callmedee

No Microphone - Can I use Chat Macros?

I recently got a new set-up and one issue is that my mic isn't compatible with my tower. I decided to go ahead and purchase DayZ for the sheer fun of it, mic's aren't much of a necessity, I can still go round doing my stuff.

Then I realised that since I have a razer blackwidow chroma with 5 macro keys on the left, is there a way I can macro them so M1 types "Friendly!" in chat and so on?

Could anyone help out?

Edited by callmedee

I'm not sure how programming razor gear works but with my logitech mouse I can set a key to trigger a 'multi key' function, which is basically a recorded keyboard macro.

ZNgBDGy.png

Should be doable yeah. On logitech myself as well so can't really talk you trough it, but I expect it's similar.
Though I'll still say 100 times over, you want a microphone :)

• Like 1

Though I'll still say 100 times over, you want a microphone :)

Yes, this. Typing friendly in chat can easily be translated into "shoot me now before I shoot you".

• Like 2

I wish you luck typing, most will not have the patience to wait for a response so at least a macro would make a response quicker but even then no one usually trusts a mute. 

text chat -> friends in TS -> dead

ps. i love those funny stories guys make up to explain y they "cant" use a mic...

Edited by edwin3

I recently got a new set-up and one issue is that my mic isn't compatible with my tower. I decided to go ahead and purchase DayZ for the sheer fun of it, mic's aren't much of a necessity, I can still go round doing my stuff.

Then I realised that since I have a razer blackwidow chroma with 5 macro keys on the left, is there a way I can macro them so M1 types "Friendly!" in chat and so on?

Could anyone help out?

you can always do the torso back n forth "friendly" signal - 

It was more "acceptable" to type in the early days of the mod but using a mic is much better for a lot of reasons.

I can tell a lot from the tone of your voice....

when I don't have a mic on (which is most of the time) I just give a quick wave and continue on my way past and out of the area.  nothing says friendly like casual avoidance.

I used to try typing 'friendly' but would get shot in the forehead halfway through typing it.  and up until .59 the in-game voice chat hasn't worked for whatever reason.  so now I wave and I'm ready to sprint.

Edited by Red_Ensign

It's very difficult to play without a mic because people assume you are going to kill them and so they shoot first.  I wish you luck.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yes, this. Typing friendly in chat can easily be translated into "shoot me now before I shoot you".

Not to mention the time it takes to type instead of just pressing caps-lock.

Generally I don't trust people saying "friendly" either.

Say "Hi" like a normal person :)

It's very difficult to play without a mic because people assume you are going to kill them and so they shoot first.  I wish you luck.  :thumbsup:

I disable caps lock, because i don't want you to hear me accidentally, by pressing the key. As i am sneaking up on you to KILL you :)

I don't wait for a wave, i just clobber you. Then i make my way to another person and do the same.