boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

It shouldn't if you cook it properly. That should have been fixed. 

You must cook it properly I can verify;I have been eating lots of hens lately.I Used the cooking on a stick method; works great.Might change my name to Scar the chicken slayer.Especially if I keep on running into as many as I have been most recently.

Animal's meat poison?

Edited by Scarcifer

Just had a 5 hour session. We set the meeting point to Mogilevka, and as the first one of us arrived, he spotted a bus, and guess what, it was fully functional :D As soon as I got there we waited for two other guys and then drove off to Staroye to fetch the last two of our 6 man squad. We then travelled through Guglovo, stopped in Novy and grew some pumpkins there, proceeded to Stary, looted the small tent city there, continued to Kabanino and VMC, then through Pustoshka and Vybor to the NWAF. We had absolutely zero problems with our bus all the way (until it got stuck at the airfield, but we got it free again) and totally had a blast! Of course the bus throttles very slow, but in my opinion, it's okay. It's a heavy vehicle after all. Good job devs!

• Like 2

You can remove it by actually looking under the hood, outside of the car, like you would in real life, and either using the interact key, or scroll wheel. I can't remember if you need a tool to do so, so hold on to any you think might help.

Message me if you need more explanation.

Can confirm that you can remove battery, spark plug and headlamp from Lada with no tools just looking at it. Wheels still need a lug wrench to remove but not sure if the vehicle flips out on stable like it did on experimental...

Devs what have you done. 

qV4a2nj.jpg

Now where is my free candy 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 2

* Cooking Pots filled with water cannot be stored inside another container

This did not happen for me. I could fill it and put it inside my inventory. 

• Like 1

It gets more curious all the time. Now I can't even run the game. When I start Dayz it tells me "unable to locate a running instance of Steam". Then it closes down, loads itself again and tells me:"failed to start game, app already running". I went into Task Manager to terminate the process by hand, but there is no other instance running. No first one running, either.  I verified the game files too,of course. No problems found.

Deleting the "appcache" folder as STEAM suggests and restarting worked. However - do Vilayer and GameServers have different character hives? I can still load my old character in yesterday's server, but the other server I switched to has me respawned a freshie.

Edited by S3V3N

Guys, can someone tell me:

- How many Bus / Offroad / Sedans / V3S spawn at a server?

- At what circumstances does a vehicle respawn?

- What can be done about stuck vehicles that are impossible to be taken out?

This did not happen for me. I could fill it and put it inside my inventory. 

I believe he meant you cannot stick a pot inside a protector case / ammo can.

I guess the problem is still in where you can't stick barrels into trees to hide them and be able to access them. Haven't been keeping up with the forums a lot since I haven't been playing and didn't want to sort through 100's of pages from exp heh.

• Like 1

The game runs fine for me, for some reason it seems to look better than before. I had an issue with voice chat being after I died so i could hear what my killers were saying for ten minutes or so after.

Its a pity the players are still mostly a bunch of douches. Three times Ive been killed for no reason, once for a reason. Still, why no talkie-talkie with someone whose obviously not a threat?

• Like 2

I tried looking for stones to make a stone knife with but was not able to get the "search for stones" message to appear when looking at the ground. Did they take this out? Or am I now looking in the wrong spots?

Anyone know how to use tire repair kits? ive tried puttting them in hand and using on tires on the ground, tried the drag and drop method but nothing ... Any help? damaged tires are making the car spin!

Damn. Why so many motorcycle helmuts and no motorcycles? Just kidding. Logged on tonight and my server was empty. Now I am not the military guy but looking at all that empty space between me and the NWAF....well I decided to go for it.  I haven't frequented the NWAF for weeks because only the quick and the dead go there and usually I am the dead. This session though was fun because although there were no players there, there were lots of infected, and it was dark. Hearing the moans and groans and trying to weave my way through was fun. Entertaining even. Had there been more players on the server I would have made different choices. So each session is different for me and that is cool. 

• Like 2

After playing .59 for a while, I feel the need to reiterate:

This -

The number of available hotkey slots is now limited, and the number available increases depending upon what clothing you are wearing. Each piece of clothing has an assigned value of "quick bar bonus" that adds that number of slots to what you have available.

Makes no sense. Hotkey slots are about assigning keyboard controls (user experience and comfort) and ease of access, not an incentive to get better gear. If they want to have the hotkey slots be a part of gameplay, they should limit their use to things that one would realistically be able to access easily (i.e - anything in your pants, shirt, jacket, vest, chest holster, or slung on your back.) Items in cases, boxes, bags and backpacks shouldn't be allowed in a hotkey slot. If I have 10 easy accessible items, I should be able to put them all in my hotkey slot. And, if I have 5 slots available, they should be any 5 slots I want.

The way it works right now makes no sense whatsoever, is totally arbitrary and annoying. 'You can only have all of your slots if you have certain gear.' 'Why?' 'Because...' Since hotkey slots have been a part of DayZ I've had mine setup a particular way because it made sense to me ergonomically (melee, primary, secondary, bandages... misc on the next few, ending with compass, binocs, and water on 0.) Is there some reason I should have an arcadey limitation to how I setup my keyboard? To impose an arbitrary penalty that impacts - not gameplay, but user keyboard experience is ridiculous.

This arbitrarily limits the RP playstyle because if I wish to have my keyboard setup ergonomically - which, again, is about user experience and comfort not gameplay, I have to get certain gear... which might not fit the character I'm playing. If I've got on a pair of jeans and an M65 jacket filled with 10 1-slot items? Guess how many hotkey slots I should have... 10. If I've got undies and the starter-tee? I get slots for what's on my back and in my hands. That's how it should work.

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 2

Seriously - and I mean this with every fiber of my being - whoever designed the audio for the SVD deserves the largest raise that Bohemia can afford without being forced into bankruptcy. I got an SVD and then went over to Myshkino, which was covered in zombies. As I drew down on the first of many zeds, I pulled the trigger, expecting the same old AKM-ish sound and instead had my eardrums treated to one of the most satisfying and amazing sounds that I've ever heard a gun create in a video game. 

All I can say is this: Well fucking done.  :thumbsup:

• Like 9

Well me and my cousins had a good time tonight, one of the fuckers fell asleep guarding the bus and it ended in shenanigans (someone murdered the sleeping guard on duty and left the bus unrobbed and intact lol) . we still havent heard from him, we will probably hear him screaming tomorrow about him forgetting to log out before going into a fucking deep sleep ..

But in other news i have renewed faith in the power of the vehicles , they still need work (especially that sedan, as soon as it touches a structure it loses its physics and wobbles around the road even after getting properly taken off of the hang up , regardless of wheel condition too as ours were all pristine after we repaired them).. But i like how the powers a bit better on the buses compared to the experimental branch, they could hardly get up a hill in EXP branch ... now they are something we should all try and hassle with because it is just fun regardless, although the bus could stilll use a little more ... Bus oomph!

We finally found camp at the end of the night (we'd been searching for a good camp site all night, and found it finally in the woods, but before that happened we tried fixing many sedans, successfully but also unsuccessfully , because our driver , after we got them running, kept nudging them into houses because it spawned so close to them lol!) Some vehicle nature pics :

HhTz85n.jpg

yRskFoB.jpg

1ndHjAP.jpg

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 8

Can anyone confirm whether or not new sounds for the M4 made it into 0.59? I haven't used one at all personally, not even in Experimental, so I can't confirm it myself. It was previewed in this video a little while back, and the new sounds for the SVD and UMP seem to be in 0.59 which leads me to believe the M4 might have gotten updated as well.

• Like 1

Had another good night with emuthreat and ColdAtrophy mainly.

The Riddler popped in, and Tatanko, Gary Walnuts, And Dudester were in the TS but playing on 3PP hive.

Much of the night was spent just struggling to keep the vehicles in running order, sticking and unsticking them, breaking parts, replacing parts.

We had a bus and 2 sedans but wanted to try the hatchback and had a good lead on one.

I cannot stress how many times we had to deal with "fixing" the cars in one way or another and it detracted from the experience a bit.

IBOMsEC.jpg

In proper DayZ fashion emuthreat manages to throw a decently well geared character from a rooftop and nobody makes it to his body in time.

He does however get a nearby spawn and we make bambi take the wheel.

Nv464EJ.jpg

Did I mention there was all manner of car troubles?

kyClL61.jpg

Constantly "rotating the tires" or bumping/sliding cars loose from crappy map element interactions or "sinking into the map".

emuthreat knew where a couple offroad spawns were so we cannibalized one that spawned in Pusta(?) and removing the tire caused it to slide 100's of meters to a level area where it could rest.

He recorded video of the amazing journey but here is whereabouts it ends up.

OZuEBcR.jpg

Part of the frustration in dealing with the current iteration of vehicles is how badly bugged things get with inventory desynch and people using the different UI's.

People see different amounts of wheels on vehicles and see different states of inventory.

This particular bug was quite unusual.

szR9Zcs.jpg

Fixing the cars looses it's charm fairly quickly.

tW7TUop.jpg

Chatting between the 1PP and 3PP people we listened as the others hunted heli's and at times we did the same.

emuthreat had great luck at 1 Russian chopper he found and we got an SVD and VSS!

9akLpFz.jpg

We went back to a stash spot and grabbed mags we had for them and then went to Myshkino.

One rifle shot drew almost all of the infected out into the field and we had ourselves a nice little shooting gallery.

Here we found some ammo and mags for the new weapons and a few other useful things, including a couple car tents and a civilian tent which people left pitched.

Also, there was car trouble.

UagdpTS.jpg

And more car trouble.

I managed to right this offroad by backing into it with the sedan.

RODMDxy.jpg

We set up a camp with 2 car tents a mil tent and a civ tent and stashed the cars in the ports facing North to avoid problems with server repositioning.

The cars were beat up from the trip to camp so we looted some nearby sheds to try to get spare parts, I got a little lost but managed to meet up again.

Cold lit a torch to scorn the darkness.

At about this point I needed to log off for the night and snapped a couple pics at the end of our looting rounds.

DyAHPur.jpg

DWTD6Es.jpg

My next mission (possibly Sunday), will be to make a 3PP character that can join up with Tatanko and Co on their server and hopefully they will do the same on 1st at some point.

This former lone wolf is enjoying the group dynamic and looks forward to more good team work, especially when the new experimentals start to drop, it will likely progress our scientific endeavors at an even faster pace.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 9

I cannot stress how many times we had to deal with "fixing" the cars in one way or another and it detracted from the experience a bit.

Yeah, I definitely don't think we've reached a "happy place" yet in terms of how much effort is necessary to maintain a vehicle. That's what balancing is for, though :)

Gary, Dudester, and myself were having a hell of a time getting into the CoDriver seat of the Offroad we were running around in. Luckily the rear seat still worked just fine for parking our butts, but we never did figure out a way to switch to that seat or get to it from outside the car. Fortunately, there is already a feedback ticket in for it: https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=28931

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

Ok, I am reonciled. Everything worked, had a fun night and didn't have to kill anyone despite having been to airfield and tent city. There's been some bus drivings:

2015-12-12_00008_zpsyxak2tll.jpg

looking for car partings and then some car drivings to heli spawnings:

2015-12-12_00021_zpsfiailfdb.jpg

car parkings:

2015-12-12_00025_zpslfa355nh.jpg

and then some hood openings to show the spare wheelings:

2015-12-12_00026_zpsybnmqdtd.jpg

Awesome that you can put a spare wheel where it belongs! This is the first car I found with a hood. Unforts I rammed some fence and stuff flew off and was ruined. Good thing about ruined doors is you can get out without opening them. Lost a scoped MP5 when I had to make a run for the car and my weapon didn't go into the backpack again. Lot of zombies on the airfield! It's been fun again even though I died randomly when battleeye lost connection while I was in the bus. Still, no biggie - you can get equipped so fast and I was gonna repair the car anyways. I also had this thing where it says "you are dead" after getting out of the car. Reconnect and you're fine. 

Noticed this sign for the first time, I wonder if that will be a future upgrade (snow chains/skid chains):

2015-12-12_00009_zpsmmo0fye7.jpg

Nights are beautiful when you are camping at a police station, waiting for customers:

2015-12-12_00016_zpszgmd580v.jpg

Thank you, Dayz!

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 6

After playing .59 for a while, I feel the need to reiterate:

This -

Makes no sense. Hotkey slots are about assigning keyboard controls (user experience and comfort) and ease of access, not an incentive to get better gear. If they want to have the hotkey slots be a part of gameplay, they should limit their use to things that one would realistically be able to access easily (i.e - anything in your pants, shirt, jacket, vest, chest holster, or slung on your back.) Items in cases, boxes, bags and backpacks shouldn't be allowed in a hotkey slot. If I have 10 easy accessible items, I should be able to put them all in my hotkey slot. And, if I have 5 slots available, they should be any 5 slots I want.

The way it works right now makes no sense whatsoever, is totally arbitrary and annoying. 'You can only have all of your slots if you have certain gear.' 'Why?' 'Because...' Since hotkey slots have been a part of DayZ I've had mine setup a particular way because it made sense to me ergonomically (melee, primary, secondary, bandages... misc on the next few, ending with compass, binocs, and water on 0.) Is there some reason I should have an arcadey limitation to how I setup my keyboard? To impose an arbitrary penalty that impacts - not gameplay, but user keyboard experience is ridiculous.

This arbitrarily limits the RP playstyle because if I wish to have my keyboard setup ergonomically - which, again, is about user experience and comfort not gameplay, I have to get certain gear... which might not fit the character I'm playing. If I've got on a pair of jeans and an M65 jacket filled with 10 1-slot items? Guess how many hotkey slots I should have... 10. If I've got undies and the starter-tee? I get slots for what's on my back and in my hands. That's how it should work.

yeah the quickbar change makes no damn sense at all and it's annoying as fuck.  I've ended up ONLY using 1 & 2 for anything because everything after 2 erases itself at literally the drop of a hat.  even switching to a better jacket with the same storage erases things.  the whole point of a quickbar is to remember what number everything has to access it quickly, and now 3-0 are useless for that without constantly stopping to unfuck it.

there's a place to report bugs in experimental, but not ridiculous ideas.

• Like 1

Anyone know how to use tire repair kits? ive tried puttting them in hand and using on tires on the ground, tried the drag and drop method but nothing ... Any help? damaged tires are making the car spin!

If you were trying to use them on bus wheels, I think that isn't working, because I tried that too (at least not on the double wheels). Otherwise you did the right thing. Drop the tire, take rep kit into hand and look at it till it prompts you to "repair tire". Reparing the single wheels works for me. 

BTW - it's interesting what happens when you enter the radius of another vehicle at high speed. It basically stops you completely. It happened when I passed my old bus. This reminds me a lot of what happened when you entered a trade city in the mods. You could only enter at slow speed or otherwise it would bump you back a bit. Luckily the car doesn't get damaged by that. However, it seems to be an old problem, since that kind of thing happened in Arma II. I hope they can fix it, so we can have proper car chases some day!

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

-snip

I guess the problem is still in where you can't stick barrels into trees to hide them and be able to access them. Haven't been keeping up with the forums a lot since I haven't been playing and didn't want to sort through 100's of pages from exp heh.

Use the new UI.

Edited by emuthreat

Right click on Dayz on STEAM--> go to properties-->Set Launch Options-->write: -newui --> click ok and you are good to go

• Like 1