jayleann

Drinking bugged?

I paused playing for a while and when I played on experimental today, I wasn't able to satisfy my thirst from ponds and lakes. Is that a known bug or am I doing anything wrong? I mean the animation is there (I cannot click multiple times, I have to wait until the animation ends) but it doesn't seem to add anything.

Wasn't working for me as well, although I don't drink from ponds because you can get sick - I just ate apples/berries and some cans to get my hydr. up - didn't get a chance to try bottles or canteens yet either

I paused playing for a while and when I played on experimental today, I wasn't able to satisfy my thirst from ponds and lakes. Is that a known bug or am I doing anything wrong? I mean the animation is there (I cannot click multiple times, I have to wait until the animation ends) but it doesn't seem to add anything.

Edited by tiadashi

Wasn't working for me as well, although I don't drink from ponds because you can get sick - I just ate apples/berries and some cans to get my hydr. up - didn't get a chance to try bottles or canteens yet either

I've been using canteens and bottles to hydrate.  I concur on the pumps not working for drinking from directly (haven't tried any standing water like ponds or lakes) but bottles and canteens are working.

Drinking form canteen works for me. Drinking from the tap directly seems to do very little. It got me off Dying of dehydration but never hydrated or even stuffed. I tried for like five minutes til I gave up.