Zurvivalist

0.59 bug report

Ok So I know this is in the wrong section , and needs to be put into a bug report. Problem is , there is so much involved , I dont really know how to break it down into smaller reports to address each issue properly . So i came here for advice on it . ... 

Issues in order 

When on Experimental with normal settings, I get FPS flux, my FPS never stays steady, Just goes from 1-20ish constantly , causing frequent client freezes that last for a second or two.But is playable for the most part. ( Known Issue I think) 

When I use newui . Game is unplayable for me . 

To start , their is no Ping or PLayer count in the server select screen

uK0DIpy.jpg

Next , when i load in ( which all seems much faster) I get a error about unable to connect to hive

dE2Pl8d.jpg

Lastly , even though everything seems smooth , my FPS is super low , but steady , at around 5 FPS, And I have that massive low poly blocky bug that I can not remove with the normal FLUSH command, or changing like HDR settings or something. 

xPhVdti.jpg

Lastly , there seems to be a bit of delay when using newui when clicking menu options or trying to drag and drop things in inventory ingame ... 

the newui is a prototype and not recommended to be used. your performance issues cant be judged without any infos about your system. the delay is known and worked on (performance problems server side).

greets

• Like 1

almost sounds like you are still using specific launch parameters. remove any launch parameters and try it again. you can of course keep -newui if you feel like it but I personally hate that UI. 

• Like 1

Are your screen settings correct? At least in these photos everything looks really wide, I mean your guy looks like a barn door. If you have wrong screen size it will likely slow down your system even in the old ui.

I have tried all typical and normal troubleshooting steps that I can think of , or google/youtube my way through . To no avail 

No idea what the deal is with my screen shots, video does the same thing. But game looks fine and normal on my end when i play . 

I have tried all typical and normal troubleshooting steps that I can think of , or google/youtube my way through . To no avail 

No idea what the deal is with my screen shots, video does the same thing. But game looks fine and normal on my end when i play . 

Okay, just wanted to check, because a buddy of mine had performance issues due to wrong screen settings when he started to play Dayz. Your screenshot/video problem sounds weird though, wish I could help but probably you know more about it than I do.

Ok So I know this is in the wrong section , and needs to be put into a bug report. 

Then don't post in the wrong section, it will only get you into trouble.

Not a bug at this stage, this is most certainly a problem on your end.

#1 Remove all launch commands.

#2 Make sure you are running your screen at the correct system resolution (Native).

#3 Make sure you are running the game at the same resolution and correct aspect ratio 16/9(?).

#4 Make sure you have set the game 3D renderer to 100%.

#5 If not resolved post your system specs, including OS version.

Read me: https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153786-forum-rules-roles-and-guidelines/

#1 Remove all launch commands.

#2 Make sure you are running your screen at the correct system resolution (Native).

#3 Make sure you are running the game at the same resolution and correct aspect ratio 16/9(?).

#4 Make sure you have set the game 3D renderer to 100%.

#5 If not resolved post your system specs, including OS version.

1.Dont use any 

2.Pioneer Elite PRO-810HD Plasma Monitor 

43" Diagonal

1024x768

16:9

HDMI

3.Of course 

4.always

5.Currently on a back-up Pc which is very low end. But works well enough for stable 

Um7JMvv.jpg

Video is just a simple overclocked AMD Radeon HD 5450 

Over clocked to : 

GPU Clock set 690 MHz

Memory Clock set 683 MHz

Edited by J0nathan

1.Dont use any 

2.Pioneer Elite PRO-810HD Plasma Monitor 

43" Diagonal

1024x768

16:9

HDMI

3.Of course 

4.always

5.Currently on a back-up Pc which is very low end. But works well enough for stable 

Um7JMvv.jpg

Video is just a simple overclocked AMD Radeon HD 5450 

Over clocked to : 

GPU Clock set 690 MHz

Memory Clock set 683 MHz

Correct me if I'm wrong but 1024X768px in 4:3 not 16:9?

i can set my monitor to 4:3 , but it shrinks to the screen 

No you need to set your pixel ratio to something that adds up to 16:9.

1280X720, 1360X768, 1920X1080 etc. preferably the native pixel ratio of the monitor or TV you're using.

According to Google yours is a 1280X720px.

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/Pioneer-PRO-810HD.htm

But I have tried 1280x720 in the past and saw no real performance change. 

It's slightly more pixels so it wouldn't but your render wouldn't be stretched anymore.

Older/low end systems took a hit at least in populated coastal areas in.59 as far as I can tell.

I've been messing with settings all day today , rolling back and forth between stable and Exp. Can get everything running smooth on stable , even tried locking my config files by setting them to read only ( helped in A3 breaking point) But nothing.. 

Since the maintenance, its completely unplayable no matter what I change 

I can get good fluid motion on the character screen . But once in game it drops into that low poly render thing , Where its all 2d ish . 

For what its worth , I'm miles inland now , near a big field on the edge of a tree line. So , I forced myself as far from any towns as I could in the off change it was a draw issue . 

Few days ago it was at least playable, if you could deal with random freezing .. Hope these issues dont continue once its moved to stable .. 

Taken from the Steam Store page...

Minimum.
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 or AMD Radeon HD 5850.

and this morning i play just fine while the servers are low pop 

That's kind of pointing to my theory they changed the way information gets shared between clients and servers probably in the long term fight against desync. I'm passive/neutral and would flee trouble if at all possible so didn't feel to bad but my constant satellite lag always gave me an edge, now it seems like my client has to be accountable to the server and all other clients before it'll let me move.

I would love confirmation of that change if that's the case. 

something weird is going on for sure.. Never seen lag before in the client, On the character select screen and server window , when the player pop is high. Which seems to be what I'm facing now. 

When the player pop is low , i get no lag at all ? All of this happens before i even enter a server ? 

Did notice something off today while playing exp though. My CPU temp jumps up really high while ingame, Which is odd considering the amount of cooling I have on it. 
The RAM useage for ingame is less than what Google Chrome uses , but CPU maxes out and runs hot fast while my GPU is maintaining avg temps 

Taken from the Steam Store page...

Minimum.

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 or AMD Radeon HD 5850.

I mostly ignored this comment as it was irrelevant to the OP  ,As I run stable just fine .

It has always been the case that lower end systems will detect issues before higher end systems. as the higher end systems can simply ignore them or translate them differently . A lower end system will show you all the bugs first.