boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Just enjoyed a rather pleasant and lovely 8 hour session with a few friends in some deathmatches, zed hunting, testing explosives, and making fun of each other!

Definitely see some slight rubberbanding. . But it seemed to get better as time went on!

• Like 2

Just enjoyed a rather pleasant and lovely 8 hour session with a few friends in some deathmatches, zed hunting, testing explosives, and making fun of each other!

Definitely see some slight rubberbanding. . But it seemed to get better as time went on!

Some singleplayer games are over after 8 hours, yet in Dayz you barely build a tent by that time ^^ 

Did it rain during your session? Last night was the first time I've seen rain in Dayz since, 0.58 (I guess). I wonder, if it's been always there, but more localized, so I've missed it, or if they added rain again during last night. It's a good chance to "test" hypothermia and various cold status'. I'd also like to know, if you can get wet inside a vehicle (because you do get cold inside); I guess not, though - but what about when you sit on the back of a truck? Are trucks even spawning at the moment? I haven't seen one in ages. Lot of wheels for them around, though.

Good to hear the rubberbanding hasn't become worse. I wonder what they've reduced, in order to make things work better again. I would like to see a bunch of cows getting chased by zombies again! I haven't seen any interaction between them, lately.

I've been wondering: Wouldn't it actually make sense to put zombies all over the map, but very few in towns? I mean - let's assume the outbreak happened a few months ago. The feeding grounds are depleted. Clearly we are the only ones alive roaming these streets. Except for very few, the infected would have wandered off, either towards loud sounds, smell, light or movement of other kind. They would probably lump up, as scattered groups combine and follow the same lure. 

That way, in towns you always have the human problem and to some extend the zombie problem(e.g. if you fire a shot or have to take a way around an infected). But you don't have to deal with several dozen zombie characters and their highly sophisticated pathfinding, which probably costs a lot of computing power. Zeds in towns would be brought there for the most part, by people who were chased there. I can also imagine, people just laying out trails of flares or running in front with a light (at night) to draw a horde into a town or to a camp, to make life a living hell for other people. So, I think the amount of zombies in towns as it is now is kinda okay, whereas hordes with up to hundred zombies should be able to be roaming through forest and meadows, always looking for sensory stimulus. There could also be interaction between the different zombie groups, because who says that all zombies are friends? Maybe they also clash over a dead body and fight each other to get to it first. Much like an Alpha Male lion at feeding time. Zombies that feed first might become stronger or more resistant and start become more aggressively towards other infected, as well as toward players.

Don't know where that came from. I know it is far from finished, but the zombie behaviour (or the lack of it) worries me. They are just bad, bad zombies and not scary, neither in their movement nor their looks. Some of the new models are more interesting, and I can't wait to shoot zombie-Dean ;) However, if you have the ability to do motion capture, why do something ridiculous like the leap attack? It's a fucking annoying attack, too. There are dozens upon dozens of movies that could be a great reference. So devs, please watch some 28 Days later, before recording more zombie animations that suck balls. Zombies should bite you for the most part, at least that should be their drive. Their intention is not to slap you with both arms, but to eat you. I want zombies that jump on me andI have to shake them off. I want zombies that bite or claw themselves into my clothes and armor, so I have to chop off their body parts, to get rid of them. Give us some close encounters, some contact, instead the silly chase we have now. Whoever thinks running away from zombies is a way to get rid of them hasn't really understood that running away is what always gets you killed in the end. You have to hide and fight back, learn the ropes and evade them. Once you are being chased, it should be almost too late for you to survive it, unless you play smart and came prepared. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 3

[...] Did it rain during your session? Last night was the first time I've seen rain in Dayz since, 0.58 (I guess). I wonder, if it's been always there, but more localized, so I've missed it, or if they added rain again during last night. [...]

I saw rain in the early versions of 0.59. I was surprised by it too, not seen it since. It was only light rain for a couple of minutes, but I did run for cover (for the realz).

Here comes the rain.

Taking shelter...

P.S.: these were just uploaded, but they were taken 20-30 days ago.

Edited by il-Vec
  • Like 1

Fixed a Cherno hatchback and a bus. All tires have to be pristine on it otherwise it's just gonna do donuts. The bus gear shifting thing is so fuckin complicated it has like 5 reverse gears and a couple l. I need help with the whole stick shift thing I can do offroad ok but I crashed it and me and my freind both got shot trying to get it unstuck. I'm gonna try to fix a sedan today if I know we're one spawns.

• Like 2

Fixed a Cherno hatchback and a bus. All tires have to be pristine on it otherwise it's just gonna do donuts. The bus gear shifting thing is so fuckin complicated it has like 5 reverse gears and a couple l. I need help with the whole stick shift thing I can do offroad ok but I crashed it and me and my freind both got shot trying to get it unstuck. I'm gonna try to fix a sedan today if I know we're one spawns.

Yeah, I described my experience with the bus a couple of pages earlier. The problem is you lose torque everytime you shift into a new gear. You lose 5-10 km/h by default, so you need to get to speed and stay on it, in order to climb hills. Drive 1st gear to 19-20 km/h, 2nd to 25, 3rd to ~40 and from there on stay in fourth. There is only one reverse gear and then neutral. My biggest problem with it is that when you shift down you are revving really low, while the engine should be revving highly in the lower gear and give you more acceleration; instead you lose it. 

I suppose more refinement is planned. It's quite fun to drive around, but the transmissions don't behave like in real-life. They need to make it so that with more torque in the lower gears you get better acceleration, instead of less. Downshifting in the bus is something I only did to cut tight corners. Since it only goes 60km/h you can drive most roads in 4th. I drove it all the way up from Cherno via Nadeszhdino to beyond the northern airfield. It's quite a nice ride once you get it going, but it would be impossible to stop at some places, because you wouldn't be able to move the bus again. This needs to change. The acceleration needs to feel more realistic. This is not a problem with stick shifting, it's a problem with the implementation of it. Also, drive only in 1st person and watch your speed. Soon you will get a hang on when to switch gears. 

-snipy snip-

It certainly did rain, much to my surprise! The clouds darkened and there was a sound of thunder and then some light pour came down! I was kind of ecstatic about it haha. And then. . A bit later on, it seemed like it might rain once more with the clouds darkening and the sound of thunder. . But it didn't. . Instead, I saw a rather peculiar 'foggy' effect. I'm not sure if it was just my computer acting like a high kid at a buffet, but I was impressed. It seemed like a "new" weather effect that I hadn't come in contact with. It wasn't overly ridiculous or extreme in the way that I suddenly couldn't see passed 50 meters (Though I would LOVE that)

As for cars, I've only ever ridden shotgun and I've never felt any status effects other than the standard thirst/hunger. . So maybe that still needs tuning, or perhaps it's working as intended.

In terms of the Infected. . I'm really not sure what to make of them, other than they need some extensive population work, lootable inventories (minor goods), and given the same permissions as players. I like to think of them as very extremely sick people with a certain rage virus than a zombie. . Because I can shoot them anywhere and they WILL die. Personally, I would love to see some brutality come from them. . Even sneak attacks/ambushes on players. More than that, I want them to be constantly roaming, just as we do. . Likely to be found ANYWHERE. No need for exactual spawning points. . INCLUDE THEM IN THE CLE! I would love to find a group waiting in the woods by a lake drinking water, some in the school banging their heads against the wall, some sitting down in random houses/functional buildings like. . the police station, just laughing maniacally and groaning.

My idea of the Infected goes Hand-and-hand with my suggestion list(https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230454-brother-espas-list-of-desireable-changes/), as they would be Battered-Sickness-Fever-Agonized-Starving-Dehydrated and the reason why they attack as they do is because they are SO desperate for any kind of good to help them (Though they are beyond saving). I would still like a biting effect that were capable of. . Some gruesome way that they're trying to subsist on your raw meat, but not because they're zombies.

----

As for earlier posts about scopes and such. I've had no problem finding any certain good whatsoever. With enough time and patience, it's all there. Hunting Scopes, Nets, PU Scopes, Grenades/Flashbangs/ Winchester Ammo (I had like 150 at one point), and tons of tires (Including the new bus type). Again, with my suggestion list. . I want there to be MORE items in the game to be found. I think it's rather insane to think that you can go into a house and not find ONE thing to be utilized in some certain way.

• Like 1

OH! Random thing! Has anyone noticed that the Thirst and Hunger levels are extremely rapid compared to how they used to be? I'm still trying to use the New UI, though I find it extremely clunky and the fact that it doesn't visibly show my thirst/hunger progression is upsetting to me.

But yes. . It was like, every 30 minutes I had to seriously eat and drink or I was going into negative zones. I'm unsure I like this increased pace.

Has anyone else felt this?

OH! Random thing! Has anyone noticed that the Thirst and Hunger levels are extremely rapid compared to how they used to be? I'm still trying to use the New UI, though I find it extremely clunky and the fact that it doesn't visibly show my thirst/hunger progression is upsetting to me.

But yes. . It was like, every 30 minutes I had to seriously eat and drink or I was going into negative zones. I'm unsure I like this increased pace.

Has anyone else felt this?

Is it really increased? I switched back to old UI after at least a week with the new one. I was green hydrated and energized and light green healthy. I did notice I needed more water than usually, but that's really no big deal. You can fill yourself up at every pond and in every ditch. (no need for water purification). I think rice does less than before. I have to eat a whole package to get energized. I also eat full packs or cornflakes all the time, but that's because I want to find the plastic compass ^^ (look on the back of the package)

At least now I know why I ate so much and drank so much more yesterday. I thought it had to do with me running all day, but it could very well be that they aren't as stuffing as food used to be. Maybe self-grown veggies on the other hand, or hunted meat, have a better energy balance now? I would like that, and I'm okay with canned food like it is now. It just means I have to take a few more breaks than before.  

• Like 1

Is it really increased? I switched back to old UI after at least a week with the new one. I was green hydrated and energized and light green healthy. I did notice I needed more water than usually, but that's really no big deal. You can fill yourself up at every pond and in every ditch. (no need for water purification). I think rice does less than before. I have to eat a whole package to get energized. I also eat full packs or cornflakes all the time, but that's because I want to find the plastic compass ^^ (look on the back of the package)

At least now I know why I ate so much and drank so much more yesterday. I thought it had to do with me running all day, but it could very well be that they aren't as stuffing as food used to be. Maybe self-grown veggies on the other hand, or hunted meat, have a better energy balance now? I would like that, and I'm okay with canned food like it is now. It just means I have to take a few more breaks than before.  

Exactly! If anything, if this change is working as intended as is supposed to divert players into trying to live healthier lifestyles as well as form gardening communities, as well as give more realism to the fact that your character just ran miles and miles and they must now eat/drink a ton. . I'm OKAY with that. It adds a bit to the desperation factor if you aren't careful.

--Went ahead and added Infected Personality section to my suggestion list. I'd be more than happy to add more, but I just took the core things I think I would enjoy about them. Feel free to leave comments if you disagree or wish to add more! https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230454-brother-espas-list-of-desireable-changes/#entry2324733

rubber-banding is badness

I was just gonna say the same. It's terrible again. Last night must have been good, because nobody was driving and I was on a server with only 15 people. I just tried playing for half an hour and gave up. The first thing that didn't work was filling waterbottles. I waited for longer than a minute, canceled action and did it again. It wouldn't finish the action, and I tried it on both, pond and well. Drinking from my hands was responsive as always, though. 

The next problem was when I got stuck on a hunting stand. I basically froze in a position on the ladder for at least a minute, before I could see the climb ladder down icon (even though I was on the ladder). After that it worked normally. I saw a guy in Mogilevka and he took ages to loot each house. So I assumed he was new and thought I'd go meet him and feel the fabric of his fibre. However, as soon as I got in a 100m radius of him, the game started lagging so badly that I could hardly determine which direction I went. I flanked him and let him loot, while I tried refilling the botte at a well. After getting stuck refilling again and getting nervous about this guy being only a few houses away,I decided I'd give up for tonight. My gun also got stuck in the weird position again, where you hold it in one hand, unable to shoot.

Also, my status' from last night wasn't saved right. When I logged off I had dried myself completely with the help of a fire. That was even an hour or so, before I logged off. When I logged on again today, I was drenched again - in the middle of a forest and with no rain in sight. You'll probably experience the same with your hungy/thirsty status'. It's like you get a very old status update, so don't eat and drink everything you have, before logging off!

Edited by S3V3N

Yeah, I described my experience with the bus a couple of pages earlier. The problem is you lose torque everytime you shift into a new gear. You lose 5-10 km/h by default, so you need to get to speed and stay on it, in order to climb hills. Drive 1st gear to 19-20 km/h, 2nd to 25, 3rd to ~40 and from there on stay in fourth. There is only one reverse gear and then neutral. My biggest problem with it is that when you shift down you are revving really low, while the engine should be revving highly in the lower gear and give you more acceleration; instead you lose it.

I suppose more refinement is planned. It's quite fun to drive around, but the transmissions don't behave like in real-life. They need to make it so that with more torque in the lower gears you get better acceleration, instead of less. Downshifting in the bus is something I only did to cut tight corners. Since it only goes 60km/h you can drive most roads in 4th. I drove it all the way up from Cherno via Nadeszhdino to beyond the northern airfield. It's quite a nice ride once you get it going, but it would be impossible to stop at some places, because you wouldn't be able to move the bus again. This needs to change. The acceleration needs to feel more realistic. This is not a problem with stick shifting, it's a problem with the implementation of it. Also, drive only in 1st person and watch your speed. Soon you will get a hang on when to switch gears.

thnx now I understand.I'll try to fix one soon ,my bus I left of is in dolina in UK 03 it's missing a tire and glow plug and truck battery(if my freind hasnt fixed it yet for wobos party bus stream he was in the last one some dumb asf hacker killed everyone).now that I get how to drive I'll go ahead and take a spin again hoping hills don't mess up my groove with it I'll have my music player on and have my in game chat on so I'll be playing Michael Jackson driving in the air fields.

thnx now I understand.I'll try to fix one soon ,my bus I left of is in dolina in UK 03 it's missing a tire and glow plug and truck battery(if my freind hasnt fixed it yet for wobos party bus stream he was in the last one some dumb asf hacker killed everyone).now that I get how to drive I'll go ahead and take a spin again hoping hills don't mess up my groove with it I'll have my music player on and have my in game chat on so I'll be playing Michael Jackson driving in the air fields.

Rly? I play on Uk03, too! I have a bus stuck on a curbstone. Maybe we can help each other and you push me out with it ^^

First I have to see, if mine is still there or if it respawned. You wouldn't have happened to park your bus down at the very south-west end of the map, last night? Because I found one, complete with everything there, but left it, in order to look for a car in Cherno. I could have driven it to Cherno, but I didn't want to spoil it for the bus-guy. Is it missing a single or double tire? 

>>EDIT<< I went to Dolina, but the bus was gone. I think I heard it shift gears when I came close, but it was nowhere on the roads.

What is wrong with the French DayZ players. Seriously, EVERY encounter is FUBAR! Here's what happened:

On the way to Dolina, I passed through the holiday camp south of Novy Sobor. I run past a guy, say hello and run some turns around a house, to see what he will do. He draws his axe and chases me. I try to talk him out of it in Direct, but he keeps coming. I rly didn't want to kill him, but the best he could do was say: "dudee stap!" I guess he figured, he can't hit me while I'm running. He got out a gun and actually shot me. With all the desync and his stubborn attitude, I had to take him down. Which was really hard to do with the Skorpion, as he kept teleporting about the place. When I finally got him and stopped for a second, I was shot again from an ambush, I guess by another guy, who wasn't related or didn't show up before. I didn't know where the shots were coming from, but his shot got me bleeding. I think it was a magnum.

My time was running out. I found him behind a bush waiting for me to bandage or loot the other body. He ran away and I tried again with the Skorpion, but the lag was so bad, I thought my chances were better with the pickaxe. We hit each other, until all our clothes were ruined, and unfortunately, I bled out first. The second guy never said a word, but I could see his stuff was all pristine-looking before and ruined after we met. He won't have been too happy about continuing with this low health. The lag makes PvP pure lottery. I don't claim skills on my side with the Skorpion, it was just a matter of who got in an accidential hit; crappy combat!

Why does it always happen with the French? I could swear in every single French encounter, the guy tried to trick me into standing still or bandaging/patching him up, just so they could give me a headshot. I don't fall for that anymore, in fact as soon as I hear Frenchenglish, I get fucking annoyed. Which is why I found it amazing that this other guy I made camp with was so nice and good gamer. Then I found out, he's Russian, not French. Seriously, any French here? Can you please explain why you suck at combat and always need to trick the other guy or try to? I give everyone a chance in-game, but I can't understand this attitude. I was actually looking to trade some stuff, but now it is all ruined anyway and some guy creeps through the forest low on health and in damaged gear. If he even survived my beating. 

The best part - I spawned right at factory to the sound of a guy trying to hit me. Another freshspawn it seemed. I ignored him and just went to gear up again and make my - very short way to Dolina. On the way there, I found almost the exact same gear I had on me before; except now I have three mags for the Skorpion and a black M65 jacket, not a beige one. Shame the bus wasn't there anymore.  

Edited by S3V3N

:( Yep. There is  more than 30 exp servers up from what I can see at the moment. Up to 6 for some regions and not even ONE Australian server? 

Please, we need something! ...Anything.

It is now the second day without any Australian exp servers...  <_<

• Like 1

Rly? I play on Uk03, too! I have a bus stuck on a curbstone. Maybe we can help each other and you push me out with it ^^

First I have to see, if mine is still there or if it respawned. You wouldn't have happened to park your bus down at the very south-west end of the map, last night? Because I found one, complete with everything there, but left it, in order to look for a car in Cherno. I could have driven it to Cherno, but I didn't want to spoil it for the bus-guy. Is it missing a single or double tire?

>>EDIT<< I went to Dolina, but the bus was gone. I think I heard it shift gears when I came close, but it was nowhere on the roads.

What is wrong with the French DayZ players. Seriously, EVERY encounter is FUBAR! Here's what happened:

On the way to Dolina, I passed through the holiday camp south of Novy Sobor. I run past a guy, say hello and run some turns around a house, to see what he will do. He draws his axe and chases me. I try to talk him out of it in Direct, but he keeps coming. I rly didn't want to kill him, but the best he could do was say: "dudee stap!" I guess he figured, he can't hit me while I'm running. He got out a gun and actually shot me. With all the desync and his stubborn attitude, I had to take him down. Which was really hard to do with the Skorpion, as he kept teleporting about the place. When I finally got him and stopped for a second, I was shot again from an ambush, I guess by another guy, who wasn't related or didn't show up before. I didn't know where the shots were coming from, but his shot got me bleeding. I think it was a magnum.

My time was running out. I found him behind a bush waiting for me to bandage or loot the other body. He ran away and I tried again with the Skorpion, but the lag was so bad, I thought my chances were better with the pickaxe. We hit each other, until all our clothes were ruined, and unfortunately, I bled out first. The second guy never said a word, but I could see his stuff was all pristine-looking before and ruined after we met. He won't have been too happy about continuing with this low health. The lag makes PvP pure lottery. I don't claim skills on my side with the Skorpion, it was just a matter of who got in an accidential hit; crappy combat!

Why does it always happen with the French? I could swear in every single French encounter, the guy tried to trick me into standing still or bandaging/patching him up, just so they could give me a headshot. I don't fall for that anymore, in fact as soon as I hear Frenchenglish, I get fucking annoyed. Which is why I found it amazing that this other guy I made camp with was so nice and good gamer. Then I found out, he's Russian, not French. Seriously, any French here? Can you please explain why you suck at combat and always need to trick the other guy or try to? I give everyone a chance in-game, but I can't understand this attitude. I was actually looking to trade some stuff, but now it is all ruined anyway and some guy creeps through the forest low on health and in damaged gear. If he even survived my beating.

The best part - I spawned right at factory to the sound of a guy trying to hit me. Another freshspawn it seemed. I ignored him and just went to gear up again and make my - very short way to Dolina. On the way there, I found almost the exact same gear I had on me before; except now I have three mags for the Skorpion and a black M65 jacket, not a beige one. Shame the bus wasn't there anymore.

I'd like that very much I can't play this weak for some technical issues on pc unless I'm lucky enough to fix it by tommorow. Nice story combat is pretty bad combat issues so far I remember e,p 01 there was this squad of idiots in bernina and I had a fire extinguisher and there was guy trying to trick me into thing he's one of those standing dead body's he shot be in the chest with a trumpet and I headshoted him twice dead his two freinds were trying to kill me I then went to a mosin guy one shot knockout and the his rak freind kills me but it wasn't over I got a bernzjno spawn and got my extinguisher back and bashed the mosin guy dead and his rak freind was camping police so I went inside one shot kill headshot screenshoted the first two dead bodys forgot last one hilarious a UK squad as usual. I don't trust anyone if I do he needs to have a regular voice, always have his gun down unless needed and we do actions at the same time I'm very particular in people cause I don't like getting kos I'd rather have a good game in with one looses and the other succedes. I also had this one time when my freind got one shotted by a shotgun and I survived 5 shots by one with broken legs and I threw a grenade and exploded below me I don't know If I killed him or not. I have not seen any French players at all or Russians just the usual UK folks and us here and there few Canadians. I think if I do go UK I'll just get a bus started and I'll go and helicopter hunt for a vss or svd I'll be hoarding a lot them stash everything and have some fun. If you ever do wanna do some experimental adventures I'm down for it I know the map from the back of my head and I know about the game well I can play pretty much any ping server I do sng servers and I live in the American sw.
  • Like 1

I'd like that very much I can't play this weak for some technical issues on pc ...

Sure thing, I would like that too. Biohaze suggested to me, we should get some of the regulars from this forum together and run a party bus around the map. With some of us getting off at each stop and offering protection, we should be quite safe and probably have some chaotic encounters. We could also stop and pick up some tents+get cozy at the airfield ^^ It would be quite a surprise to anyone coming there to loot to find a group of 15 people dancing around a fire; well, perhaps the airfield isn't the best place for it ;) I can get the newest TS update and check, if I can join The Joker's Teamspeak (I have a problem with my bluetooth headset with TS and DayZ), or we could use direct, or my Google Hangout. Someone set a date and we can meet! Would be good to have someone with a bus or a couple of cars to transport wheels. I guess there might be a new update, but I have some wheels stored at my camp, too. This could go on all day with new people on and off the bus. That way it doesn't matter much that we are all in different time-zones.

Would be awesome! I'll check with tomorrow, maybe we'll have a  bus going! I'll gladly give protection, but I have to reach my camp first to get equipped again. Perhaps it would be best to set a date for next weekend, or so. If something crazy happens, maybe we can even do this on stable, but I'd like it more on experimental. Grew quite fond of this version, before the lag started...

• Like 2

Sure thing, I would like that too. Biohaze suggested to me, we should get some of the regulars from this forum together and run a party bus around the map. With some of us getting off at each stop and offering protection, we should be quite safe and probably have some chaotic encounters. We could also stop and pick up some tents+get cozy at the airfield ^^ It would be quite a surprise to anyone coming there to loot to find a group of 15 people dancing around a fire; well, perhaps the airfield isn't the best place for it ;) I can get the newest TS update and check, if I can join The Joker's Teamspeak (I have a problem with my bluetooth headset with TS and DayZ), or we could use direct, or my Google Hangout. Someone set a date and we can meet! Would be good to have someone with a bus or a couple of cars to transport wheels. I guess there might be a new update, but I have some wheels stored at my camp, too. This could go on all day with new people on and off the bus. That way it doesn't matter much that we are all in different time-zones.

Would be awesome! I'll check with tomorrow, maybe we'll have a bus going! I'll gladly give protection, but I have to reach my camp first to get equipped again. Perhaps it would be best to set a date for next weekend, or so. If something crazy happens, maybe we can even do this on stable, but I'd like it more on experimental. Grew quite fond of this version, before the lag started...

that be great I was gonna start a thing with my steam freinds in the beginning of exp. 59 but there wasn't cars original patch so we postponed it then i got a m4a1s golden coil and we went crazy and kept trading it to our profiles for every comp match so we did that for a month. Now me and my main freinds got together and we fixed cars and hell was it fun we killed got killed fixed stuff blew stuff up. A whole squad of forumers sounds great party bus going it'll be crazy I wouldn't be surprised wobo or skeptic falcon comes and joins. I have ts really outdated need to update it I've just been using the steam chat but I'll fix it soon it'll be epic. It be crazy if we fill a server with a squad. Edited by DaNic2553
  • Like 1

Anyone know how to remove a ruined battery from a bus ??:0

You need to switch to new UI. Then it will work, as far as I can tell even without tools. In case I'm wrong, you might need a wrench (not lugwrench). I could take stuff of the bus without tools, but with new UI. Also, it should still run with ruined battery and glowplug (unless they changed that) chances are it is out of fuel. Can you get in as driver? Then it is not destroyed. Perhaps you can check the fuel gauge in first person?!

Speaking about bus'. For two days, I've been roaming the map high and low and returned to my camp in the north tonight. I couldn't help but go check out if the bus is still there and guess what:

2015-12-06_00019_zpsigewv01y.jpg

I'd say someone got it stuck even better :( Maybe I'll remove the wheels tomorrow and shoot the shit out of it, so it can respawn. Unless someone wants to come in a hatchback (I think it will fit the parking lot better than the sedan) and helps me push it out. I wish I had some grenades, but unfortunately I only have flashbangs. Perhaps things could be changed, so we can light cars on fire with a gasoline can (~pour gasoline over+ignite). That would give us an opportunity to do something about cars, but there will always be maniacs going around setting random cars on fire, then. Pros and Cons with this game...impossibru!

I saw a guy running around in town checking industrial buildings. Poor guy is probably looking for a lugwrench to remove the tires and doesn't know he just has to switch to new UI and can take them off on the fly. Why I think it was him? First of all the bus was complete again - last time I checked another guy had taken the glowplug out. And then there were zombies next to it in the building, so I can only guess he must have locked them in there. It's almost a homecoming when you return to your camp and find things are still there (even though he obviously found my "refugee camp"). Weirder is that at my secret camp everything is still there: Kashtan Scoped AKM, MP5s with lots of mags and ammo, Winchester with ammo and Skorpion with 3 mags. Yet a CR75 was missing, as well as one mag for it, but nothing else. In its place was a Makarov...I have no idea. Either I had a noble bandit visiting, or someone is trying to prank me. Anyway. I'm kitted out again and good to go.  

Also, DaNic2553: Skeptic Falcon? You should suggest this as his new nickname ;)

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 3

Ok I switched to the new UI and realized it was just stuck in the railroad tracks :( it just rotates and nothing else , I even tried removing tires, hitting it and tried to flag some guy racig around in a hatchback to see if he would push the thing (he ignored). Does anyone know of any reliable bus spawns ? I've got a double wheel , glow plug and battery ! Just need a reliable truck spawn !

• Like 1

Ok I switched to the new UI and realized it was just stuck in the railroad tracks :( it just rotates and nothing else , I even tried removing tires, hitting it and tried to flag some guy racig around in a hatchback to see if he would push the thing (he ignored). Does anyone know of any reliable bus spawns ? I've got a double wheel , glow plug and battery ! Just need a reliable truck spawn !

It sucks. My bus got stuck too. They still turn after server restarts and rotate to the north-east it seems. No clue why, but it is annoying. I need my bus to be parked where I left it and not turned around 60° and stuck on a curb or the rails.  

It's kinda hard to say where to look, because it seems cars and buses do spawn dynamically now and not always in the same place. I've seen a bus on the bridge in east Severograd, but that was the only one I've seen at a northern spawnpoint. I'd say check Cherno, as weird as that may seem. First of all there are two bus spawns close to each other. I found one next to the single supermarket on the left side when you leave Cherno to the north. I also saw the other bus in town and the hatchback at its spawn at the school. Of course it is a bit risky going to Cherno, but if you are just passing through, it should be doable. However, it will be hard for you to repair a bus on your own (wheels are a pain to find in short time). The advantage of going to Cherno is that you can stay on the coast and check the road to the west. At the end of that road and at the end of the map in the west are often vehicles parked; saw a bus there yesterday. And if that fails you can walk north from there and stay on the west-side of Tent-City. People tend to leave their cars there when they go looting. It's not a bus, but at least you'll get around and can find one, then. 

If you need help driving the damn buses check page 98, sixth post from the bottom. They are quite challenging to get moving, but once it's rolling in fourth gear, you are unstoppable :)

Could you confirm that switching the batteries was the problem? I wasn't aware they changed that yet, and I wonder, if it is the same with cars now. Would make sense, as the car I repped underwater yesterday always instantly had ruined battery and plug (I put in pristine - one second later: ruined). That way the devs will prevent us from going under water without having to code anything extra. Smart developers ^^

Edited by S3V3N

Lost my second sporter this branch to the weapon disappearing bug, but found a carbine which is nice, no ammo for it tho.

//EDIT

After i relogged due to the servers restarting all of my ammo was on a count of 0 ( old ui ) and ruined.

Edited by .freaK

Lost my second sporter this branch to the weapon disappearing bug, but found a carbine which is nice, no ammo for it tho.

//EDIT

After i relogged due to the servers restarting all of my ammo was on a count of 0 ( old ui ) and ruined.

-What is the weapon disappearing bug?

-Carbine mags are damn hard to find again. No clue, why. Run through a military tent and you'll find plenty of SKS ammo/strips, but for a single mag of CR527 you have to check hundred houses...

-> the servers seem to do really badly at the moment in transfering/updating our status'. Like I wrote, I was dry for hours, yet when I logged back in, I was drenched again. I picked up a press vest and put it on and it was gone the next time I connected. I really don't know what causes this database confusion. Luckily I had no issues with ammo going ruined; that is really a game-breaker!

PLEASE DEVS: can you start thinking about cars getting stuck? Because it happens and will be a common issue. I see lot of 3D models updates all the time and none of them have to do with car-jacks, towing cables or winches. We should be able to tether two things together and use a winch at least. 

Edited by S3V3N

There are usually two deer stands I always find the hunting scope it`s the one at Gorka & Novy Sobar. 

I`m all over the map. :)

Bus we tried to fix up @ 3 Valleys seems to be glitched, 2 sets of tires cannot be removed, and a double tire straight up disappeared off the bus. A bit frustrating after running for 20 mins blind as a bat because of the double tire I was carrying .

• Like 1