caik

Donald Trump

301 posts in this topic

To be honest , I am unsure of the man as I have never met him but, some of his comments are as fascist as they get.

A lot of American's seem to be enamoured with him and I was wondering how the fine Americans here felt about him and his policies. Basically I am a wee bit nervous of his potential to be the president of the US with the power that entails. I (and over 425,000 others) have signed a petition here in the UK to ban Trump from entering our country as I feel he has made comments that are clearly designed to incite racial and religous hatred. In the UK we have banned 84 people who have deemed to have committed a crime by promoting racism/fascism/terrorism and intolerence. Do you agree that Trump should be 85th and if so here is the link to the petition (sorry UK residents only).

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/114003

His behaviour and attitude towards the petition is also worrying for a potential president. "These petitioners don't know what their getting into". A direct threat to those who have a different opinion to his own or is this ridicule of our understanding of Islam?

Trump owns a golf course near me and his investment has been well recieved. Money does not buy a pardon for his unlawful behaviour.

Regards,

Craig.

That's funny... You have Dog the Bounty Hunter and Mike Tyson on that list. Cheers to you for keeping a straight face while going on about that.

caik gave beans to this

Small loan of a million dollars...talk about understanding the needs of the little man. I don't like Trump, as an European. He insulted my queen, errr chancellor Merkel ;)

But that's not the reason not to like him. Everything about the man seems wrong. He can't control his emotions, he talks incredible nonsense most of the time and has no diplomatic skills at all. The only reason for people like Trump to become president ist so they can expand their power. You don't really think, he gives two shits about the people? If he did it would have shown in his past life, but he's never come across as particularly likeable or charitable. 

On the other hand, after Peace Nobel Price winner Obama made one terrible decision after the next (seriously, I didn't think there could be another terrible president after Bush). I can see why people would want to see a strong man in Trump. Obama was weak. I don't know of any of his politics that came to fruition and talk is cheap; partly that's due to the senate blocking his ideas, but meh. The Obamas were something for the tabloids - which is really sad, considering he's the first black president. Trump with his impulsive nature would be a catastrophe for the USA. I don't want a man like that to have power over the world's largest nuclear arsenal. Imgine a meeting between Putin and him. First Putin would kick his ass (former KGB man!) and then they would start nuking each other. Imho the USA would better have a more moderate president, but certainly needs something more than another Obama. Tough choice!

Edited by S3V3N
caik gave beans to this

Well, Obama did succeed in wrecking my health insurance so not all of his plans have failed. The past 8 years should have shown the world that it doesn't matter who we elect president. Obama was a joke, and now we're just gearing up for the next one. We're either going to have a sitcom with the crazy antics of Trump or a crime drama with the seediness of Hillary. Putin is actually a pretty popular guy here. If you believe media polls, he is more popular than Obama, and has a higher approval rating here in the US than he does in Russia. It's not because he is a great leader, it's because he is a larger than life character that people like to watch. 

caik gave beans to this

That's funny... You have Dog the Bounty Hunter and Mike Tyson on that list. Cheers to you for keeping a straight face while going on about that.

Apologies if I offend, rape and first degree murder are no laughing matter! The two you mention are convicted VIOLENT offenders, thus banned from the UK as we have enough of our own idiots to deal with. Any crime no matter how trivial will prevent someone (except the wealthy/famous) getting a green card to live in America. IMO a sensible policy to protect the American public.

Here is a list of other bans for incitement or racial/religious convictions:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/donald-trump-10-people-uk-has-banned-hate-speech-1532565

Regards,

Craig.

OrLoK gave beans to this

The more I see/hear of Trump, the more I believe he is a plant to make other hardline Republicans seem moderate by comparison.

pabloottawa and caik gave beans to this

It's almost unreal (and scary) how much support trump actually has right now. At first I thought it was just some big publicity stunt but now I'm not so sure..

This guy is so fucked in the head that even the super far right conservatives have condemned the things he's said. Really makes me feel ashamed to be American

OrLoK and caik gave beans to this

Yeah, Martha Stewart is on there too. Insider trading... that's a huge threat to the UK's sovereignty, right? So Martha Stewart is banned but O.J is good to go? Your list is pure sensationalism, latching on the celebrity of a few high profiled people. It's silliness.

cash81 and escobert gave beans to this

Like i said in another thread: the man's money got him this far, but I sincerely hope (and believe) that the democratic system will prevent him from advancing.  It's a fun circus to watch, but if this guy gets elected, i feel it would debase the entire arm of government, destroying any credibility that the position may still have.

People have said that the president is but a puppet to interest groups.

Having a celebrity billionaire as the single controlling force and commander in chief is another thing.

My country had a character businessman in the House of Representatives, as Clive Palmer, but our election system is different, as he was elected by a fraction of the population as an independant, and incidentally he did not have a large degree of power, but to have an apex position filled by this kind of character is ludicrous.

Just watch the circus and pray, silently pray, is my advice.  That said, all the hubbub is surely good for his next TV ad or whatever he's doing with this newfound revenue/popularity.

caik gave beans to this

It's almost unreal (and scary) how much support trump actually has right now. At first I thought it was just some big publicity stunt but now I'm not so sure..

This guy is so fucked in the head that even the super far right conservatives have condemned the things he's said. Really makes me feel ashamed to be American

You have nothing to be ashamed of DD. Donald Trump reflects badly on himself not Americans. I have always envied the pride Americans have in their country and their hard earned independence. One day I hope to feel the same about Scotland.

Regards,

Craig.

Edit:

Gearjammer,

Martha Stewart was planning on speaking to students of the Royal Academy in the UK. To prevent a convicted fraudster and obstructor of justice influencing our education system the home secretary placed a ban on her. If OJ ever tried to come here to teach children baseball he may also have a ban placed on him. We do not have a blanket ban on everyone who commits a crime in America coming to the UK, each case will be determined on its own merit (or lack of it). Unlike Trumps sweeping generalisations.

Edited by caik

Trump is basically a national disaster for us, bringing out the worst people to support him.  None of the other Republicans are any better, they all support the same exact things, Trump just doesn't like to tip toe around.  He's the wrecking ball of the party.  I'd say he was trolling the party, if he hadn't been doing the whole idiotic birther thing on Obama for years now, so it basically amounts to he realizes what a significant portion of the Republican base are, which is xenophobic and ultra-religious (This isn't for all Conservatives/Republicans, but it's undeniably a large swath of people, or he wouldn't be running the polls like he does), and he's digging down and playing to it.  Not sure if he realizes though that it won't win him the nomination or even a remote chance at the presidency.  He's basically alienated almost every group imaginable in the country.

It's more than sad, it's disturbing, when he's basically one more declaration away from tossing Muslims into camps like we did with the Japanese in WW2 or even Nazi Germany with the Jews.  It's not often that a comparison to Nazi's can be made that isn't an exaggeration.

I still can't remember that S word (no not the naughty one)  describing the behaviour that Tzetze described...

but conversely to this position,

It could also be that the Republican's are so off-put by Hillary or have such a low faith in their stock/estimate low polling results, that they've put a deliberately ugly extremist in full view to make the otherwise unattractive options seem moderate and worth voting for.

Or like i still think, it could just be another example of how far money and power can get you.  Above hypothetical would be taking a gamble on the Republican brand.  And the danger is that people may still go for the proverbial-stool over the more moderate cold-coffee alternative.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

I don't agree with Trump's way of going about things, but for Christ's sake quit comparing him to Hitler. I'm personally glad he's in the race, he's shaking things up and American politics need a shaking every once in a while ;). He won't get my vote but if he wasn't in the running the Republican front runner would be Jeb Bush, who is one of the most useless people on the planet.

I agree Trump is an ass, but he's a SMART ass.

Thank the stars for this man , I hope they lock down this whole country. Ban away on your dingy little island and good luck sir. I can't wait for election day. Finally someone that won't suck the minoritys toes in this country anymore and is ready to bounce the sand out. Thank you Mr. Trump

wil24567, Conkykillz and Deathlove gave beans to this

Thank the stars for this man , I hope they lock down this whole country. Ban away on your dingy little island and good luck sir. I can't wait for election day. Finally someone that won't suck the minoritys toes in this country anymore and is ready to bounce the sand out. Thank you Mr. Trump

please be bait

q.S Sachiel, Deathlove, OrLoK and 4 others gave beans to this

Wait are you for the racist remarks in that they draw racists into the spotlight, or that they get rid of the race?

Because i'm all for a Hundred Flowers Campaign, i just want the right grains of sand bounced out.

You have nothing to be ashamed of DD. Donald Trump reflects badly on himself not Americans. I have always envied the pride Americans have in their country and their hard earned independence. One day I hope to feel the same about Scotland.

Regards,

Craig.

Edit:

Gearjammer,

Martha Stewart was planning on speaking to students of the Royal Academy in the UK. To prevent a convicted fraudster and obstructor of justice influencing our education system the home secretary placed a ban on her. If OJ ever tried to come here to teach children baseball he may also have a ban placed on him. We do not have a blanket ban on everyone who commits a crime in America coming to the UK, each case will be determined on its own merit (or lack of it). Unlike Trumps sweeping generalisations.

So you're basically saying that it is okay to ban someone that might speak out of turn, but not okay to consider banning people that follow a religion that advocates it's followers to "Slay them wherever ye catch them..." ?

"Slay them wherever ye catch them..." ?

What, baseball, or college fraternities?

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Trump is an idiot at best, pure evil at worst, but you can't take the higher poll numbers he currently has too seriously. He's polling about right for the "characters" this early. For example Herman Caine was polling the same at the same time during his run in 2008. By contrast, Bernie Sanders is on almost exactly the same upward trend that Barack Obama was on. So too is Hillary on the same path that she was on before, starting high and slowly beginning to dip. This is all normal for US politics.

https://youtu.be/3rN23iuTD98?t=1m50s

Trump is just especially ridiculous this time around. I almost wonder if he isn't purposefully trying to ensure the Republican party doesn't get into the White House.

Espa gave beans to this

So you're basically saying that it is okay to ban someone that might speak out of turn, but not okay to consider banning people that follow a religion that advocates it's followers to "Slay them wherever ye catch them..." ?

"Sweeping Generalizations".  Important thing to look at with his post.  Most Muslims do not want to kill non-Muslims, especially ones wanting to visit us or consider moving here, and banning every Muslim from entering the country, essentially bans like a billion people.  It's not just impractical, it's likely to hurt the country more than the very rare attacks from Muslims we have.  We more to worry about Christian extremists in this country than we do Muslim.  It's playing into the hands of terrorists by acting so fearful, especially as we see with the refugee situation, acting like the only people we are gonna take in are young radicalized men, despite most of the refugees actually being women, children, and old people.

I don't agree with Trump's way of going about things, but for Christ's sake quit comparing him to Hitler. I'm personally glad he's in the race, he's shaking things up and American politics need a shaking every once in a while  ;). He won't get my vote but if he wasn't in the running the Republican front runner would be Jeb Bush, who is one of the most useless people on the planet.

I agree Trump is an ass, but he's a SMART ass.

Hitler might be stretching it, but it's hard not to make comparisons when he's talking about registering muslims and banning them from the country.  The more apt comparison is probably the Japanese internment disaster we had here in American in WW2.  Irrational fear got the better of us and it fucked with innocent peoples lives.

Edited by Maxgor
q.S Sachiel gave beans to this

What, baseball, or college fraternities?

They mean agnostics and atheist to be specific. It's often mistakenly transposed as they are to kill Christians and Jews, but they are not referenced as idolaters, they're known as book people (Bible Thumpers?). So there we have a US Constitution that protects your religious freedom, versus a religion that objects to allowing one to be free from Religion. 

I'm still confused by your standpoint, and feel that it is off topic of 'Donald Trump' though.

If the point was that you're criticising barring Martha Stewart from entry to Scottland/UK but not the broad and diverse followers of Islam, then i'm not sure how to respond.

Still, despite my own opinions on the effectiveness and motives behind these public polls (and petitions in general) of barring entry to certain individuals, the behavior of one should not be particularly applicable in the decision of the entry of another.  It may make you look like a hypocrite, but ultimately if people are upset with A, it doesn't matter what B has done, although similar behaviors may shape similar opinions. 

It's a separate issue, and he's already outlined that each will be judged individually and separate of the rest, so..

back to the guy with the toupee.

this is his hair, and an ass.

3.jpg

this is his daughter (so says the mighty google, although the picture changes dramatically the closer the camera gets, so it seems).

tiffany_trump-donald_trump-.jpg

and this is him compared to corn, one of America's favourite foodstuffs:

19-Things-That-Look-Just-Like-Donald-Tru

unbiased reporting done right people.

Edited by q.S Sachiel
caik gave beans to this

this is his hair, and an ass.

3.jpg

this is his daughter (so says the mighty google, although the picture changes dramatically the closer the camera gets, so it seems).

tiffany_trump-donald_trump-.jpg

and this is him compared to corn, one of America's favourite foodstuffs:

19-Things-That-Look-Just-Like-Donald-Tru

unbiased reporting done right people.

nf0IujG.png

q.S Sachiel gave beans to this

I'm still confused by your standpoint, and feel that it is off topic of 'Donald Trump' though.

If the point was that you're criticising barring Martha Stewart from entry to Scottland/UK but not the broad and diverse followers of Islam, then i'm not sure how to respond.

Still, despite my own opinions on the effectiveness and motives behind these public polls (and petitions in general) of barring entry to certain individuals, the behavior of one should not be particularly applicable in the decision of the entry of another.  It may make you look like a hypocrite, but ultimately if people are upset with A, it doesn't matter what B has done, although similar behaviors may shape similar opinions. 

It's a separate issue, and he's already outlined that each will be judged individually and separate of the rest, so..

back to the guy with the toupee.

My position is that this petition and or subsequent ban is silly and without merit. It lacks substance and appears to be an attention grab rather than a meaningful act to protect the people of the United Kingdom. His statement was asinine, based on a shady Pew Research Poll, and displays a rather loose interpretation of Islam, but was nothing more than the expression of a bad idea. He has done nothing but flap his stupid mouth, yet the world is losing their collective minds. Trump is Trolling the entire world!

Trump is the best thing that's ever happened to my Facebook feed. Makes it much easier to find people I need to unfriend because they're obviously too ignorant to be allowed in my life.

Deathlove, ColdAtrophy and OrLoK gave beans to this