atempleton

What Happened to The Remington 870?

The Remington 870 was confirmed to be added into Dayz Standalone over two years ago now. The WIP was released - and now over two years later we still haven't seen its appearance in game. Have the devs decided to not add it in now due to the MP-133 being in game as a pump action shotgun instead or something?

Valid question.

Maybe for now it's good enough for the shotgun category to have 1 break action and 1 pump action while they put the other ammo types in.

Here's the reddit on your question from a year ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2nirn2/what_ever_happened_to_this_remington_870/

I would just like to throw this out there: we need a SPAS-12. One reason really. Jurassic Park. That is all.

Still confirmed probably come out soon I want one with standard mag capacity so I can saw off the barrel. The m1 garand was confirmed to a loooooong time ago but not in yet. I'd rather have 7.92 Mauser cartridges because its more Europe on and just add the g43, karabiner, g98, a few other guns I can't remember. .30 06 is still nice.

Edited by DaNic2553

Maybe they didn't add it because it would mess with the lore no zed apocalypse would happen with a country armed with 870's lol. but really would love to see that and the m1 garand in game.

Still confirmed probably come out soon I want one with standard mag capacity so I can saw off the barrel. The m1 garand was confirmed to a loooooong time ago but not in yet.

M1 Garand isn't coming, that was just Dean's offhand response to some Garand fan. This one at the bottom was probably swapped for MP133.

Guns.png

I would like them to fix shotgun damage first before adding in anything new. Adding new shotguns in wont change the damage output issue there currently having.

• Like 1

This one at the bottom was probably swapped for MP133.

This is correct - Chris actually answered a thread of mine on reddit awhile back stating that this model was left incomplete because the MP-133 ended up receiving priority. It'll probably end up happening at some point, but there's really no incentive for it to be worked on now because besides the furniture it's basically identical to the MP-133 and serves no real alternate use (unless that's an 8 round magazine tube.) Remember that they're already working on the G19, FN FAL, Saiga 12K, M249, RPG-7, Recurve Bow, Taser, Dart Gun, and who knows how many other weapons, and even then weapons are only a fraction of all of the art assets they have to churn out.

Plus, the systems for properly reloading tube fed guns and manually utilizing a firearm's action are just now being completed, so why create unnecessary work making another shotgun that's going to be half broken when you can finish it up quickly without any problems after everything else is ready.

It's just time, is all. I can't really see any reason they'd let it go to waste and not finish it at some point.

I would like them to fix shotgun damage first before adding in anything new. Adding new shotguns in wont change the damage output issue there currently having.

The damage bug is unintentional - I know it's a tired response but the art team can't just stop working because there are bugs that make some of their content "unusable" (and I mean that in the loosest sense, because shotguns still work fine, it's just very hard to kill something with them.) Only severely gamebreaking bugs ever actually stop content from being worked on as planned, and even then they usually just try and fix it rather than halt the rest of the work.

Still confirmed probably come out soon I want one with standard mag capacity so I can saw off the barrel. The m1 garand was confirmed to a loooooong time ago but not in yet. I'd rather have 7.92 Mauser cartridges because its more Europe on and just add the g43, karabiner, g98, a few other guns I can't remember. .30 06 is still nice.

The problem with either cartridge is not that they're unrealistic but that the weapons they use are.

With .30-06 the only real sensible guns are hunting rifles, and almost all of them have a .308 Winchester equivalent, making the caliber pointless. WW2 American guns are cool, but none of them really fit (at least none of the ones in .30-06 do)

7.92x57mm works pretty well and a few WW2 guns that use it fit, but the problem is it isn't common in other types of guns. The Karabiner 98k/Gewehr 98 are fine, and you could probably justify an MG-34 or MG-42, but beyond that nothing really makes sense. And then the MG-3 in 7.62x51mm kind of makes that obsolete, so in the end it's just not worth adding it for the 98 series alone.

We really don't need that many more WW2 guns anyway. The SVT-40 is the only one I can think of in existing calibers, with the PPSh-41 and TT-33 included if 7.62x25mm ever gets added. An MP-40, P08, and PP/PPK would be cool too, but they aren't really necessary in my book.

Edited by Chaingunfighter