Sign in to follow this  
Conrad_The_Comrade

NewUi Icons, How Do They Work?

So I'm trying out the newui (in .59 Exp) for the FPS increase (And holy mother of god is it beautiful), and noticed the new icons down in the bottom right hand corner. I played for a little while, without being able to tell any change in the icons. So, my question is, how do they work? What tells me if I'm hungry, thirsty, bleeding, cold, hot, etc. Will they change colors, will the "meters" (The filling inside) rise or drop? Am I just being hopeful and do they not function as of yet? Any help is appreciated.

(Oh and I did try and search this beforehand, but if I missed something that answers this, my apologies, but just hand over a link and all is dandy)

Edited by Stryker7x
  • Like 2

You got an FPS increase?

Do you have to know a guy? Because I definitely didn't get an FPS increase.......

• Like 1

You got an FPS increase?

Do you have to know a guy? Because I definitely didn't get an FPS increase.......

Yeah, I did. I had to try it out cause I saw a couple other videos about it, and it worked for me. (Don't hold me to this, like at all, but I think it has something to do with GPU or whatever)

Oh, and do ya have any clue as to how those icons work?

Edited by Stryker7x

Hi Stryker

The ui icons are cosmetic only at the moment. They do not update real time and give no indication where your stats are at. It is best to keep an eye out for the pop up messages letting you know if you are hungry or thirsty. I have been keeping myself stuffed mostly to stay out of trouble  :) 

Whyherro, the newui has increased my minimum fps all over chernarus. My gpu load has doubled whilst in the major cities (30-50% usage) and I have not dropped below 30 fps anywhere on the map. Apparently I know that guy  ;) 

• Like 3

You got an FPS increase?

I did monitor increase in one point. Here's my result that I posted in experimental discussion:

"The difference with the old and new UI for me is that new UI had 63fps and old UI had 57fps. Both of them drops the fps around 6fps when gear menu is open. Tested standing still in a very small village and no movement between the tests."

I confirmed doing that couple of times so there's increase in performance.

• Like 1

Hi Stryker

The ui icons are cosmetic only at the moment. They do not update real time and give no indication where your stats are at. It is best to keep an eye out for the pop up messages letting you know if you are hungry or thirsty. I have been keeping myself stuffed mostly to stay out of trouble  :) 

Whyherro, the newui has increased my minimum fps all over chernarus. My gpu load has doubled whilst in the major cities (30-50% usage) and I have not dropped below 30 fps anywhere on the map. Apparently I know that guy  ;) 

Awesome, thank you. I just hadn't gotten any messages during the time I played, so I didn't know they were still in. Guess I wasn't hungry xD Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

Awesome, thank you. I just hadn't gotten any messages during the time I played, so I didn't know they were still in. Guess I wasn't hungry xD Thanks for the help!

No problems  :)