Grumpy Cat

Persistence outside the Map

I'd like to know if persistence works outside the map area? After the terrain ends and the void of green grass begins. I've tried digging garden plots well outside the map, and that works. So, would it be possible to set up a little tent base way out beyond sight over the horizon or something? Seems like a good place to build a loot stash.

Also, how far outside of the map can you actually go?

I've run a few minutes, far enough so I couldn't see the map anymore before turning back.

Is ther eanything hidden out there? Seem to remember something about a development area long time ago. Is that real?

Edited by Grumpy Cat

I'd be interested to know, why don't you experiment.

Perpetually as far as the eye can see.

• Like 2

I'd like to know if persistence works outside the map area? After the terrain ends and the void of green grass begins. I've tried digging garden plots well outside the map, and that works. So, would it be possible to set up a little tent base way out beyond sight over the horizon or something? Seems like a good place to build a loot stash.

That's called bug exploiting. I doubt devs will make perssistance outside map.

It works in 0.58 --> https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/228804-persistence-in-debug-fields-yes/?p=2305836

Persistence does work outside the map. Why they don't make it wipe is beyond me. There is no end to the debug zone it just keeps rendering and rendering the father you go out.

Edited by LoveAffair

Whatever is outside the maps main boundaries doesn't just seize to exist... It is just an auto generated area so you won't see nothingness near the end. If you wanna go outside the map then do it. It has advantages and disadvantages all along.

might be viable until a heli is flying around, It should be instant death or a countdown with artillery or something if you go there IMO. All that map to hide in and folks have to be wimps and try and use debug plains.

• Like 4

Persistence has worked in debug since the beginning (of persistence in SA). I've tested this several x. Hicks said this was disabled an update or two ago, its still active.

Bone boys :)

Hicks said this was disabled an update or two ago, its still active.

In Experimental? I'm certain he meant 0.59, but I haven't had an opportunity to test it yet myself.

Ah, this thread reminds me of the good ol' days when skiddies in the mod would keep their tents a good fifteen-minute drive North of the end of the map and talk about how badass they were.

Oh god...

1- Kidnap player.

2- Place in truck.

3- Drive to the artillery zone.

4- Dump hostage and GTFO

5- Profit???

• Like 1