AmazingAussie

All the official servers hosted by GameServers are offline?

They went offline on Sunday and they never went back on. :(

They're called like

DayZ NJ 2-18 (Public/Veteran/Persistence:ON) hosted by GameServers.com

DayZ AU 2-3 (Public/Veteran/Persistence:ON) hosted by GameServers.com

I was heading towards the camp - I don't want to lose my camp items due the servers going suddenly offline, I understand if they're wiped for next stable patch but this sort of camp loss just sucks :(

Yeah I used to stash my shit on a server like that and its gone now, but I lost interest after my bigger stash got plundered anyway.. probably gonna wait a few months for more updates now

Yeah I used to stash my shit on a server like that and its gone now, but I lost interest after my bigger stash got plundered anyway.. probably gonna wait a few months for more updates now

They're more reliable because they're not rented by players but hosted by the GSP so uptime is pretty much not going to be a problem.

I don't know what to do :(

Embrace the nomad lifestyle :)

Various members of our community had stuff on these servers and played there a lot.  We noticed it as well.  All GA (Georgia, IL (Illinois) and quite a few other entire server blocks are gone.

Various members of our community had stuff on these servers and played there a lot.  We noticed it as well.  All GA (Georgia, IL (Illinois) and quite a few other entire server blocks are gone.

And now there's not any sort of official GSP servers for Australians and I lost my camp along with that.

WA

NJ

SJ

Are all gone too.

Edited by Quackdot
  • Like 1

Monday has come and gone with no official word on what is going on, so I guess we get to guess.  My vote is Gameservers doesn't love me and took them away to upset me.  They hate me personally.

Reports are UK and AUS servers by Gameservers are gone too.  Would be nice to know why, I am crying on the inside.

I suppose this means that either their CONTRACT has expired, or that they have noticed BI's completely toothless enforcement of server hosting practices, and sold our official servers to the highest bidder.  I've heard theories that, when they need more capacity to rent out, they will lease out the physical hardware that was previously facilitating the "official" servers; which some folks like to use as stash locations, for their presumable stability and availability over time.

I quit stashing all together a few weeks ago when MPGS' US central 1-55 went dark.  I had nearly two dozen barrels, 6 trucks, and a military tent and car tent.  

Just googled, and found it to be back online.  Might go back to stable to see if anything I stashed is still there.

I suppose this means that either their CONTRACT has expired, or that they have noticed BI's completely toothless enforcement of server hosting practices, and sold our official servers to the highest bidder.  I've heard theories that, when they need more capacity to rent out, they will lease out the physical hardware that was previously facilitating the "official" servers; which some folks like to use as stash locations, for their presumable stability and availability over time.

I quit stashing all together a few weeks ago when MPGS' US central 1-55 went dark.  I had nearly two dozen barrels, 6 trucks, and a military tent and car tent.  

Just googled, and found it to be back online.  Might go back to stable to see if anything I stashed is still there.

They're not online for me. 

Edited by Quackdot

They're not online for me. 

My preferred server went dark on October 20, and I just now found it back online.  I had made an extensive network of stashes, and many of them were only a couple weeks old at that point.  i just ran through and checked on some of the most recent/frequently used barrels, and everything was gone.  I'm assuming that they haven't changed the persistence timers on barrels and pelican cases, but rather that the server was taken down, and then replaced in name only.  Bummer.  I hope this doesn't carry into the full release server behavior.  I'll not be a happy camper.

My preferred server went dark on October 20, and I just now found it back online.  I had made an extensive network of stashes, and many of them were only a couple weeks old at that point.  i just ran through and checked on some of the most recent/frequently used barrels, and everything was gone.  I'm assuming that they haven't changed the persistence timers on barrels and pelican cases, but rather that the server was taken down, and then replaced in name only.  Bummer.  I hope this doesn't carry into the full release server behavior.  I'll not be a happy camper.

If they never come back up I won't be playing DayZ until we're allowed to host our own servers, so I'll be responsible of my own camp.

yea when 1-55 went dark I thought all my goods was gone as well. but once the server did come back up the camp was still in place

If they never come back up I won't be playing DayZ until we're allowed to host our own servers, so I'll be responsible of my own camp.

You can host a server now, just pay for it.

yea when 1-55 went dark I thought all my goods was gone as well. but once the server did come back up the camp was still in place

When did you notice it come back up?  I stopped checking once experimental was released.

You can host a server now, just pay for it.

It's much cheaper hosting it on a dedicated server where I can use that dedicated server for lots of other stuff at the same time.

I can understand server hosts shuting down DayZ servers. If you look at the steam stats it shows a steady decline of players. I think this can be atributed to a slow dev cycle. Not much has changed and the things that most people want, vehicles, bases, persitant storage ect are still not in the game or barely in the game.

Servers mysteriously and without any explanation or communication back up, and all appear wiped for persistence for no reason whatsoever.  Thanks a lot Gameservers for keeping us updated and letting us know what was up, as well as for at least not deleting all of our gear, lol.

When did you notice it come back up?  I stopped checking once experimental was released.

after the November 11th maintenance 1-55 did not come back till about 2 days later ( thought you where talking about that time frame) but I see in another post I did not catch that it was the oct 20th time frame. yea on that one the server went dark for about a week or more not sure on time frame. when it went away I started to use a 2-1 server that I think was gameservers?

Monday has come and gone with no official word on what is going on, so I guess we get to guess.  My vote is Gameservers doesn't love me and took them away to upset me.  They hate me personally.

hy7knFn.jpg

So before this thread gets hijacked to suggest that DayZ is dying and that's why the servers disappeared, I'd like to ask: does anyone remember that thread, or perhaps those threads, which some time ago were complaining about how a certain server host frequently fails to investigate reports of ToS violations against its servers? Was it perhaps this Gameservers? I can't be certain, and I'm too lazy to find the old thread, but if I'm correct in my assumption, then it serves to reason that their contract was not renewed because of their lack of self-enforcement, or they were dumped altogether like a bad date.

Basically, a lot of players said they shouldn't be allowed to host because they had no interest in upholding BI's ToS if it came at the cost of some rental fees, and now they're getting zero rental fees because they've been dropped as hosts. I could be wrong, of course, and I apologise if I've mis-characterised their company.

But enough with the wild conjecture. DayZ is hardly dying. Stop panic-mongering and shit-disturbing. If I'm right, this is BI doing it's job and doing it right.