boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Played for a few hours today, not sure what happened but every time I tried to start fishing I ctd with a memory error. I managed to get it to stop by removing my rabbit snare which was roughly 100 or so metres from me, out of my line of sight btw. For science I deployed the snare again, tried to go fishing again and ctd with the memory msg. Dayz does not want me to have fish and rabbit together. Anyone else having this problem?

• Like 4

After the newui is fixed, will it actually still be giving us 10+ more frames? Or does it have to do with economies not working in -newui that we get that boost? The only thing that's working in newui (most of the time) is the inventory, especially with cars and tents. Well, it's not really working right, but it does let you access vehicles and tents fully. If the food and drink meters would be fixed, I'd use it. I hope that is a concern before going into beta stage.

I'm waiting for a fix on cars, before I'll attempt restoring another one. The last time this sliding car problem appeared with the first iterations of the V3S it was fixed in a matter of weeks. Though the V3S was never really a great driving experience, it was way better than any of the cars are now. I expect the devs know what to do here, since they've experienced the same thing with the V3S' first integration, before.  

Played for a few hours today, not sure what happened but every time I tried to start fishing I ctd with a memory error. I managed to get it to stop by removing my rabbit snare which was roughly 100 or so metres from me, out of my line of sight btw. For science I deployed the snare again, tried to go fishing again and ctd with the memory msg. Dayz does not want me to have fish and rabbit together. Anyone else having this problem?

https://feedback.dayz.com/my_view_page.php

Please. Do it for the kids.

• Like 4

Jerry cans have made a comeback in exp 0.59!

2015-11-23_00002_zpsqczqwsg0.jpg

Also, please take note of the chest holster bug in action. Everytime I pressed my hotkey, I duplicated the gun in the holster (visually). It only stopped, after I put the holster on the ground and picked it up again. Now I can draw the gun and no more copies show. Restart fixes it better, but that is my temp solution to everything. Put it on the ground, assemble or take apart and pick up again. Sometimes you have to take things into your hands first for it to work.

I also found a bit more ammo than usually. Still full stacks, but I only searched five houses and found 9mm and 580cal. So either it was just the right "house" or the spawns for that kind of ammo have increased. 

I'm now testing the despawning of the jerry can. I put it in the camp, next to a barrel to see how fast they disappear. I think empty jerry cans should disappear within half an hour, but full ones should stay, preferably permanently. 

There is also an issue with items mysteriously disappearing from my inventory (water bottle, sewing kit). I don't know if I'm going insane, but these things just seem to disappear. I have no idea how and why. 

I heard thunder and it felt like a storm was coming up, but it didn't rain. It seemed to come closer though. More of that please! The light changes were awesome. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

EDIT: I found these two reports already filed. Might as well add in our screenshots as further proof. It seems to happen with the gun holster and the plate carrier holster as ColdAthrophy as well reported: 

https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=28654  

https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=28701

S3V3N,

I can confirm the same bug with the gun holster. It happened last night to a buddy of mine with a Red9. Furthermore, after this happened as you can see in the screenshot below; he dropped the holster to show me, and then proceeded to pull out his primary weapon (SKS). The game then treated his SKS as if it was a hand gun. He was holding the SKS with one hand and when running he was swinging the SKS as if it was a hand gun. Below is a screen shot you can use to help with the bug report if you are going to file one. 

22880086099_5a1f9768ee_z.jpg

Edited by The Riddler
  • Like 3

Cool.   Update is happening right now.

"Eugen Harton
‏@eugenharton

New exp update going out with fixes, BE fix, and more. Hopefuly a smoother experience and less bugs."

Edited by Shinjuru
  • Like 3

More 308 ammo and less winchester m70 ..... I found 20 but  no ammo

• Like 1

The game then treated his SKS as if it was a hand gun. He was holding the SKS with one hand and when running he was swinging the SKS as if it was a hand gun. Below is a screen shot you can use to help with the bug report if you are going to file one. 

I haven't had that, but for a while I used my cooking pot for drinking and one time I put it back and my pistol was facing left at a 90° angle. It looked like I'd broken my wrist. And I could actually still fire accurately, though to the left only. I think there are all sorts of bugs involving containers, but it's new to me that this happens with the SKS. Maybe the chest holster is so fubar that it fucks up everything following the bug. it definitely behaves strangely and on the long run I always have to log out to fix this.   

>>EDIT<< Patch incoming right now. Will post back about those issues.

Also: how do you get the liquid out of barrels? All my stuff is always damp.

Edited by S3V3N

"New exp update going out with fixes, BE fix, and more. Hopefuly a smoother experience and less bugs."

Yeah I saw that. What's BE?

Edited by BeefBacon

BE = BattlEye, the anti-cheat.

• Like 2

Our beloved cheat protection "Battle Eye".

• Like 1

Damn, there was a character wipe this time,too :(

See you ingame, peeps!

• Like 1

The handgun rifle bug also happened to me. As well as the the extreme duplication of revolvers in my inventory almost every time I try to add it to a quick slot.

Also, I too find it annoying that I can pick up a revolver (or any kind of gun for that matter) and go hours and hours without finding any ammo of the same caliber. Yet i'll find dozens of rounds of everything else. There has to be a better way to disperse ammo.

• Like 1

The Game wont start with the new update for me nothing changed. :(

Edit: Ok i did what St.Jimmy wrote and now it works. Thanks

Edited by xCrankx

Nice. Working again :)

People should blacklist some stuff for Avast if it's shouting viruses and that kind of things. I've at least games and anti cheat stuff blacklisted so it doesn't scream because of those things.

Btw could you please give 1-2 more 1PP servers in experimental for Europe? It's always like this that the European one is full.

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 3

Yep that place is called Australia. The land of expensive, slow, and highly limited internet. 

I think I've head someone say once that they keep a backup of the game folder for each version and switch it when they want to.

So with that idea, does it require a download to rollback to stable?

It is possible but with the last exp. update there were map changes and you have to load all the "old" stable map.

When no map udates are in, you can easily switch between the versions with changed folder names.

sorry for you, not with the last patch.

p.s.: little tip, in the future, before changing from stable to exp save your dayz folder and rename it, then you will be fine to switch.

• Like 2

Bleeding status indicator didn't work. At my character was bleeding but there was no status in the inventory screen.

I can't attach battery in radio even in this life so there's something wrong. Or just huge desync.

Edited by St. Jimmy

We should hijack this shirt for Experimentals. http://store.dftba.com/products/for-science-shirt

I think we can do something even better that's DayZ specific. That shirt seems a little tame for a group that's willing to sacrifice themselves to tripwire grenades, horribly unstable vehicles, and poisonous food ;)

• Like 4

- before this patch desync was pretty nice, now is unplayable again, people slide, zombies slide, everything works slow

- there are tons of guns everywhere, i found 5 raks and mp5 in police station and blaze, mosin and 2 shotguns in train cars like 3 min after spawn

• Like 2

Thank jeebus they fixed the duo core issue !

Dunno what all they changed but the lights are brighter , the world is a prettier place. AND I'm getting 2x the FPS I get on Stable ! WOOT 

That being said , I've been on a couple hours now , and seen no zombies, or players on full server lol . But I have found 5 boxes of ammo , and a dozen Magnums :(  NOT cool. 

Slight bug with batteries and radios , fix was to drop them and combine on the ground .

Same old bug with cooking pot , unable to drop from hand . No biggy just relog 

No lag or desync issues here yet . 

Back to the grind !