boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

@freak was that you in berz, putting glowing cans around town? lol we where going to snipe you out but left the area last night.

You can again drag ammo onto weapons in your personal inventory, and select the chamber option.  This has been successful, and nearly instantaneous since yesterday.

No fixes as far as general design goes, but it stops being quite as annoying after only a few days.  I haven't even bothered switching back to old for a couple weeks now.  Still think it needs work, but it is definitely functional.  Just know that the hotkeys will place the weapon in your hands, on your back when you hotkey your shouldered weapon; if you then switch to another weapon, you will lose the one that was on your shoulder.  It's not intuitive where things get placed.

Eek, yeah.. I was losing a lot of mags trying to put them into weapons. Unable to put on mods etc. I'll see how it is now. When you are Healthy/healing.. what message will the player make? 

Odd? 6 hrs of playing .59 last night, and the night before 4 hrs. Went from the coast, through a ton of small towns to larger towns like stary etc.. even did the whole military tents etc.. still not much ammo. I got some don't get me wrong but not any where near what .58 was like. At least in 10 hrs i didn't have to search through 10-15 towns, deer stands, and military zones.

It's probably because you are looking for sniper ammo, i.e. 7.62x54 cal? That's the hardest to find at the moment (for me). I did find a few SVD mags and emptied them for the ammo. You have to go more than once to the military zones, if you are looking for that kind of thing. Or find heli crashes. That's probably the best way to find magzines and ammo. At the moment the most I find in the military tents are ridiculous amounts of VSS ammo +mags. It's also no problem finding SKS ammo or clips in the military tents, if you can live with sniping at marksman distance. 

.308 ammo is slightly easier to find for me and you get 40 rounds every time you pick up a stack/box, so that is plenty. Last time I died I had 80x .308 rounds on me, just by walking back down to the coast from the airfield and occasionally looting. It's also no big deal finding Skorpion ammo/mags. Cr75 and MP5 were a little bit harder to find, especially the 30 round mags for MP5. I'm a bit pissed it's so hard to find magazines for the 1911 and for the CR527. Found .45 cal only in the form of UMP mags, so far. 9mm ammo I find all the time to the point where I'm just leaving it now. 

You say you play support for a group?! These guys should loot for you too and help you get the ammo you need! I don't know if I want more ammo to spawn, but I'd definitely like a better mix and more pistol magazines/snaploaders.

Edited by S3V3N

It's probably because you are looking for sniper ammo, i.e. 7.62x54 cal? That's the hardest to find at the moment (for me). I did find a few SVD mags and emptied them for the ammo. You have to go more than once to the military zones, if you are looking for that kind of thing. Or find heli crashes. That's probably the best way to find magzines and ammo. At the moment the most I find in the military tents are ridiculous amounts of VSS ammo +mags. It's also no problem finding SKS ammo or clips in the military tents, if you can live with sniping at marksman distance. 

.308 ammo is slightly easier to find for me and you get 40 rounds every time you pick up a stack/box, so that is plenty. Last time I died I had 80x .308 rounds on me, just by walking back down to the coast from the airfield and occasionally looting. It's also no big deal finding Skorpion ammo/mags. Cr75 and MP5 were a little bit harder to find, especially the 30 round mags for MP5. I'm a bit pissed it's so hard to find magazines for the 1911 and for the CR527. Found .45 cal only in the form of UMP mags, so far. 9mm ammo I find all the time to the point where I'm just leaving it now. 

You say you play support for a group?! These guys should loot for you too and help you get the ammo you need! I don't know if I want more ammo to spawn, but I'd definitely like a better mix and more pistol magazines/snaploaders.

Actually all ammo i was looking for, in my case that night Any ammo lol

I totally agree with you on support roles. Just its a couple of us in .59 checking it out at this time. So clan thing is not happening at this time. Small group at best, until it goes to stable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/3w1zep/exp_059_throwing_physics_seems_to_be_working/

omg.. :) that shit literally worked at least 3 months ago already (probably more like 5) and gets 100 upvotes.. dayz reddit is full of ignorance... plus the throw still looks choppy, its only the physics once it touches the ground.

Edited by jayfkay

@freak was that you in berz, putting glowing cans around town? lol we where going to snipe you out but left the area last night.

Definitly not.

I think its pretty entertaining that you are raging about the ammo situation, since you are such an dayz veteran, you probably know that dayz is about survival and not about finding sniper ammo around every corner, also I dont get why you are so mad about the ammo you dont find? There IS enough ammo in the game if you dont find it, you should move to another part of the map.

FYI i am under the 20 and still find this game entertaining "without" ammo to shot some random guy with.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/3w1zep/exp_059_throwing_physics_seems_to_be_working/

omg.. :) that shit literally worked at least 3 months ago already (probably more like 5) and gets 100 upvotes.. dayz reddit is full of ignorance... plus the throw still looks choppy, its only the physics once it touches the ground.

Actually , try going on an experimental server that is low to medium pop after a restart and you can throw incredibly smoothly ... I threw a flare from the Svetlo police station roof towards the house across from it and it glided through the air at a really fast speed and even bounced correctly when it hit the bullding and subsequently the floor ! But I have to say yes , more than half of the time it is still choppy when it glides through the air ... But I had to share that experience , it must have been two days ago on update 12 or 11 , and I had to share that experiende because I know a lot of us are eagerly waiting the day we can throw a knife at our opponents trigger finger XD !

On another note : Woot woot new experimental !!! Can't wait to get on after work tonight ....

Actually , try going on an experimental server that is low to medium pop after a restart and you can throw incredibly smoothly ..

On another note : Woot woot new experimental !!! Can't wait to get on after work tonight ....

That seems to be one problem- too many people. I've had smooth playing experiences with ~ 20 people on the server, but when the server gets full, things still become choppier. I've not yet played the latest update; read good things about no dsync in cars! However, 12 hour uptime! Dayz mod servers used to restart ever two hours, because they were starting to lag! I have confidence it won't take long for 50 player servers to run smoothly even when full. I just have doubts about their 100 player plans.

Was there really a new experimental version today? Ijust started Steam an Dayz doesn't seem to update.  

Edited by S3V3N

That seems to be one problem- too many people. I've had smooth playing experiences with ~ 20 people on the server, but when the server gets full, things still become choppier. I've not yet played the latest update; read good things about no dsync in cars! However, 12 hour uptime! Dayz mod servers used to restart ever two hours, because they were starting to lag! I have confidence it won't take long for 50 player servers to run smoothly even when full. I just have doubts about their 100 player plans.

Was there really a new experimental version today? Ijust started Steam an Dayz doesn't seem to update.

It's still in the works no ETA yet , I just get excited =D...

• Like 1

yeah physics seem to be calculated server side so with lots of peeps that takes a massive toll... yet I was able to roll a barrel months ago in stable already (and I would actually bet it has been possible ever since barrels were added), but that was low pop as well.

• Like 2

I wonder if today's update means a vehicle reset? I'm itching to drive again and I would really like for that bus I had to disappear. I hope they can fix the vehicle sliding and turning at random at restarts. Even with no wheels they shouldn't be sliding around like that. 

A few things I've noticed over the last few iterations

-Barrel Fireplaces are still not persistent. I hope they come around to making that happen.

-Stone Ring fireplaces aren't persistent either, the server ate my cookpot and tripod on restart.

but in the process of building one I did notice that a large stone can be broken down into 4 smaller stones now

I also noticed that the pick axe isn't getting damaged after mining stones

-I tried to make the larger Stone Furnace, but it wouldn't accept the small stones as attachments.  I also forgot how many/which rocks it takes, anyone remember? 

-Binoculars have an attachment slot, I haven't been able to figure out what fits in there yet, maybe it's just a placeholder for now.

-Cookpot still has sporadic trouble going into persistent storage. I emptied it's contents and 'drank all' of the water but it wouldn't go into a tent or barrel

upon further inspection the cookpot still showed 50% full so I emptied vessel ... then *poof* it went into a barrel.  Not sure what's going on there as canteens and pets can go in when full...

-Still having trouble with various mags in -newui.  

Sporter 10 round mag has a visual dupe/disappearing act

Can't get the 5 round clip to attach to the Mosin, either by double clicking or drag and drop, I can empty the clip and chamber though.

-newui ingame inventory/character screen isn't rotating

-reading a note shows up 'behind' the character screen, obfuscating the text

Other than these few glitches I can report generally good performance.  

I'm getting used to the -newui too.  The status icons not working bothered me at first but I'm kind of liking it now.  

Not worrying about being 100% bright green all of the time is actually a bit of a relief,

though the red "I am overheating" appears abruptly, I wouldn't mind if that particular icon was working 

As a related side note, when overheating a lake or a pond is ideal, but you can always just put your clothes into a barrel and get a damp status  ;)

• Like 7

I wonder if today's update means a vehicle reset? I'm itching to drive again and I would really like for that bus I had to disappear. I hope they can fix the vehicle sliding and turning at random at restarts. Even with no wheels they shouldn't be sliding around like that. 

At this point maybe you should write a ticket?

Like a stuck character ticket, but for the bus?

Also, if you're on later maybe I can help you build a V3S (or other vehicle) to ram the bus loose with...

• Like 1

Definitly not.

I think its pretty entertaining that you are raging about the ammo situation, since you are such an dayz veteran, you probably know that dayz is about survival and not about finding sniper ammo around every corner, also I dont get why you are so mad about the ammo you dont find? There IS enough ammo in the game if you dont find it, you should move to another part of the map.

FYI i am under the 20 and still find this game entertaining "without" ammo to shot some random guy with.

raging? odd where are you getting all this stuff bud?

Does anyone else thinks pistols, mags and ammo are too rare?

mags and ammo yes.

been to 6 servers hopped a few times, and still seeing the same looting habits.

+1 igor

Anyone have an idea how long it may take for the servers to come back up?

Gotta sleep for work tonight but after this announcement...well, that's what caffeine is for. :)

Anyone have an idea how long it may take for the servers to come back up?

Gotta sleep for work tonight but after this announcement...well, that's what caffeine is for. :)

Probably -1 hour if recent trends are the indicator.

• Like 1

I think the current situation with pistols and ammo is fine. I played my current character for about 2 hours now, and I found a P1, 1911, Amphibia S and a Magnum. On the rifle side, I found a Trumpet, a MP-133 shotgun, a CR527 and a Mosin. I have 50 rounds of .22, 20 rounds of the new round for the VSS (SP-6?), 50 rounds 9mm and 40 rounds 7,62x54mmR. In my book, that's a good outcome. The feeling when you collect all sorts of guns and ammo and finally have two matching parts is golden!

Hey guys, any advise on how to fix shaking problem? Splint and any other meds i tried didn't help. It seems like i got wet earlier but now i am healthy and all "Three Greens" are ON but still shaking goes on. Any idea how to fix it?

Hey guys, any advise on how to fix shaking problem? Splint and any other meds i tried didn't help. It seems like i got wet earlier but now i am healthy and all "Three Greens" are ON but still shaking goes on. Any idea how to fix it?

Sit at a fire? 

Heheh, if that works, you're gonna facepalm, right?

>>EDIT: version update on steam naow!

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

updating...1.0GB!

What's new with this version? Someone know that?

edit: update again 1.1GB :D

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 1

updating...1.0GB!

What's new with this version? Someone know that?

1.0 GB? I guess new map? Check Cherno Harbor someone!

Edited by S3V3N