Sign in to follow this  
trojan42 (DayZ)

will i regret buying this game ?

Hello! I did just buy Dayz to tell the truth, i heard that Dayz is crowded of bugs and issues do you think i'll regret buying this game ?  :o 

Edited by trojan42
  • Like 1

At some point?  Yes, yes you will.  But if you're like me you'll get over it and start playing again or just wait till it gets better.  I can honestly say I've gotten my $30 out of it already.  If you're not like me, well...Steam does offer refunds now.

Hello! I did just buy Dayz to tell the truth, i heard that Dayz is crowded of bugs and issues do you think i'll regret buying this game ?  :o 

Only one way to find out old boy, play the game and see for yourself!

Hell of a first post..

The first time you get randomly "fresh-spawned" yes maybe you will for a minute or so regret buying into the pain. But even with all the bugs it's still a gem of a game if you can take it :) Just be ready to adapt and overcome.

• Like 2

I always concider buying games on early access as an investion.

Let's take Arma3 as an example: I paid around 20€ and barely touched it during Alpha and Beta (and didn't support the development with feedback either), but have spent quite a lot of time, since the official release.

If i bought the game the day it was released, i would have had to pay around 45€.

So it has been 125% profit in terms of investment for the early access phase.

But this works only for games you would also buy for the full price.

If you want a "petfect" game right away you won't be happy with DayZ at the current state. But if you can wait, or are willing to play the game in this state (and maybe even want to support the development with your feedback) you won't regret buying.

In additon: your purchase is an investion in the idea of the game DayZ, as you help funding the realisation of the project.

As others have said, you will definitely regret your decision at some point. You may have some fun, though.

Let me put it in numbers for you: I have 600+ hours in the game. I have 20 friends on my friends list with DayZ. One other guy has 150+ hours. The rest have less than 20.

Let's take Arma3 as an example: I paid around 20€ and barely touched it during Alpha and Beta (and didn't support the development with feedback either), but have spent quite a lot of time, since the official release.If i bought the game the day it was released, i would have had to pay around 45€. So it has been 125% profit in terms of investment for the early access phase.

That's not how profit works, dude.

• Like 1

That's not how profit works, dude.

Well, than explain why it's not please.

Usually you would say profit has to be money, but profit can also be in goods.

If i bought stockpapers for 25€ last year, and they'd be worth 50€ today, i'd have gained 25€ = 200% (=100% more than i had).

Ofc, i'd only have the money if i sold them, but i might be a company i liked and i always wanted those stockpapers. So if i wouldn't have had bought them back then, it would have happend later. (this is propably totally ungrammatical, but i think you know waht i mean)

Imho, but im not sure if thats actually the correct financial definition, profit is the difference in the value(P1;P2) of a good you own (might as well be money) that is gained over a period of time.

profit=P2-P1

So if the value of goods i own raises over time, i make profit. Sure, i can't sell it because it's on steam, but i never intended to do so anyways.

So if the value of goods i own raises over time, i make profit. Sure, i can't sell it because it's on steam, but i never intended to do so anyways.

Profit is money earned after expenses. You can say you saved money but you didn't profit. Only Steam and BIS made a profit on your financial transaction.

If you could actually sell your DayZ license after release then you would have made a profit. You can't, so you didn't.

• Like 1

a $30 game being worth it isn't a very tall order.  and the beauty of sandbox games is you can make the game be about whatever you want it to be about.

In the end NO, but at the start you will have doubts.

but 1 box of pizza, large order of garlic bread, = more then 30 bucks with a tip.

not that cardboard garbage pizza.

This is where people dont get it, its a large open alpha that moves towards beta and then release.

This is a current time in you dayz life that you come and go. Its a part of your steam package now.

You will get your $'s worth. First thing, spawn in, find an apple tree & some water. Then go grab an axe & find some un-suspecting bambi & whack him. Seems to be fun for alot of other players. OR you can eat & hydrate, head inland & explore. I've played more than 1200 hours & can still find things to do & enjoyment in the game. With the infected making a comeback, it will be lots more fun.

Yno.

• Like 1

Depends what your expecting.

You bought an Alpha version of a post-apocalyptic zombie survival game, keep that in mind. They warned you. So don't complain when random shit that shouldn't happen happens.

That said, no you probably won't regret it if and when the final release comes out. This is all speculative of course.

You're not playing a finished game, you're participating in alpha tests 

Your job is not to enjoy it but to report bugs and give suggestions

Therefore, If you think you will be playing a finished enjoyable game then you will be dissapointed

Op, you've posed a silly question. How can we tell you if you will regret it? It depends 100% on your perspective on the game. Are you really asking if we regret it? Your asking the dayz forums... The answer for us will be a no for the most part.

Be brave, play the game, and form your own opinion from your experiences. Ignore all else.

• Like 1

Yes. You will go to bed crying after spending 5-6 six hours gearing up only to be killed by some dirty KOS:ing squeaker kid whos then taunting you over comms. And after 14-1500 hours of terfilled nights you will consider your decision to spend a whole 25 or so euros on such a short but painful experience.

Wait for the finished game is my advice. And don't shoot people in the back like a coward.

After 1500 hours of tears you might consider not walking up to squeakers and trying to shake hands :D In a previous post you mentioned you approach people and try to act non-threatening. My preference is to be as threatening as humanly possible without killing someone, until i feel i have the situation under control a bit and can decide if they really are friendly  <_< 

• Like 1

yes some of the mst useless developers on this planet have made this game, the game itself is good but the bugs and game-breaking glitch's in the game are horrible.

Looks like with all of the responses you've received a sufficient answer.

DayZ is gooder as Hell. Buy it and enjoy both the good and bad experiences. (:

I haven't played since .54 i think it was last.

I wanted to experience much more then all that testing we did. I also don't want to ruin my experience with the hate for no zombies then yes zombies.

I want a more polished experience. Did my testing now taking a break from it all.

Well yeah if you're choosing between making money, dating hot models and at the same time becoming a great personality or playing Dayz then at some point in your life you will regret buying Dayz. Take a break to do those first mentioned three things, and relax by playing Dayz after that, and you will have no regrets whatsoever.

• Like 2

Maybe yes, maybe no.

A lot will depend on where you acquired the game, your internet connection and servers that are in your vicinity or close to.

As for the Troll,,,be gone.

• Like 1