Sign in to follow this  
Conrad_The_Comrade

So I Found An Offroad...

So, I've been on the hunt for one of the new vehicles in .59 Exp, and while travelling through the woods, I saw one hidden off in the distance. I was super siked, and sprinted for it. i get to it, and it had all the required parts, but alas, I couldn't enter the vehicle for I had just moments before switched over to the old ui again. So, I logged out, switched back to the newui, and tried to log back into the server by clicking play... It got full. So I spend the next 20 minutes trying to find the server I was just on, and I finally, after so much anger and annoyance, find the server. I load in, and hear someone hitting metal, so I'm kind of freaked out. I'm stuck in the darkness because of the horrid amount of time it actually takes to load in, fearing that I'm going to be killed while loading in. So after a minute of finally gaining vision, I see four people sitting there DESTROYING the vehicle, beating the living hell out of it. So here I am, ticked as hell, getting so close, but thanks to the fact that you cant do jack shit without the newui in Exp, and the horrid History list in the server browser, am having to start from ground 0 again. Needless to say, I just logged off, and am ranting here. (No, I'm not saying the game is broken, nor am I suggesting anything, this is just a story, and I know things will be fixed in time)

• Like 1

Was the car by any chance next to a pine tree or something? As I don't think the oldui effects interaction getting in and out of a car, just the interaction of certain parts of the car (spark plug interaction etc)

We had issues getting in the offroader a few nights ago after we stashed it next to a pine and had to chop it down to access the inside. Although this sort of made the issue worse as the car wheelied up leaving it still undriveable. After 5 minutes of shuffling tires on & off, we had her going again. Albeit on its own accord. It literally took off down the hill for nearly a whole km or so. It ruined the battery, headlight and spark plug but other than that she still drove fine. We moved on to find and fix a sedan after the lada got stolen from us a day later.

After many hours last night, we successfully got everything together in pristine condition and installed. We ran into a bigger issue than a few nights before. The sedan was undriveable even though the tyres and parts were pristine. It literally would not brake, turn or reverse, just forward. We tried relogging and getting everyone to try it out, no dice. The car was just bugged and nothing we did fixed it. It was painful after all that time searching. 

We just abandoned ship and left her there as time had gotten away. I haven't been back on to see if it is still there, but if it is, I will probably destroy it when I jump back on just to get another one spawning on the map for others to play with. 

This might help in a similar scenario. If you lose your server, close dayz down and go to your documents/dayz folder/yourname.dayzprofile. Open it up and scroll down to the bottom and find line

lastMPServerName="YOURLASTSERVERWILLSHOWHERE";

Should help getting into the server quicker rather than guessing which one hoping for the best  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

(snip)

WHY DID YOU NOT KILL THOSE SONSOFBITCHES!?!?????!

First rule of the apocalypse:  Don't destroy shit that you don't have the technology/skills to replace.  IT'S ALPHABETICAL!!!!

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 4

You can see the last / current server you joined in the Documents / Dayz folder. File is called "playername".dayzprofile and the last or current server joined will be at the bottom somewhere.

Was the car by any chance next to a pine tree or something? As I don't think the oldui effects interaction getting in and out of a car, just the interaction of certain parts of the car (spark plug interaction etc)

We had issues getting in the offroader a few nights ago after we stashed it next to a pine and had to chop it down to access the inside. Although this sort of made the issue worse as the car wheelied up leaving it still undriveable. After 5 minutes of shuffling tires on & off, we had her going again. Albeit on its own accord. It literally took off down the hill for nearly a whole km or so. It ruined the battery, headlight and spark plug but other than that she still drove fine. We moved on to find and fix a sedan after the lada got stolen from us a day later.

After many hours last night, we successfully got everything together in pristine condition and installed. We ran into a bigger issue than a few nights before. The sedan was undriveable even though the tyres and parts were pristine. It literally would not brake, turn or reverse, just forward. We tried relogging and getting everyone to try it out, no dice. The car was just bugged and nothing we did fixed it. It was painful after all that time searching. 

We just abandoned ship and left her there as time had gotten away. I haven't been back on to see if it is still there, but if it is, I will probably destroy it when I jump back on just to get another one spawning on the map for others to play with. 

This might help in a similar scenario. If you lose your server, close dayz down and go to your documents/dayz folder/yourname.dayzprofile. Open it up and scroll down to the bottom and find line

lastMPServerName="YOURLASTSERVERWILLSHOWHERE";

Should help getting into the server quicker rather than guessing which one hoping for the best  :thumbsup:

It was parked in the middle of the woods, I don't remember if it was actually next to a tree or not though, I only assumed it was because of the UI.

And thanks for the tip!

WHY DID YOU NOT KILL THOSE SONSOFBITCHES!?!?????!

First rule of the apocalypse:  Don't destroy shit that you don't have the technology/skills to replace.  IT'S ALPHABETICAL!!!!

Even though I did have a PM73 RAK, I didn't have the mag, only a single bullet chambered. And I was not going to go against the odds just because some very unkindly gentlemen were going about ruining my day.

You can see the last / current server you joined in the Documents / Dayz folder. File is called "playername".dayzprofile and the last or current server joined will be at the bottom somewhere.

Thanks!

• Like 1