boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

Had a good run, mostly with Biohaze and Cold Atrophy.  I did manage to get to Dudester and bring him well-inland to start off his 1pp character, before calling it a night.  Also got a new barrel and a spare off-road tire stashed at the giving trees.  I was gonna farm for the group, but no seeds could be found, and my eyes were starting to bleed by this point from all the driving.

Biohaze pretty-well summed up the adventures, except for the part about me running of a roof. :P   Bio and Cold had an issue with their vehicle in Balota, Brooks had a bus go all funny somewhere up north, and I desynced down the block apartment steps at Chapavesk and glitched into the porch for a standard DayZ moment; this all happened near simultaneously in what felt like a wave of bad juju.

I have a video of an anomaly with the new gas mask from where I returned to my body from a ladder mishap at the flat brick building at the power plant.  Thank's for saving my gear, guys.

And there is also a kinda long video of the hatchback sliding down from Pusta.  I know, I called it Msta like five times, but it was the one from the south end of Pusta; below the hunting platform.  It's pretty interesting to see how that little fella gets all the way down to the power plant.  Feel free to submit the related bug report; I gotta work tomorrow, and I'm already overdoing it a bit by trying to publish this tonight.  Sorry for the dark video, I don't cheat my gamma.

Lastly, I will stop to appreciate the small things; to offset the enormous amount of bullshit involved in keeping multiple vehicles in working order.  (Chinese fire drills get old really fast)

We could not get anyone into the co-driver's seat, but at least the front seat has a nifty folding forward animation so you can fill up the back seats first.  maybe with four people, someone can finally sit up front.  Enjoy the smooth action of that seat.

Sorry to leave you back in Gorka, Cold.  I left that hatchback about 350 meters NE from the trees with all the barrels. 

edit:  Don't forget about that sedan that we couldn't push off of the fence in that field; I almost did. ^_^

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 8

Not bad after being  gone for a while.......it's running smoother, no errors, less buggy. I saw the hatchback but left it cause I was still a freshy.....Saw some of the new items. I had a good time running around on my own, I still have my dayz skills, did not die. Pretty much I can't say after playing it for a few hours some has changed, although zombie AI changed allot for the better and I only played just a few hours, so what do I know.

It seems much more stable that's for sure. GOOD!

Edited by CJFlint

Was playing on a low-pop (3 players including me) because I wanted an official server to setup base in. Was running from NWAF to Vybor city and saw one of the other 2 running literally 50 meters ahead of me in the same direction. I froze up, amazed he did not see me. Now nervous about looting the city, I snuck around to the gas station where I saw the 2 other players standing in the middle of the road exchanging items. I figured it I shot them both, I would get all of the NW to myself. So, I shot one of them and they dropped dead. The other, understandably, ran off quicker than the time it took for my bullet to reach his friend. I tried to shoot him, too, but while finding a flank I was flanked by a zombie. 

Couldn't find the guy, though he stayed on the server over an hour after his friend died. Probably looking for me. Spent the rest of the night in paranoid anguish over killing one of them, finding my way to my base site. Gosh, sometimes murder isn't all it's cracked up to be. LOL.

That hatchback from Pusta must be bugged on all servers. We found it on the road near apple trees south of pusta, and it changed position 4 times until it stopped near red roof barn near power plant. We logged off, and maybe it went even further after that.

Anyone else gets spawned as default on all gamservers.com servers ? 

Edited by General Zod

Stable... Joined 25 Times got kicked 23 Times within 30 seconds, 1 time within 7 minutes and the last server went offline after 20 minutes playing. Good old german server "admins".

After i got to play on some US Servers despite the normal ping lag everything runes smooth and i could shoot some of my lovely infected 

Stable... Joined 25 Times got kicked 23 Times within 30 seconds, 1 time within 7 minutes and the last server went offline after 20 minutes playing. Good old german server "admins".

After i got to play on some US Servers despite the normal ping lag everything runes smooth and i could shoot some of my lovely infected 

If you're joining a German server as an American you are messing up everyone else's ping. So these good old admins have my full sympathy and understanding. Why would you even want to join a German server, if you are in the US? Unless I misunderstood that and you actually are in Europe. 

Good patch so far. One needs to get used to the new ui, but for me the overall performance was quite better.

Loot distribution was good, too. Only thing I recogniced was, that there were tons of aksu's and scorpions but rather no mags at all.

Anyone has problems with barrels? My mate had a nasty bug with a barrel, it stucks to his hand and could not be removed, no matter what.

Awesome indeed, spent 2 hours of reparing transit bus and lada niva, after repairing the bus, it was ***king twice that the wheels just dissapeared... repaired again, drove around 500m and again wheel was gone... Then i found lada niva, repaired all the wheels and tried to drive it, after 5 meters i realised i cant steer, so the car just went straight coool !!! got of the car and again, wheel dissapeared... 

Thats all about my experience with 0.59, thank you ill try the game after next 3 months... when maybe finally the 0.59.1 will be released to experimental

Anyone else gets spawned as default on all gamservers.com servers ? 

I just checked, my character was unaffected, inventory, location and camp are still right there. Maybe some servers aren't connected to the hive?

I had fun last night

Logged into Riddler's TS and met ColdAtrophy, Biohaze and emuthreat, although we were playing on completely different and 3PP server

It's always great to put a voice to a name, I'll definitely get a 1PP character going now, hopefully today

Dudester showed up in TS shortly after on the 3PP server and we had a night of Lada rock'n'roll.

We also drove a bus way up to beyond Sinistok, which was a slow uphill battle, literally,

I might try to make a camp out of it up in the northwest, if I can get it out there.

Racing around Chernarus in the Lada was fun,

we took it on a few heli routes while trying to avoid hitting tree stumps, rock walls and those plant trellises.

Dudester tried to drive it through the two story barn but the set of half-closed doors stopped our progress inside,

of course a military zed showed up jammed us up even more, but we managed to dig the lada out of there too.

That poor offroader was crashed, flipped, rolled and was brought to the brink of destruction about 10 times over

we did a ton of repairs on it, removing wheels and putting them back on, mostly.

Dudester drove through a few cows trying to run them over but it seems they aren't physically effected by the car,

Tatanko came in as we were racing around on the NW air strip and then we picked him up and went on another joyride.

We came across a boar which Dudester tried to turn into roadkill,

but we had to stop, jump out of the car and aim down on the moving target racing downhill and into the woods,

btw, another nice shot Tatanko  :P  

I would definitely suggest getting out of the cars at regular intervals and walking around.

It moves so fast and you can cover so much ground that if you happen to be driving during a server restart

you could have a very long walk ahead of you to get back to the car.

Listening and talking to the guys on Riddler's TS was definitely fun and had sort of had a parallel universe type of feel to it,

since we were on different servers and having similar frustrations and experiences with this build.

There was a lot of "oh yeah, we're getting that glitch too" that helps confirm some of the stuff we're not always certain of.

So thanks again to Riddler for making his TS open to us all here and not to forget Boneboys also for making that suggestion back in the exp thread

I'd say it's working out pretty good  :thumbsup:

• Like 8

Yeah, I definitely don't think we've reached a "happy place" yet in terms of how much effort is necessary to maintain a vehicle. That's what balancing is for, though :)

Gary, Dudester, and myself were having a hell of a time getting into the CoDriver seat of the Offroad we were running around in. Luckily the rear seat still worked just fine for parking our butts, but we never did figure out a way to switch to that seat or get to it from outside the car. Fortunately, there is already a feedback ticket in for it: https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=28931

Before we beat that poor offroader into the ground the passenger/codriver seat was working fine.

It wasn't until I rolled it over and the passenger door flew off that the trouble started.

After that it seemed like it had that inventory glitch thing

(where one person sees 3 wheels and another sees 4, except it was with the passenger side door)

I'd enter and exit the codriver side through the door.

It gave me no option to open or close the door, so maybe there was no door there at all - but I was seeing one.

I dunno if that's part of the problem, but that seems to be when it started.

• Like 2

Awesome indeed, spent 2 hours of reparing transit bus and lada niva, after repairing the bus, it was ***king twice that the wheels just dissapeared... repaired again, drove around 500m and again wheel was gone... Then i found lada niva, repaired all the wheels and tried to drive it, after 5 meters i realised i cant steer, so the car just went straight coool !!! got of the car and again, wheel dissapeared... 

Thats all about my experience with 0.59, thank you ill try the game after next 3 months... when maybe finally the 0.59.1 will be released to experimental

You need pristine wheels, or else the car can't steer right or at all. It might also be the body was damaged. Had the same problem in experimental myself. 

Are you sure the wheels actually disappeared? Because as has been written here many times, there is a visual glitch where wheels will not show up in the bus inventory or even on the bus model, but it will still drive and you can see them again after a reconnect (which takes 30 seconds at most, but sometimes is instant, if you don't change server); the way to find out, if the glitch is just visual is also to check if the car/bus is tilting heavily to one side; most likely the wheels just didn't show, so you made unnecessary repairs and fuzz about nothing. I know it's not working perfectly yet, but with a bit of patience you can figure out what's going on and still keep going. I seem to have fewer problems with the cars now, simply because I know them from the experimental version. 

Does anyone know if putting the combat knife in combat boots is broken again? It's so weird that it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. I couldn't put a pristine combat knife in my worn boots anyhow. This worked before, but not any more. And it also never worked reliably for me even within the same patch. Sometimes my friend could do it, but I couldn't and the other way around. curious.

Edited by S3V3N

I just checked, my character was unaffected, inventory, location and camp are still right there. Maybe some servers aren't connected to the hive?

I had fun last night

Logged into Riddler's TS and met ColdAtrophy, Biohaze and emuthreat, although we were playing on completely different and 3PP server

It's always great to put a voice to a name, I'll definitely get a 1PP character going now, hopefully today

Dudester showed up in TS shortly after on the 3PP server and we had a night of Lada rock'n'roll.

We also drove a bus way up to beyond Sinistok, which was a slow uphill battle, literally,

I might try to make a camp out of it up in the northwest, if I can get it out there.

Racing around Chernarus in the Lada was fun,

we took it on a few heli routes while trying to avoid hitting tree stumps, rock walls and those plant trellises.

Dudester tried to drive it through the two story barn but the set of half-closed doors stopped our progress inside,

of course a military zed showed up jammed us up even more, but we managed to dig the lada out of there too.

That poor offroader was crashed, flipped, rolled and was brought to the brink of destruction about 10 times over

we did a ton of repairs on it, removing wheels and putting them back on, mostly.

Dudester drove through a few cows trying to run them over but it seems they aren't physically effected by the car,

Tatanko came in as we were racing around on the NW air strip and then we picked him up and went on another joyride.

but we had to stop, jump out of the car and aim down on the moving target racing downhill and into the woods,

btw, another nice shot Tatanko :P

I would definitely suggest getting out of the cars at regular intervals and walking around.

It moves so fast and you can cover so much ground that if you happen to be driving during a server restart

you could have a very long walk ahead of you to get back to the car.

Listening and talking to the guys on Riddler's TS was definitely fun and had sort of had a parallel universe type of feel to it,

since we were on different servers and having similar frustrations and experiences with this build.

There was a lot of "oh yeah, we're getting that glitch too" that helps confirm some of the stuff we're not always certain of.

So thanks again to Riddler for making his TS open to us all here and not to forget Boneboys also for making that suggestion back in the exp thread

I'd say it's working out pretty good :thumbsup:

Is riddlers TS the musty gaming TS? I see a mix of you , Tatanko , cold , bio , and others on the second dayz channel , me and my cousins are always filling the first ! Woot Woot teamspeak ! Can't wait to get into game today and fix up the camp and find another car !

• Like 2

btw, another nice shot Tatanko  :P  

I think hunting is going to be my "thing" in 0.59 again. I really enjoyed tracking down animals on 0.57, and now that we've got our variety back I've been loving it. Those sprinting animals are more of a challenge than humans much of the time  :lol: Hope to be rocking a boar pelt backpack on the regular, too.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 4

Is riddlers TS the musty gaming TS? I see a mix of you , Tatanko , cold , bio , and others on the second dayz channel , me and my cousins are always filling the first ! Woot Woot teamspeak ! Can't wait to get into game today and fix up the camp and find another car !

No, Riddler's TS server crashed last night.

• Like 1

Oh I forgot, riddlers isn't musty's.  Riddlers went down last night and we all moved over to musty's  :blush:

Props to musty's too  :thumbsup:

edit ninja'd  :ph34r:

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 3

I'm thinking of roleplaying again, to confuse the hell out of stable players for a change. I haven't decided yet, whether I should revive Nurse Danger or go around with my new creation: Hobocop. Hobocop is basically a non-sensical drunk, who will empty every bottle of alcohol or desinfectant he comes across. He's constantly sick, because of his detrimental life-style and poor choices. So he has to hold people up, in order to steal their blood + medicine. He'll also go around begging for booze and cigarettes and if you don't give him what he wants, he'll throw stuff at you and force feed you ruined food from his inventory. He never drinks water. Hobocop only wears ruined clothes, but sports the full policeman outfit. He may seem harmless at the onset, but if you try helping him, he's gonna drag you down with him. 

He's similarly obsessed like my Nurse Danger character was, but Hobocop doesn't want to bring healing to the world, he just wants to get high! I think I'll go collecting my Hobocop outfit today. There is a PvP challenge (event) on the server I chose tonight, so I might just go and interfere with everyone's shootout and see how many hostages I can make and blood bags I can fill, before someone takes me down; probably not many, but I'll have a laugh. I've got lots to do in my flat still, so I hope I won't miss the event and also be able to get geared up in time. 

Did somebody actually try out yet what happens when you use the wrong blood type in a transfusion? I've seen the bloodtype-table on the wiki, but I wonder if that's actually already working or if any type of blood will heal you.   

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

I had problems with duplicating items. Found 1911 mag, and while trying to load it in pistol it created 3 more copies. Off course you don't know which one is real. Then I created another jerry can after I refueled the car. I can live with that, but things like that turn away all my friends and I don't have any one to play with.

Anyone has problems with barrels? My mate had a nasty bug with a barrel, it stucks to his hand and could not be removed, no matter what.

+/-1 hour after filling a cooking pot with 4 cans of spaghetti, I drank the 80% water that was already in the pot. The pot wouldn't go back into my inventory so I threw it with G. A few minutes later in a different house I tried to drink a soda and got the messages

Cannot remove item your hands

Unable to pickup item

huk420.jpg

Logging off and back onto the server fixed it. The cooking pot was in my hands again, and I was able to empty the cans of food then place the pot in my backpack.

Got to play at sunrise for the first time in months. Loving it!

2h3nd3t.jpg

n16kck.jpg

• Like 3

I had problems with duplicating items. Found 1911 mag, and while trying to load it in pistol it created 3 more copies. Off course you don't know which one is real. Then I created another jerry can after I refueled the car. I can live with that, but things like that turn away all my friends and I don't have any one to play with.

I know you like to stay up late, so hit me up after 23:00 GMT. I'll play with you when I get home from hunting IRL  B)

• Like 2

Anyone know where there's reliable off-road tire spawns ? It's so hard to find any no matter where I go : in land , coast , west coast , northern villages I can't find any ... Is the server im on off-road wheel challenged ?

• Like 1

Anyone know where there's reliable off-road tire spawns ? It's so hard to find any no matter where I go : in land , coast , west coast , northern villages I can't find any ... Is the server im on off-road wheel challenged ?

They are really hard to find for me too. Harder than any other wheels. Bus wheels and sedan wheels I find the most of. And the sedans don't even spawn near Cherno it seems. 

What I always did is go to Cherno and whenever I see any different wheel, I pick it up and throw it away, in order to make space for a different kind of wheel to respawn. I spend at least two hours fixing the car each time - more when I didn't find the rep kit. That means you are running through Cherno, constantly in danger and often will get ambushed. So you need some weapons at your disposal, too. It would suck to get killed after putting so much work into the car. Some help from other people would be nice too. I have traveled as far as Pavlovo when I was looking for wheels for a Cherno hatchback. I tend to place some barrels on the way, in order to store extra wheels or loot I don't want to carry. When I have the car fixed, I pick up the barrel and stuff and make camp.

Overall, it is really a lot for one person, unless you want to spend your entire session finding wheels. With 2-4 people you can each fan out a different direction and cover more ground. By removing the wheels and making place for new ones, there is often a freshly spawned wheel when you're on the way back to the car. The last one I needed yesterday had spawned in the small concrete cubicle with the blue door, right next to the car in Cherno. I was really happy about it, since it meant I could take a spare wheel along, too.   

Edited by S3V3N

I know you like to stay up late, so hit me up after 23:00 GMT. I'll play with you when I get home from hunting IRL  B)

What server you play?

I want to shoot priest zombies again. :(

SbnAWgG.jpg

Our will be done
Thy kingdom burn, thy kingdom burn
Our will be done

From your knees arise
By your own hand, your God you scribe
The earth shall inherit the meek
Your God is dead

• Like 7

Did somebody actually try out yet what happens when you use the wrong blood type in a transfusion? I've seen the bloodtype-table on the wiki, but I wonder if that's actually already working or if any type of blood will heal you.   

haven't tried the wrong blood type but I spawned in .59 as an O-neg (my blood works on everybody).  I need to fill some bags so if you wanna meet me to do that I'll give you a couple of the full bags.  I have a blood test too in case you wanna verify I'm not poisoning you for science.  message me.