boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Got a chance to try out a Sedan not once, not twice, but three times last night. I drove two of them, and a friend drove the other. She had more luck than I did, as she was actually able to drive ~3km or so before she lost control of it and put it into a fence  :P Both times I tried to drive, the vehicle was pretty much already stuck and I did my best to free it. Both times I ended up spinning out horribly, but it made for some entertaining times this evening nonetheless.

Seems like I am no longer struggling all that badly to find the necessary parts as long as I've got a small group of people going (2 or 3), it's just a matter of finding a vehicle that hasn't already been compromised and repairing it fully (including the tires!), then taking care to drive it like a sane person. Once more of the kinks are worked out, I think I'm really going to enjoy the manual transmission and the new vehicles in general.

A few pictures:

cymA5r6.jpg

zgsx1fi.jpg

pmhYNwH.jpg

C8Hw5M2.jpg

We did take out our frustrations on the last car however  :lol:

73oZXfw.jpg

l3WkYLN.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 5

Weapon textures (SKS) in 1pp camera (not server) is low even if I set it to high and only in 1pp camera and I can see it go from low to high as soon as I press "enter" to change camera .

Edited by Raptor_i81

Here is an updated map with the bus spawn locations. I also added the index of the spawn location to the map. It's interesting to see that currently the spawns with Index 1-5 are the most likely locations to spawn vehicles. In one patch the heli crashes were static and now guess what the index of the static spawn locations was: 1-3. It all makes sense now  :o

EoeLFX5.jpg

• Like 8

Seems like I am no longer struggling all that badly to find the necessary parts as long as I've got a small group of people going (2 or 3), it's just a matter of finding a vehicle that hasn't already been compromised and repairing it fully (including the tires!), then taking care to drive it like a sane person. Once more of the kinks are worked out, I think I'm really going to enjoy the manual transmission and the new vehicles in general.

Are doors and hoods spawning? Or only wheels?

Are doors and hoods spawning? Or only wheels?

I haven't seen them as loose items, only attached to existing vehicles. It would seem that the vehicles just spawn with a random assortment of them (or none at all). They can be removed and transferred to other vehicles though, so if you find several of the same kind (i.e. Sedan), you can eventually assemble a full set. One of the few we found was only missing a door or two, and was otherwise complete (it even had a battery and spark plug, it was just missing wheels).

At this point i'd gladly pay for a screened server, stil hoping the stable release has slightly better security.

What is he doing in Slovakia??

Maybe he's just Czech-ing it out?

:P

Sorry, not sorry.

• Like 8

Wuah, you shouldn't have posted that busspawn map. I just finished checking out all the car spawns and now I'm doing the same for buses :)

Conclusion: northern car spawns suck! I find nothing but truck in the north and not even them, right now. I had some desync issues while runnning with a friend. Multiple times my hand was stuck in animation after drinking (without bottle) and I had to relog; I was holding 2 handed weapons 1-handedly as a bug. I also switched my fire axe with a stick again when chopping down a tree. 

While running through a forest, I heard a shriek and saw a rabbit. It first it wasn't fast, but then it took off like a madman. I'm still confused how I can run down roads on a 50 player server all the time and still not see anyone. I think I am too much up in the north and am on the way to the southern spawns now. Give us some justice and spawn a car or two in the north, will ya? It's a long walk up there and would be nice to find a car sometimes at the advertised spots.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 3

Ran around with Emuthreat some last night, and also a random named Pook. We fixed up a sedan, rode all over the map. I got hit with mad desync.... my screen had me about a km away from the guys standing in the road.... while they saw me still in the car moving my head etc. I had to log out and back in to fix it and return me to where I was supposed to be. 

Also kinda weird playing 1pp with my 3pp toon. Other than the weird desync everything seemed to work normally, but I think cars need a better way to determine whether or not they are usable. First car we fixed up would not drive, just idle. So we went to the next car and things worked, even though the new car we found looked crunchier than the first.

We've been using Riddlers TS (ts.welcometothejungledayz) to chat, would be nice to see some of you peeps there.

• Like 8

-snip-

Also kinda weird playing 1pp with my 3pp toon. -snip-

I believe this is the first time we've seen the characters from one hive brought over to another.

Curious indeed.

• Like 3

Maybe he's just Czech-ing it out?

:P

Sorry, not sorry.

Oh, man, so bad Boneboys should spank you.

• Like 2

Ran around with Emuthreat some last night, and also a random named Pook. We fixed up a sedan, rode all over the map. I got hit with mad desync.... my screen had me about a km away from the guys standing in the road.... while they saw me still in the car moving my head etc. I had to log out and back in to fix it and return me to where I was supposed to be. 

Also kinda weird playing 1pp with my 3pp toon. Other than the weird desync everything seemed to work normally, but I think cars need a better way to determine whether or not they are usable. First car we fixed up would not drive, just idle. So we went to the next car and things worked, even though the new car we found looked crunchier than the first.

We've been using Riddlers TS (ts.welcometothejungledayz) to chat, would be nice to see some of you peeps there.

Sure wish I could have joined you guys. That sounds like a lot of fun. Work is owning me this week. I'm out of town this weekend as well :( but hope to see you guys soon! 

Edited by The Riddler
  • Like 2

Ok, so I just couldn't help myself. I got off a little early and before I have to attend a dinner meeting :( , I was able to find this little guy  B)

23503608475_fb0099175b_c.jpg

23503381675_69af8f7bd1_c.jpg

23477233586_513c21e243_b.jpg

Helicopter crash was located on the road north west of Green Mountain. If you were to take the road that passes in front of the gates to the tower heading northwest, its the chopper on the right that is actually on the road. I even found 20 loose rounds and a mag. I don't get attached to gear but this one was worth sharing especially in exp. I can't believe how lucky I got to find this. I have not even found the SVD yet :blush:  

Server was Southwest 0-1  :thumbsup:

Edited by The Riddler
  • Like 3

So what I thought was a French guy turned out to be a Russian. We've been looking for buses and really one minute after he logs out, I spot one. Can you find it?

2015-12-03_00021_zps3rozjopb.jpg

...probably not on that picture - it's right in the crosshairs though. It shone white through the trees and I checked with binos. It was the northern spawn in Cherno. I approached carefully, but nobody was there. It was however fully loaded, except for one missing double-tire. I went to town. Nobody was in Cherno. Quickly I checked for the Offroad at school and actually found it there. But it was one where you can't enter, despite everything looking nice and fixed. Guess I would have to wait for restart. Bus was next to it stretched across both lanes. I just took a double wheel off that bus and went back. Now there was a guy standing at the bus. He saw me fairly late. I tried finding out, if he had been fixing the bus, but he hadn't. I could see he was not sure what to do.

I quickly attached the wheel. I told him, he could have the bus, and I just wanted to drive to near my base and log off. He didn't reply, I think he was chatting with his mates. I drove down the hill and realized the wheels weren't all pristine and we barely accelerated. I got out and asked him for a tire repair kit. By accident I think, he typed Cherno and UK05 into the direct chat. He told me there was a repair kit in the bus trunk and lots of other items. I knew there were only two jerry cans, as I had just checked when I put on the tire.  I pretended to look in the trunk, but just watched him, as he pulled his Repeater and aimed at me. I already had the Skorpion out, so he actually managed to strafe me once and run away, ruining only my press vest. I chased him and took him down. In true Nurse Danger spirit, I even tried to bandage him, but he died during the animation. The Skorpion is such a beast. I think everything except his backpack was ruined, but I didn't want any of it. Shame for the guy, he had a blue mountain backpack with so much food and medicine, but he chose not to cooperate. I would have waited for his mates and would have given them the bus, in the north.

So i drove a little bit, but already couldn't get up past this incline:

2015-12-04_00001_zpsto8hrp1g.jpg

Not even in first gear would it make it with the 2 damaged/worn front wheels. So I went looking for a rep-kit and found one in the very last shed I searched (which would have been the first, had I not overlooked it); it's worth looking into those waterpump cubicles with the blue doors - there is useful industrial loot. Repped the wheels and went north by Cherno-Nadeszhdino-Rogovo-Kabanino and Grishino. I didn't have problems, but most of the time I stayed in fourth gear. The problem with the bus is that you need to time the shifting very well. I was looking at my speed all the time. And yet, everytime you shift, you lose torque, even though when you downshift you should be revving very high. You can easily ruin all momentum on a mountain by shifting too often and in the wrong places. After a while I got used to it and driving in first person is definitely the way to go with the bus. Now I wonder, how long it takes until it is found. I didn't park it in some forest, but in a city yet at a place where it looks like it could have just broken down there. If it is still there tomorrow, I guess I'll go looking for a car and leave it for someone else. I just wanted to try it out. Very different driving experience from the rest. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 5

So here are some thoughts about masks, clown masks, gasmasks  motorcycle helmets, welding masks etc. These may be nice decorations for players in the game but there should be a hindrance to them if they wear them just for decoration. Vision and hearing should be limited by whatever mask they are wearing. I speak from personal experience having been a welder for 30 plus years. There should also be a benefit to them if the mask they are wearing is part of the scenario they have activating.

• Like 1

So here are some thoughts about masks, clown masks, gasmasks  motorcycle helmets, welding masks etc. These may be nice decorations for players in the game but there should be a hindrance to them if they wear them just for decoration. Vision and hearing should be limited by whatever mask they are wearing. I speak from personal experience having been a welder for 30 plus years. There should also be a benefit to them if the mask they are wearing is part of the scenario they have activating.

Yeah I wish that items on your face would limit your vision. So you can see the inside of the mask/helmet like you would irl.

• Like 1

Ok, so I just couldn't help myself. I got off a little early and before I have to attend a dinner meeting :( , I was able to find this little guy  B)

23503608475_fb0099175b_c.jpg

I don't get attached to gear but this one was worth sharing especially in exp. I can't believe how lucky I got to find this. I have not even found the SVD yet :blush:  

I totally understand the feeling.  :thumbsup:  Even though I didn't intend to use it, and never got the chance anyway with the wipe between 6th and 7th stages. (Or was it 5 and 6??)  Gotta love finding rare things in DayZ !!

2uzf9km.jpg

2iomxt.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah I wish that items on your face would limit your vision. So you can see the inside of the mask/helmet like you would irl.

I would understand this if the game was 1pp only, but I don't think first person needs to be hindered anymore in comparison to 3pp

• Like 1

I would understand this if the game was 1pp only, but I don't think first person needs to be hindered anymore in comparison to 3pp

Well 1pp used to be called "hardcore", I see no problem in 1pp being a different game style compared to 3pp.

I never wear a mask any way :)

• Like 2

Well 1pp used to be called "hardcore", I see no problem in 1pp being a different game style compared to 3pp.

I never wear a mask any way :)

I wear masks all the time and I enjoy my vision not being obstructed :D

It never should have been called that... it was merely to distinguish 1PP from 3PP. Very different from "hardcore" which will be its own thing eventually. I see no reason to make the game drastically different for people who simply don't want 3PP, that's silly. If you want that experience, there will be a true hardcore mode ;)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 6

-I think exp. branch servers crashed or offline at the moment - new patch or?  ^_^

Edited by Ori42
  • Like 1