avipt

State of loot spawn?

So i havent played Dayz in awhile, like 3 months ago maybe. Me and my friends quit mostly due to not findning loot. And im not talking about weapons and high end stuff. We couldt basicly play the game, i know i know we didt move far into the land. Well we did, we tried both private and public servers. It seems you have to log in right after reset.

with 0.59 any idea coming back? Seems like they are adding a lot of new cool stuff :)

• Like 2

I have never had a problem with finding loot. In any version. I mean, I just made a video of me finding food and a loaded mosin 30 seconds into spawn. Look in new places, not the main cities. If you did go inland like you said, there shouldn't have been a problem. One pass through a small mid map village can leave you set for a while.

• Like 1

you could wait for the next update for the loot to be fixed or try  the Experiment  branch.

Edited by Thumper1999

There was a time there where the devs reduced the spawning of new loot. They are still working on loot economy and can change stuff quite frequently, as it is still alpha, but nowadays it's quite easy to find loot. Join one of those servers on stable that are named with state initials in it. Most are empty of players and filled with items. Just have to keep searching.

But thats the thing, Im not a big fan of server jumping, i prefer the experience with the same server :P A few patches ago there was no problem, then they changed things around and well the current state happend. I dont blame them since its alpha and all, im mostly curious how things are at this point.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what the problem is.  I have played public, private, hipop and low, as well as populated 1pp only servers; and the loot was fairly consistent across all of my experiences with .58.  I don't want to say that you aren't trying hard enough, but it's either that, that you just haven't logged enough hours and you expectations are a bit high, or you have been exceptionally unlucky.

• Like 1

0.59 is probably near as it's on experimental, but if you play in 0.58 and have hard time finding loot, you might want to watch one or two guide videos about finding loot in 0.58, there are plenty of them and they could save some time for you.