boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

As far as the truck and bus are concerned, all big trucks build up this magical thing called inertia, most truck drivers who have sense will roll toward a stop light etc instead of coming to a complete halt. It keeps momentum so there is less shifting, and they don't have to work the truck as hard to achieve desired speed. That being said, why are you stopping on hills in a big ol' bus? They are slow to attain speed on flat ground. Inland driving involves LOTS of hills, so you need to NEVER totally slow down for curves/turns to be able to accelerate at a reasonable rate. It takes curves at full speed extremely well, I drove ours for about 2 hrs last night and it works great. Never once spun out, even at top speed. 

Only downside i see for the bus is that you are a big target. Its very tough though. When players are able to shoot from it it will be fairly formidable assault vehicle. Our bus got sprayed outside of Electro coming and going last night and chugged right through the gunfire coming from the hills between Kamy and Electro.

My rule for bus driving: Drive balls out until you reach destination. As long as you don't hit a immovable object you will be fine.

• Like 4

Our Sedan was a different beast. We put all pristine wheels on it. It drove PERFECTLY. No pulling left or right, 1st gear actually worked as you would expect, even on inclines! The car had no doors but drove like a cadillac . It is prone to spinning out if you get greedy with the speed around corners.

• Like 4

The thing we'll need to agree on is that you don't lose torque when you shift down in a manual tranny. But that's exactly what all vehicles do and why we are complaining about it. When you shift down you should be revving higher, but that isn't the case now - you just lose speed. This loss of power is the most obivous in the bus, because it is the heaviest and slowest. Let's hear if that was fixed from someone who can drive in this patch.

Only downside i see for the bus is that you are a big target. Its very tough though. 

Talk about tough bus. I logged in at my camp, glad to see that everything is still there. I went to check on where I parked the bus and tried everything to destroy it yesterday (except nades, I don't have nades).

I shot it:

2015-12-06_00027_zpscpj7gbvu.jpg

I beat it like 40x with the sledgehammer. Mostly on the engine at the back and the front grille:

2015-12-06_00029_zpsnbgg3yvw.jpg

Pumped 3 mags with the Skorpion into it as well, hoping it would respawn. 

2015-12-07_00003_zpsliq3du15.jpg

Of course it didn't respawn - why would it. It's only been sitting in the same spot for 4 days. If a vehicles doesn't move for that long, imho they should respawn. Now there is a zombie stuck in it, too ^^ See it?

Remember the servers just restarted - so wait a bit before saying the lag is gone. I had a better experience in the half hour I was on, but it was far from being great. I can always test this best by jumping. And the jumping is still delayed 80% of the time for me. It was smoother and I've actually seen quite a few infected, but I can't give this update high praise yet. It was more of a simple tweak to reduce the lag than an attempt to fix it. They probably reduced spawns of something else or changed a few spawn timer settings. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 5

As far as the truck and bus are concerned, all big trucks build up this magical thing called inertia, most truck drivers who have sense will roll toward a stop light etc instead of coming to a complete halt. It keeps momentum so there is less shifting, and they don't have to work the truck as hard to achieve desired speed. That being said, why are you stopping on hills in a big ol' bus? They are slow to attain speed on flat ground. Inland driving involves LOTS of hills, so you need to NEVER totally slow down for curves/turns to be able to accelerate at a reasonable rate. It takes curves at full speed extremely well, I drove ours for about 2 hrs last night and it works great. Never once spun out, even at top speed.

Only downside i see for the bus is that you are a big target. Its very tough though. When players are able to shoot from it it will be fairly formidable assault vehicle. Our bus got sprayed outside of Electro coming and going last night and chugged right through the gunfire coming from the hills between Kamy and Electro.

My rule for bus driving: Drive balls out until you reach destination. As long as you don't hit a immovable object you will be fine.

You see no problem with that ? We all know what inertia is , this is just sad that people believe trucks and buses of this magnitude are that weak ... Edited by Grapefruit kush

This patch is performing well.

ColdAtrophy and I searched for a Sedan in vain.

I had located a lot of sedan wheels in one area and hoped to exploit this.

We found 5 barrels in a single northern town.

We will likely resume the hunt for a vehicle later.

I'm  seeing double wheels for buses and trucks spawning.

• Like 2

In last iteration you only needed one bus wheel to make a double wheels, don't know if you already knew it.

You might have luck finding a Lada in Berezheki, last patch I saw one had spawned there.

It may need to be rock n' rolled off of the rocks, but it's possible.  Put 'er in reverse and go heavy on the gas pedal  B)

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 1

In last iteration you only needed one bus wheel to make a double wheels, don't know if you already knew it.

I may have heard this but thanks for the reminder.

I was pointing out that I actually saw them spawned as a separate item, which I'm not sure we had seen yet (at least not in the thread).

• Like 2

How's desync and rubberbanding? Have only seen one comment regarding it yet it seemed to be the biggest complaint at the end of last week and over the weekend.

How's desync and rubberbanding? Have only seen one comment regarding it yet it seemed to be the biggest complaint at the end of last week and over the weekend.

A big improvement.. no rubberbanding or desync - on the Aussie servers anyway for the short time they were back up lol..

Logged onto the sng servers (tried 2) and all good.. no rubberbanding or desync.

before the patch they were extremely bad rubberbanding-wise

good patch imo

Edited by madmac

Desync and rubberbanding are at a definite minimum ... Anyone know any sedan or off-road spawns In the north east??

Yeah I've played some hours now and it is pretty good still. I get small lag, like when you are running on the spot and going into first person view (for some reason), but I've not been teleported around and a guy I met wasn't either. Somehow I'm really starting to like Russians in Dayz. First of all, they all seem to be good with a gun and then they are genuinely nice for the most part and try to communicate, despite the often existing language barrier with English. 

I met a guy at the bus today:

2015-12-08_00004_zps5qxo59rj.jpg

I showed him "refugee camp, so he knows where the wheels are (if you find the bus, look in the gym next to it. Feel free to use the camp for trading, etc. 

I build another one in a church, too ^^ I like using lockpicks and have watched people standing cluelessly in front of locked doors and turning around and then leaving, a couple of times now. 

2015-12-08_00002_zpssaklshrg.jpg

I consider my work there done, so if other people wanna fill up these tents or take them away, there are no hard feelings. I just wanted to mess around a bit and I have an obsession for building camps.

When we came across a zombie, Grobo, the Russian dropped a Trumpet with ammo and a hunting scope for me. I thought it was sweet! Especially, since I've actually been looking for a hunting scope for a while now. Used to find them all the time. So I thanked him from the bottom of my heart and offered him any gun he wanted from my camp. I think he didn't understand, so I led him there. He couldn't stop laughing about my obsession with making camps and filling them up (he saw the church one, too). Despite all my best efforts, he wouldn't accept any of my guns, so I feel a bit bad for taking the scope. I told him to come back whenever he wants or when he needs something. There is more than I can show on one pic to take for him. Hopefully, he'll return.

I think it is more than awesome how interactions on Experimental work out. It's gotten so much better and feels much more like the game to play. I was at the airfield too, looking for grenades, but there were only a ton of flashbangs. Obviously someone had been there shortly before me, as there were RAK mags and other crap lying around that got dropped. Because the server was restarting I withdrew, but the airfield was a bit of a disappointment tonight. 

It's cool that the persistence is still working. I dig coming back to my camp and moving stuff around in the barrels ;)

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 4

Here is an updated map with the bus spawn locations. I also added the index of the spawn location to the map. It's interesting to see that currently the spawns with Index 1-5 are the most likely locations to spawn vehicles. In one patch the heli crashes were static and now guess what the index of the static spawn locations was: 1-3. It all makes sense now  :o

I just want to say: your efforts here have not gone unnoticed. Your contributions with these maps has made our time spent infinitely more valuable to the testing process and I just want you to know that your work is appreciated. ;) Thank you!  :thumbsup:

:beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

• Like 8

PLEASE DEVS: can you start thinking about cars getting stuck? Because it happens and will be a common issue. I see lot of 3D models updates all the time and none of them have to do with car-jacks, towing cables or winches. We should be able to tether two things together and use a winch at least. 

Do you have reason to believe that the engine would even support this?  I have a suspicion that a jack would just be a hilarious suicide machine.  The prospect of tethering two vehicles together evokes imagery of the entire map imploding around the site of such an abomination.  :|

I think it would be excellent if they made a V3S variant with a tow boom and winch, possibly a flatbed capable of carrying and unloading V3S and smaller.

Do you have reason to believe that the engine would even support this?  I have a suspicion that a jack would just be a hilarious suicide machine.  The prospect of tethering two vehicles together evokes imagery of the entire map imploding around the site of such an abomination.  :|

I think it would be excellent if they made a V3S variant with a tow boom and winch, possibly a flatbed capable of carrying and unloading V3S and smaller.

I hope for a towing truck, too. Wrote that a couple of pages earlier myself aboot more truck beds. However, it can't be the only method to free a car that's stuck, guy. Here, have some maple syrup! There could be other solutions, simpler ones, but they would feel less realistic. There could always be an option to flip/unstuck vehicle when you are near one. In some Arma mods you could also tow vehicles and it worked fine. That is some sort of link or tether, too, though there was no actual physical linkup (cable) between vehicles. Any solution would be good, as long as there is one. 

Edited by S3V3N

You see no problem with that ? We all know what inertia is , this is just sad that people believe trucks and buses of this magnitude are that weak ...

I agree the Bus need a more powerful engine - it can`t stop uphill. :)

Shortly after logging in ColdAtrophy received a message from emuthreat and at almost the same time he happened to receive a message from schwaBAM and in short order we had a possible 5 man posse.

schwaBAM was easily met on the way to Gorka, all the while we listened to emuthreat and Girth Brooks start the bus, get the bus caught, unstick the bus (thankfully), and finally make their way to meet up.

xWHcPDv.jpg

Once in Gorka, Girth Brooks and emuthreat arrived with their glorious chariot.

8C5ZDBk.jpg

Then we made our way to a lot near some barns and military tents and took a short break.

3DnPm6r.jpg

Boredom sets in and shenanigans ensue.

IoOF9fQ.jpg

8kFyBMg.jpg

wyYTX3t.jpg

I didn't have any need for looting much so I stayed near the bus and ducked into the nearby bus wreck for a little cover.

Then I start to hear bullets bouncing around and think someone is punching something, then quickly realize I am being fired upon and lay prone.

Cold, emu, and Brooks, got eyes on the assailant and returned fire but his death was never confirmed.

We then made our way towards the coast and discovered a sedan stuck on a stanchion.

2 towns, an encounter with a friendly (forgot to take pics), and 4 tires later we were back to the sedan.

After a test bump on the front end it was decided that knocking it loose from the rear was best, but only after removing the tires.

I91bXvg.jpg

aI48uVJ.jpg

Tires stashed safely, the car sitting so serenely, little does it know....

GnLahdS.jpg

....that a fucking BUS is about to plow into it sending it careening into the road!

OtsC1px.jpg

c4wyQNH.jpg

Otizqw5.jpg

This is the longest ghost ride I've seen in the SA and the car seemed to be moving about running speed.

emuthreat was ready to try to toss a tire in it's way but thankfully it came to a graceful stop on the side of a house.

o1GNfFs.jpg

3QrorvL.jpg

After some problems with some of the tires not showing up on the vehicle and ghost duping you couldn't deny how stately she appears up on all fours.

UFDpvxH.jpg

Brooks took a break and schwaBAM logged out, not long after that the rest of us split up to look for Heli's and then met up near a town where emu had some barrels.

Cold and I dumped our Heli loot in the barrels and Brooks rejoined.

That's when I logged out.

Thanks to Brooks and emuthreat for letting us tag along on the bus adventures.

(*Nice driving Brooks!)

It was nice to meet up with schwaBAM as well, it's always cool to meet a friend of a friend.

It's great to meet some of the regulars and I hope it becomes a common occurrence.

JUYpNpn.jpg

*Special thanks to TheRiddler for supplying the TS3 for us to chat on. Glad you popped in to say hi.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 16

Can anyone confirm if there was "Dual core" fix? I played just 10-15 minutes last night and didnt have freezings. But otherwise didnt see any difference.

Had a lot of lag and rubberbanding on Sunday. Played on Southcentral 0-3 and 0-4. Although had some enjoyable experiences before that. Hoping rubberbanding is gone when I log in later. Cheers. Have some beans.

I hope for a towing truck, too. Wrote that a couple of pages earlier myself aboot more truck beds. However, it can't be the only method to free a car that's stuck, guy. Here, have some maple syrup! There could be other solutions, simpler ones, but they would feel less realistic. There could always be an option to flip/unstuck vehicle when you are near one. In some Arma mods you could also tow vehicles and it worked fine. That is some sort of link or tether, too, though there was no actual physical linkup (cable) between vehicles. Any solution would be good, as long as there is one. 

Buses and trucks have huge engines and have huge amounts of torque so pulling other vehicles shouldn't be a problem and they should easily be able to pull away on a hill. 

Was thinking the same for the helicopters when they come in. Like being able to airlift vehicles. Would be good for storing vehicles on the islands so no 1 could steal them

I just tested zombia AI for a bit and the zombies didn`t react to a flashbang grenade for instance.  <_<

• Like 1

I just tested zombia AI for a bit and the zombies didn`t react to a flashbang grenade for instance.  <_<

Based on what little we know of zombies, does it make sense for them to react to or be interrupted by a flashbang? Not trying to be a smartass, I'm just curious and trying to think it out logically. Bug, incomplete, or working as intended? I'm wondering the exact same thing about suppressors. Currently, they seem to be aggroing to my VSS just fine. In fact, zombies saved a guy's life last night. We were fired upon and I had him dead to rights and every time I lined up the shot, I got the shit beaten out of the back of my head. They are also still aggroing to a UMP-45 with a pistol suppressor. I had always assumed it was a bug, but someone pointed out to me that they may always hear suppressed weapon fire. It is, after all, not silent.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 4

Based on what little we know of zombies, does it make sense for them to react to or be interrupted by a flashbang? Not trying to be a smartass, I'm just curious and trying to think it out logically. Bug, incomplete, or working as intended? I'm wondering the exact same thing about suppressors. Currently, they seem to be aggroing to my VSS just fine. In fact, zombies saved a guy's life last night. We were fired upon and I had him dead to rights and every time I lined up the shot, I got the shit beaten out of the back of my head. They are also still aggroing to a UMP-45 with a pistol suppressor. I had always assumed it was a bug, but someone pointed out to me that they may always hear suppressed weapon fire. It is, after all, not silent.

Beans for the VSS story.

Zombies reacting to silenced pistols was declared a "bug" a long time ago. Either Hicks or Eugen said something about it. Namely that players can't hear the shots, but unfortunately zombies still "hear" them as unsilenced, so they react when they should not. After all, the point of having a silencer is so you can clean out/loot places without zombies swarming you and without players picking up on your location. I wouldn't put much effort into analysing zombie behaviour at the moment. Unlike vehicles they are not in a hot-testing phase at the moment and are meant to change almost completely. I can't wait until there is a kind of horde AI and they group together and roam freely. That's not saying they aren't fun, I love putting them in houses and hear them shuffle and complain, while I build another camp outdoors ^^

Had a lot of hitbox issues in houses though. Zombie stands in front of a door 5 m away from me and hits the door, yet I receive the damage. They seem to have problems in those narrow houses with multiple entrances and stairs going up. No problems in wide open spaces or bigger houses for me. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1