Sign in to follow this  
omera

How do you quickly reload a 1 shot?

How do you quickly reload a rifle with only 1 shot?

I was under the impression that the ability to reload sinlge rounds was taken out in 0.59 exp. I haven't tried it myself, just saw it on TRMZ stream and there was talk about it and testing.

I was under the impression that the ability to reload sinlge rounds was taken out in 0.59 exp. I haven't tried it myself, just saw it on TRMZ stream and there was talk about it and testing.

In .59 if you put the appropriate bullets in your hotbar with the gun in hand you just hit the hotbar key for the bullets and they reload although I'm not sure if it was lag or unfinished some didn't seem to have an animation, not sure if snap loaders work anymore either.

With 7.62X39mm being found in civilian spawns it makes the izh18 a whole bunch less useless.

• Like 2

carry 2 of them

If you have 2 guns the same, you can't swap them. If you swap, the one you just fired stays in your hands.

This is because the inventory does not notice a difference between 2 objects of the same kind.

If you try to reload the gun in your hand, the game will tell you the gun (-in your backpack-) is already loaded.

To reload both guns you have to put one of them on the ground.

It's not faster.

xx

Edited by pilgrim

If you have 2 guns the same, you can't swap them. If you swap, the one you just fired stays in your hands.

This is because the inventory does not notice a difference between 2 objects of the same kind.

If you try to reload the gun in your hand, the game will tell you the gun (-in your backpack-) is already loaded.

To reload both guns you have to put one of them on the ground.

It's not faster.

xx

Haven't tried it in stable but as recently as .58 exp if you carried 2 (or more) loaded break action guns of the same type the one in your pack would act as a snap loader for the one in hand. I even carried 4 longhorns hunting for a bit in .58 exp. 

I think he was making a joke about that?

• Like 1

Haven't tried it in stable but as recently as .58 exp if you carried 2 (or more) loaded break action guns of the same type the one in your pack would act as a snap loader for the one in hand. I even carried 4 longhorns hunting for a bit in .58 exp. 

I think he was making a joke about that?

OK - interesting - I'd be surprised if it had been changed because its not a glitch, it's the way the inventory operates - bot cool if it has been updated. But also surprisiing.

I tried it with two sawn offs - got the opposite effect to you. Fire the one in your hand, then swap it for the one in your backpack, you'll find the one in your backpack is loaded and the one in your hand is not. This happened using hotkeys or not.

Put your empty sawn-off down on the ground, take the one from your backpack and fire it - put it back in your backpack, pick up the empty gun, load it - now the one in your backpack is loaded and the one in your hand is empty;

Load the one in your hand - the game tells you can't - "it is already loaded".

If you want to load both, put the loaded sawn off on the ground. Load the empty one.

Tried this through several variations.

OK so I stopped carrying two sawn-offs - it is the way the inventory deals with items; Same thing happens if you have 3 bandages (or three bottles) in different places.. there is no "easy way" you can take out one particular bandage or bottle, put it back, and take out a different one... it's just that you normally don't much care which instance comes into your hand.  Same with mags - people have the habit of combining to have full mags, so they don't notice this.. try it with 3 mags each with a different number of bullets in it - try to change out mags, then count your shots.

But if this has been changed - it is a big alteration to the basic inventory mechanism  ...; so really? - Do 2 sawn-offs "work" now?

xx

Edited by pilgrim

OK - interesting - I tried it with two sawn offs - got the opposite effect to you. Fire the one in your hand, then swap it for the one in your backpack, you'll find the one in your backpack is loaded and the one in your hand is not. This happened using hotkeys or not.

Put your empty sawn-off down on th eground, take the one from your backpack and fire it - put it back in your backpack, pick up the empty gun, load it - now the one in your backpack is loaded and the one in your hand is empty;

Load the one in your hand - the game tells you can't - "it is already loaded".

If you want to load both, put the loaded sawn off on the ground. Load the empty one.

Tried this through several variations.

I worked out it is not "a glitch", it is the way the inventory deals with items; Same thing happens if you have 3 bandages (or three bottles) in different places.. no easy way you can take out one particular bandage or bottle, put it back, and take out a different one... it's just that you normally don't much care which instance comes into your hand.  Same with mags - people have the habit of combining to have full mags, so they don't notice this.. try it with 3 mags each with a different number of bullets in it - try and change out mags.

xx

Hmm, last time I tried it it was just shoot the gun in hand and you got the reload icon for your mouse wheel click. I'm playing exp right now and not sure how the new system handles snap-loaders and magazines yet.

• Like 1

Hmm, last time I tried it it was just shoot the gun in hand and you got the reload icon for your mouse wheel click. I'm playing exp right now and not sure how the new system handles snap-loaders and magazines yet.

If my info is out of date - then "brilliant/great" & more power to BI. I am impressed;..  ok, I shall be impressed

For myself, on stable I can't ATM face chasing up 2 shotguns and sawing them both off to make the test again.. I will try that as/when they turn up, when next patch is in.

4 longhorns BCBasher??

Hmm, and I thought 1 longhorn, 1 scoped mosin, and 2 sawn-offs was.. much overkill

I like the "both barrels at once" option

seriously - 2 of the same (specially sawn-offs) should be a fairly cool rig, logically.. if you want to go non-military but armed

couple of sawed-off Mosins, couple of sawed off shotguns, plus a pump gun - should set you up as a Saturday Night Going to Town well-dressed man ?