Espa

INFECTED Updates/Improvements.

Infected Improvements  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Infected be updated with all three improvements?

• Yes, definitely.
    • Ehh. . I like the idea of some of this. (Will constructively criticize)
    • No, thanks.

Hey there! Just started my adventures in DayZ and already I love the zombies in the game while working on Experimental! I had just a few ideas to improve upon the current zombie system!

1.) Randomized Player Target

What I mean by this is, a random player character will be picked on the map and this will become a 'target' to a new zombie population that is solely built for roaming. How we could manage to do this is set up 4 or 5 zones in the large outskirts and have them consistently spawn a zombie every short while continuously that will proceed to head to THAT players' position. This would make it so that not only are there 'sitting' zed in cities and in the wild, but there's also zombies that are actively walking/roaming across the expanse to find the random player that they have targeted. 

--This should not make it impossible for a player to hide. . It'd be perfect if the 'target zone' was the immediate area of the player and not the character themselves, but either would instill a sense of being hunted. 

2.) Zombie Types

I realize that this is not Left 4 Dead or Resident Evil, but I do think that there'd be a lot of flavor given by installing different zombie types into the Hordes and the Singles out there. This would also work well with the Randomized Player Target that the zed would be given personality for. 

-To add to the populations of normal/running zed. . 

*Fat People Zed: There needs to be at least two model (One Guy/Girl) that exist in which the zed is a heavy-set individual and the zombie wouldn't be able to run after you, but are always extremely alert and hungry. . They can follow for a long time and have more durability. Are also extremely loud and obnoxious so you can hear them quite off.  

*Children Zed: It needs to be done. This would cross a lot of lines in terms of terror and horror for a lot of people, as well as bring the sickening factor of having to defend yourself from a little child zed. - They'd be extremely fragile, one hit durability, but run FAST and cough/giggle.

*Flavor Zed: This is more like adding flavor than anything else. These zombies would be positioned in clear spots on the map, randomized of course, but they would serve a purpose to both keep survivors on their toes even in the safer zones, as well as give more life-like representation of the landscape. - I think that there should be Priests/Nuns in or around Churches, Policemen/women walking streets, Zed hunters in the forest, corpses THAT GET UP. 

*Zed Wildlife: Most of what is known about the infection is mystery, but if it were possible to add in extremely rare cases of infected wildlife. . Maddened and murderous by the disease. I'm thinking like dogs, wolves, bears. . Etc. Very rare, but more things to watch out for. 

*LEADER Zed: Here's another idea to manage hordes. Make two or three models of an enlarged/more disgusting zed that serves as a nexus to other zed. They spawn on the outskirts of the map with a sizeable amount of zed with them (5-6) and they begin to automatically go towards the direction of one of the targeted players on the map. As they pass other zed, they can pick up size. These will always come after players that are chosen randomly and will cause players to need to hide, be stealthy, watch out in their days/nights as they may have a hunting party after them (albeit groaning and walking).

3). Two Zed Populations: 

Simply a reiteration of what I've already proposed, but I believe that if there were two populations of zombies in the game interspersed throughout the map/cities, there would be more complex decisions to be made by the player.

-Random Singles: Occasional spawns in and around the cities and wilds. These are meant to be largely alone and merely set to roam all through their given area, albeit intensely slowly. . But this would allow for Singles to even check through buildings and rooms. Are NOT affected by the Randomized Player Target system and run on an entirely different Hostile-Roam personality. (Can contain any type of zombie)

-Hunters: These zed would spawn on five points of the map outskirts and they would be given the personality to target a random player from the server and make attempts to walk to their area location and harass. This will keep players on their toes and on the move. (Perhaps a limit on them. . 2-3 for every player that joins the game, every hour 2-3 more are spawned in, and if another player disconnects then their zed party will move to another player).

((EDIT: Infected, Not Zed. Big whoop xD))

Edited by Espa
  • Like 1

i like your ideias for zombies, they need be more explored, the zombie's in dayz are too much slowly

Thanks! I'd really love to see the infected in the game become more fearsome in ability, mass, and appearance. It should be a scary decision to have to make to go into the city at night for supplies. . And also scary to stay in one place for too long. 

Bump! Opinions/Criticisms, please? I'd love to really help out in the community find things that enrich the game. I think that a focus on improving the infected variety and purpose would greatly serve to enhance the horror aspect of the game. 

If I became a master at avoiding zombies and hiding in bushes then the game simply cheats on me by making a zombie automatically find and follow me

Zombies randomly roaming the entire map would be better

Edited by Sperglord

If I became a master at avoiding zombies and hiding in bushes then the game simply cheats on me by making a zombie automatically find and follow me

Zombies randomly roaming the entire map would be better

Yep. I don't agree with "targeted" players but all the rest are great bunch of ideas.

To be honest the zombies are the only thing I have really ever been waiting for to see good progress happen. After 2 years of waiting I have learnt to be pretty patient and not believe too much of the hype when there is an update that's related to the infected  because to be honest at this point in time I have no idea how long before we will see the zombies even 25% of how we would like them to be.

I understand this is no easy situation and I'm by no means saying the situation looks useless, just wondering when we will see something seriously significant for the infected as a whole considering how close we are to the apparent beta 

I like you ideas but only disagree with the leader zed and hunter zeds but that's it. Personly I'd like to see zeds eating dead players after they kill them and ruin there gear slowly depending on wear there eating from. I also think there should be zombies that look like they used to be players there not technicly players just people that survived the main virus sweep but survived some time longer and got geared or a little geared but then turned because there not immune gear varity should be random and these beings rare zeds. I also think there should be NATO zeds that have NATO clothing on them that spawn at helis or in airfields.

• Like 1