Sign in to follow this  
Anarchy_4_Life

Lack of everything

So I've started playing again. I've been out of DayZ Standalone for a while because I found it too difficult. And now I started again and it's easier but not easy enough. I've happened to find guns and everything, but no food or drinks. Even on empty servers.

Is this just a grudge DayZ Standalone has against me or does this happen to everyone? Or what is it?

Just you, food is really easy too find. I don't even have to hunt because I find enough can foods constantly. Look through apple trees, you'll find apples. Theirs a Well basically in everytown for water, and unless your playing exp. they work just fine. (in exp. thiers a bug you must have a canteen/water bottle to use the well)

This game is supposed to be unforgiving and cruel.  In my opinion it is too easy.

• Like 8

Yep way too easy in this state. It was never really hard. If you think it´s to difficult it´s maybe the wrong game for you because I bet and hope that it gonna much harder.

Well, if you stay on the coastline, thats your problem, you gotta move inland for loot. I'll only spend about 20 minutes in the game and already have a decent rifle and pistol with several dozen rounds for them, plenty of food and drink, and some decent camo clothing.

I've been on servers that have lots of food and drink but have also started on servers with little or no drink. For a starting spawned player, it all depends on which server you land on.

In addition to the wells where you can get ample water, you can find trees or shrubs that have fruit. Move inland as quickly as possible to avoid humans and get to less scavenged areas.

Consider adjusting your strategy if it seems too hard, likely you are looking in all the wrong places. Everyone starts on the coast, so food and drink are quickly consumed by a constant stream of fresh spawns, as you move inland you will find more stuff. Also, apple trees are your friend and provide both food and water in pretty much every settlement in the game.

If you have guns I really don't see why you can't negotiate some food off other players  :rolleyes:  no need to take an arm and a leg, but that option is there too.

Edited by Konfucious K

Go inland and loot residential buildings. Also look for wells and apple trees. These will be your best friends early on to deal with hunger and thirst. Ideally, for self sufficiency and non loot reliance (which isn't really necessary because food and water is actually really easy to find as loot anyway) get a water bottle of some sort, water purification tablets, charcoal tablets, rope and a knife to cut a long wooden branch off to make a fishing rod. That's how I normally survive off the land.

Funny, you say the game is too hard and I just wanted to create a thread that says the game is too easy.

Don't forget to become familiar with berry bushes also , they are lifesaver's at time's when you fresh spawn ....