sneakydudes

This suggestion will stop most Server hopers

Then take off P=Players lists to increase unknown factor

and to fix the what if "8am" problem, change the code to lock the server until then.

Or or you could make the characters only on that server. meaning you switch servers you start over problem solved.

• Like 2

Or or you could make the characters only on that server. meaning you switch servers you start over problem solved.

That's called a private server.
  • Like 1

But then i wont be able to trade on forum here

Edited by Sperglord

That's called a private server.

But then i wont be able to trade on forum here

So then you would actually have to .... you know.... form a community on the new server! God forbid!

• Like 2

So then you would actually have to .... you know.... form a community on the new server! God forbid!

There will always be much less people playing on your private server than on the public servers so there's a smaller chance that i will make the trade I want 

Edited by Sperglord

There will always be much less people playing on your private server than on the public servers so there's a smaller chance that i will make the trade I want 

Such is life.

Breaking the back of server hoppers and ghosters >>>>> "getting the trade you want", any day

Edited by Whyherro123

What would taking time off of the server list achieve ?

I fail to see the logic.

• Like 1

I fail to see the logic.

People use the time of the server to  determine how long it has been since a server restart.

One character per server would also fix the problem and countless other bigger problems.

I fail to see the logic.

Logic is this bone boys because you haven't done it. (rightfully so why should you)

When the servers restart at 8am opens at 8:01 you hop to another server to get the heli spawns, and the best locations for gear.

It also allows the player to keep hoping around until they are decked out to pvp, or simply cheat to a different server (with hacks). Giving them the best gear in under 1 hour of search time.

By turning off the time, it stops the people from looking at the 8am lists.

1-2-3 people keeping hoping and by the looks of the servers we have a bunch of filled 30 man servers, and 50 man servers filled.

The rest are 1-0-2-3-4 people all hoping to gear up to return to the 30-50 man servers.

Hundreds upon hundreds of servers have 1-2-3-4 players in them. Not saying they all hop, but its pretty accurate to say its rightfully so.

PSO-1 scopes, some of the best gear available. M4, svd's. etc.. (current patch)

I have watched this for so long.

It was the best idea i had thought of since playing 1000 hours + you turn off the time, it doesn't show when the server resets.

Now the players in the list? that is another tool hopper's use, avoid contact, switch to another server to gear the rest up.

We all know Dayz has specific areas where the gear is. We all know its been this way for a long very long time. You hop to gear up to pvp in a different server.

I want this to stop.

The modded servers wont have this issue. Since the sql hive will no longer be of use.

This will only apply to the servers until release of the game and hosting servers.

So i thought its best to tell you the truth, i am not alone in this.

We as players, are pretty cool at figuring out things pretty quickly. It maybe a WIP but we find other ways to change the system but fast.

Today it changes, tomorrow we figure out a system that beats the slow progress of the game. So when the items become rare, then we might not have such a problem with time.

I want to see the game slow down, and have you join a server full pop but don't have the ability to hop to a different server and gear the heck up in under 1 hr.

If this system continues, it will be a WIP forever. We will beat your system in under 1 day. We don't need hacks or tools to figure it out, we just need time.

Truth be told, this should change. Turning time off, not only confuses the players from seeing 500 servers 0 pop and 20 of them just reset.

That's your honest problem.

• Like 1

Logic is this bone boys because you haven't done it. (rightfully so why should you)

When the servers restart at 8am opens at 8:01 you hop to another server to get the heli spawns, and the best locations for gear.

It also allows the player to keep hoping around until they are decked out to pvp, or simply cheat to a different server (with hacks). Giving them the best gear in under 1 hour of search time.

By turning off the time, it stops the people from looking at the 8am lists.

1-2-3 people keeping hoping and by the looks of the servers we have a bunch of filled 30 man servers, and 50 man servers filled.

The rest are 1-0-2-3-4 people all hoping to gear up to return to the 30-50 man servers.

Hundreds upon hundreds of servers have 1-2-3-4 players in them. Not saying they all hop, but its pretty accurate to say its rightfully so.

PSO-1 scopes, some of the best gear available. M4, svd's. etc.. (current patch)

I have watched this for so long.

It was the best idea i had thought of since playing 1000 hours + you turn off the time, it doesn't show when the server resets.

Now the players in the list? that is another tool hopper's use, avoid contact, switch to another server to gear the rest up.

We all know Dayz has specific areas where the gear is. We all know its been this way for a long very long time. You hop to gear up to pvp in a different server.

I want this to stop.

The modded servers wont have this issue. Since the sql hive will no longer be of use.

This will only apply to the servers until release of the game and hosting servers.

So i thought its best to tell you the truth, i am not alone in this.

I've been telling this suggestion since 2012 but people just don't understand... They are OK with people simply cheating the game

• Like 1

Its an indirect exploit, when you have the same gear in a different server. You die np gear up in under 1 hr.

It wasn't suppose to be like this, but we as players made it happen.

I want it changed.

Agreed on removing populations/times. 

Also, we ought to consolidate servers so that populations will remain high no matter where you are. 

PSS: Change loot tables and spawn spots - Or simply add more. 

eeh, but if i'm not mistakem, crash sites are (since a few patches) independent from server restarts, they just stay in one position for about 3h and respawn.

rest of the loot is persistent as well, so there is no need to join freshly restarted servers, exept to continue playing on it after the restart.

• Like 2

eeh, but if i'm not mistakem, crash sites are (since a few patches) independent from server restarts, they just stay in one position for about 3h and respawn.

rest of the loot is persistent as well, so there is no need to join freshly restarted servers, exept to continue playing on it after the restart.

That is exactly what I was going to say. People waiting to join after a fresh restart are simply behind on the current state of the game.

Server hoppers hate him...

As people above have pointed out though, loot isn't tied to server restarts anymore, it persists.

• Like 1

It would be easier to make Heli spawns completely random anywhere on the map, at least from my non-developer point of view as I am not sure how difficult it would be to code in. Ammo needs to be a lot more rare too, but that kind of change is easily done when all the testing is out of the way. It is probably beneficial for everybody involved at the moment to have every kind of weapon all the time to get the most use out of testers. Then when adjustments to the economy like this are made they are to a perfect game engine and you are not picking up broken weapons after searching for hours.

Edited by Konfucious K
  • Like 1

That is exactly what I was going to say. People waiting to join after a fresh restart are simply behind on the current state of the game.

Yeah, but if I'm correct, then you can use server restarts to see when the crash sites changed. Because a server restarts every 12 hours, heli changes after 3 hours, so with every restart there is a new crash site. Or am I missing something?!

But I be with the OP, no server time, no players (and no player list in game), but as others said private servers only would be the best solution.

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 1

No your not missing anything cap. Its true, every restart is exactly a new change.

For those that don't pvp, don't care... they will be huddled in the "woods playing with the woodpeckers".

Tree joke if you didn't get that.

Still the same apply to those people, they will hop when its convenient to them.

When stamina comes to game, we could reduce stamina to something very critical when reconnecting to a server. You can think about it as a long journey from one distant location (server) to another. So it's like a resource for travelling. You join the server very exhausted after a long journey. You can walk slowly, etc, even shoot, but you require some time to replenish the stamina and become fully effective looter\fighter. It may compensate both for loot farming and combat logging, maybe. Tell me what you think.

The answer is easy: The more Player on a Server the more Loot spawns and random Events happens.

So fresh restarted and empty Servers are just for beginners, but if u want top loot you have to go to highly populated Servers.

The 2nd Thing is that the loot spawn has to be changed: A entire Building get fresh loot and the doors are shut again.