Sign in to follow this  
Mukaparska

DayZ would probably be better without any military gear

It feels as if majority of players are only after good military gear and playing in areas close to military bases, of course understandably, since such gear supposedly gives you a huge advantage. Why bother wasting your time in places where you can't get an assault rifle or any better weaponry? Why bother wasting your time searching for empty barracks when you can just change the server until you find something? Why risk your gear trying to interact with others?

Of course DayZ has always had military gear, but it feels like nowadays most players have just gotten bored to wandering through cities with no action and with no proper weapons or gear nearby, and eventually they end up mostly looting military bases and KoSing people out of pure boredom. At first when I started playing, not long after the release of SA, I had tens of memorable encounters with people and awesome fights and firefights and memorable situations. Like once I met a guy who I played with for a while, until we found some new guys who claimed to be friendly, but one handcuffed me and then some completely random guy came and shot us all. All kinds of random events like that just stopped happening at some point last year. I barely ever see anyone anymore, and if I do, they are most definitely just bambies. Then eventually I get KoS'd by someone. It feels as if there's barely any "moderately" geared guys anymore, when in the past they used to be everywhere. Either complete bambies, or then fully geared guys with AKs and so on. I don't even remember when I had a good melee fight last time. Well, it's a long time since I shot someone as well, and he was most likely some poor bambi. 

Now, after having a 6 month break, I decided to give DayZ another chance. Once again. During these three hours I have now played on two different occasions, I yesterday saw someone with a gun very far away and heard a shot. Later I found the guy who he shot. Today I saw one bambi running. So basically, two players sighted in three hours after searching through three cities which two of them twice. 

Well, enough of that. IF DayZ wouldn't have any military gear, I believe it would be a better game. No such obsessive attitude towards good gear, and also the best gear would be a rusty Mosin in some small house in a village and a warm jacket, and those things are a lot more scattered throughout the game world than just few military bases. 

• Like 4

It feels as if majority of players are only after good military gear and playing in areas close to military bases, of course understandably, since such gear supposedly gives you a huge advantage. Why bother wasting your time in places where you can't get an assault rifle or any better weaponry? Why bother wasting your time searching for empty barracks when you can just change the server until you find something? Why risk your gear trying to interact with others?

Of course DayZ has always had military gear, but it feels like nowadays most players have just gotten bored to wandering through cities with no action and with no proper weapons or gear nearby, and eventually they end up mostly looting military bases and KoSing people out of pure boredom. At first when I started playing, not long after the release of SA, I had tens of memorable encounters with people and awesome fights and firefights and memorable situations. Like once I met a guy who I played with for a while, until we found some new guys who claimed to be friendly, but one handcuffed me and then some completely random guy came and shot us all. All kinds of random events like that just stopped happening at some point last year. I barely ever see anyone anymore, and if I do, they are most definitely just bambies. Then eventually I get KoS'd by someone. It feels as if there's barely any "moderately" geared guys anymore, when in the past they used to be everywhere. Either complete bambies, or then fully geared guys with AKs and so on. I don't even remember when I had a good melee fight last time. Well, it's a long time since I shot someone as well, and he was most likely some poor bambi. 

Now, after having a 6 month break, I decided to give DayZ another chance. Once again. During these three hours I have now played on two different occasions, I yesterday saw someone with a gun very far away and heard a shot. Later I found the guy who he shot. Today I saw one bambi running. So basically, two players sighted in three hours after searching through three cities which two of them twice. 

Well, enough of that. IF DayZ wouldn't have any military gear, I believe it would be a better game. No such obsessive attitude towards good gear, and also the best gear would be a rusty Mosin in some small house in a village and a warm jacket, and those things are a lot more scattered throughout the game world than just few military bases. 

As much as i like the idea of working for your gear that wont probably happen till after all the cogs are in place. Theres still so much in this game that needs to be refined and done before military gear can even be scaled back. Were in an alpha after all you have to remember that. So Dayz in general is nowhere near judgment of a completed game title yet.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 4

As much as i like the idea of working for your gear that wont probably happen till after all the cogs are in place. Theres still so much in this game that needs to be refined and done before military gear can even be scaled back. Were in an alpha after all you have to remember that. So Dayz in general is nowhere near judgment of a completed game title yet.

Of course, of course, and you know, the mistake has kind of happened already. But this game could be a better one if there wouldn't have been military gear in the first place. 

• Like 1

As Deathlove said, we are still in alpha, nothing is balanced now and will be changed in the future.

I hope that the quantity of military weapons will be significantly reduced. Especially weapons like RPGs, granade launchers and sniper rifles(VSS; SVD; whatnot) should be ULTRA rare.

But, at first the devs have to eliminate the duping glitches, I think.

Anyway the biggest game changer will be stamina related to wieght - I hope this will sort out the most problems and you have to choose - ammo or tools/ war or survival...we'll see.

• Like 1

@op - i dont agree with your major idea, but that doesnt matter much. imho, one of the many cool things bout dayz is the possibility to play how  you like. for your preferences id suggest to play experimental for now, as the servers are all set to 75 players (more encounters) and in general players are a bit less kosing. generally id suggest to seek a private hive with active admins, who support your gamestyle.

when mod support will be release well see many possible configurations.

greets

2iig6qh.jpg                                             

psychos with guns is half the fun of the game - even if you are a farmer

It would be a big pity if all the farmers moved to non-violent PvE private servers

and all the fighters moved to full-combat PVP private servers

There would be no game left

= End of DayZ SA

Teamspeak gives groups a huge advantage, and groups are 90% or 100%  military style players and PvP and killers

Farmers are generally solo players .. right ?

OK - there is no way to stop teamspeak

So farmers and PvE folk need a way to communicate with each other in-game, to make in-game friendships

This would even up their chances of surviving - a little.

??

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 6

As Deathlove said, we are still in alpha, nothing is balanced now and will be changed in the future.

I hope that the quantity of military weapons will be significantly reduced. Especially weapons like RPGs, granade launchers and sniper rifles(VSS; SVD; whatnot) should be ULTRA rare.

But, at first the devs have to eliminate the duping glitches, I think.

Anyway the biggest game changer will be stamina related to wieght - I hope this will sort out the most problems and you have to choose - ammo or tools/ war or survival...we'll see.

Well said, weight will have a large effect on how player objectives and styles. Likewise the game will be slowed down so you probably can't travel in one day to the airfield, or at least take much longer.

• Like 3

***** Yes, I know the game is not finished. Yes, I know there is plenty of work to be done. I KNOW*****

I believe that the game is 1) Far too focused on PvP in general, and 2) far too focused on gunplay-style PvP in specific. Let me get more into specifics.

1) "Far too focused on PvP in general.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like getting into firefights. I enjoy out-thinking other players. Coming away alive from a scuffle is awesome, and if you are lucky/good, getting their gear is even better. 

-However-

I bought this game for the "survival", and before you buttnuggets scream at me to tell me that "survival is against other players, too!!!!111??!!!". Yeah, no shit. But that shouldn't be everything this game has to offer.

PvP, for me, is any and all competition for resources between players. Looting food that other players need to survive is PvP. Taking medications they need is PvP. Hell, trading could be considered PvP, if you squint and tilt your head far enough. So long as you are competing with other players for survival, that is PvP.

So, to facilitate that, there needs to be actual scarcity. Not " hey, 2 bags of rice and 5 cans of beans in a single house". You should be concerned about food. You should be concerned about drinking water.  Infections and keeping wounds clean should be a major part of "down actions" between firefights. Firefights should happen for a reason, other than "because we met each other". Fighting over clean water sources, medication drops, etc. Right now there is so much of everything that players don't have to worry about anything. 

Secondly, the weather. Yes, South Zagoria is a temperate deciduous maritime climate, which is probably the second-most hospitable environment on the planet for human life. However, getting wet should be a big deal. It should get cold at night. Diseases should be more important than the current "almost nonexistant". More environmental threats.

2) "too focused on gunplay"

Yeah, I said it. This game is too focused on gunplay, to the point where other mechanics get half-done and thrown aside. Like, for example, the melee system, or the medical system. Both are completely inadequate for a supposedly "anti-game", being so simplistic where there is basically one answer to any issue. An axe for the melee system, and rags for the medical system. Yet ...... the melee system has been announced as "basically finished" and nothing appreciable about the medical system has been said in a while.

And all the devs do is gush about more firearms and the upcoming helicopter. Every new patch brings in several new firearms, yet 99.9% of the melee weapons remain as shit as they were when they were introduce. You can sit there and stab someone with a knife 15+ times, and they can still pull out a gun and kill you before they die

Do vitamins even do anything? How about the syringes? Every problem, with very few exceptions, can be solved via "slap a dirty rag on it". Infections? No big deal. Bullets to the gut? No big deal.

Oh, and certain firearms are, and have remained so, particularly shitty. There is a certain subset of firearms that get used all the time because they are the only ones that are remotely effective. Shotguns have been bugged to hell and back since Day 1. Half the handguns in the game are essentially useless, doing little more than insulting the targets mother when pointed at them. There are certain firearms that I am almost certain no-one will ever use, like the asinine single-shot 7.62x39mm rifle, due to the "inadequacy" of them compared to other, more-accessible firearms. 

-sigh-

I don't WANT to be this negative, but lately it seems like this game has been going in the "wrong direction". And, the playerbase has been showing it. Let us compare players in-game on a Monday afternoon, which is, granted, a rather slow time to be playing.

Day Z ~6,600

ARK: ~45,000

H1Z1: ~16,000

And those are just two of the various "Day Z clones", which saturated the market after the Standalone when EA.  And, I used to say that "Day Z is much more fun and in-depth than those games!", but .... they really aren't any more. 

And don't say " Wait for .59!". I am playing .59, and so far it looks to be more of the same old, same old. Guns, military loot, less-than-basic, bare-bones survival. The zombies are back in, but they aren't any more difficult to avoid.

Just getting burnt out on Day Z in general. And this was with taking a 3 month break from the game with .57 and .58. The soul just isn't there any more, it seems. Just more guns and more asswipery.

• Like 10

Of course, of course, and you know, the mistake has kind of happened already. But this game could be a better one if there wouldn't have been military gear in the first place. 

If it had no mil gear folks wpould just bitch and complain on the forums till they caved and added it. what they need to do is lock your damn toon to that server. all the work they are doing with CLE etc is just a waste of time if you can just server hop till you find what you want. PVP is all this game will ever be i assume i didn't buy the mod or SA for those reasons i wanted to experience life in an apocalypse against zeds with humans. so far not happening so hear i sit waiting thats all you can do. and modding OP will hopefully give us a hardcore experience or it will go the other way and you'll spawn with an M4 we'll just have to see.

And don't say " Wait for .59!". I am playing .59, and so far it looks to be more of the same old, same old. Guns, military loot, less-than-basic, bare-bones survival. The zombies are back in, but they aren't any more difficult to avoid.

Just getting burnt out on Day Z in general. And this was with taking a 3 month break from the game with .57 and .58. The soul just isn't there any more, it seems. Just more guns and more asswipery.

I can agree with this. Even in developer reports it still seems like the primary focus is player VS player rather than elements and other things to get the survival part of this game up and running. And this is one of the big things the game was trying to break away from with the mod.

Edited by Deathlove

Sorry to say it that way. Your opinion doesnt matter. DayZ is about that high end military gear waiting for players to be picked up at NWAF. It has been that way in the mod and will be that way in the future. Especially when high end loot and helicopters will be found a bit further north west from the airfield.

Wait for mod support if you want hardcore gameplay. Some people want full military gameplay and some people want a purist's experience and this is where modding comes in. You cannot change the vanilla gameplay because that will contradict the meaning of the word "Vanilla". Either suck up the fact players who are further than 1km from the coast are armed or wait for mod support.

Sorry to put things this way, but this is how things are and everyone deals with it, so you can do it too.

Personally I think .59 is a great patch loot wisely. It's far from being .57 and far from being .55 - It is overall balanced fairly.

Sorry to say it that way. Your opinion doesnt matter. DayZ is about that high end military gear waiting for players to be picked up at NWAF. It has been that way in the mod and will be that way in the future. Especially when high end loot and helicopters will be found a bit further north west from the airfield.

Wait for mod support if you want hardcore gameplay. Some people want full military gameplay and some people want a purist's experience and this is where modding comes in. You cannot change the vanilla gameplay because that will contradict the meaning of the word "Vanilla". Either suck up the fact players who are further than 1km from the coast are armed or wait for mod support.

Sorry to put things this way, but this is how things are and everyone deals with it, so you can do it too.

Personally I think .59 is a great patch loot wisely. It's far from being .57 and far from being .55 - It is overall balanced fairly.

If you think DayZ should only be about looting high military gear at NWAF then this game will always stay at 6.000 players and even slowly decrease

people left the game not because of glitches, lack of weapons or villages, but because of no survival and too much pvp

There are plnty of games who offer looting items and PvP 

For me DayZ was always about scavenging food and water while trying to not get killed by zombies, and interactions with other players were on 2nd place

Edited by Sperglord
  • Like 7

If you think DayZ should only be about looting high military gear at NWAF then this game will always stay at 6.000 players and even slowly decrease

I never said its only about looting. I said that the high end loot at the NWAF and I guess the common military spots will stay that way.

Thats one of the game aspects. Northwest is a dangerous place.

Don't take my words and turn them into bullshit. DayZ includes military gear. That's how it is, perhaps lowering spawn chances is something that can be done. Removing military gear or removing the PvP aspect of the game is contradicting the "anti-game" scenario. You're in a world with 49 more players. Find a way to survive, fear of armed players? Stay out of NWAF! I barely visit this place because I'm a noob shooter yet I don't complain.

As for player count decreasing, sure it is. Do you think the amount of attention the vanilla DayZ mod had in the end of 2013 is anywhere near where it was in 2012? No. DayZ and ArmA are games that depend on mods. When the new renderer is out and mods will start rolling in, the playerbase will multiply.

That's how things work here. The community wants change and new features which the dev team simply can't give the players. Take ArmA 3 for example, imagine playing it without mods - boring as fuck (well except for king of the hill)

Edited by StanleyWasHappy

^ As soon as mods become available, every server will become the same "100% regeneration, self-bloodbag, pay X to support server and get loadout kit FART NOISE FART NOISE FART NOISE" bullshit that the mod became.

Don't even say it won't. It happened before.

I never wanted there to be mod support in this game. It killed the original mod, to the point where most servers are running some bastardized version of Epoch.

Hint: Epoch is not Day Z

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 2

^ As soon as mods become available, every server will become the same "100% regeneration, self-bloodbag, pay X to support server and get loadout kit FART NOISE FART NOISE FART

I would reply to your comment, but I just replied to about 50 people who said exactly what you said. I'll just say that your statement is idiotic and people like you should not know why they are wrong and should not experience the great world of ArmA modding. Oh yeah, also PM Brian that he is a dumbass idiot for creating his shitty mod DayZ Taviana which is totally what you described and tell him to go fuck himself because his mod and contribution to the community is nothing. Oh PM dean while you're at it and tell him to go fuck himself because he created DayZ mod which made all the vanilla ArmA experience shit because people no longer play Vanilla arma 2.

Oh yeah, also PM playerunknown for being such a nerd and creating DayZ Battle Royale which led to the creation of the famous battle royale of H1Z1.

Oh yeah and also report IceBreakr for creating shitty islands which no one has ever gave a fuck about and it made people open custom servers for DayZ mod. I mean who likes Lingor and Panthera anyway?

Modding for DayZ Standalone has no potential and will not raise to playerbase to atleast 15k if not more... right?

Hint: Epoch is DayZ, Origins is DayZ. Battle Royale is DayZ.

If the only thing you see in moďding is Epoch and light server you're a sad person. You have never experienced the feeling of playing a good mod like Origins, Sahrani or Battle Royale.

Go educate yourself (Open up www.opendayz.com, where Brian Hicks is an admin by the way and this is where he posted his own DayZ mod) and express your opinion based on actual knowledge and not a fuck all mood. Also, stay off the keyboard when drunk. Alot of people claim they were drunk after they actually listened to me and used google for their first time in their life.

Edited by StanleyWasHappy

^ Hey, I touched a button or two : D

Nevertheless, go take a chill pill and cool down some. I didn't insult you personally.

Will there be "good" mods, similar to Taviana and such? Of course.

However, what will most of the mods, and most of the servers, end up becoming? What happened to the vanilla Day Z mod? Or, the other maps?

Epoch. Epoch and hacks. Around 2012, this forum, and Day Z mod in general, was little more than hacks and complaints about hacks.

Also, we are getting off-topic. Sorry OP.

While I don't agree entirely with the "remove all weapons" idea you've got, it must be said that the game has been ..... "too easy", for a lack of a better term. People come in, and they get used to ease of play. When the game is made harder, either intentionally or through accident. ( The .55 "Starving Time" was a result of a bug), they come to the forums in DROVES to bitch and moan, until the "easy loots" come back.

As a result, I can't really see this game getting all that much harder. Unfortunate.

Edited by Whyherro123

Mill gear needs to be in this game, taking it out hoping that is the solution to creating better player interaction is not really a smart way to do business IMO. KOSers, friendly mountain recluses and everyone in between needs to be catered for, and also these different player types need each other to make this game what it should be. These different player types enrich the experience of the other, despite at times it does suck getting shot (and more friendly players at the moment would go a long way!), it makes this game stand out above all others when you have that one char that should be dead already 10 times over.

That said mill gear should be wayyy harder to acquire, at least full auto weapons. I reckon if they tried these next few points for one of the experimental patches before release it might mix up the whole dynamic of the game and create a world with more natural and diverse player experiences.

1. spawn people absolutely anywhere on the map.

2. remove some of the larger tent cities and a few barracks from nwaf, then place them in smaller numbers of tents( like stary sobor size mill bases) all over the map in such a way that if you were to draw lines between all these points of interest,( im picturing "a beautiful mind" shed scene) you would have a lot of the map criss-crossed with player patterns. BTW im definitely not saying have way more mill loot just spread it out real good so it means you cant get a full set of mill gear without having been on the road hitting bases for quite some time. (also have the slightly better mill loot spots in interesting places, like having to reach the end of a quarry or big underground bunker FULL of zombies, incentivising killing zombie hordes is fine by me!)

3. find a way to keep increasing the player count up from 70 players to whatever the server can take.

4. implement a system that stops server hopping (or forget this and play on a private server), i dont know how, maybe if every restart the CLE had a set plan across all servers that it would only spawn an acog sight and makarov mag at stary, maybe .45 acp at mysikono, helmets and a svd mags at nwaf and so on... i think it would open up the possibility of trade among players on the road, say if i had picked up two acogs but met someone with a mag i needed. it would also stop people getting geared super quick and stretch out that feeling of trying to accumulate nice things for a longer period.

I think if they tried this it would open up the whole map to adventure for all player types, and meeting people at various degrees of geardness by suprise at buildings in towns or along the road i think would increase the opportunity for a bit of dialogue between players (i think increase the range of typing in direct would help aswell). geared people may feel more inclined to shoot all the zeds chasing a bamby in a random town and remove the 100%YOLO360WHooPwaLLRide mentality a little bit if there not constantly in that mindset of  "im in elecktro, time to blast the absolute crap out of everything thats moving". 

As for the argument "but thats how the mod did it lets just not change anything and go get icecream"... No... you stop it.  :D

edit: did someone just bash taviana here!?!... get the hell out of here and take your rusty opinions with ya!... fuck!

Edited by Salty seadog

First of all, there are many factors that contribute where the player base is going - the current, the maximum amount of players, is the server private or not? Those all contribute highly to where you can find "action". Your sample is way to short to form any conclusions I'm afraid. My friends and I roam exclusively in the north west and sometimes there's nobody there for hours upon hours on 50 man servers. Sometimes, a 25 man servers we encounter 5+ people in one hour.

But the most important part is that you never, EVER have to visit a mil base or an airport to "get geared" - a scoped blaze with an MP5 as a backup is something you can get running through any town, and it's a deadly setup. The best camo in the game - have to scrounge the coast for nettings.

Sure, some of the military weapons are versatile, but no matter how geared you are a blaze with a hunting scope will end you instantly from a long range. I can't count the amount of times I've killed guys packing automatic heat with a revolver or an sks - the advantages that you get from military armament are certainly there but the differential is minimal at the end of the line.

• Like 1

i disagree completely,

Its fun for most to explore and putting certain items on their to do lists.

Every one of us haven't experienced the end game yet. We don't know the next course of additions to the game yet. Building hasn't been introduced and game play PVP, PVE hasn't been completed.

Everyone of us have made the game either PVE, or PVP at this time. We all decided to PVP some or RP, each to its own. Basing it on something that is 1/4 or less introduced to us is flawed in your decision making. I would say vehicles are more a problem then gear. Gas is no good after a length of time. Aiming for specific gear, is no issue and basing it on that so early in the development is so flawed.

I am sorry but i must completely disagree.

***** Yes, I know the game is not finished. Yes, I know there is plenty of work to be done. I KNOW*****

I believe that the game is 1) Far too focused on PvP in general, and 2) far too focused on gunplay-style PvP in specific. Let me get more into specifics.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like getting into firefights. I enjoy out-thinking other players. Coming away alive from a scuffle is awesome, and if you are lucky/good, getting their gear is even better. 

-However-

I bought this game for the "survival", and before you buttnuggets scream at me to tell me that "survival is against other players, too!!!!111??!!!". Yeah, no shit. But that shouldn't be everything this game has to offer.

PvP, for me, is any and all competition for resources between players. Looting food that other players need to survive is PvP. Taking medications they need is PvP. Hell, trading could be considered PvP, if you squint and tilt your head far enough. So long as you are competing with other players for survival, that is PvP.

So, to facilitate that, there needs to be actual scarcity. Not " hey, 2 bags of rice and 5 cans of beans in a single house". You should be concerned about food. You should be concerned about drinking water.  Infections and keeping wounds clean should be a major part of "down actions" between firefights. Firefights should happen for a reason, other than "because we met each other". Fighting over clean water sources, medication drops, etc. Right now there is so much of everything that players don't have to worry about anything. 

Secondly, the weather. Yes, South Zagoria is a temperate deciduous maritime climate, which is probably the second-most hospitable environment on the planet for human life. However, getting wet should be a big deal. It should get cold at night. Diseases should be more important than the current "almost nonexistant". More environmental threats.

Yeah, I said it. This game is too focused on gunplay, to the point where other mechanics get half-done and thrown aside. Like, for example, the melee system, or the medical system. Both are completely inadequate for a supposedly "anti-game", being so simplistic where there is basically one answer to any issue. An axe for the melee system, and rags for the medical system. Yet ...... the melee system has been announced as "basically finished" and nothing appreciable about the medical system has been said in a while.

And all the devs do is gush about more firearms and the upcoming helicopter. Every new patch brings in several new firearms, yet 99.9% of the melee weapons remain as shit as they were when they were introduce. You can sit there and stab someone with a knife 15+ times, and they can still pull out a gun and kill you before they die

Do vitamins even do anything? How about the syringes? Every problem, with very few exceptions, can be solved via "slap a dirty rag on it". Infections? No big deal. Bullets to the gut? No big deal.

Oh, and certain firearms are, and have remained so, particularly shitty. There is a certain subset of firearms that get used all the time because they are the only ones that are remotely effective. Shotguns have been bugged to hell and back since Day 1. Half the handguns in the game are essentially useless, doing little more than insulting the targets mother when pointed at them. There are certain firearms that I am almost certain no-one will ever use, like the asinine single-shot 7.62x39mm rifle, due to the "inadequacy" of them compared to other, more-accessible firearms. 

-sigh-

I don't WANT to be this negative, but lately it seems like this game has been going in the "wrong direction". And, the playerbase has been showing it. Let us compare players in-game on a Monday afternoon, which is, granted, a rather slow time to be playing.

Day Z ~6,600

And those are just two of the various "Day Z clones", which saturated the market after the Standalone when EA.  And, I used to say that "Day Z is much more fun and in-depth than those games!", but .... they really aren't any more. 

This is a PVE person, or RP. Completely different then a PVP person. Each person in this game decides their fate. If they wish to kill you because of your voice then so be it. Myself i would use a bow and kill all of you. Just because i like to pvp. I also like to PVE. RP isnt my cup of tea, i dont like pretending to be micheal jackson.

Even if you take guns away, ill still make a bow and hunt you down. I enjoy the survival aspect of game play. If we all decided to do this on a different server, it is completely our choice. This doesnt involve you but your always welcome to try it.

However, this will all be addressed when we mod. You can play vanilla servers, this is completely your choice.

But you also have to understand there are many other players out there that will completely disagree with your game play. Some of us and looking at the majority of the servers filled to the brim, appear to want PVP. This is their choice, along with the choice to pick or find random gear. This is also based on the amount of server hoping trying to find the best gear for them.

I totally understand where you are coming from, but this is why Dayz has decided to go towards personal servers, and moding :)

Day Z ~6,600

Ill tell you why those numbers are different.

People are trying different games, to try the survival or PVP, PVE. I run a Ark server, as well as an Arma 3 server from home. We wanted all to try something different and people enjoy the new dinosaur game. Dayz will be much more towards the survival of infected. H1z1 is a knockoff of their own type and will fail period.... in the end.

You want to place bets on how many try http://survivethenights.net/for the first time?

Its not ready and its a small team. It will most likely pull numbers from ARK and defiantly from H1Z1. If it is completed before dayz, numbers will change.

So basing it on something you don't know the exact reason, throws negative feedback out there. People want to explore and steam also allows them to explore different and new games out there.

Ark is fun, in its own game. Would i place that over dayz.... gawd no its a different game. I also play Arma 3 and i also play some of these shoot em games. I just wish many more old Everquest MMO's get out there... almost ready to make my own EQ server soon out of years of boredom.

I enjoy those older mmo's and since nothing came close to that feeling i and so many others are paying tons of money to find that first MMO experience out there. Being 45 now, and all of us old timers are getting annoyed and think nothing will ever come close. The numbers are slowing down, all you see is game hoppers out there.

Edited by TheSneakyDude
  • Like 1

Interesting thread. So you guys just worked out that people dont all like the same stuff... gj on that. now you should see why the devs cant maker the game everyone wants,

I would reply to your comment, but I just replied to about 50 people who said exactly what you said. I'll just say that your statement is idiotic and people like you should not know why they are wrong and should not experience the great world of ArmA modding. Oh yeah, also PM Brian that he is a dumbass idiot for creating his shitty mod DayZ Taviana which is totally what you described and tell him to go fuck himself because his mod and contribution to the community is nothing. Oh PM dean while you're at it and tell him to go fuck himself because he created DayZ mod which made all the vanilla ArmA experience shit because people no longer play Vanilla arma 2.

Oh yeah, also PM playerunknown for being such a nerd and creating DayZ Battle Royale which led to the creation of the famous battle royale of H1Z1.

Oh yeah and also report IceBreakr for creating shitty islands which no one has ever gave a fuck about and it made people open custom servers for DayZ mod. I mean who likes Lingor and Panthera anyway?

Modding for DayZ Standalone has no potential and will not raise to playerbase to atleast 15k if not more... right?

Hint: Epoch is DayZ, Origins is DayZ. Battle Royale is DayZ.

If the only thing you see in moďding is Epoch and light server you're a sad person. You have never experienced the feeling of playing a good mod like Origins, Sahrani or Battle Royale.

Go educate yourself (Open up www.opendayz.com, where Brian Hicks is an admin by the way and this is where he posted his own DayZ mod) and express your opinion based on actual knowledge and not a fuck all mood. Also, stay off the keyboard when drunk. Alot of people claim they were drunk after they actually listened to me and used google for their first time in their life.

You are one angry little dude :huh:

On subject, if there wasn't any military tech, whatever was the best weapon left would take over as the feared overpowered weapon of choice. I think making military tech rare is fine.

• Like 1

^ As soon as mods become available, every server will become the same "100% regeneration, self-bloodbag, pay X to support server and get loadout kit FART NOISE FART NOISE FART NOISE" bullshit that the mod became.

Don't even say it won't. It happened before.

I never wanted there to be mod support in this game. It killed the original mod, to the point where most servers are running some bastardized version of Epoch.

Hint: Epoch is not Day Z

This is what I'm fearing. Every time there's custom servers in games, it goes the wrong way. Vanilla is more and more uncommon, and especially when players start decreasing at some point, there's too many custom servers and vanilla ones have very little players. Like in BF2. There was like 3000 players in 2010 and fucking two real legitimate ranked servers left where you could rank-up. Now there's zero. 

-However-

-sigh-

Day Z ~6,600

Wait, a helicopter? Really. I'm sure all the average Chernarusian people who are lucky enough to be alive can easily fly a bloody helicopter with no training :D Not even mentioning how such a complex machine would be safely operable. How many people would actually even consider trying to fly a helicopter in a real apocalypse when they have no knowledge about is condition or how it operates. 

You are one angry little dude :huh:

On subject, if there wasn't any military tech, whatever was the best weapon left would take over as the feared overpowered weapon of choice. I think making military tech rare is fine.

I think that's what most people fail to understand - it isn't the fact that we have "military" weapons in the game that makes people PvP, it's the fact that there are weapons and PvP at all that creates the mentality. Even if there were no weapons and you could only use your fists, I imagine that people would still get in large fights on the coastline or in high loot areas, because that's where they're likely to encounter each other. Granted, loot progression would be far slower (or faster, depending on how you look at it) and a lot less interesting, so you'd see more people leave, but I digress.

The idea is to find alternate ways of encouraging people to do other things, which the devs have been doing. That doesn't mean everyone is going to nor supposed to get along in any case whatsoever.

Wait, a helicopter? Really. I'm sure all the average Chernarusian people who are lucky enough to be alive can easily fly a bloody helicopter with no training :D Not even mentioning how such a complex machine would be safely operable. How many people would actually even consider trying to fly a helicopter in a real apocalypse when they have no knowledge about is condition or how it operates. 

Well, how many average people can shoot a plethora of guns with perfect accuracy (on their end - players can still have shitty aim and guns aren't perfectly accurate in any case, but the player character never has a problem lining up the iron sights or shouldering their weapon no matter what it is.) How many people can perform the wide variety of complex medical procedures in the game? How many people can make all of this random, intricate survival stuff (i.e. ghillie suits, bows, etc.) from purely wilderness materials?

The answer to all of those is not many. DayZ SA will have a pretty advanced flight system compared to A2, especially considering that it comes from a flight simulator, so don't expect that people will be taking off and flying around easy or anything. However, you have to suspend your disbelief for a lot of the game's content to be enjoyed.