Griz2

Suggestions for a good gaming mouse?

So I just ordered a new Alienware 17 R3 gaming laptop with most of the optional bells and whistles included. Yes I know that you can get more for less with desktops and I looked at several other laptops. This was just the best choice for me and I like to play on my couch or bed and I prefer laptops for their mobility, keyboards, and for ergonomic reasons, but that's beside the point. Anyway, while waiting for it to arrive, I've started shopping for accessories. I've already ordered a good cooling pad. Now I need a decent mouse. I looked at Targus and Logitech and some of the Razor gaming mice, as well as shopped around on Google.

I have been unable to find anything that I like so I'm hoping to get some suggestions. My biggest requirements are that it must be wireless and it must look like something an adult would use, not something that looks like the Power Rangers might summon a megazord with it. It also must be fairly small and ergonomic. I sort of want the look/feel of a typical mouse but with the performance of a gaming mouse. A tall order, I know. I'm willing to shuck out as much as $100 for the right mouse.

So, requirements...

- Wireless

- Of small/medium size

- Ergonomic

- Under $100

- Must look like it wasn't designed by an 8 year old

Pro gamers and computer gurus, help a guy out? Thanks.

Logitek for me, I've been using an original G5 for over 5 years and it's still going strong.

The software is good, I do everything with the programmable buttons, crouch/prone/up (+ & - buttons), lean L/R combat roll (tilt buttons),scroll wheel for scrolling  :D , B4 for reloading and more besides....

Not a fan of wireless myself so if I was going to buy a new mouse I would go for the G502, for you I guess the G602 is what you are asking for.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse-Battery/dp/B00E4MQODC/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&srs=2529810011&ie=UTF8&qid=1446605141&sr=1-2

wireless is nice, but it sounds like you're leaning toward performance.  that mostly means wired.

I have a deathadder chroma.  which is frankly overkill for me because I don't pvp or anything.  but it's incredibly responsive and well-made.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0086UK7IQ?keywords=logitech%20gaming%20mouse&qid=1446606758&ref_=sr_1_6&sr=8-6

hqdefault.jpg

This is the best mouse that I have ever used. Hands down. No doubt in my mind. I wouldn't ever buy another mouse should I ever have to replace this one. And that doesn't look like it will happen soon at all.

I bought this mouse around two and a half years ago and I have been using it ever since. Buying a gaming mouse can be tricky, since you want something that will give you lots of options for customization, feels great in your hand, and can also be good for using in non-gaming tasks. The G600 does all those things excellently, and I literally (literally literally) have zero complaints about this mouse.

It's $40 and I enjoyed this mouse far more than the G500 and G400 that I tried. But why should you buy this mouse? Lemme tell you...

1) It has a third mouse button clicker on the far right. This will spoil you and make it impossible to go back to any regular two click mice. What can it help you do? In Battlefield, I set this to swap to my secondary weapon like a pistol. It opens my inventory in 7 Days to Die or Minecract. It swaps my weapon in Guild Wars 2, it changes my camera from 1st to 3rd person view in DayZ. It lets me melee SUPER quickly in Call of Duty. It brings up my inventory in The Witcher 3, and closes it back up. In Garry's Mod it's my push-to-talk button. It takes a little getting used to, but having that third clicker there is so helpful I cannot stress how much it helps you do things super quickly and easily in games.

2) 12 programable buttons on the side! 12! If Jesus had this mouse, he'd have a button for every Apostle. It helps me swap equipment in an instant in games like Battlefield and Dirty Bomb, as well as quickly prone and crouch. In Guild Wars 2 and WoW it is super super super handy for using abilities and spells in a moment's notice. It's easy to get down the muscle memory and in the case of GW2, helps you to target enemies with abilities far faster and more precise than using other methods...and that makes you perform better in the game.

3) Sturdiness! Been using the same mouse for two years and it's never skipped a beat or had a problem. It isn't wearing out with the exception of some of the bottom padding, though it still works flawlessly. And with the exception of having to fiddle with a setting in F.E.A.R...I've never had to adjust anything regarding the EXCELLENT software that comes with this mouse...

4)Logitech Gaming Software is phenomenally useful and easy to set up. It lets you change everything from the mouse settings itself to progamming what games have what hotkeys and what functions every little button does. I cannot stress how easy this is to use, and it works very very well with other Logitech products like the keyboard that I also use, the G510s. Alternatively, what I ended up doing was changing the third click button to perform the "=" key, which is never ever used for anything, really, and simply setting in-game commands to the "=" key so I don't have to swap games or profiles in the software. So if I go into Battlefield 4 and change the "Swap to sidearm" key to "=", I can just press my third mouse button and Bam! out comes the Deagle.

5) Easy to grip and aim. It's easy to get used to the physical feel of the mouse in your hands. It's not a very large mouse, and I grip it sorta like a "claw". It's not uncomfortable, and aiming precisely at other player's noggins or selecting items and other things comes very easy to me. It's definitely made it easier to do well in fast paced FPS games.

I know this glowing review sounds like I'm a fanboy, but I'm not. I've hated some of Logitech's other mice. This one is just incredibly good and easy to use and it really will help you in games. It is study and reliable, the software is great, and your muscle memory will quickly build up to press all the buttons with ease.

Buy this mouse. It's worth every penny. It's a steal at $40.

Logitek for me, I've been using an original G5 for over 5 years and it's still going strong.

The software is good, I do everything with the programmable buttons, crouch/prone/up (+ & - buttons), lean L/R combat roll (tilt buttons),scroll wheel for scrolling  :D , B4 for reloading and more besides....

Not a fan of wireless myself so if I was going to buy a new mouse I would go for the G502, for you I guess the G602 is what you are asking for.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse-Battery/dp/B00E4MQODC/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&srs=2529810011&ie=UTF8&qid=1446605141&sr=1-2

I'm currently using a Logitech as well and I like it. But it's just some dinky old mouse for my dinky old laptop. Not even intended for gaming. I spent a good chunk of change on my new laptop so I feel like I should have a decent mouse as well. I do remember skimming over the one you showed me though I didn't look at it in detail, which is a shame because upon closer inspection I quite like it. Thank you for your input. I will likely go with that unless somebody else can come up with something better.

wireless is nice, but it sounds like you're leaning toward performance.  that mostly means wired.

I have a deathadder chroma.  which is frankly overkill for me because I don't pvp or anything.  but it's incredibly responsive and well-made.

I don't consider myself a competitive gamer, just an enthusiast, so I don't need the craziest most high performance mouse. I just want something of quality with a little performance that works for me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0086UK7IQ?keywords=logitech%20gaming%20mouse&qid=1446606758&ref_=sr_1_6&sr=8-6

hqdefault.jpg

This is the best mouse that I have ever used. Hands down. No doubt in my mind. I wouldn't ever buy another mouse should I ever have to replace this one. And that doesn't look like it will happen soon at all.

I bought this mouse around two and a half years ago and I have been using it ever since. Buying a gaming mouse can be tricky, since you want something that will give you lots of options for customization, feels great in your hand, and can also be good for using in non-gaming tasks. The G600 does all those things excellently, and I literally (literally literally) have zero complaints about this mouse.

It's $40 and I enjoyed this mouse far more than the G500 and G400 that I tried. But why should you buy this mouse? Lemme tell you...

1) It has a third mouse button clicker on the far right. This will spoil you and make it impossible to go back to any regular two click mice. What can it help you do? In Battlefield, I set this to swap to my secondary weapon like a pistol. It opens my inventory in 7 Days to Die or Minecract. It swaps my weapon in Guild Wars 2, it changes my camera from 1st to 3rd person view in DayZ. It lets me melee SUPER quickly in Call of Duty. It brings up my inventory in The Witcher 3, and closes it back up. In Garry's Mod it's my push-to-talk button. It takes a little getting used to, but having that third clicker there is so helpful I cannot stress how much it helps you do things super quickly and easily in games.

2) 12 programable buttons on the side! 12! If Jesus had this mouse, he'd have a button for every Apostle. It helps me swap equipment in an instant in games like Battlefield and Dirty Bomb, as well as quickly prone and crouch. In Guild Wars 2 and WoW it is super super super handy for using abilities and spells in a moment's notice. It's easy to get down the muscle memory and in the case of GW2, helps you to target enemies with abilities far faster and more precise than using other methods...and that makes you perform better in the game.

3) Sturdiness! Been using the same mouse for two years and it's never skipped a beat or had a problem. It isn't wearing out with the exception of some of the bottom padding, though it still works flawlessly. And with the exception of having to fiddle with a setting in F.E.A.R...I've never had to adjust anything regarding the EXCELLENT software that comes with this mouse...

4)Logitech Gaming Software is phenomenally useful and easy to set up. It lets you change everything from the mouse settings itself to progamming what games have what hotkeys and what functions every little button does. I cannot stress how easy this is to use, and it works very very well with other Logitech products like the keyboard that I also use, the G510s. Alternatively, what I ended up doing was changing the third click button to perform the "=" key, which is never ever used for anything, really, and simply setting in-game commands to the "=" key so I don't have to swap games or profiles in the software. So if I go into Battlefield 4 and change the "Swap to sidearm" key to "=", I can just press my third mouse button and Bam! out comes the Deagle.

5) Easy to grip and aim. It's easy to get used to the physical feel of the mouse in your hands. It's not a very large mouse, and I grip it sorta like a "claw". It's not uncomfortable, and aiming precisely at other player's noggins or selecting items and other things comes very easy to me. It's definitely made it easier to do well in fast paced FPS games.

I know this glowing review sounds like I'm a fanboy, but I'm not. I've hated some of Logitech's other mice. This one is just incredibly good and easy to use and it really will help you in games. It is study and reliable, the software is great, and your muscle memory will quickly build up to press all the buttons with ease.

Buy this mouse. It's worth every penny. It's a steal at $40.

I like that a lot. That's very close to the look/feel I'm going for. It looks like it would be comfortable in my hand. I don't need that many buttons but the third clicker is pretty neat. Too bad it's not wireless. I feel bad that you typed that much but you still made me laugh and hopefully it helps someone else because you seem to know what you're talking about.

I don't consider myself a competitive gamer, just an enthusiast, so I don't need the craziest most high performance mouse. I just want something of quality with a little performance that works for me.

I like that a lot. That's very close to the look/feel I'm going for. It looks like it would be comfortable in my hand. I don't need that many buttons but the third clicker is pretty neat. Too bad it's not wireless. I feel bad that you typed that much but you still made me laugh and hopefully it helps someone else because you seem to know what you're talking about.

I just copied it from my Amazon review.

But...why do you want a wireless mouse so much? Wired mice are superior.

I just copied it from my Amazon review.

But...why do you want a wireless mouse so much? Wired mice are superior.

I don't doubt that they're superior. It's just preference. Same reason I chose a laptop over a desktop. Just suits me better. I often drag my laptop from my bedroom to the couch to the kitchen table to wherever. The fewer cords I have to trip me up when I'm walking down the stairs in the middle of the night, the better. I know there's little logic in it, but it's like asking someone why they like their favorite color. They just do.

G502 from Logitech .... my precious. :)

But if you really want wireless I guess any of the wireless versions of the above devices are probably sufficient. In my opinion, it is difficult to consider any wireless mouse as a performance level device as it will always lag behind even the most rudimentary wired counterparts.

I'd suggest going with anything with an Avago sensor inside it. They're undoubtedly the best on the market.

Zowie: FK, FK1, AM, EC1, EC2

Razer: Abyssuss, Deathadder

Steelseries: Kana, Rival

Logitech: G400, G400s

Any of the above are top notch. Personally I'd recommend the Zowie FK1.

Edited by Mos1ey

I've got the older version of the Logitech G700. I like the feel of it and the extra buttons. Also, one really cool feature is that it can do both wired and wireless. I really like the Logitech software too, since I can set up different profiles for games and have buttons mapped differently. Overall, I'll probably continue to stick with Logitech mice. I know there are some differences in lasers and sensors and whatnot, but I don't play anything competitively so I don't think I need anything too crazy, and so far my current mouse has done a great job and doesn't appear to be getting worn out.

I'd suggest going with anything with an Avago sensor inside it. They're undoubtedly the best on the market.

Zowie: FK, FK1, AM, EC1, EC2

Razer: Abyssuss, Deathadder

Steelseries: Kana, Rival

Logitech: G400, G400s

Any of the above are top notch. Personally I'd recommend the Zowie FK1.

This is the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks.

As I am a left handed individual this may reduce my options.

I think ColdAtrophy recommended this brand of mouse as well. Apparently this shape is most ergonomic.

http://mionix.net/mice/naos-8200/

My new computer will be here within a week so, my hunt for the perfect left handed mouse is on!

Hello there

I too am a Logitech fan but I recently swapped to a Corsair Gaming mouse (wired) and have never been happier. I miss the tilt scroll wheel of my old mouse but ive not gone back to it or miss the wireless but I am desktop bound.

Rdgs

LoK

..//..

The fewer cords I have to trip me up when I'm walking down the stairs in the middle of the night, the better.

..//..

Well, if you want to game ...

ALL those hundreds and hundreds of times you miss by a fraction

Those times when that first click don't do nothing at all for some unknown strange reason

That Saturday night you come home for the big event and you forgot to charge up your mouse

sigh

Unplug your mouse to take it downstairs - love you mouse .. there is a reason real gamers connect by ethernet, never by wifi

there is a reason why your mouse has to be hardwired

you just HAVE to make that sacrifice, you owe it to yourself - I KNOW it's hard, dude.. but the Force will support you - bite the bullet.

It's NOT too difficult.. LIFT the rock, Luke

You KNOW it makes sense.

xx

I think ColdAtrophy recommended this brand of mouse as well. Apparently this shape is most ergonomic.

My new computer will be here within a week so, my hunt for the perfect left handed mouse is on!

The majority of the mice that I recommended are ambidextrous and designed to be used with the right or left hand without problems. :)

The only one that I can think of that is not (off the top of my head) is the Deathadder, which I would probably avoid anyway due to it being overpriced and using the same Avago 3310 sensor as the FK1.

As for the Naos mouse, the sensor (which I'm not actually familiar with), although it is made by Avago, doesn't appear to be as well reviewed as their others. It also doesn't offer a mouse4 or mouse5, which are pretty handy to have.

I am (obviously) in no position to be recommending mice to anyone, but in my quest to find a mouse I like, I came across the Steelseries Sensei. It's ambidextrous. My girlfriend is also cursed with left-handedness and she'll be using my laptop as well, so I was considering the wireless version of the sensei, which looks gorgeous. The price, however, does not, though I did manage to find them for about a $100 on amazon. They have a wired version of the sensei which is much cheaper but it's out of stock on their site. You may be able to find it elsewhere though. Not at all recommending this to you since I don't know dick about mice, but I'll leave a link so you can look for yourself https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice

Right now I'm sort of divided between the Logitech G602 and the Steelseries Sensei Wireless. I am still very open to other wireless mouse options and I appreciate the responses and expertise of all who have posted.

I am (obviously) in no position to be recommending mice to anyone, but in my quest to find a mouse I like, I came across the Steelseries Sensei. It's ambidextrous. My girlfriend is also cursed with left-handedness and she'll be using my laptop as well, so I was considering the wireless version of the sensei, which looks gorgeous. The price, however, does not, though I did manage to find them for about a $100 on amazon. They have a wired version of the sensei which is much cheaper but it's out of stock on their site. You may be able to find it elsewhere though. Not at all recommending this to you since I don't know dick about mice, but I'll leave a link so you can look for yourself https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice

Right now I'm sort of divided between the Logitech G602 and the Steelseries Sensei Wireless. I am still very open to other wireless mouse options and I appreciate the responses and expertise of all who have posted.

I've got a Sensei so I'm well equipped to advise there.

The build quality is excellent. If I was to judge based only on the feel of the mouse in your hand and the quality of the switches then it would be my favourite of the many, many mice that I've used but the sensor is pretty poor and you'd definitely expect better for the price. The difference in tracking between the FK1 and Sensei is unbelievable.

If you're dead set on Steelseries then go with the Rival. It's a much better mouse.

I've got a Sensei so I'm well equipped to advise there.

The build quality is excellent. If I was to judge based only on the feel of the mouse in your hand and the quality of the switches then it would be my favourite of the many, many mice that I've used but the sensor is pretty poor and you'd definitely expect better for the price. The difference in tracking between the FK1 and Sensei is unbelievable.

If you're dead set on Steelseries then go with the Rival. It's a much better mouse.

I'm not dead set on any one brand. I just like the Sensei because it's wireless and of the style I like. I'm not a competitive gamer anymore so I don't need oodles of performance. Just want something that looks nice, feels nice, and works well. The price is a bit of a turnoff and so is the fact that it's rechargeable rather than battery powered and that it won't work without the base nearby (yikes!) according to the amazon reviews. Those problems combined are a pretty big pill for me to swallow, but otherwise it's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm still on the fence about it.

I'm one of the four arrow key users and a left hand mouser, doesn't stop me from using a G5 when gaming.

When shopping photos I switch to being a right hand mouser.

I'm the ambidextrous, the mouse is an extension of my hand, be it left or right, nothing more.

Just ordered the Logitech G602 mouse and Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum headset. Thank you all for your opinions and suggestions.