boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Servers are restarting randomly .... Something's up here , I'm guessing there's a way to break servers like many times before , or maybe the want for buses is literally too heavy and crushing the servers lol...

Servers are restarting randomly .... Something's up here , I'm guessing there's a way to break servers like many times before , or maybe the want for buses is literally too heavy and crushing the servers lol...

I'll tell you what's happening....

A butthurt squeaker just forced Central 0-1 to go down somehow.

Over global chat he threatened to take them all down for the next 2 hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-snip-

That's what happened, man.

I believe Tatanko heard the same thing I did.

That's what happened, man.

I believe Tatanko heard the same thing I did.

Global chat abuse has been well known before this patch ... I highly doubt some squeaker is haxorzing each server forcing them to come down , I mean anythings possible but it's more likely one of the two reasons I listed above !

Global chat abuse has been well known before this patch ... I highly doubt some squeaker is haxorzing each server forcing them to come down , I mean anythings possible but it's more likely one of the two reasons I listed above !

He said he was going to do it, and then it happened.

That would be an epic coincidence.

He said something like, "I'm taking down this server and all the other servers for the next 2 hours. Fuck you guys and DayZ sucks.", and then you could count to 5 and we got "no message received".

Edited by BioHaze

Why two hours?

Bed time or when his parents cut off his internet?

Tomorrow is a school night after all....

Edited by BioHaze

I am just too overwhelmed with how good this patch is! I'll have to sing a song or...make a picture montage!

I decided to go look for a bus. I knew there could be some at Elektro Topolka Dam and in the industrial area before Bere. It was a long way south for me. In Nowo I met a guy running around with a jerry can.

2015-12-01_00092_zpsljlkdylh.jpg

I asked what he was doing with the jerry can. I always manage to meet French guys! He told me he was taking it to a car...or so I thought. After following him for hardly more than 2 minutes I realized he was waiting for something. We overcame the language barrier and found out we both got excited, because we thought the other guy had a car.

We then decided to get a bus. A pig came in the way and we both shot 9mm (MP5 and Red9) at it and it died. When I skinned it however, the jerry can he had just put down disappeared. So I guess I found another of those events (skinning) that has an unwanted side effect of removing stuff in the area. Good to know!

2015-12-01_00089_zpsstiayvad.jpg

We traveled long and far and found nothing at factory, but at Topolka was a bus. I made a double wheel. In total it had half the wheels now, as someone attached the front and a battery already.

2015-12-01_00090_zpsepppqgh3.jpg

On the way to Elektro we saw the Offroader in the pond under the bridge at the holiday camp. Really? Which mongrel tried to drive that over the bridge???

2015-12-01_00096_zps8lojxgf9.jpg

2015-12-01_00111_zpskmco8sqf.jpg

2015-12-01_00108_zpsb6eqhrnm.jpg

It had one wheel and we found the other 2 practical right next to each other. The third and sparkplug on the next run. The french guy, Baylor, had a battery. We started it and it worked. He couldn't get it out of there, but to my surprise it shot up the crevice walls when I put it in 1st gear and squeezed it past the bridge. All good! I drove like a madman through Elektro and when we reached Bere, my internet dc'd and I had to restart. The cars are so freaking fast, we had to run for mile 'til we caught up with where it stood waiting.

2015-12-02_00001_zpsefpbmbgs.jpg

We then proceeded to my medical camp and I let the guy drive. In Novo, zombies were pursuing. I enjoyed the ride somewhat,took screenshots and observe the dashboard when I suddenly realize we are in a ditch. I don't know how we got there and Baylor couldn't really explain it either.

2015-12-02_00017_zpswrsv0oby.jpg

2015-12-02_00028_zpsatjny5tm.jpg

Next thing I know some guy is opening fire on me from nearby. I answer with led, but Baylor got the squeeze on him. "There is another!" he screams. "Take cover!" I reply and we both hustle on top of a green house and spot out the windows. He sees him behind a bush the same second I do. He actually waits for me to tell him to "open fire", and we both take a few aimed shots.

2015-12-02_00030_zpsig3enht0.jpg

When all the fighting is over, I realize there is a sedan not 20 meters away from our 4x4. It's stuck in the same ditch but came down a different road. I have no idea, if these guys were trying to get the car off the rock or arrived in it. 

2015-12-02_00038_zpszogt8efr.jpg

While I checked out the sedan and looked away for like 5 seconds, Baylor somehow flipped our car to the roof. We both stood there stupidly.

2015-12-02_00047_zpsotmacinm.jpg

One car stuck on the rocks, the other on it's roof! Despite his sacrifice (and planned suicide) Baylor couldn't rectify the car.

2015-12-02_00054_zps74fty9v3.jpg

2015-12-02_00050_zpskn9mayng.jpg

We continued to my medical base and then to my secret camp to store some loot and get the better rifles. The server restarted. We dashed back with the tires and put the car back together. Unfortunately, we got greedy and wanted the Sedan, too. While we were scrambling it out and were just about to break both cars free for good, some guy turned up and took us on easily, while in the cars. I saw him first, but had no shot from the ditch.

2015-12-02_00095_zpsxujndjel.jpg

I got shot by what seems like crazy lag. I only saw frames for a moment, while I had waited for him at the door and looked out. I got back up after a while, bleeding, but he stole my rifle and bandages. I charged with the baseball bat one last time, knowing it was over. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 7

Hey BioHaze. I recognize the sarcasm so no offense intended but in my opinion if this guy has the power to shut down all the exp. servers and then allow them to turn on two hours later he doesn't have a bedtime. Also I don't think he could contain himself for two hours. He (or maybe she but I doubt that)  would shut everything down, let them restart and then with a big 'HA HA!' shut them down again right away....more fun for this idiot and a further more exhibition of his power/control.

Servers are crashing left and right , us east 01 , the. Us south 0-3 crashed twice ... What's happening ? :0

Yeah, after the latest patch it seems unstable for sure. 

So after the suspected squeaker induced madness , me and my team of four decided to trek any where and every where to find decent group pvp ... We traveled far and wide but only found a young Brit lad (who admittedly got the jump on us) . He was pants less and frantically yelling "I'm unarmed I have nothing please don't kjll me don't kill me !!" It's sad to see the initial reaction of people in this game when seeing others , i have a decent 50/50 chance to make friends with strangers or at least get by them without having them gun me down , but this guy seemed to never have a friendly encounter ever... He was so Thankful we left him alive he was offering everything (including pants ) before he realized we truly weren't the harbingers he had thought .. But we were in pavlovo mil base so that could have been why he was so scared .

Dayz is a wonderful place filled with many goods and bads, but you have to know to get good dayz karma , you have to take a chance and try to be docile to every person you come across , one day someone will do the same for you (but of course In a harsh world you have to be frosty , and never let your guard down , even to supposed friendlies !).

• Like 2

I'll tell you what's happening....

A butthurt squeaker just forced Central 0-1 to go down somehow.

Over global chat he threatened to take them all down for the next 2 hours.

Just before that I was looting for new boots when I noticed a guy was trying to follow me into a house.

I called out to him and he answered back unintelligibly in the low distorted voice of a voice changing program.

I told him to stay back and he tries to breech the doorway.

I fire 2 warning shots into the door frame with my 1911 (yeah, not sure why either) that drive him back and give him a final warning to talk as I switch to my Scorpion.

He says, "Fuck yourself up the mothers ass." (Possibly BR/Latin?)

I then make my way to the other exit and he attempts to cut me off.

I empty the entire Scorpion mag into him when he tries to come in and he falls like a scarecrow.

What felt like nearly a quarter second later his shotgun blast hits the wall next to me.

I take a screenshot and step over his body not caring for his boots.... and continued my search.

Still have no idea what happened with US Central 0-1, but it never came back after that. It's still down, I think. I made sure to send Eugen a message but all we can do is wait. Shame, I almost had a bus and hatchback both running on that server.

By the way, I know the guy you killed ;) Don't worry, he won't hold it against you. That's Jukebox Guy, but lately he's been weird and you can't understand him with that weird voice modulator thing. He used to just play music and nothing else, but he's gotten weird the past week  :huh: No blame in your direction... sounds like he didn't handle the situation too well. Where did you go after that? I swear my friend and I would have killed you had we seen you, we were in the same town and heard the gunshots  :P We never saw you though.

Had two failed attempts at vehicles on one server, and on a second server after the shutdown fiasco we assembled all the necessary parts on a bus but were unable to enter it no matter what we tried. There were several of us, and a variety using both old UI and new UI. We didn't have a lug wrench to try taking the wheels off and putting them back on... I've heard that sometimes "fixes" them.

Y22H9eQ.jpg

Pv5F4He.jpg

YlB0L0g.jpg

• Like 5

-snip-

Dayz is a wonderful place filled with many goods and bads, but you have to know to get good dayz karma , you have to take a chance and try to be docile to every person you come across , one day someone will do the same for you (but of course In a harsh world you have to be frosty , and never let your guard down , even to supposed friendlies !).

I think I've been really lucky this patch.

4 KoS type encounters out of like a dozen isn't bad!

I have to agree with the DayZ karma thing, it really does seem to pay off.

I also take some pride in winning the fights I'm in while staying in 1PP. I play so rarely on 3PP I sometimes forget you can switch! :P

• Like 5

I think I've been really lucky this patch.

4 KoS type encounters out of like a dozen isn't bad!

I have to agree with the DayZ karma thing, it really does seem to pay off.

I also take some pride in winning the fights I'm in while staying in 1PP. I play so rarely on 3PP I sometimes forget you can switch! :P

3pp is great to play with friends (as they all play 3pp :( ) but I have to say I am getting sick of it , there's so few of us 1PP guys left im really looking forward to the return of our home servers... But on another note has anyone even fixed Up a bus and driven it ? I was waiting to see a bus fly by with 8+ occupants but nay, just pantsless Brits!

• Like 5

Still have no idea what happened with US Central 0-1, but it never came back after that. It's still down, I think. I made sure to send Eugen a message but all we can do is wait. Shame, I almost had a bus and hatchback both running on that server.

By the way, I know the guy you killed ;) Don't worry, he won't hold it against you. That's Jukebox Guy, but lately he's been weird and you can't understand him with that weird voice modulator thing. He used to just play music and nothing else, but he's gotten weird the past week  :huh: No blame in your direction... sounds like he didn't handle the situation too well. Where did you go after that? I swear my friend and I would have killed you had we seen you, we were in the same town and heard the gunshots  :P We never saw you though.

-snip-

Wow, hah, well... had you guys fucking hunted and killed me in that instance that would have made for a good story here.

Your eccentric friend ran up into the house I'm in right behind me and when I said, "Hey buddy, what's up?", he grunted a monosyllabic sound I could not understand as language.

Then he's just advancing on me through the inner doorway and even gets 2 warning shots.... I then said something like, "You don't speak much, do yuh?" to which he said the most eloquent, "Fuck yourself up the mothers ass."

I translated that into, "Kill me please".

I don't know if Jukebox Guy has gone full aggro or what, but I wasn't interested in what he was selling.

I actually was afraid he had friends around (!) and I was trying to stay inside some steep and thick tree lines and worked my way North to a lonely gray barn with a blue trailer thing where I found and repaired some leather shoes, which I think caused hiking boots to spawn that I then swapped the shoes for.... :P

I like to think I can be difficult to track when I want to be.

I needed to heal my sore feet and hydrate so I stayed in the barn a minute until the weird squeaker crash thing happened.

It's a shame about the vehicles on that server. I was going to make a college effort to find you among the KoS and general mayhem and try to lend a hand.

Next time...

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 4

Teamspeak, or agreeing on a given radio frequency would go a long way for coordination. Just be sure to let me know too.  :D

• Like 2

Had two failed attempts at vehicles on one server, and on a second server after the shutdown fiasco we assembled all the necessary parts on a bus but were unable to enter it no matter what we tried. There were several of us, and a variety using both old UI and new UI. We didn't have a lug wrench to try taking the wheels off and putting them back on... I've heard that sometimes "fixes" them.

Y22H9eQ.jpg

Pv5F4He.jpg

YlB0L0g.jpg

I really appreciate the pictures - great atmosphere.  :thumbsup:

And I hope u guys have as much fun like me so far on the exp. branch!  ^_^

Edited by Ori42
  • Like 2

Hopefully we get 75 servers back - maybe dayz need new server structures, thoughts? 

Server performance is important though - I saw a streamer killed himself with a grenade at NW Airfield earlier today,

because he lags when he tries to throw it. 

I believe that throwing and grenades are both glitched, which is a pretty wicked dangerous combination.  Not many days ago I threw a smoke grenade and it was stuck in the air where I released it, it never did go any farther and never went on the ground. It just made a cloud on black smoke in the air, which would have done no good if I was being chased. Earlier on in .59 I chucked a pristine fragmentation grenade in the general direction of someone chasing and shooting at me on NWAF.  Just as I turned away and started to run the other direction the f'ing thing went off, ruined my boots, pants and the only other frag I had.  I consider my self lucky since I managed to get away despite sore feet and blurred vision from pain by the time I got to the other end of the tarmac.  There was no lag in either case.  I have a pretty damn good connection, great FPS and hardly ever get bogged down these days. 

I have noticed that when I throw pretty much anything else it sort of hangs in the air in front of me for a second or two before going further.  Sometimes it even just falls at my feet.  In DayZ, right now, we all throw like effeminate teenagers right now I'll wager. 

The only thing that seems to get a good throw are the sedan tires.  They bounce and roll along.

Edited by Barnabus

This is the answer I got from Hicks earlier today about 1pp servers in the Q&A

Posted Today, 03:55 AM

Barnabus, on 30 Nov 2015 - 06:05 AM, said:snapback.png

Now that the weekend is over any love for the 1PP player on experimental?

-snip

1) Nope - we're still testing!

Anyone know why Northeast 0-1 (Experimental/Unstable) is down?

It said 'server is shutting down you will be kicked' and its been offline since... does anyone know why or whats going on?

Hmmm... The devs probably shut it down for a while to " get some dater" ! It's annoying when it happens but don't worry it's for the greater good . THE GREATER GOOD (chanted) !

• Like 2