boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

-I think exp. branch servers crashed or offline at the moment - new patch or?  ^_^

I don't see any servers either.  Just "THE TEST 1" and I think we all know what that means  B)

edit: according to steamdb an experimentalprep went out 2 hours ago 

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 2

I was about to livestream my UK-05 server home base for free loots!  

Quick update: Servers online!  :)

New weekend patch as well! 

Edited by Ori42

I haven't heard if they're planning a persistence wipe or not.

I'll let you know asap, I logged off in my camp, looks like servers just came back up as 0.59.130772  B)

edit:  Well, there's no character or persistence wipe.   My barrels and prot cases are right where I left them.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 3

I haven't heard if they're planning a persistence wipe or not.

I'll let you know asap, I logged off in my camp, looks like servers just came back up as 0.59.130772  B)

edit:  Well, there's no character or persistence wipe.   My barrels and prot cases are right where I left them.

Yes, same here, but I`m little sad that they went back to 50/50 servers. I felt the performance was decent the last 12 hours on 75/75 cap servers though.

Desync is back, was better in the last exp patch.

Getting teleported back all the time, doors and item communication is worse.

• Like 1

I don't see any servers either.  Just "THE TEST 1" and I think we all know what that means  B)

edit: according to steamdb an experimentalprep went out 2 hours ago 

I actually don't know what THE TEST 1 server is. Does it only appear when there is about to be an update? Is it just to test that the update runs on the servers?

I actually don't know what THE TEST 1 server is. Does it only appear when there is about to be an update? Is it just to test that the update runs on the servers?

Technically I'm not 100% sure, I've always thought it to mean that they have a several builds that are internal candidates for release.

The one that gets chosen comes up as THE TEST # and they run it for a bit before going live, but it's always password locked.

Anyway, THE TEST tends to show up in the server lists if you remove all filters when all of the experimental servers go down.

It's always a precursor to an update on our end, sometimes an hour, sometimes all day.

So EXP is 1st person only now? Is that change live? :D if so, whats the general ressonance so far?

It was for about 1PP only for about 12 hours yesterday but both 1PP and 3PP are up and running now.

I enjoyed the 1PP for a while, they let us use our 3PP character too 

which was nice because he was already geared up and I didn't have to go through the motions as a freshie  :D

• Like 1

So EXP is 1st person only now? Is that change live? :D if so, whats the general ressonance so far?

It's not - it was 1p only for a day and a night. Things are back to normal now. I like 1p and especially with the vehicles, I find it easier to drive and gear. 

The lag in this new build is really bad. I'm rubberbanding all over the place, getting nauseous. It also doesn't feel great rubberbanding past a police station 3x, when you really just want to get to cover. When I stood still I had a small conversation with a guy snooping around my base. That was lag-free, but whenever I run, I get problems. There seem to be more zombies now, as I see them in smaller cities now, too. I don't know what else was changed, but I'm not looking forward to driving in the current update. It's hard enough as it is without the lagging. 

• Like 3

-snip- There seem to be more zombies now, as I see them in smaller cities now, too. I don't know what else was changed, but I'm not looking forward to driving in the current update. It's hard enough as it is without the lagging. 

I was wondering if they had bumped up zombie spawn at all, thanks.

Maybe a new infected spawn mechanic or higher infected numbers is what's causing the lag/rubberbanding....

With all these poor reviews of performance I'm not particularly keen to test this build but I am always interested in seeing developments with infected so I may jump in later.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

Hello guys! I've re-edited my original post on suggestions in accordance with my experience on Experimental! If there is more you would like me to add to this, please comment so in the proper topic.

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230454-brother-espas-list-of-desireable-changes/#entry2324479

1. How do I refuel a bus? I have a jerry can 100% filled, but I can't seem to find the fuel spot. (It's possible that the bus is 100% full, which is why it didn't show the refuel option.)

2. Has anyone seen a heli crash in the latest exp build?

Edited by Powerhouse

European servers are impossible to play atm, everytime a player joins a server game teleport me few meters back, if you combine it with other players getting teleported too that makes game pointless.

Edited by Pan_Andrzej
  • Like 1

Desync is really bad again & the rubberbanding is borderline unbearable.

EDIT: Okay, I'm usually the person being super positive about everything, but I was just rubberbanding 20m+, people were desyncing all over the place (running into walls, freezing and teleporting, etc) and on the UK servers at least, my experience has been unplayable. Twice in a row, had a guy shoot me while he was on the other side of multiple walls on my screen. Got in a baseball bat fight and got clear hits on him maybe ten times and it registered it once. Hope they can figure this out fast, as .59 has been an absolute blast up until today. Two days ago when I last played, I was getting into gunfights with multiple parties and having literally no issues whatsoever on full 75 pop servers... in Berezino... with zombies.

Edited by lsaaq
  • Like 3

I agree - this is probably the worst "patch" in weeks, but then again the exp. servers are for performance testing. As long as they take away from this update that it doesn't work, it'll be fine. I also wish they would stop the vehicles from turning after a server restart! This is really important. I parked the bus aligned to the side yesterday. It was good to go, however when I returned today, I found it like this:

2015-12-04_00021_zpsieo9udqj.jpg

2015-12-04_00019_zpsxoyh5xpf.jpg

I'm no stranger to breaking verhicles free in Arma and Dayz, but this one is really stuck. I even tried removing all the wheels and punching it, hoping it would slide off that sidecurb. These curbs are just the right height to keep both wheels from touching the ground at the same time. It does move a little, but I can't get enough grip on the curve. Kinda reminds me of King Kong, where they build a gate just big enough to let the ape get through....a curvestone just high enough for the wheels to fail.

If anyone has a vehicle on UK03, I'd be glad, if you could give it a push. Send me a PM and I'll give you the location. Without a vehicle it's impossible to get it free, so don't bother trying (if you see it). 

>>EDIT<<: some more observations:

- still don't attach mags to items inside a barrel/tent. The magazine will just vanish. Take out all your stuff, before assembling!

- lockpicks are persistent, the doors I locked before the restart were locked after it!

- lag in the current build can make you lose item. I had picked up a press vest. After logging on again, I was wearing the old anti stab vest. I had some stuff to do, but when I backtracked my steps to the press vest, of course items had been switched. This is not really the kind of persistence I had in mind for the game...

also - barrels appeared closed but had their lid next to them, after restart:

2015-12-04_00028_zpseymzgiau.jpg

- things can still double up in your inventory and you will make (useless) duplicates everywhere you drag them (ammo and lockpick in the same slot here):

2015-12-04_00025_zpsh8iwgqau.jpg

- it seemed like there were a lot more items spawning when I first joined today. Idk if the spawns have been reduced now to acommodate for higher zombie numbers, but I'm finding fewer items than this afternoon (in one place).

- everytime I use a barrel, I get rubberbanded back a bit when I'm done.

Overall: terrible update still, barely playable. I followed a guy close to the bus I parked to see, if he would find it. He found it, but all he did was take the glowplug from its inventory. I kinda had my own agenda, so I couldn't keep following him and only found out about the glowplug later. You'd think he'd at least try to move it, but then again this guy was just zipping about. At least I have a new camp now. Camp Hobo - under a bridge and in a sewer ^^

2015-12-04_00026_zpsbntuh88y.jpg

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 6

Hey guys! Commenting a bit again to just share a funny story that happened to me in Experimental!

So, it was late at night in real life and I didn't have any responsibilites for the next day, so I thought I'd binge on DayZ (without my fun group also). .

I find equipment and such fairly fast as I've gotten used to the game and where to go for certain things, how NOT to die instantly, and how to avoid others/zed (which deeply saddens me, honestly, but I'd rather be safe). .

But to hell with it! I was experimenting and it'd be a long while since I'd even seen a player so I felt safe to start drinking. (Downhill from here)

I'm running around with my full camo pack and scoped Blaze in towns and looking for Infected to shoot at/round up/test firing distances. .

Needless to say, I never made it! Haha. I'm in a poopy house that I find a flaregun at and think I'll troll someone if I can find a flare shot for it. . BUT. . Just as I'm walking out the door, another player walks IN. We basically headbutt each other and it's my Blaze VS. his RAK. . and I'm drunk. Hahaha.

I'm not sure if I hit him or not, but we both take cover and he only hit me once after using a full clip. . I'm not in my right state of mind or I probably would have been a lot more aggressive. I just laid down prone and waited to see if I could hit him again. .

I see him lean over and I fire and miss. . He begins VoIP and asks how I am. I reply in kind, just as positive (as I'm not bothered if I get wrecked here) and say. . We could just put away our weapons man, I don't mind being friends or just leaving each other alone.

There's a second of silence and he goes, "Well shit. . This is really awkward. . "

And I reply, "It's all good man. Have no worry."

BOOM.

What I didn't recognize was awkward to him was that he just tossed a frag grenade next to my face and I hadn't noticed.

10/10 funniest death because the damn grenades have such a delay on them at the moment lol

((ALSO, I'm totally ready for .59 to go Stable so I can see what other lovelies await us. . Please, more Zed xD))

• Like 5

I would understand this if the game was 1pp only, but I don't think first person needs to be hindered anymore in comparison to 3pp

Maybe donning a mask or helmut in 3pp should automatically force your vision into 1pp restricted vision mode? Maybe I'm wrong here but I think that motorcycle helmuts give you added head protection in the game. There should be a drawback though to wearing one...ie decreased hearing and field of view. You would have to weigh the advantages against the disavantages of wearing one.

Edited by cage53
  • Like 2

Looks like netting is spawning again, on 1PP at least. Got it safely to camp, even found a tent along the way in the quonset at NWAF, then was running back in my skivvies and met a nice man who killed me for waving at him.

• Like 5

Maybe donning a mask or helmut in 3pp should automatically force your vision into 1pp restricted vision mode? Maybe I'm wrong here but I think that motorcycle helmuts give you added head protection in the game. There should be a drawback though to wearing one...ie decreased hearing and field of view. You would have to weigh the advantages against the disavantages of wearing one.

Interesting idea!

Any idea if we are going to have to play this version for the weekend now, or if there will be another update? I'm not going into PvP situations with this kind of rubberbanding. Probably won't be playing much, until the next version. I would be interested in hearing if the devs ever talked about vehicles getting stuck. It can't be we have no way to push or pull/winch a vehicle. With them turning around at server restarts and with all the clutter on the map they keep getting stuck. As an iterim solution it would be nice to have some option to reposition a vehicle to get it unstuck; the same could be used for cars that are upside down. 

• Like 1