of saving resources otherwise you'll have all the zombies on the map always moving around.

Was fun playing again yesterday. Started at the WOBO community server and found some winchester rounds and found a longhorn. I never do this but I had to do it to test my aim, etc.

At Prigorodki I placed myself on an hill and waited. After 15 minutes or so I saw a player, waited a bit and started shooting at him. I don't know why but he only kept running circles in the field and after 3 or 4 shots he fell like a sack of sandbags.

Sorry to the person, I normally don't do these things. :P

After that I decided to search for an empty server to shoot some infected at Cherno.

I played on 2 servers where I went from Balota to Pavlovo.

Apparently loot cycling is still a thing which I reported on the 0.59 experimental topic.

If one loots a building, loot immediately spawns again.

I also had some other problems with the new ui. The server list doesn't show all info and you need to click on details to see the correct info.

Also when I disconnect it says "No stats connected..." or something and I need to restart the game. I don't mind but people on Steam will see me startup DayZ a lot which can be annoying.

I still have a blue background at the menu so I can't change my character and it looks like I always have a random character which is annoying.

And sometimes when you first join a server you join in naked and need to reconnect to see you gear. This is especially annoying with the game restart bug when disconnecting from a server.

However, I had a lot of fun because it had been a while since I last played. I might join the guys on TheRiddler's TeamSpeak server sometime. :)

I believe he meant you cannot stick a pot inside a protector case / ammo can.

I guess the problem is still in where you can't stick barrels into trees to hide them and be able to access them. Haven't been keeping up with the forums a lot since I haven't been playing and didn't want to sort through 100's of pages from exp heh.

Indeed, it was a bug which I reported as far as I know.

I tried putting a full cooking pot in a barrel which didn't work.

No idea if this is fixed though.

Awesome indeed, spent 2 hours of reparing transit bus and lada niva, after repairing the bus, it was ***king twice that the wheels just dissapeared... repaired again, drove around 500m and again wheel was gone... Then i found lada niva, repaired all the wheels and tried to drive it, after 5 meters i realised i cant steer, so the car just went straight coool !!! got of the car and again, wheel dissapeared...

Thats all about my experience with 0.59, thank you ill try the game after next 3 months... when maybe finally the 0.59.1 will be released to experimental

Let me give you some advice: come back when the game is released. If you can't handle the (game breaking) bugs of alpha and beta then DayZ in it's current state is not meant for you.

I just checked, my character was unaffected, inventory, location and camp are still right there. Maybe some servers aren't connected to the hive?

I had fun last night

Logged into Riddler's TS and met ColdAtrophy, Biohaze and emuthreat, although we were playing on completely different and 3PP server

It's always great to put a voice to a name, I'll definitely get a 1PP character going now, hopefully today

Dudester showed up in TS shortly after on the 3PP server and we had a night of Lada rock'n'roll.

We also drove a bus way up to beyond Sinistok, which was a slow uphill battle, literally,

I might try to make a camp out of it up in the northwest, if I can get it out there.

Racing around Chernarus in the Lada was fun,

we took it on a few heli routes while trying to avoid hitting tree stumps, rock walls and those plant trellises.

Dudester tried to drive it through the two story barn but the set of half-closed doors stopped our progress inside,

of course a military zed showed up jammed us up even more, but we managed to dig the lada out of there too.

That poor offroader was crashed, flipped, rolled and was brought to the brink of destruction about 10 times over

we did a ton of repairs on it, removing wheels and putting them back on, mostly.

Dudester drove through a few cows trying to run them over but it seems they aren't physically effected by the car,

Tatanko came in as we were racing around on the NW air strip and then we picked him up and went on another joyride.

We came across a boar which Dudester tried to turn into roadkill,

but we had to stop, jump out of the car and aim down on the moving target racing downhill and into the woods,

btw, another nice shot Tatanko :P

I would definitely suggest getting out of the cars at regular intervals and walking around.

It moves so fast and you can cover so much ground that if you happen to be driving during a server restart

you could have a very long walk ahead of you to get back to the car.

Listening and talking to the guys on Riddler's TS was definitely fun and had sort of had a parallel universe type of feel to it,

since we were on different servers and having similar frustrations and experiences with this build.

There was a lot of "oh yeah, we're getting that glitch too" that helps confirm some of the stuff we're not always certain of.

So thanks again to Riddler for making his TS open to us all here and not to forget Boneboys also for making that suggestion back in the exp thread

I'd say it's working out pretty good :thumbsup:

I guess I will hop on the TS server as well then sometime. Still, a problem for me are the different timezones. :P

I think hunting is going to be my "thing" in 0.59 again. I really enjoyed tracking down animals on 0.57, and now that we've got our variety back I've been loving it. Those sprinting animals are more of a challenge than humans much of the time :lol: Hope to be rocking a boar pelt backpack on the regular, too.

How many animals are there at the moment?

I still remember back when we were making the big camp near the apartment building I shot a running deer with 1 shot with a Mosin. Not sure if it was luck or just skill. :lol:

I had problems with duplicating items. Found 1911 mag, and while trying to load it in pistol it created 3 more copies. Off course you don't know which one is real. Then I created another jerry can after I refueled the car. I can live with that, but things like that turn away all my friends and I don't have any one to play with.

When I read your first line I actually thought you were trying to duplicate, failed and reported it here. :lol:

Thanks for the offer, but I'm actually interested in only what happens when you get a random bloodbag (not your type, not from universal donor). In theory the person should die. I wonder if different bloodtypes and getting sick/dead from transfusion is actually a thing,yet. I'm gonna get more into the medical equipment and try out what each thing does. What does a defibrillator do, e.g. when you use it on someone who isn't unconscious or just died. What do we acually need these vials for that you can use with a syringe? Yesterday I ate an 8 pack of antibiotics. Not sure what that does, either ^^

This stable is still quite "experimental" to me. I read about a lot of these items on the Wiki when I started playing, but since I never used any of it, I forgot.The only medicine I used successfully are charcoal tabs. Now it seems you can actually get sick faster and we definitely eat and drink more often than a few patches ago. I just wanna get into all the medical stuff and see if it's worth using some more often. I'd also dig it if you could knock out infected, tie them up and steal their blood for sneaky transfusions ^^ Then you could just watch as the other person starts losing control and you could possibly handcuff him somewhere or to someone else that you kocked out. Why can't we handcuff people to stuff? That's something I really would like!

Your friend is wrong. It only works on the ground. About the status not changing - as soon as I pick up the wheel after using the kit it says "pristine". It just doesn't change status as long as it's sitting on the ground; you have to move it. Once you know, you don't even check any more.

When you receive a blood donation from the wrong type you will go unconscious or die. Can't remember which one but a early video of Frankie shows that he goes unconscious/dies because he received the wrong blood type. Edited by IMT
  • Like 6

How many animals are there at the moment?

Not as many as I would like, but way more than the random herds we saw in 0.58. There are individual boars, foxes, etc. running around again which is great.

• Like 1

I still have a blue background at the menu so I can't change my character and it looks like I always have a random character which is annoying.

And sometimes when you first join a server you join in naked and need to reconnect to see you gear. This is especially annoying with the game restart bug when disconnecting from a server.

I had the same issue many times when the patch went stable. Do you still use exp in the DayZ steam settings?

I changed it from exp to stable and never spawned naked again. Also, my toon is now like I selected it in the main menu.

Maybe that helps?!

My result:

Well, you didn't drive it first and then got it flipped by a zombie, breaking all physics in the process. My car was a brick on the road and nothing but a restart could turn it. I find it pretty hilarious though that this bug with the bow is there. Another nice find!

But seriously. The devs manage to think about all kinds of damage state systems and even a fluid system for the car, but they never thought: "oh hey, what if someone flips their car(or gets it flipped by zombies dancing on the roof?)" It's not like it's a difficult thing to code a vehicle flipping action into the game, hell they could probably copy-paste it from Arma...

-> lesson learned: don't shoot zombies stuck on your car. just drive away...

When a game is still in early development you should try to accomodate the players, who are testing it. In ARK, for example, the devs didn't incorporate fall damage to Dinos for a long time, because the dinos couldn't run backwards at first and people couldn't judge the fall damage right. After the dinos were fixed and felt complete, fall damage was in the game and forced us to take different routes from before. It is always smart to make things that obviously require fixing as little an issue as possible for the testers. The people who are playtesting your game can concentrate on the core mechanics that way, instead of wasting their time trying to make an unfinished and still buggy mechanic work. And when a mechanic is done and sound, you simply remove the helpers you installed. Though in the case of cars, we need a winch and a carjack on the long run anyway, so these features could become permanent.

Has anyone noticed the Dayz logo doesn't show up on startup any more when you use NewUI? Bring it back, please!

>>EDIT<< Has anyone else's vehicle despawned? I just spent an hour looking for my car (again). There was like a 1° incline on the ground and the tent is surrounded by trees and rocks, yet somehow the car disappeared again. I can't believe it slid down there, but I also can't explain where it is. Had the car for three days now and while it was fun, it's been nothing but trouble finding it after restarts. Cars should not run off by themselves ;)

Edited by S3V3N

I just checked, my character was unaffected, inventory, location and camp are still right there. Maybe some servers aren't connected to the hive?

I had fun last night

Logged into Riddler's TS and met ColdAtrophy, Biohaze and emuthreat, although we were playing on completely different and 3PP server

It's always great to put a voice to a name, I'll definitely get a 1PP character going now, hopefully today

Dudester showed up in TS shortly after on the 3PP server and we had a night of Lada rock'n'roll.

We also drove a bus way up to beyond Sinistok, which was a slow uphill battle, literally,

I might try to make a camp out of it up in the northwest, if I can get it out there.

Racing around Chernarus in the Lada was fun,

we took it on a few heli routes while trying to avoid hitting tree stumps, rock walls and those plant trellises.

Dudester tried to drive it through the two story barn but the set of half-closed doors stopped our progress inside,

of course a military zed showed up jammed us up even more, but we managed to dig the lada out of there too.

That poor offroader was crashed, flipped, rolled and was brought to the brink of destruction about 10 times over

we did a ton of repairs on it, removing wheels and putting them back on, mostly.

Dudester drove through a few cows trying to run them over but it seems they aren't physically effected by the car,

Tatanko came in as we were racing around on the NW air strip and then we picked him up and went on another joyride.

We came across a boar which Dudester tried to turn into roadkill,

but we had to stop, jump out of the car and aim down on the moving target racing downhill and into the woods,

btw, another nice shot Tatanko  :P  

I would definitely suggest getting out of the cars at regular intervals and walking around.

It moves so fast and you can cover so much ground that if you happen to be driving during a server restart

you could have a very long walk ahead of you to get back to the car.

Listening and talking to the guys on Riddler's TS was definitely fun and had sort of had a parallel universe type of feel to it,

since we were on different servers and having similar frustrations and experiences with this build.

There was a lot of "oh yeah, we're getting that glitch too" that helps confirm some of the stuff we're not always certain of.

So thanks again to Riddler for making his TS open to us all here and not to forget Boneboys also for making that suggestion back in the exp thread

I'd say it's working out pretty good  :thumbsup:

So glad you guys are having fun and finding the TS useful for reporting info based on this build.

I'm glad to have played a bit last week with all of you (except Gary and Tatanko). Was able to start up a 3PP character yesterday with the help of a few regulars on the TS and made my way up north. They were so kind to have gathered a bunch of car parts for me so now all I need to do is find a vehicle and outfit it with all its parts. I really enjoy being the driver/mechanic and I know Brooks does as well. Be more than happy anytime to help get a vehicle up and running with you guys. 

Saw a few Aussies on yesterday morning as well. Anybody playing stable and reading this, feel free to use the TS. If you can't get in for some reason based on the url its tied to, just PM me and I'll get you the IP. If we continue to get a lot of people on the TS I can setup sub-channels if people need some privacy and/or quiet while playing.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

BoneBoys - Thanks again for you post in Exp. Its been great to see a lot of us come together.  :beans:  :beans:

Edited by The Riddler
  • Like 5

Only thoughts so far, highly dissapointed that when you kill multiple zombies in front of a door that you STILL get stuck inside the building for X reasons... Apart from that, the patch seems to run smooth so far... But that getting trapped in a building because of the zombies corpses is quite annoying ! I just hope it will get fixed soon enough along with the other annoying bug the : Error Device Failed 8876086c every single time im' trying to minimize that game ! 

So glad you guys are having fun and finding the TS useful for reporting info based on this build.

If we continue to get a lot of people on the TS I can setup sub-channels if people need some privacy and/or quiet while playing.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

There seems to be a loose maximum of how many people can be in a room at the same time before the conversation becomes muddy. I love talking to you all, but it can be hard to follow when we're on several different servers and talking over each other :P A few more rooms for peak times might help. Thanks for the use of your server  :)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

What is this craziness?!?!

• Like 2

Eugen, just wants to test out his new mouse and keyboard again....

• Like 1

It's probably just the player position glitch they wanted to fix, but didn't yet (wrote about it in one of my earlier posts). I think the devs are aware of how necessary that fix is along with stopping the vehicles from sliding everywhere. 

• Like 1

And why is this in a stable branch topic ? 

Because there is no Experimental topic, and it doesn't really belong anywhere else. Announcements about Experimental prior to release ALWAYS get posted in here. Always.

It also seems pretty likely that it's a hotfix for 0.59, so I'd say it's very relevant.

It's probably just the player position glitch they wanted to fix, but didn't yet (wrote about it in one of my earlier posts). I think the devs are aware of how necessary that fix is along with stopping the vehicles from sliding everywhere. 

Probably a hotfix, like you said. Experimental crew assemble!

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 5

Yup, more or less confirmed that it's a hotfix. Three "TEST" servers up running 0.59.130919  B)

• Like 1

Can anyone help. I've bought a server from vilayer. The servers saying active on the website but I can't seem to find it on dayz. Does it take time to go live or is there something I need to do. Cheers

If you pm me, I'll check and see what the deal is.

I have a suggestion for better tent distribution. So this post is probably gonna get moved to suggestions, where nobody reads it... Can some tents spawn in the supermarkets, please? Maybe it could even be a different kind of tent, like a children's tent made from cheap, glossy plastic and painted with cartoons on them. With less storage to them, too. At the moment you find camps all around the tent spawns, whereas with a better distribution we would make and find bases everywhere + it would give supermarkets a reason of existence again. It could even be done in the form of magazines/journals that come with a gadget. So if you unwrap them, you'd have a  10% chance of finding a children's tent inside; maybe add a cartoon to the magazine, so you can read it, too.

We have a popular children's magazine in Germany, called YPS, which always comes with a gadget. E.g. in the form of survival handbook + instant soup, solar barbecue, or the infamous adventure tent. 

http://www.ypsfanpage.de/hefte/gross/yps0454.jpg

http://www.ypsfanpage.de/hefte/gross/yps0711.jpg

http://www.ypsfanpage.de/hefte/gross/yps1016.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE5MVg4ODQ=/z/hx0AAOSw7ThUg34j/$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

I think it would be sweet to have a couple of different magazines like this lying around in the stalls/kiosk and the supermarket. Not too many, but a small amount to help you get set up. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 4

I would fill up those experimental servers if thej were a fix to this damn vehicle madness ! Not even trucks (good ol' v3s) is immune to the bad physics of the others , it can't do curbs !

• Like 2

I would fill up those experimental servers if thej were a fix to this damn vehicle madness ! Not even trucks (good ol' v3s) is immune to the bad physics of the others , it can't do curbs !

Yeah, I'm out of steam and won't go fixing any more vehicles on stable for now. I've had more fun on the experimental servers, god alone knows why. On stable I'm just killing a lot more. Got a guy with an AKM with barrel mag and and AKS-U today. I've made three camps and they all look like this and worse:

2015-12-14_00030_zpso0xy88fb.jpg

The AKS-U has become my favorite weapon now. It's perfect for my midrange to close quarter combat style + it fits into a backpack and fires high caliber rounds. And there is more ammo for it than for anything else, plus nice people keep dropping more magazines when they die. I'm just getting a bit bored with everybody shooting at me and me shooting everything, too. I think even on experimental I would have shot a guy carrying an AKM with mag on sight, but I don't enjoy the manslaughter and the lack of communication on the stable servers as much as I did the tomfoolery on experimental. 

I'm just singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" on stable after each kill.  

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1