TedZ

DayZ is peaceful

A veteran, old-timer old-style gamer here, who just bought DayZ, and is downloading it right now.

I hope to help restoring the fame of ma generation gamer's, proving modern youngsters we are still capable of providing them a fierce concurrency, as their worthy opponents or rivals!

You are one of those who will be trustworthy, even though everyone is hungry and everyone see a can of bacon over there...

You are welcome to join.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MentalBurner

You are just like me until I started playing DayZ. I used to play console games like GTA IV & V, Battlefield, etc and DayZ is 100% different from all the console games I have played so far. DayZ IS brutal, harsh and VERY unforgiving (just like any regular game during the 80´s :P)

I am too, however, tired of the mentality of shoot first and ask questions later. But lets also see it from the other side as well.... In a world where you can not trust anyone (not even yourself), then you will only end up in a world where you can only trust the dead ppl. A dead person will never argue with you wheter to give or not to give you his best gear available, he will never backstab you in the back nor complain about hunger or silly things like that. He will actually quickly become your best friend for the moment (even though he doesn't say much)!

But from my own experience, I think DayZ is much more fun to play while co-operating with other players and I also find it more giving to try and interact with others first instead of only shoot them on first sight. Duche-bags WILL however be robbed and force fed with worms but they will always have a chance to run off, handcuffed and with a strange taste in their mouth...

Let me know if you want to tag along!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MentalBurner

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm assuming you're playing the Standalone? I've only got the Mod, is it worth paying for Standalone?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm assuming you're playing the Standalone? I've only got the Mod, is it worth paying for Standalone?

I first started with the mod for over 2 years ago and then,I started playing the standalone since over a year back. It is hard to compare the both versions since the Mod has vehicles and lots of other stuffs that are still missing in the standalone version but the standalone version will have all that stuff and even more pretty soon (like hunting for example). Wether it is worth paying for the standalone version while it is still in alpha is a question I always let everyone decide for themselfs. But if you are asking me personally then I would say yes, it is worth it.

I first started with the mod for over 2 years ago and then,I started playing the standalone since over a year back. It is hard to compare the both versions since the Mod has vehicles and lots of other stuffs that are still missing in the standalone version but the standalone version will have all that stuff and even more pretty soon (like hunting for example). Wether it is worth paying for the standalone version while it is still in alpha is a question I always let everyone decide for themselfs. But if you are asking me personally then I would say yes, it is worth it.

I've been toying with the idea of buying Arma 3 instead, the Arma 3 mod looks pretty impressive, you also get access to the Altis Life & Life mods which looks like fun.

I've been toying with the idea of buying Arma 3 instead, the Arma 3 mod looks pretty impressive, you also get access to the Altis Life & Life mods which looks like fun.

I will check them out for sure. Unfortunately my time nowadays is limited and I usually dont have time to test all the new cool stuffs that comes on a regular basis.

I will check them out for sure. Unfortunately my time nowadays is limited and I usually dont have time to test all the new cool stuffs that comes on a regular basis.

If you get chance check out the Altis Life mod on Youtube, Frankie has mad a few videos and it looks like fun, real players taking their roles as Police Officers REALLY seriously and pulling people over for speeding, LOL.

Hai I'm Senodog from the UK being playing this game since 0.49 and the mod for a few months now :)

Nice to met you all

Hey everybody. Username is I_Am_The_Bambi. I've put in quite a few hours in Dayz. Around 53 I believe. Do not like being a bandit. Although I do take great pleasure in taking out a bandit if I am threatened :) Just saying hello and looking for some new players to have an adventure with. Kinda gets boring doing it solo so many times. Send me a message if you want to go on an adventure. 

Hello! I'm vasikp1 and I joined this community because I'm a big fan of DayZ

Bye! :)

Hi Folks. Haggis here.

Me and my friends have been playing for a few months now and have accumulated way too much stuff!

With the upcoming wipe of characters and gear, I'm willing to start giving stuff away.

We normally play on Dayz UK 2-16 on evenings between 8pm and 11pm UK time.

Let me know if there is anything specific you need (such as an SKS) and we can arrange to meet and greet...

Also willing to trade items...

I'm [HUNT*]Aron73. All of us in HUNT (Helping United Nation Troops) do help anyone that's not a bandit. We do play carefully so if you see one of us please do as your told and you will not come to harm and most lightly walk away with food and water to last you for some time. If your an trusted friend then we can supply ammo for your current weapon but we newer give anyone outside of the HUNT any weapons.

To the bandits out there we newer approach an neutral player alone so keep that in mind if you plan to try and hold us up.

Hello Guys,

my name is FlashD and i like to play Dayz since the Mod is released.

Now i've got a YouTube Channel only about Dayz playing.

And a Steam Group for everyone who wants to play. Steam Dayz FlashD

Next time i will made a big Dayz Session with some other guys. If you will play with us, please contact us about steam or Youtube.

https://youtu.be/TSU4p3nNq38

Thx.

Cu Guys. 

Hi all, new player here introducing myself. Purchased the game last night after spending many weeks watching videos / reading articles about this game (and the fact that I recently sold my PS4 / Laptop and bought an epic gaming PC! :))

It has me gripped already and am looking forward to playing through the Aplha, hopefully towards a finished final product (whenever that may be - there's no rush - let's get it right!).

I'm 35 and have played games since the early 80s (when I was 5, was my earliest memory!) on an Atari 800xl, gravitating to the C64, then Amiga 500+, followed by the Amiga 1200 before buying my first PC in the mid to late 90s. I also played on / owned most consoles form that same period, up to owning a PS3 and PS4 most recently.

I particularly enjoy open world games (my first being Mercenary: Escape from Targ back on the Atari!) and the survival element of DayZ appeals to me greatly.

Look forward to participating with you guys on the forum and who knows, maybe meeting up with you in game. :)

All the best,

Matt...

HI EVREY ONE WARHAMMER SINGING IN IM PRETTY NEW TO PC GAMING AND IT'S BEEN LIKE FALLING IN LOVE FOR THE FIRST TIME 

Hello!! my name is Louis, 25 yrs old from The Netherlands, most of the time I play the Mod for around 2 years now.  I do have the SA but I enjoy the mod much more for now. So that's what I play the most.

Feel free to add me on Steam!!  Steam name: Wapkaak.

Steam Username cross2334 Dayz name ShadowGamer

I am Currently stuck on a balcony and cant get unstuck in a town near spawn on server loot loot loot loot (or something like that) send help will share all loot with those who help me am friendly till threatnd

Hey guys I'm Crimson! I just got back into DayZ, unfortunately all my friends have stopped playing so I'm looking for new friends to play with as well. I'm new to this private hive thing in the game, and most servers are now private, so any help with that would be great :) But anyways, if you want someone to play with as well, I'm here!

Almost forgot!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198122100607/ :beans: :beans: :beans: :thumbsup:

Edited by CrimsonK

Hi, I'm Nathan and I recently bought and started playing DayZ Standalone. I like to adventure and find new places and I like to collect loot and generally play casually. I am looking for some like-minded people to play with. I also want to give DayZ RP servers a try and it would be nice to play with someone else.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/nathanfitzi

I thought I'd reintroduce myself... I'm BONE! Hey everyone! haha...

Well I've been doing "life" for the past year and haven't made a single video since. I'm gettin' there tho, just finding time to balance gaming/work/life/fixing virtual audio cables to work with windows 10/etc...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to chatting/paying with everyone again! Feel free to shoot me a message any time :)

Cheers,

BoneJunkie

Hi everyone, I'm Chris, straight from Italy, Majork86 on Steam :P
I don't even know why I blindly bought DayZ without playing it first at least once, but I'm surely happy I did, at the moment ;)

I'm a stone worker in North West of the Tricolor Boot, singer in a metal band and getting use to "produce" a little with Ableton Live, mostly going to follow the D&B path.

I militate in Crownlake from October 2011, as one of the founders.

Just wanna spam here one thing for self-pubblicity, here's the link to our only video as now, prize for 4 years of hard working and investing (or spending?) money.

CrownLake - White Insomnia

Much love,
Find your truth.

Edited by Majork86

Speeding Mullet here - Lone bean carrier moving town to town, staying low and staying alive. Mostly....  

Been playing since the mod came out.  Those heart stopping moments when you haven't been watching a town or village for long enough before the loot run and walk round the corner straight into another player.  No guns drawn, friendly gestures and slowly backing away, or the quick reach for the sawn off?  Heart from resting to screaming in half a second - No other game does that to me, and it's good to convert my lurking into a hello finally!

Australia based and joining to feedback constructively on development, but also to see if there's any Australia based players that want to cross paths on the way to nowhere once in a while.  Adventures, risk, fun, danger and payoff awaits.

SM

i run the @BWAFlive twitter account , the BWAF instagram , and the BWAF youtube channels and am an admin for ALL the things smile emoticon 
if you ever meet me in game you know it will be me as ill be lagging accross the screen singing katy perry or pokemon telling you to join the facebook page with ben and the crew ...
im over 1100 hours into DayZ now (still getting lost everytime) i play CS:GO (badly) mainly with the OG BWAF crew but i love most of the games out there and will play pretty much anything 
i also drink a lot of pipsi 

• Like 1

Hello together, theSpike here.

Been playing DayZ for almost a year and clocked around 300 hrs, but never bothered with the forums until now.

My play style is friendly, when friendly approached, and I really like the interactions in the game, but I'm also ready for any kind of firefight.

Not really a big fan of pure PVP, but with the Zs gone atm there is a slight lack of alternatives.

If you're interested in some cooperative looting and gearing up for the fight/survival feel free to shoot me a PM.

Cheers