Merc.

Chemical Grenades

Now with smoke grenades beginning, just dawned on me to suggest chemical warfare in the form of chemical grenades. I could see this being used by guys in gas masks to kill, disable, or force out a burrowed player in a building or something.

Thoughts?

• Like 4

What, like tear gas? Or maybe something improvised made with bleach or something?

What, like tear gas? Or maybe something improvised made with bleach or something?

Tear gas or an actual grenade from Russian crashed helicopters. Improvised would be impressive. Regardless though I just found this already being suggested under: 

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223840-gas-masks-and-tear-gas/?hl=chemical 

If an admin wants to move it.

Well, with bleach and ammonia in a glass bottle you can make a pretty noice "grenade" but you'd have to ensure that they were covered in it.

Sulfuric acid in a glass bottle/ booby trapped to spill from a door akin to the practical joke.

Then if MREs make it ingame, take the heaters and put them in a canteen and fill with water. Leave it there and you have a (major) delayed blast and diversion. And I mean major as in itll be a long ass time before the boom, not the quality of the boom :p

Edited by Owen.
  • Like 1

Tear gas would certainly be cool for nonlethal take downs and is pretty common in riot squads, so I'd say that's probably fine.

Other things would probably best be improvised though - I can't really see any reason we'd be finding CS Gas or other manufactured grenades along those lines.

• Like 2

What effect would tear gas have on a player?

Something like this maybe: red haze over the screen, mostly around the edges of the screen  with the top and bottom of your screen being taken up by blurry edged black bars. Simulating squinting through stinging eyes.

Would it be cleared with water? or even milk if that ever exists in the game? 

There is powered milk currently in the game, but I dont know if reconstituted milk is able to clear up CS gas...

• Like 1

Now with smoke grenades beginning, just dawned on me to suggest chemical warfare in the form of chemical grenades. I could see this being used by guys in gas masks to kill, disable, or force out a burrowed player in a building or something.

Thoughts?

Sure it would probably have effects like this

- Extreme Blurriness

- Losing Health slowly

- Coughing sounds

If you wear a gasmask then they the effect wont happen

• Like 1