boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

@S3V3N - Which small towns did you see zombies in?

I noticed it first in Novaya Petrovka. I've had a camp there before and can't recall seeing zombies before. However, when I passed today, there were 5-6 in the town and on the roads wandering around. I don't know about the other towns in the north, some of them always had zombies. Haven't been around much yet in this patch, but I noticed those new infected in town and will probably continue south to see if there are more. I have to get a car now to push out the bus(t), so it will be ready for party ^^ However, I don't even know if I wanna do it this weekend. If you want the location of the bus, PM me. It needs a glowplug and push off the curb but is otherwise complete. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

I noticed it first in Novaya Petrovka. I've had a camp there before and can't recall seeing zombies before. However, when I passed today, there were 5-6 in the town and on the roads wandering around. I don't know about the other towns in the north, some of them always had zombies. Haven't been around much yet in this patch, but I noticed those new infected in town and will probably continue south to see if there are more. I have to get a car now to push out the bus(t), so it will be ready for party ^^ However, I don't even know if I wanna do it this weekend. If you want the location of the bus, PM me. It needs a glowplug and push off the curb but is otherwise complete. 

I just PM'd you as I came across some car related things very recently.... if you need those, I hope you answer back soon!

....actually I'll go grab one thing and log with it in hands to be safe.

Edit:

I'm logged out in a shed with a pristine sedan wheel in hands and a damaged one at my feet.

There's a battery nearby and I believe a 3rd sedan tire as well.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

2. Has anyone seen a heli crash in the latest exp build?

I've seen a russian heli between Vavilovo and Lopatino, so they're spawning fine.

Found my first VSS there and some SP6 ammo  :D now just need to find a mag  

Also, saw 5 or 6 infected near Vavilova and I normally would've exterminated them, but not this time.

I was gleefully running off into the woods with my new pew-pew.

• Like 4

I did a short infected hunt in the factory area in Novo.

This one zombie seemed to be maybe 800-900 yards out (I think. The view below is the hunting scope fully zoomed.) and I put Winchester round after Winchester round into it producing a spray but it never fell.

7BLlXY1.jpg

I killed 4 or 5 more around the factory buildings. Some bullets didn't seem to register at close range....

While I was lurking about there was significant rubberbanding as reported by others.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

I did a short infected hunt in the factory area in Novo.

This one zombie seemed to be maybe 800-900 yards out (I think. The view below is the hunting scope fully zoomed.) and I put Winchester round after Winchester round into it producing a spray but it never fell.

7BLlXY1.jpg

I killed 4 or 5 more around the factory buildings. Some bullets didn't seem to register at close range....

While I was lurking about there was significant rubberbanding as reported by others.

Why do you carry so many secondary weapons? :P

Aussie exp servers down and have been for some hours..

Aussie exp servers down and have been for some hours..

:( Yep. There is  more than 30 exp servers up from what I can see at the moment. Up to 6 for some regions and not even ONE Australian server? 

Please, we need something! ...Anything.

Edited by LucidHills
  • Like 1

:( Yep. There is  more than 30 exp servers up from what I can see at the moment. Up to 6 for some regions and not even ONE Australian server? 

Please, we need something! ...Anything.

I feel you, Australia! It doesn't seem fair that a whole continent gets one server, while we in Europe have nearly ten to chose from. I can play East US easily, even though I'm in Germany. You don't have that luxury, so it seems more than fair that Australia should have at least one 1st and one 3rd person server - where else would you play? At least it seems, like we are on the road to stable now, so you will be able to enjoy the full game for a lot longer than on the constantly wiped experimental servers. I wish I had made screenshots of every futile camp I made on experimental ^^ - I still enjoy it though and keep finding new and better places to set up camp. I hope Australia gets some more servers, because even when there is stable, experimental is always a place for the curious to hang out and try new things. 

I found out what causes the duplicating item bug. At least for me it happens when I take something from my inventory and try to move it somewhere else (e.g. a barrel or another piece of clothing). The first request of my moving the item isn't visualised, yet the engine already has it booked. Then I start thinking something went wrong and drag the item another time, this time to a different slot. The engine thinks: oh, he's moving that piece, so it can't be in the barrel. I then get a fake copy in my inventory, a fake copy in the barrel and the original in my hands. Then when I move it again, the engine must think: strange - he still has that item in his hands, so I can't really have moved it...this just goes on and on in an infinite loop :P

Engine stop thinking so much! Also: be more patient than this guy. This guy made 8 copies of useless pants in his inventory. Don't be this guy!

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

MONDAY!? Oh no! They'd better give us shiney unicorns and infected out of the wazoo!!

• Like 2

MONDAY!? Oh no! They'd better give us shiney unicorns and infected out of the wazoo!!

How about they save the unicorns for something else and just get more infected in and I'm totally on board!

:P

• Like 2

How about they save the unicorns for something else and just get more infected in and I'm totally on board!

:P

Hehe, I'm there with you. This game is primarily a survival/infected hunt game for me, so I really hope so!

• Like 1

People have peculiar ways of parking their cars...

2015-12-05_00005_zpsszt5unyo.jpg

2015-12-05_00006_zpsrsilf1pa.jpg

I wonder, if it will despawn when under water?! It only needed fuel, but of course I couldn't find any. Can it still submarine?

Besides that, the only thing I found was this bus. Parked at the end of the road, edge of the map...where ever noob parks their car ^^

2015-12-05_00004_zpsvrrerj2q.jpg

I didn't take it, though everything was good to go. Figured there are better uses than me driving it north again and getting it stuck. I searched all the car spawns in the meantime and can only confirm most of the Cherno and Elektro spots. I know the Sedan spawns in Rogovo, often even two of them. But I haven't been looking for sedans  :( Never found a car on any of the other ones and there must have been more, as I saw a spawned offroader in Komarovo some updates ago and in Nowo, next to the apartment houses. Maybe these spawns were removed?!

Also this - RAIN!

2015-12-05_00016_zpsfh3gwntf.jpg

Seems like more things than we thought come together in this patch - might explain the lag. I have a feeling something was done tonight, my game was much less choppy. Rain forced me to make fires again and I tried popping some bullets. However, they just got ruined. Wondering, if a spraycan will explode now. Next testing. Also: I guess I didn't need that sleep tonight ;)

Still been rubberbanding, but not nearly as much as before. Don't know if it's only bc servers were emptier or if something was adjusted serverside. Couldn't find netting, but can confirm boat spawns working again (not the static ones). 

>>EDIT<< Of course I had to go back when I found a jerry can. I found that the car can't be started or refueled. It isn't broken though, otherwise I couldn't sit in it (under water ^^); it seems that when you put pristine battery and sparkplug into the car, it ruins them. However, cars could drive with ruined stuff in the past, so has that changed or is the submarine car I found a special case? 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 3

To my surprise i have still not found a single round of .308 winchester ammo on .59 at all. I must be looking at all the wrong places. Can anyone point me towards the right location, please?

Any luck with long range scopes?

I`ve been searching at least 15 deer stands without any luck.  ^_^

Minor bug: The Rangefinder is still buged at 6 meters with battery, but I`m going to my hut this weekend - no time to report it! 

Edited by Ori42

To my surprise i have still not found a single round of .308 winchester ammo on .59 at all. I must be looking at all the wrong places. Can anyone point me towards the right location, please?

Car trunks + civilian houses, not piano house, not corner pub, not village pub/hunting lodge, no hangars, gas station or churches. I had the most success with car trunks! I tend to make camps though and am fairly territorial. However, I also tend to roam the whole map - depends on my mood and needs. Whenever I stayed in the same place, made camp overnight and looted again the next day, I found a pack of Winchester ammo. Might help to say that I'm inland and up north most of the time, but I'm not sure if more .308 ammo spawns in the north. I found some in a police station for the first time today, but it was on the coast and there was also a bag of rice there, so someone must have dropped it for mags or other ammo. So yeah, stick to cars and find a smaller village, which you can loot completely. I know it's boring, but after two such villages, I usually need to go find a tent to stash all the useful stuff I found. 

• Like 1

Car trunks + civilian houses, not piano house, not corner pub, not village pub/hunting lodge, no hangars, gas station or churches. I had the most success with car trunks! I tend to make camps though and am fairly territorial. However, I also tend to roam the whole map - depends on my mood and needs. Whenever I stayed in the same place, made camp overnight and looted again the next day, I found a pack of Winchester ammo. Might help to say that I'm inland and up north most of the time, but I'm not sure if more .308 ammo spawns in the north. I found some in a police station for the first time today, but it was on the coast and there was also a bag of rice there, so someone must have dropped it for mags or other ammo. So yeah, stick to cars and find a smaller village, which you can loot completely. I know it's boring, but after two such villages, I usually need to go find a tent to stash all the useful stuff I found. 

Thanks mate. Well I am looking the right places then, must just be unlucky. 

Any luck with long range scopes?

I`ve been searching at least 15 deer stands without any luck.  ^_^

I've noticed this myself. All I find are hunter pants, binos, arrows and rangefinders. Oh and heatpacks. I think this is the CLE in action. After a server restart the loot-tables are at 0, but as more and more people pick up certain items, their respawn is reduced. So after a reset/new version, the hunting stands are all packed with LRS and they respawn frequently. Now a threshold has been reached, so other items spawn before the LRS. At least that's how I explain to myself the lack of LRS, compared to the huge amounts spawning in the beginning. 

You also might wanna check some more remote deerstands. Some people never leave the coast, so everything of value there gets looted frequently. No wonder, if nothing is left. It is however muchmore difficult to find a LRS than a couple of days ago. 

• Like 2

Still been rubberbanding, but not nearly as much as before. Don't know if it's only bc servers were emptier or if something was adjusted serverside. Couldn't find netting, but can confirm boat spawns working again (not the static ones). 

Of course it's related. Hit "P" for a player list and run straight ahead, when you see a new player connecting the server, game will rubberband you in few seconds. Less trafic, less ruberbanding.

Edited by Pan_Andrzej
  • Like 1

Of course it's related. Hit "P" for a player list and run straight ahead, when you see a new player connecting the server, game will rubberband you in few seconds. True Story

Yes, connection lag was always an issue in Arma games, too. But not quite like that. I guess that's from all the leet Twitchers that keep spamming connect. So they can shoot some people, instead of playing the game. It was already like that with Arma where every request sent to the server made the game lag a little more. The same goes for respawning. It all adds up to make the server lag. Vehicles do their part, too. I just wonder how that can be fixed. Server restarts at every 12 hours is a noble goal, but when your game lags after 1 minute, the goal needs a better solution. I'm sure the devs are aware of this and my hopes rest on the new render and faster database. I guess that will become a priority after vehicles are done. The chopper can easily be integrated when performance is better.

Edited by S3V3N