boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Hi all, i've not played in a few months, just had a quick run. (30 minutes)

Not sure how it compares, maybe i was just lucky, but damn game seems set on easy mode.  Got well geared up (survival mode not FPS mode) in minutes, in fact in one small village on the coast.  I have everything i need to survive.  Just need to find the right ammo for the pistol and rifle i'm carrying.  If this is the norm it's disappointing.  No infected seen... man i wish 'hardcore' mode actually was more than just 1st pp.. i thought that was the original idea.

Lighting is looking good, especially night, enjoying my lantern!

Just jumped on after being gone for a week or so , Seems like Dual Core issue /bug is back again ? 

tried a few times tonight , just stuck at 2-3 FPS 

Just jumped on after being gone for a week or so , Seems like Dual Core issue /bug is back again ? 

tried a few times tonight , just stuck at 2-3 FPS 

For me it's fine except for FPS drop in bigger towns. FPS is sometimes going down to 3-4 from average 20-30 but not as constant as the Dual Core issue was. I think it has to do with Playerbubble or Players logging in.

Edited by Lordi0814

I have a quad core and my fps sometimes frops to 1-4 and it becomes a slid show for sometimes half a minute ... I might be experiencing the "network bubble" issue where when this lag happens it means someone else is close and our bubbles have crossed (kinky), but I'm not sure .

Experimental is always finnicky , I would put in a bug tracker ticket again for dual core just in case it isn't fixed but I think stable .59 when released will have no issue with the dual core fix .

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

I really love the fog effects in this game, and great atmosphere near the NW Airfield - unfortunately no action though on the 1st person server that morning.  ^_^

2015_12_10_00001.jpg

2015_12_10_00002.jpg

• Like 3

About lightsource in general like torches and campfires. Personally, I think it should be possible to see it at 800+ meters away - at the moment it`s about 100 meters before the lightsource magically disappears please look into it dev. team since we`ve no night vision goggles at the moment.

• Like 2

Props to all you people keeping it friendly this patch.

I said it earlier and I'll say it again: not sure exactly why, but people seem to be friendlier on 0.59 right now. Once upon a time, Experimental was observably friendlier than Stable, but over time that ceased to be true. Hopefully we're on the upswing again. That isn't to say that I haven't been KoS'd (because I have, at least twice), but the experiences I've had interacting with other players in 0.59 are some of the best I've had ALL YEAR. I've been killed, robbed, given gifts, repaired vehicles with complete strangers, defended a community garden in Berezino, gone hunting for a variety of animals, and so much more. It's a good time to be a member of this community  :beans:

I would be all for release of this to stable if .60 experimental with brand new infected spawn mechanic were close on it's heels. :D

Yes! Let's get on to 0.60 and the danger of zombies. We've only had 0.59 for a few weeks and I've already learned how to dance with the infected again, even several at a time, without taking damage. I want to be forced to run for my life ;)

Looks like we have two teams of four survivors here, I played with Tatanko, Garywalnuts and Dudester100 last night. I suggest we team up for next update (this one is pretty much exploited).

Imagine what desync will be with players from different continents playing together.

That gives me an idea... It might be too late now for 0.59, but during the next Experimental period we should totally have a competition. We could see which team(s) file the most feedback tickets, who can get the first [insert new item/vehicle/whatever here], and that sort of thing. We already tell some great stories, may as well add a little friendly sport to it  :P

• Like 8

Just need to find the right ammo for the pistol and rifle i'm carrying.  If this is the norm it's disappointing.  No infected seen...

So what - you played for an hour and seen it all? There are plenty of infected where I spawned in the north. And you'll be looking for that "right ammo" for quite a bit now, which is the point. You may be running around with weapons, but getting ammo is another thing. I don't have any problem with food being plentyful around the coast - beats picking apples for ten minutes - but I would like food to spawn much rarer inlands and the further north you go. The almost uniform distribution of items is what bothers me, not their availablility.  

I killed a guy that shot Biohaze with a Magnum at the Zelenogorsk barracks. Biohaze lived too. So KoS guys - 0, Us - 4

Soon he chased him down around a wall and took him out with the VSS.

The bastard ruined my jacket, high cap, and the scorpion that was in the high cap, but I survived.

I'm only mildly ashamed to admit that this was me.... I'm not a KoS fan and this was actually my first attempt at it (which I'm sure helped you survive!  >.< )    I was wrapping up for the night when I saw you guys coming down the road to the military area. I thought maybe I'd try to go down in a blaze of glory and get a fresh spawn for next week with my buddy who is picking up the game for the first time. Sorry for ruining your stuff, hopefully you got something useful from me, (though I didn't have too much). Either way, a fun way to end the night!  :)

Hopefully no hard feelings?

Edited by FatSheldon
  • Like 6

I'm only mildly ashamed to admit that this was me.... I'm not a KoS fan and this was actually my first attempt at it (which I'm sure helped you survive!  >.< )    I was wrapping up for the night when I saw you guys coming down the road to the military area. I thought maybe I'd try to go down in a blaze of glory and get a fresh spawn for next week with my buddy who is picking up the game for the first time. Sorry for ruining your stuff, hopefully you got something useful from me, (though I didn't have too much). Either way, a fun way to end the night!  :)

I think talking about KOS at military bases is utter nonsense from the start! If you go there, do you really expect to be talking your way through with people? No! Because, if they got there first, there is nothing good left and the only way to get at it, is through their backpack. I chased a guy from the military base near Kamensk, all the way to the holiday camp near Severo, where I tried to squeeze one off on him, but missed. I then lost him in the forest and decided he played well enough to deserve it. At military bases you live or die, but you don't get away with a chat. When there is a bigger group, they can capture someone, take his gear and leave him alive, but in a 1v1 or 1v2 situation you don't have that luxury. Certain areas are killzones and if you survive them, you should feel like you deserved it. I bet that guy yesterday was very happy he shook me off and he learned some valuable strategy for his future survival. 

Edited by S3V3N

Had an eventful and good night!

Part 1 

Got talking with Dudester and we were planning to meet up about half way in Pavlovo.

I saw a boar on the way and he was easy prey with the scoped blaze, I skinned him and took all of his boar loot.

By the time we met up near the Pavlovo military base, Tatanko was there and Igor-vk was one town away.

We made some quick trades with Tatanko and he went to meet up with some friends

*note* we were definetly not seeing the same things on the ground during the trade

I had to log off for a few but when I came back on TS Igor and Dudester were under fire from a stalker in Zeleno,

As I was rushing to get eyes on their location I saw a fully loaded bus in the middle of the woods!  

It sounded like they put the stalker down pretty quickly and Igor logged off for the night.

Dudester made a run for it towards the edge of the map where we met up again.

Part 2

I was red thirsty and red overheated (it seems to happen a lot more under newui, as you can't monitor yourself as closely)

We made it down to the coast and took a swim in the ocean, thinking about ... erm borrowing... that bus for a joyride.

After getting ourselves healthy we scoped out the bus for a few then made our way in, it was complete!

Getting it out of the forest was tricky and very loud but we made it back to the coast.

The plan was to cruise it up the western edge of the map and merge back in somewhere in the northwest.

I wouldnt do it this way again...

The bus isn't the greatest hill climber but I managed to do a lot of circling back, gaining momentum and flooring it.

At this point we saw a sedan and Dudester got in that and played Dukes of Hazard until she ran out of gas.

I was still trudging along ala Ralph Krampton

This put me into debug plains a few times to achieve the necessary velocity, with a rolling start I might clear a hilltop, or try again...

I started getting the hang of it, not approaching hills dead-on but on an angle was helpful.

Sort of a curve approach, as the rpm's decline so should your angle of approach to keep the rpm's and your momentum up,

this puts you an angle that seems like it might flip over, but it didn't, it just seemed to slide downhill a bit.

Anyway, this method lasted quite a while until I got to the map's edge hill just south of Sinistok.

That glitched black-hole hill that eats vehicles, I thought twice but didn't have much choice but to go through 

aaaaaand that's when it rolled over and continuously spun like a rotisserie chicken with me inside.

It ended up on it's side, somehow I survived but I knew the bus was doomed to respawn in some random place.

Kind of a waste really, I'd highly caution against that route but it was fun for a joyride.

We saw several cars along the western edge too, in the treelines, Pavlova to Sinistok,

another fully loaded bus stuck in some trees and one lada.

If anyone was wondering where all of the cars went ... I'd bet it's the same on most servers.

Part 3

We were both hungry and thirsty at this point and so headed towards Sinistok to get healthy,

after a noob mistake of forgetting to fill up our canteens we made our way back south towards the sedan with a gas can.

It was a long run along the maps edge back, and we started heating up, so at first we just wanted to cool off

but by the time we got near the coast we were overheated, dehydrated and hungry.

(That newui really changes things, when you're not accustomed to it - it adds some random difficulty)

it felt like .56 in the sense that even with a good kit you suddenly find yourself on the brink of death.

I was red dying of dehydration, red overheated and red hungry, this precipitated my decision to eat uncooked boar lard.

maybe it would sustain me to the well at Kamenka and I could shake of the inevitable sickness later.

I made it another 1000 meters, about at the gas station west of Kamenka where I dropped unconscious with a funny taste in my mouth.

Dudester took the gas can and reached the Kamenka well where he drank and filled up the gas can with water.

He came back quickly and spam-forcefed me 25 liters of water, which got me vomiting twice, he even tried an epipen.

Unfortunately even an enthusiastic Dudester with his bag of tricks couldn't revive me. 

Yet another fun night of randomness, uncertainty and death in Chernarus.

This time chugging on the dirty end of a gas can, a few thousand meters from salvation.

a few screenies

wC9Kce8.jpg

BkZEmWn.jpg

l7EIMBh.jpg

• Like 4

No one cared to take any of your gear.

No hard feelings on my end.... you died, I didn't. But next time you want suicide by survivor, feel free to choose someone else.

I replaced everything but my M65 jacket, which is going to be tough to find again.

I think talking about KOS at military bases is utter nonsense from the start! If you go there, do you really expect to be talking your way through with people? No! Because, if they got there first, there is nothing good left and the only way to get at it, is through their backpack. I chased a guy from the military base near Kamensk, all the way to the holiday camp near Severo, where I tried to squeeze one off on him, but missed. I then lost him in the forest and decided he played well enough to deserve it. At military bases you live or die, but you don't get away with a chat. When there is a bigger group, they can capture someone, take his gear and leave him alive, but in a 1v1 or 1v2 situation you don't have that luxury. Certain areas are killzones and if you survive them, you should feel like you deserved it. I bet that guy yesterday was very happy he shook me off and he learned some valuable strategy for his future survival. 

I do not agree with you here S3V3N.

If you get to a base before me and I see you first, I leave you to it.

I'm not so greedy or desperate for loot ever.

Cold and I watched as 2 half geared guys entered Myshkino the other day.

We both had scopes and probably could have taken them out with little effort but instead we left them to loot in peace and moved on.

My list for reasons to KoS is likely much smaller than yours.

^If I am to be honest, this is one of my only reservations about playing with larger groups of random people.

Invariably someone is going to decide for the rest of us when it's ok to invite incoming bullets and some of us may not agree after the fact.

This could cause dissension in the ranks and a possible falling out, something I want to avoid.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

Hey guys, thanks again so much for using the TS. I'm so very happy to bring a lot of us together while we play. Lots of great screen shots and input being shared.

With that said, I will be on tonight around 6:00 PM CST and later. Hope some of you can make it as it would be an honor to play along side you guys. 

• Like 4

Hey guys, thanks again so much for using the TS. I'm so very happy to bring a lot of us together while we play. Lots of great screen shots and input being shared.

With that said, I will be on tonight around 6:00 PM CST and later. Hope some of you can make it as it would be an honor to play along side you guys. 

Count me in!  ;)

I guess they are pushing this build to Stable today. 

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

I do not agree with you here S3V3N.

If you get to a base before me and I see you first, I leave you to it.

I'm not so greedy or desperate for loot ever.

This could cause dissension in the ranks and a possible falling out, something I want to avoid.

I'm not greedy, I'm a collector ;) I often need days or even weeks to get a rifle assembled in pristine parts and if some dude is picking up all the magazines at the airfield and runs away from me, I sure as hell chase him to world's end. I have an AKM with a pristine Kashtan sitting in my tent for at least a week now, because I can't find a magazine for it. 

I obviously missed that guy I mentioned and he got away, as did many others.If he'd left anything in the barracks, I wouldn't have chased him anyway. I'm not a great shot and I don't snipe. I don't play much with a group like you do, so I can't hope for strength in numbers when I go to an airfield. In a good group you can afford to try and reason with people even when on the airfield. That's not to say I haven't made friends at airfields or military bases, but only after we exchanged a conversation through bullets and decided none of us needed to die. I don't want people to treat me as a bambi on the airfield either, it would feel too much like charity. This is the difference between the lonewolf and the group experience.

My post history shows I have many friendly interactions, but there's a place for both. It's almost never KoS either as the other person usually has seen me too and either tries to charge me himself or tries to make a getaway. Without ranged weapons I have to get up close, each time. Some of the best fights I've had were about anticipating where a person would run to. It's strategically important to think about this and it's actually really hard to keep track of people on the run, so it's quite satisfying when a plan comes together. A hunt is a hunt to me, no matter if it's deer or people. Except people can chose to fight back. It's not like chasing a guy automatically means I'll be victorious. If I chose to go on a manhunt, chances are I'm the one getting killed, too. After all, it's usually a 1:1 situation I'm facing. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Count me in!  ;)

I guess they are pushing this build to Stable today. 

That makes me kinda happy and sad all together. Either way, I'l be happy to play! 

See some of ya'll tonight. 

• Like 1

I'm not greedy, I'm a collector ;) I often need days or even weeks to get a rifle assembled in pristine parts and if some dude is picking up all the magazines at the airfield and runs away from me, I sure as hell chase him to world's end. I have an AKM with a pristine Kashtan sitting in my tent for at least a week now, because I can't find a magazine for it. 

I obviously missed that guy I mentioned and he got away, as did many others.If he'd left anything in the barracks, I wouldn't have chased him anyway. I'm not a great shot and I don't snipe. I don't play much with a group like you do, so I can't hope for strength in numbers when I go to an airfield. In a good group you can afford to try and reason with people even when on the airfield. That's not to say I haven't made friends at airfields or military bases, but only after we exchanged a conversation through bullets and decided none of us needed to die. I don't want people to treat me as a bambi on the airfield either, it would feel too much like charity. This is the difference between the lonewolf and the group experience.

My post history shows I have many friendly interactions, but there's a place for both. It's almost never KoS either as the other person usually has seen me too and either tries to charge me himself or tries to make a getaway. Without ranged weapons I have to get up close, each time. Some of the best fights I've had were about anticipating where a person would run to. It's strategically important to think about this and it's actually really hard to keep track of people on the run, so it's quite satisfying when a plan comes together. A hunt is a hunt to me, no matter if it's deer or people. Except people can chose to fight back. It's not like chasing a guy automatically means I'll be victorious. If I chose to go on a manhunt, chances are I'm the one getting killed, too. After all, it's usually a 1:1 situation I'm usually facing. 

Playing with a partner or a group is rather new to me and does afford you more safety in general.

You like to practice some stuff I do not find interesting (manhunt etc), and in some ways this makes you a more dynamic player.

I came up with a code of conduct that I am comfortable with and adhere to it whether alone or with others.

It does sound like you fault some people for the things you yourself do.

How many times have you left magazines in a tent for the next guy?

That being said, I look forward to meeting up sometime, I do enjoy your posts and contributions.

• Like 1

When .59 goes stable later today will we lose our .59 experimental character ?

Its most likely Experimental will be shutdown once this build goes stable, and it will re-open again when .60 is ready for testing on experimental 

• Like 2

Probably.

They may actually leave experimental servers up alongside the stable servers.

If that happens you will be able to play with your experimental character but everyone is going to be filling stable...

Sometimes the Experimental branch is kept online after a Stable release, usually retaining its own hive (meaning your character would still be available). This means you can't use that character on Stable. There's also really no advantage to playing on Experimental when they're running the exact same build, which is why they usually take it offline until the next period.

• Like 5

Can't wait to get back into this game. Been a few weeks but i'm finally going to try out the newui. Does it really give better fps?

• Like 1

Can't wait to get back into this game. Been a few weeks but i'm finally going to try out the newui. Does it really give better fps?

A lot of people say it does, but I notice literally zero difference.