boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

trees would still produce fruit as they dont need maintaining.....what makes no sense is

1- infection hits and suddenly no car/truck etc has plug or battery

2- infection hits and the water company shut off the water

3- infection hits and the electric company cuts all the power

and so much more lol, games and logical sense dont really go together

To be fair not a glow plug and a spark plug are not the same thing and do not serve the same functions.  You cannot replace a glow plug with a spark plug and vice versa.    The purpose of a glow plug in a diesel engine is to warm the fuel up to a temperature that will combust easily.  A sparkplug, on the other hand, actually ignites fuel in a gasoline engine to cause combustion.  Apples and oranges. 

Water usually requires a pump and pumps run on electricity.  Same for fuel, yet we can fill a fuel can at a fuel pump but not fuel a truck. 

• Like 1

To be fair not a glow plug and a spark plug are not the same thing and do not serve the same functions.  You cannot replace a glow plug with a spark plug and vice versa.    The purpose of a glow plug in a diesel engine is to warm the fuel up to a temperature that will combust easily.  A sparkplug, on the other hand, actually ignites fuel in a gasoline engine to cause combustion.  Apples and oranges. 

Water usually requires a pump and pumps run on electricity.  Same for fuel, yet we can fill a fuel can at a fuel pump but not fuel a truck. 

All his arguments are invalid to me.

1- infection hits and

Everybody flees. You would take the most necessary and most worthy with you. A car is both: An utillity and valuable. You would just leave it when it stops driving for some reason and would become use and worthless.

I agree with you on the other points.

Edited by Helldogz

Care to explain your point? I am well able to read posts from other people and have actually read this very post already. Neither does it change my opinion nor offer any news, since I've already read it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not picking on you, but taking the time to post your thoughts would probably be better than copying someone's wall of text.

But fine. Wall of text taken. See you around.

If you have read his post than why are you still complaining about the new weapon?

I could have answered you without BleedoutBill's post but why invent the wheel a second time?

His post explains everything you need to know why there are so many new weapons and I couldn't have explained it any better than he did.

If you have read his post than why are you still complaining about the new weapon?.

because someone posts something you necessarily have to share the said opinion? Well, that's news to me ;)

To be more precise, I do not see it as a "mentality" thing. If a game gives you but one way to play, you play this way. Full stop, that's what I'm saying. And second, that resources could also be used differently. It's only my opinion, but it is an opinion. Deal with it :)

Edited by Noctoras

servers are back online :) , but no update :(

me and a friend got an error: BattlEye: Unknown Game Version

The modeling and texture department could spend some time and show some love to us survivalists , with more crafted item alternatives. 

Like shelters, stone axe, gardening tools, smoker racks , cooking recipes (chicken +rice= ) lots of little things they could be doing

but that just my two cents

There has to be a programming or design reason for why that hasn't happened yet, but rest assured it will. They know we want those things and we'll get them eventually. Updates like that usually come in chunks -- 0.57 being a good example of that.

servers are back online :) , but no update :(

me and a friend got an error: BattlEye: Unknown Game Version

looks like we have all  the same problem

Was able to log in for a while, servers are filling up. I noticed a V3S wheel in a shed, maybe trucks are back too.

• Like 1

I also found a v3s truck wheel...and a bus wheel!!!!!

Will load pics when I can

Just found a headlight box..inside was a headlight!!

Also found a sparkplug!!!

Edited by Mad Scientist
  • Like 1

I also found a v3s truck wheel...and a bus wheel!!!!!

Will load pics when I can

Just found a headlight box..inside was a headlight!!

If you keep it up you may get to the point of having enough parts for one whole car ;)

How come they said no update? That seems like an update. Odd though, to respawn parts when there are no vehicles. I'm gonna look around, too. 

Did persistence get wiped with this, I can't get on and see but if the fixed vehicle spawns are still there Msta always had a truck and it's a short run for even a fresh spawn to check.

If you keep it up you may get to the point of having enough parts for one whole car ;)

How come they said no update? That seems like an update. Odd though, to respawn parts when there are no vehicles. I'm gonna look around, too. 

I would have had enough for a whole car...till a group of 4 [PAIN] tools shot me at Prig....

They were awful...I only had ammo for my crossbow and managed to run at them about 200m while they were shooting the whole time....got 1 shot of with the crossbow at 10m....totally forgot I had a clip in my CR75....oh well.

• Like 2

This is what I found so far:

1. Wolga Wheel
  2. Lada Wheel
  3. Car Battery
  4. Sparkplug
  5. Lightbulb

Glowplug and truck batteries are In again of course. But it seems the cars didnt spawn yet. At least they definitivly didnt spawn at the old fix places.

p2zv6a8z.jpg

rlbb8oax.jpg

udxfxy6u.jpg

9ay67r2j.jpg

q35atnji.jpg

bi8imuvm.jpg

8of9leju.jpg

iizd7djm.jpg

xoiepjq3.jpg

67o9urxk.jpg

uptkzjpv.jpg

THX: to the guy who didnt kill me on DE-02 :beans: . I was running around with a torch in Nargonoe. I was more interestet in exploring than in surviving  ;)

• Like 8

I'm still waiting for an empty house to try logging in, had some real trouble with disconnects that may have just been due to another storm last night but the sky's clear today.

Any of my fellow low end PC users had any better luck today?

If they didn't add the cars yet why would they add the parts? it doesn't really make much sense unless there preparing for an update soon.

I'm still waiting for an empty house to try logging in, had some real trouble with disconnects that may have just been due to another storm last night but the sky's clear today.

Any of my fellow low end PC users had any better luck today?

I havent been able to play at all, its just frozen stutters

If they didn't add the cars yet why would they add the parts? it doesn't really make much sense unless there preparing for an update soon.

My guess would be that they want us to test out the parts as items before adding in the vehicles.  From lesser to greater, in terms of complexity.

Found 2 new wheels:

7PwUAWh.jpg

sQlFuDV.jpg

Approached a boar, and killed it. Made the improvised leather backpack for the first time.

YzpC90q.jpg

ZZ1TnAd.jpg

Yesterday, I don't know if this happened with any one of you, but it was taking time to complete actions. Such as, I used "use water pump" to fill the canteen, the animation finished, but the action wasn't. It took some time. Also happened when I was drinking water, and skining the boar. It took time for my actions to complete, but I wasn't lagging at all.