boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

just going to go ahead and go on record as saying, To hell with cars, I never wanted them to begin with , and now that we got them , they are a waste of resources. 

Just fixed up my 3rd car. And of course bugs aside , which there are plenty of . They are not worth the time and effort . 

But to do my duty , i shall do a little list 

Vehicles Stuck at spawn points( cant be moved ) 

constant sound bug of legs breaking 

hit car with 3 grenades out of anger, car still running 

and that will be the last i bother with them , till we get horses 

Anyone else have this problem or know why this is happening? I have the same version as the servers are reporting they have. I verified file integrity and have searched for other reports of this situation but have found nothing. If I try to join a stable branch server I get a different error.

joining exp server; it attempts to join but then backs out to the server list and displays the following:

tcgNfuu.png

trying to join a stable branch server; it does not attempt to join and immediately displays the following:

xSTxF16.png

Anyone know what the deal is?

Anyone else have this problem or know why this is happening? I have the same version as the servers are reporting they have. I verified file integrity and have searched for other reports of this situation but have found nothing. If I try to join a stable branch server I get a different error.

joining exp server; it attempts to join but then backs out to the server list and displays the following:

tcgNfuu.png

trying to join a stable branch server; it does not attempt to join and immediately displays the following:

xSTxF16.png

Anyone know what the deal is?

Same here.

• Like 1

woo! nice to know it isnt just me. Im sure its a temporary thing. Im not sure I want to revert back to stable branch at this point though.

10) The RV1 RDS optic doesn't work either. If you hold it in your hands and look through the sight, you can see the red dot. Once it is placed in the MP5, the red dot is no longer visible whether the sight has a battery in it or not, whether it is turned on or off.

If any BI devs happen to read this and have a moment to respond:

Do I need to post all of these on the Feedback Tracker or is posting them here sufficient given the circumstances?

This is great info! It is always VERY much appreciated when stuff like this is reported on the Feedback Tracker.

• Like 1

woo! nice to know it isnt just me. Im sure its a temporary thing. Im not sure I want to revert back to stable branch at this point though.

Eugen fixed this already  :thumbsup:

This is great info! It is always VERY much appreciated when stuff like this is reported on the Feedback Tracker.

Yeah, I figured it would be best. I logged them all already or added a note to an existing ticket that brings attention to the fact that the bug is still present in the latest build number. Thanks for the reply.

• Like 3

Yeah, I figured it would be best. I logged them all already or added a note to an existing ticket that brings attention to the fact that the bug is still present in the latest build number. Thanks for the reply.

Ah nice, thanks a lot!

• Like 4

Ok , so its official ... I'm an ass. 

Seen a bus, scoped bus from a range, looked in good shape.

Seen player carefully looting and avoiding infected. Looked worried 

Went sneaky time on him.

Got close

Investigated bus. 

Perfect condition. 

Waited for moment , 

Guy runs into tent

Flash banged guy 

Shot guy in butt with suppressed 22 pistol 

Flash banged guy again..

Guy fires wildly , tries to blindly run but lost in tent 

Guy attracts lots of infected. 

Give infected a hand with 4 smoke grenades.

Steal bus ,, 

Bus sucks zombie butt

Manual transmission , neat idea, but fails to function properly .. and is kinda pointless feature 

escape with bus 

get annoyed with bus very quickly going up slight hills. 

ditch bus two towns over. 

Walk to next adventure like a boss 

• Like 1

Just a tid bid! I was having a loner session and having a blast, helped out a bunch of people instead of murderizing, then made my way to Cherno. . .

Holy God. .

My computer lagged hard for a moment and I was confused as hell. I dropped some settings to see if it'd help and the reload fixed it and upped my FPS by another 20 (So wootz there). . But there was a horrendous amazing scary nightmare waiting for me. .

I have never seen anything like this in DayZ before and it scared the shit out of me and I LOVED IT!

As I descended into the city casually without any worries as I was geared to the teeth with my complete military set, magnum, MP5, Winchester M-5 with Hunting Scope, and tons of food/bandages, what have you. .

Around every corner there were 2-3 infected. . And I don't mean just in the distance, spaced apart, staring like idiots. . These guys were moving. . and I suddenly noticed that I had been spotted by a group. Instinctively, I opened fire on the little maggots and laughed as they felt my blue steel. . Until I turned and saw that it had attracted Infected from EVERY direction and they were all bounding towards me and that I was in the middle of the city. I emptied a clip, switched to my magnum and keep going, but GOOD GOD THEY KEPT COMING!

I fell backwards like a noob off a high ledge and broke my damn legs. . Now shits really got me sweating. . They're ALMOST TO ME! I keep reloading and shooting these mofos while I'm trying to crawl into a building and finally, I shut the door on them. . But I know the other side has a door open too so I'm panicking. I thankfully have a Morphine on me and use it, but am bleeding all over the place and the screen is getting really gray. I run up some stairs and hold my ground as another 3 infected come up after me and I finish them off just in time to bandage.

There seems to be no movement, but I can still hear them outside moaning and groaning. . There are MORE out there! I'm like WHAT IN DEVIL! I eat and drink and silently watch outside the window as I see the streets still littered with the sick bastards just waiting for a victim. At my first chance, I get the hell out of that city and don't look back.

Has there been an extreme infected population change? If so, I LOVE IT! But Goddamn, I need to be ready for this next time. . I was scared shitless the entire time and had no idea this could happen. I wish I had taken a pic for you all, but I must have mowed down about 20 Infected and there were still tons more around every corner in that city as I was leaving. . I am exhilarated!

• Like 2

quote: ....I need to be ready for this next time.... lol...3 weapons and you werent ready?   :P 

• Like 2

-snip-

There was one build of Experimental 0.57 with an obnoxious number of zombies that really didn't seem to ever stop spawning unless the player(s) lost aggro. Sure, the server performance tanked pretty hard, but it was and still is one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had in DayZ.

I had an MP5 and BioHaze was using a RAK. As night fell, we rolled up on the outskirts of Severograd, chose a defensible position in a house, and then rang the proverbial dinner bell by shooting a few zombies that were close by. We heard a bunch of footsteps but it was still hard to tell how many were out there. Then, all of the infected outside of the house began to growl and screech at the same time. I have never heard anything as bloodcurdling in DayZ as that, and it was then that I realized we were not dealing with the usual. After dumping mag after mag into the horde for several minutes, the bodies began to pile up in the front entry chokepoint and bullets began to run low. BioHaze took too many zombie swipes and got infected wounds. We decided to try to force our way out of the house. He somehow shouldered his way past the infected blocking the doorway, but they immediately filled in the gap with more bodies, threatening to box me in. I started to wonder if we had instigated a fight we couldn't handle. I started shooting again to try to make a hole and as BioHaze was jumping the fence in the front yard, one of my stray rounds hit him in the foot ruining his boots and causing him to bleed again  I broke free and we ran our asses off to try and break line of sight with the now pursuing wall of infected. Once we got (relatively) safe in another house in town, we realized that he had taken too much damage, lost too much blood, and was unable to get Healthy with no shoes on. So, I had to go find him shoes and antibiotics by myself with a shitload of infected still milling about and all I had left was 8 rounds in my pistol. It took me about 30 minutes or so to creep around town and find the stuff he needed. It felt like 3 hours. I wasn't sure if we were both going to make it out of that mess and it was a pure PVE experience. 

• Like 5

quote: ....I need to be ready for this next time.... lol...3 weapons and you werent ready?   :P 

Dude, I must have used like. . double clips, a ridiculous amount of loads of magnum, and some snipes on my winchester. . But it was just me against this seemingly endless army of undead. I was tripping out hard xD

There was one build of Experimental 0.57 with an obnoxious number of zombies that really didn't seem to ever stop spawning unless the player(s) lost aggro. Sure, the server performance tanked pretty hard, but it was and still is one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had in DayZ.

I had an MP5 and BioHaze was using a RAK. As night fell, we rolled up on the outskirts of Severograd, chose a defensible position in a house, and then rang the proverbial dinner bell by shooting a few zombies that were close by. We heard a bunch of footsteps but it was still hard to tell how many were out there. Then, all of the infected outside of the house began to growl and screech at the same time. I have never heard anything as bloodcurdling in DayZ as that, and it was then that I realized we were not dealing with the usual. After dumping mag after mag into the horde for several minutes, the bodies began to pile up in the front entry chokepoint and bullets began to run low. BioHaze took too many zombie swipes and got infected wounds. We decided to try to force our way out of the house. He somehow shouldered his way past the infected blocking the doorway, but they immediately filled in the gap with more bodies, threatening to box me in. I started to wonder if we had instigated a fight we couldn't handle. I started shooting again to try to make a hole and as BioHaze was jumping the fence in the front yard, one of my stray rounds hit him in the foot ruining his boots and causing him to bleed again  I broke free and we ran our asses off to try and break line of sight with the now pursuing wall of infected. Once we got (relatively) safe in another house in town, we realized that he had taken too much damage, lost too much blood, and was unable to get Healthy with no shoes on. So, I had to go find him shoes and antibiotics by myself with a shitload of infected still milling about and all I had left was 8 rounds in my pistol. It took me about 30 minutes or so to creep around town and find the stuff he needed. It felt like 3 hours. I wasn't sure if we were both going to make it out of that mess and it was a pure PVE experience. 

This. This is why I play DayZ. I love that these things can happen. . My experience has reinforced my absolute love of this game. I survived heroically from crazy ass shit that belongs in a movie xD And damn. . I hope that things stay like this, or even become worse as your experience explains. It was just TOO much fun to deal with. . Players and the occasional surprise attack from an infected is cool and all, but I am loving this Horde effect. It's my dream for this game haha.

• Like 3

This STABLE is bugged? Every server i logon to resets the character, even if I connect to the same server multiple times. Anyone got the same problem?

Edited by Wh1spY

Hey, SMoss! 

All tires on a vehicle generally have to be pristine for the vehicle to move in the most optimal way. Double tires cannot be repaired still. I'm am noticing that the model appears to be pristine even though they say damaged.

Should the model look damaged?

Is the tire actually pristine and this was a temporary quick way to fix it for us?

Before I go ripping all the damaged tires off and looking for pristine ones, I'd just like to get some clarification.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm which build is on Stable and which is on Exp? Given the news, I didn't think Exp would stay up after the Stable update, but now it seems as though they are both up and might be running slightly different builds...

Dude, I must have used like. . double clips, a ridiculous amount of loads of magnum, and some snipes on my winchester. . But it was just me against this seemingly endless army of undead. I was tripping out hard xD

I didnt have good zombie fights in SA in a long time. Last one I remeber was last year, when there was SKS rifles and ammo in every red brick house. We were four in a group and went to Novy Sobor to check police house. I knew that was the nesting place for infected but I didnt tell anyone   :P

They kept coming until they chased us out of town. We had time to bandage and reload magazines, and had to fight again. We were retreating and had to cover each other when reloading. I played dayz mod a lot in paralel to SA but I never had experience like that. Not until Zombies&Demons mod came out for Arma 3. There was one crazy Lingor server, I think the best I ever played, where zombies spawned until you leave the area. It took us a week to learn how to survive for longer that 20 minutes. 

That feeling when you log out after 2-3 hours of fighting zombies and you want to wipe blood from your hands  but you realize it was only video game, I want that feeling in dayz again.

• Like 3

Can anyone confirm which build is on Stable and which is on Exp? Given the news, I didn't think Exp would stay up after the Stable update, but now it seems as though they are both up and might be running slightly different builds...

The one on exp will probably go stable after one last testing on 75 servers.

Experimental was updated to 0.59.131009 this morning. No change on Stable build afaik.

The one on exp will probably go stable after one last testing on 75 servers.

Experimental was updated to 0.59.131009 this morning. No change on Stable build afaik.

So are the Stable servers just offline until further notice then?  :huh:

Sorry for the format, I'm on phone and can't use full version Atm!:

https://mobile.twitter.com/eugenharton/status/678923509633064960

Looks like stable is offline but will recieve some sort of hot fix patch from experimental , wether it be the one tested over the weekend or the one being tested now is still up in the air I guess ...

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

Sorry for the format, I'm on phone and can't use full version Atm!:

https://mobile.twitter.com/eugenharton/status/678923509633064960

Looks like stable is offline but will recieve some sort of hot fix patch from experimental , wether it be the one tested over the weekend or the one being tested now is still up in the air I guess ...

Thank you, sir! Seems that way based on what I've been able to find.

YAY click 20 times to finally connect on a 74/75 server to receive... Connecting failed every damn time... I swear this game don't want me to play it lol ! 

Looks like Stable has been updated to the same build as today's Experimental. It would also seem Exp is going to stay up, probably for performance testing of 75 servers (and maybe other tests as well?).