boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Anybody else just CTD (Crash To Desktop) ? ? ? 

First time that has happened to me in this version........seemed to be a video card crash referencing memory. If it keeps it up i'll screenshot the error and file a report. 

Ok, small Rant here about some of the players on Experimental.......

I understand this game is mainly right now running around, gearing up to kill, I get that. The game is still being developed to where you don't have to play that way if you don't want but its not there yet IMHO. 

What I don't get is why players are KOS'ing other players that don't even have a weapon. Nothing on their back, nothing in their hands, no weapon except their fists. 

Go play Stable if you want to do that. There are quite a few people that are truly testing to find bugs and report them to the Dev's which I just witnessed. I REALLY REALLY wish I had shadow play on before I launched so I didn't get the video of this incident but here is what happen below: 

Two guys all the way up in Berezhki gun down a player who was running from house to house and dumping all the gear in one spot by a boat. I was up in the hills watching this guy for almost 30 mins just to see what he was doing having just spawned in Svet and ran across him as I was descending on the village. I didn't have any weapons either but was well hidden up in the rocks.  

As the first shot rang out, the guy who was dumping all the loot by a boat started yelling "whoa whoa, why are you shooting at me? I don't even have a weapon and am trying to test some things". As he ran around missing the bullets from this KOS'er he started asking the guy "Why are you KOS'ing on experimental especially when I don't have a weapon!?"  Only response from the player who killed this guy was "Stop Stop" in a very thick Eastern European/Russian Voice. His partner was higher up the hill shooting as well.

The guy pleaded with him "Dude please stop, I'm trying to test something with the loot and I don't have a weapon" Why are you shooting at me?" 

BAM. They got him. Both meet up at the body and hide it as he truly was a fresh spawn wearing only a shirt, jeans and shoes. 

Shit talking commenced over the dead body and then they moved on back toward Turovo. 

Sorry but I just don't get it. I guess the argument could be that they were testing out a new weapon, but one had a mosin and one had the CZ rifle  :rolleyes:

.......it is what it is and there will always be bandits out there I guess is the lesson from watching all that......but I wish they'd go on Stable to do this. 

• Like 8

-snip-

.......it is what it is and there will always be bandits out there I guess is the lesson from watching all that......but I wish they'd go on Stable to do this. 

People are horrible.

Let's not give guys like this too much credit by calling them bandits though.

Those guys are murderers at best....

I think even the way we tune our dialogue can effect how people view game play in DayZ.

Bandit should be mostly reserved to describe people who try to rob and often have no intention of killing in order to do so but will fire if they meet resistance.

• Like 6

It's what happens when boredom kicks in. And some people really play like that. Beats me, too. I've been damn scared with every step I take, avoiding people at all costs on experimental. Even those that run around with torches at night. Unfortunately you can only chose to shoot first, avoid at best or stash your gear and run naked. I prefer to limit my shooting on experimental to animals and so far it worked. I just made a camp again, searched every car spawn by now and found no new car. Tomorrow I might stash my loot and take my chances along the coast, but I know it will be a short-lived adventure. When I go low risk looting and car spotting, I take my best gear. If I go to town, I leave it. 

Edited by S3V3N

I would much rather deal with the threat of a zombie every +-5 minutes than deal with a KoS player every hour.

I know high server pops bring on the server stress but I also feel like it accentuates what Hicks said about other players always being the biggest threat overall.

IF you had to deal with infected every +-5 minutes AND you had a full server where you might see someone every hour, AND you had stamina, weight, and new animations.... NOW we're talkin' DayZ.

People who grew complacent with the way DayZ is and people who "prefer" this type of game play might just be switching places with those of us who want a broader experience.

We'll be into Vanilla as it progresses and gets more difficult through PvE/infected/environment, while they may be waiting for mods.... and like, some kind of unholy DayZ themed ARMA bastardization.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

This is why you regular Forum Exp people need to work together, I know it's not easy with all the time zone differences and server availability but you must fight for your independence, you have a group and should make the most of it.

• Like 10

This is why you regular Forum Exp people need to work together, I know it's not easy with all the time zone differences and server availability but you must fight for your independence, you have a group and should make the most of it.

We have to get up and stand up for our rights!  B)

• Like 4

No hot patches for the avast issue yet? 2 days and counting on that one.. I cant even imagine how many other people are not playing because of it

-snip-

I've also looked for hunting scopes in deer stands and can't find them ANYWHERE.

Can someone please advise me where to look for them?

I know that feel. I spent about 20 hours looking for a hunting scope, only to get killed. Then later, as a newspawn who had no use for them, I find 2 of them within 15 minutes.

Hunting scopes spawn in deer stands and feeding shacks (the green 'equipment' dots on this map).

LwKOJMl.jpg RniC3Rl.jpg

• Like 1

No hot patches for the avast issue yet? 2 days and counting on that one.. I cant even imagine how many other people are not playing because of it

It's only affecting Experimental, which is a pretty small subset of active players. There's also the option of Stable. Most importantly, it's the weekend. Cut 'em some slack ;)

• Like 3

Yeah why those people for example ask first "hey you want to try some combat to see how the desync is in this patch?" But all they do is KoS and likely then come bitch in the forums or feedback tracker that the desync sucx pls fix it.

I was told to discuss anything exp related here, so I will do that and apologies for inconvenience.

Anyone know where to find ammo for winchester, sporter, carbine etc? I've looked in houses, supermarkets, barns, sheds and I haven't found a thing.

I've also looked for hunting scopes in deer stands and can't find them ANYWHERE.

Can someone please advise me where to look for them?

Have you checked ALL of them?  The desired type of ammo is most often in the last place you look, and to rule out the possibility of simply having walked past the ammo you seek, you must thoroughly search EVERY house in Chernarus, and don't forget to go prone in 1pp to check under beds.  After, and only after, having thoroughly searched all the houses, you may start looking inside wrecked vehicles for bullets.  You are much more likely to find your desired ammunition in vehicles, but it will only spawn if you have searched the houses for it first. I don't make the rules, i'm just letting you know what I've learned about them.

If you are looking for a hunting scope, I recommend dropping the weapon for which you need the scope; you will be guaranteed to find one in the very next treestand that you check, as per "Murphy's Law of DayZ loot exclusion."

• Like 4

It's only affecting Experimental, which is a pretty small subset of active players. There's also the option of Stable. Most importantly, it's the weekend. Cut 'em some slack ;)

It's affecting stable users as well.

I'm just bringing this up so it does not get over looked. Half of the people I play with cannot play because of this issue.

People are horrible.

Let's not give guys like this too much credit by calling them bandits though.

Those guys are murderers at best....

I think even the way we tune our dialogue can effect how people view game play in DayZ.

Bandit should be mostly reserved to describe people who try to rob and often have no intention of killing in order to do so but will fire if they meet resistance.

I have still not had the opportunity to use my steel wire and burlap sacks to make someone feel thankful to still be alive.  I'll keep carrying it, nonetheless.

It's what happens when boredom kicks in. And some people really play like that. Beats me, too. I've been damn scared with every step I take, avoiding people at all costs on experimental. Even those that run around with torches at night. Unfortunately you can only chose to shoot first, avoid at best or stash your gear and run naked. I prefer to limit my shooting on experimental to animals and so far it worked. I just made a camp again, searched every car spawn by now and found no new car. Tomorrow I might stash my loot and take my chances along the coast, but I know it will be a short-lived adventure. When I go low risk looting and car spotting, I take my best gear. If I go to town, I leave it. 

There is a third choice; to live honestly and to fear no man.

What I don't get is why players are KOS'ing other players that don't even have a weapon. Nothing on their back, nothing in their hands, no weapon except their fists.   Someplace between boredom and asshattery.

Two guys all the way up in Berezhki gun down a player who was running from house to house and dumping all the gear in one spot by a boat.  Maybe they have something against lootcycling?

Only response from the player who killed this guy was "Stop Stop" in a very thick Eastern European/Russian Voice. This is my favorite thing about DayZ.  Get surprised by two guys who want to shoot you. and the best thing they can think of to say is " stop moving around so much'; cracks me up every time.  I just run off into the bushes,  catch my breath, and try not to laugh.

To dilute this sad state of the game, I'll share my experience from last night.

After logging in near Vavliovo, I decided to continue my quest for a hunting scope, or 7.62x39 ammo.  I went up on Bashnya, down the north slope, through the AG complex by Zaprudnoe, and made my way up to StatyYar.  I looted along the south road, from east to west, where I stopped in a short ashwood tree to catch my breath after running across the field.  

I hear footsteps, and see a figure headed my way through the gate to a green 2-story.  He had a mosquito gas mask, and a green hi-cap (which honestly, I kinda wanted for myself, as black vests are not the safest thing to wear in out the fields) and he had a Win70 on his back.

I said: "Hey!  You there; with the gasmask.  I mean you no ill-will.  Can you talk?"  I didn't shoot him while he typed back that he had left his headset at home, and was at a friend's house, and he didn't shoot me when I typed back, asking if he wanted to run east with me.  He offered me a 20-stack of .308 rounds, which I could not combine with the 17 that I had left on me, and I led him to some bullets for his magnum.

We ran along the north of the map, skimming a couple towns and the northern milbase, uneventfully.  After checking Svergino (new grocery store where the junkyard/pub used to be) for a new sedan spawn, he decided to call it a night.  I'm glad that my decision to not splatter his melon as he ran past, was reciprocated with his not shooting me in the back, the many times that I stopped to type a message--he pretty much insisted that I lead the way, and I decided that trust is best treated as an all-in affair.

There are definitely still decent folks out there, and exchanging steam info definitely helps keep things civil.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 3

It's affecting stable users as well.

Oh shit, I hadn't realized that. My bad.

I just had an interesting thing happen.  I was on a hill, overlooking my next area of interest, when my game screen flashed black, stayed black for a few seconds, and then went to the desktop.  I could still hear the game sounds, and when I alt+tab, the sounds went away, but my display was still stuck on my desktop.  I tried clicking the DayZ tab on my taskbar, and accidentally fired a shot.  Gonna restart the game and see if it is reproducible.  I feel lucky that it happened while I was still on the hill.

I'm not sure if this means both Stable and Experimental, but I figured I'd post this.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

Oh wow I hadn't played since wednesday. I don't know what the hell happened but now my computer doesn't even want to shut down normally after I tried to launch DayZ and Avast started to crash and so on. Shutting down screen has rolled like 10mins now so hard restart it's... Just wanted to test how bad the issue was but I couldn't guess it's that bad. Good that there's patch coming likely tomorrow.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Sorry, I would have liked to release it already, but it's the weekend you know...

• Like 5

Do you guys know how close, to a dynamic event, is too close to have your vehicle parked?

not sure an exact distance, id steup camp 200m away to be safe.

Do you guys know how close, to a dynamic event, is too close to have your vehicle parked?

BCBasher did a ton of testing back when this bug first reared its ugly head in 0.58 Experimental. It was confirmed that one had to be over 1km away from the nearest dynamic event. 

• Like 2

Sorry, I would have liked to release it already, but it's the weekend you know...

I can't talk about the gaming industry, but when something of mine was jacked up in my job I had to come in and fix it. off day? yea right. I only replied because you seem to think its beyond your team to do extra work when its your software causing the issue. I've missed plenty of off days and holidays due to work. 

your company's call though.

Edited by twr

Just saw a thread concerning ammo in .59 and thought I'd put my opinions forward.

I hate the way ammo is distributed in .59. All of the ammo I've found has been either full stacks or boxes. I can find a Winchester but not have any ammo for an hour, and then I'll find 30 rounds in some random house. I go from having no ammo to having all the ammo I'll ever need, and that's not a gradient I like.

The amount of ammo spawning seems... okay. Maybe slightly too low, but we'll see. The problem is that it spawns in clusters. There might only be 100 assorted rounds in an entire town, but all of those 100 rounds will be in one or two houses. Sucks to be you if you happen to check every other house. I'd much prefer it if a very small amount of ammo spawned in a lot of houses, so those 100 rounds were dispersed across a whole town rather than a single house. That means that finding a couple of rounds for your weapon will be relatively easy, but getting enough to feel as though you can waste ammo will be very difficult unless you strip an entire town. So you'll have 5 rounds instead of either 0 or 30 which, to me, sounds a lot better.

Edited by BeefBacon
  • Like 7

I can't talk about the gaming industry, but when something of mine was jacked up in my job I had to come in and fix it. off day? yea right. I only replied because you seem to think its beyond your team to do extra work when its your software causing the issue. I've missed plenty of off days and holidays due to work. 

your company's call though.

I wanted to imply that it's not just up to me/BE to release the fix. I can't just press a button to make it happen. Also, please do not forget that this branch is called "experimental" for a reason (no excuses).

Edited by BEdev-Sable
  • Like 4