boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Hello Survivors,

I'm looking for some enforcement for my Experimental squad.

I'm looking for not aggressive player, friendly player (on ex). I use my weapons to defend my self, other and against Zs. At the I'm trying to get all car parts together and find the new ones.

Im Playing on DE 0-2, my Name is Helldogz.

You can contact me on our TS3: 37.59.106.131:32500 (WESURVIVE.DE)

(German/English)

Join me  :D

I'd be happy to join! I'm good at this kinda thing :P

Game is running fine with new UI..

but hard desync / lag happening in a close-quarters gun fight, just after few gunshot, in client side i'm running away with gun down but stuck on same spot (game is running, not freezing, but stuck and receiving damage from others players), in server side i´m still stuck (another position) with my gun up on hands and after while rollback comes.

Edited by rafaeldbr

Hey guys, I`m looking for specific feedback on the last experimental, -snip-

When fighting an infected in Berezino, the response of the infected was sluggish.

Another infected was able to hit me when it looked to be a couple of meters in front of me out of range.

Interacting with doors and hotbar seemed to have a little more lag than other actions.

Character position updates looked solid and fairly accurate but I did see some instances of my friend teleporting (which could be connection related).

Desynch may be effecting item placement which is causing the ghost versions (gun holster and plate carrier do this a lot but it may not be desynch related).

Personally, I cannot recall any specific actions that expressed desynch for me other than possibly engaging infected.

How was dysnc when you where passanger?

When riding as a passenger in the v3s the desynch seemed improved but either due to a physics bug or ColdAtrophy not quite nailing down the manual controls, we never got moving very fast.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

I love the description of how you're all shooting at the truck, in order to fix it. It's particularly funny, since shooting stuff in Dayz truly fixes everything ^^ It's like the roundhouse kick in Family Guy. 

I watched a vid of guys driving the GAZ and it was pulling left all the time. Was it similarly with the V3S? 

Vehicle physics, I keep saying it, are the deadliest thing in the game. I've been catapulted into orbit with the V3S in an earlier version. Got some nice screenshots. Any truck I find and feel suspricious about, I shoot. Because if I axe it my pants and shoes will be ruined :( We'll have a lot of random deaths due to vehicle problems for sure. But it's cool they are mostly in, it's just almost impossible to repair one alone. So I'm looking forward to bikes - at least I won't have to collect ten tires to drive somewhere. I'll probably never fix a V3S. Though in the future cars will hopefully spawn in various damage states and not always be completely destroyed like now. 

Yeah, ColdAtrophy has been killed more by buggy truck physics than I so he gets really nervous around them as well.

He was known to carry extra pants often when the trucks were ruining them all the time, which is part of the reason for his custom title.

When we realized we needed 6 tires to get the truck rolling it was quite daunting but the towns near by seemed to be respawning loot readily and many sheds had tires of all kinds.

In an effort to spawn more we were bouncing them down the hills away from the spawn points though I believe stashing them in storage or attaching them to a truck would really take them out of the CLE and cause respawn.

In the mod I was able to build and sustain 2 motorcycles and a pickup truck for quite some time solo but building a UAZ required employing the server regulars at the time....

• Like 2

Gonna look into it

Just for the record, BioHaze upgraded his rig from an Intel E8500 to an Intel i5-4690k and he isn't having that issue anymore. All of his other hardware is identical still.

Just for the record, BioHaze upgraded his rig from an Intel E8500 to an Intel i5-4690k and he isn't having that issue anymore. All of his other hardware is identical still.

Okay the dual core problem fixed internaly, it was a sideeffect of some changes for new renderer. Fixed. Hardest part was getting the old hardware plugged back in :-D

• Like 15

Okay the dual core problem fixed internaly, it was a sideeffect of some changes for new renderer. Fixed. Hardest part was getting the old hardware plugged back in :-D

Woohoo, now I owe you a beer as well!! 

Did you have problems with loading game or is that different issue? Game loading gets stuck at BI logo, sometimes stops working.

I am getting this as well.. I have an AMD Phenom2 Quad Core 8gb of ram and an Nvidia gtx650 (please don't make fun).. And was running through Novaya Petrovka when it started last night.. I had been playing for about an hour or maybe 2 when it started freezing every few seconds..

On a side note... during my play time last night.. I had seen one single tire in a shed for a sedan but never saw any vehicles on the southeast server..  I ran from Severograd to Novaya and was going to head back to Nwaf when the freezing started... I did not check every single shed though as I had no idea if I would even see a vehicle this late after the update release...

My time alone in the woods is starting to get to me though... If anyone on the southeast server would like to join up and hang out around 6pm central please let me know.. Doesn't necessarily have to be on southeast... I've been playing alone since the beginning and only had one or two nights actually playing with a buddy of mine.. But I am lonely lol.... would love to join up with a group and do some testing or trying to start a camp... Send me a private message either here or on Steam... Masprotech

• Like 1

Deez sexperimental serverz are all full :(

I don't wanna spam my way in, as I know that causes lag ingame. It's a bit hectic on the experimental servers. I've seen so many people already, avoided most of the fights. Watched three guy assembling a V3S today and while I had them in my scope from higher ground I couldn't bring myself to open fire. It's nice to see life come back to Dayz. I'm always at peace, until the next motherfucker decides to shoot my face off. I find the game always most interesting when everyone has a reason to scavenge for new parts and in new locations. Wish I could play more, but it is how it is. Hopefully the last bugs can be squashed and this moves to stable soon. 

Issues with this patch for me:

- sound issues (sound from wrong direction/too close)

- duplicate issues (no real duplicate, but my pistol got cloned when I used hotkey to draw it)

- scope issues (reattaching scope duplicates it into my inventory. Putting the rifle on ground, scope in hand and assemble all on ground fixed it)

otherwise the game ran smooth for me. Haven't been able to drive yet. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

I am getting this as well.. I have an AMD Phenom2 Quad Core 8gb of ram and an Nvidia gtx650 (please don't make fun).. And was running through Novaya Petrovka when it started last night.. I had been playing for about an hour or maybe 2 when it started freezing every few seconds..

On a side note... during my play time last night.. I had seen one single tire in a shed for a sedan but never saw any vehicles on the southeast server..  I ran from Severograd to Novaya and was going to head back to Nwaf when the freezing started... I did not check every single shed though as I had no idea if I would even see a vehicle this late after the update release...

My time alone in the woods is starting to get to me though... If anyone on the southeast server would like to join up and hang out around 6pm central please let me know.. Doesn't necessarily have to be on southeast... I've been playing alone since the beginning and only had one or two nights actually playing with a buddy of mine.. But I am lonely lol.... would love to join up with a group and do some testing or trying to start a camp... Send me a private message either here or on Steam... Masprotech

I have a Phenom II X6 with a GTX470, 8GB RAM and a SSD, so I definitely won't make fun. With the addition of the SSD, it used to run DayZ pretty well, but it got to the point where I'd have a slide show with more than 20 people on a server. Approaching 30 people, the machine would start freezing. This was prior to the issue with large camps/loot stashes. I haven't used that machine for DayZ for several weeks.

I'll try it again on the next build to see if the "dual core fix" has helped the AMD.

I'm not sure which Phenom you have, but I do know that at least some of the ones that they advertised as quadcores are actually dual cores with hyperthreading. But regardless, when you start having that issue you should hold Left Shift and hit the numpad minus button. Then let go of those keys and type "flush". You don't need to type it in chat or anything like that. The stuttering happening after some time playing is generally indicative of either thermal throttling or memory is getting full.

EDIT: Also - @eugenharton - Please read this post and see the pictures. We ran into an overwhelming number of bugs.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

TL;DR

You're pretty much a hero. Thank you for doing all of this, and even more for taking the time to gather pictures and post it all. You really should share this elsewhere, too (i.e. Reddit). I would do it for you, but you did all the work so your name needs to be on it ;)

For all Latin American Players..

Best Server that we can get is (200-350 ms) unplayable for South America (Brazil) players . We don't have even a stable branch server to play. Please give us at last one exp server located in Brazil.

We are lagging other players too due no option to play in local servers.

I`ll look into it.

Neither of these problems affects me at all, but I feel for my brothers and sisters in the DayZ community who can't play as much as they would like because of these things. Thank you for taking care of them, Eugen. A fix for the dual core folks will especially go a long way. You're the best! :)

• Like 7

Okay the dual core problem fixed internally, it was a side effect of some changes for new renderer. Fixed. Hardest part was getting the old hardware plugged back in :-D

Thank you for the fast action on this issue. 

Have not had a chance to test if it resolved the issue yet however. 

I will retry again later tonight . its currently 1pm EST , and server pop is high , which results in the client itself being laggy and slow to respond. Before even joining a server . Attempted to struggle my way into a few servers, but just got Session lost after the Please Wait screen. 

Dunno what changes got made on Exp , never seen client lag out of game before . But it has been a issue here since 0.59 launch 

The speed at which loot is re-spawning is at best 10x too fast.

I have just spent the last couple of hours (until some kucfing stupid derp kos'd me), there are few loot spawns on Skalisty Island so I was able to do the rounds dumping nearly everything I found in or near their origins (couple of rubbish dumps & the well), the loot was varied so that aspect appears to be working well enough but the speed at which new loot appears is surprisingly fast,,, that tick rate ( :D ) is working overtime.

I did not notice any lag in particular while doing this farming.

However using the (standard UI) hot bar to equip an axe to defend myself while being attacked is deplorable, it just has to be due to close proximity with other players, this also happened yesterday, same server DE-02,,,,but that's another story.

So if you happen to go to Skalisty Island and you find loot stacks on static dumps, it was me.

Question for €ugene :

Q :How many apple trees are there on Skalisty Island.

A: = ?

EDIT : There were two dead bodies near the lighthouse that did not despawn all the while I was on-line 90/120 minutes (+or-).

• Like 5

Internally means not on exp at the moment right? I had a lot of freezing in the previous .59 exp patch, but less so in the current exp patch.

You're pretty much a hero. Thank you for doing all of this, and even more for taking the time to gather pictures and post it all. You really should share this elsewhere, too (i.e. Reddit). I would do it for you, but you did all the work so your name needs to be on it ;)

-snip-

I greatly appreciate your positive feedback as I hold your own contributions in the highest regard.

I have a good balance of expenditure of energy between actually playing DayZ and cobbling together my little reports, and would not want to start to dilute my focus by sharing on reedit (said with NZ accent), or other social sites.

If you want to link to my pics and write something up for reedit I wouldn't mind. You can even copy pasta my post citing the original author and maybe  linking here would be enough for me....

Really, if folks over there cared enough, they might try the official forum once in a while too, no? (I guess Rocket installed them there.)

DayZ forum has taught me how to post in a more intelligent and respectful manner in general and the moderation here keeps the bickering and useless troll speech to a minimum. I'm a very passionate person and it's easy for me to sucked into a flame war without the constraints this forum provides.

This in turn, helps me keep my posts most constructive to development, the community, and the grand conversation that is DayZ dev/gameplay.

All I want to do is to make the best contribution to this unique, exciting, and very special project in game dev history.

TL;DR - For now, I'm happy to just contribute here.  :)

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 6

So this is what I've been dealing with all day . 

Anyone else?

https://youtu.be/IOf-5RAvdAU

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 5450

Orly? :-P

Sir, your graphics card is an potato, sorry.

$29.99 at Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Low-Profile-PCI-Express-HD545XZQH2-HD-545X-ZQH2/dp/B005IUW7YE

I think, the reason was found. You need an graphics card upgrade.

• Like 2

Can someone explain? I thought the new rendered was making am appearance this update?

It's not gonna be in one big push, it will be gradually integrated. Parts of the new renderer mechanics are here, and the rest will come eventually. (lighting, shadows, particles, etc.)

Check out the latest status report, as it's explained pretty clearly there. 

• Like 3

Orly? :-PSir, your graphics card is an potato, sorry.$29.99 at Amazon.comhttp://www.amazon.com/XFX-Low-Profile-PCI-Express-HD545XZQH2-HD-545X-ZQH2/dp/B005IUW7YEI think, the reason was found. You need an graphics card upgrade.

Wow that expensive. You can get a used GPU easily at that price which is like 5 times or more faster than the 5450. But I guess the motherboard is PCI so it's not possible him yo even upgrade. I guess he plays with avg of 10fps like I did with my AMD Athlon 3.0GHz dualcore back in the day when I bought Arma 2.

Servers are still packed. As was expected.

Does anybody else have this hotbar problem where always the same 2 weapons disappear from hotbar? Everytime I log on I have to reassign my rifle and baseball bat, but my pistol and sks ammo stay on the hotbar. It's no biggie of course, but it gets a little tedious after a while. 

• Like 2

Servers are still packed. As was expected.

Does anybody else have this hotbar problem where always the same 2 weapons disappear from hotbar? Everytime I log on I have to reassign my rifle and baseball bat, but my pistol and sks ammo stay on the hotbar. It's no biggie of course, but it gets a little tedious after a while. 

YES.

I keep forgetting to mention this....

My Mosin and Compass always kept unbinding from hotbar ingame and after logging.

Other items did this as well but mostly it was those 2.

• Like 3

(until some kucfing stupid derp kos'd me)

Sorry bud, was testing out the new guns. :)

was that you rage quitting? :emptycan:

Edited by TheSneakyDude

(until some kucfing stupid derp kos'd me)

Sorry bud, was testing out the new guns. :)

was that you rage quitting? :emptycan:

Why say sorry if you like killing players?

Embrace it or fool yourself.

The guns can be "tested" on infected just as well too.

Also, I highly doubt Boneboys rage quits in DayZ.

I would be really surprised to find out that he was that type of gamer.

• Like 1