boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Ooooohhhh. . New version being tested! I'd be so so so happy if we got to play and see zombies again once it's done! Just bought the game today and already love it :)

I cant even load the game. Anyone else having same problem?

Note the date and time, compare to server maintenance schedule.

Ran into a guy in Balota looting up who nervously asked me, "you gonna shoot me?" I said nah and we had a friendly conversation. How do I get repaid? I go to Cherno and see 2 people peeking at me with guns raised. I fire on them and fall back to Balota where my friend is waiting. They follow me all the way there and I pinpoint their location, planning to ambush with my friend. After checking my friends status (he said he was "waiting for his breath to steady") I get impatient and try to shoot one of them through the wall we were surrounding. The guy comes out and we shoot it out. I unloaded a full mag of the Red 9 with my crosshair constantly on this dude's body, but he kills me and it doesn't seem like I hit a single shot. I was using hip-fire, but the crosshair was pretty exact on him the whole time. I think I'm just gonna aim down sights from now on.

Edit: This was all on a full 75 pop server. They're crazy.

Edited by Kohlbar

Ran into a guy in Balota looting up who nervously asked me, "you gonna shoot me?" I said nah and we had a friendly conversation. How do I get repaid? I go to Cherno and see 2 people peeking at me with guns raised. I fire on them and fall back to Balota where my friend is waiting. They follow me all the way there and I pinpoint their location, planning to ambush with my friend. After checking my friends status (he said he was "waiting for his breath to steady") I get impatient and try to shoot one of them through the wall we were surrounding. The guy comes out and we shoot it out. I unloaded a full mag of the Red 9 with my crosshair constantly on this dude's body, but he kills me and it doesn't seem like I hit a single shot. I was using hip-fire, but the crosshair was pretty exact on him the whole time. I think I'm just gonna aim down sights from now on.

The last three encounters I've had were all unlucky on my side. You lose if you stop running or run towards them in a straight line. The game's hit detection is still ridiculously off, and I'm not convinced that's all merely due to different pings. If they want to bring cars to this desync wonderland, they're gonna have to update a couple of other things first. The game is alright, everything works, but hitting people on full servers is a game of luck at best. Probably a good time for full melee...or another server switch, maybe I'll finally find a good one for me. I can really only judge the errors after I've seen the game run on a stable server. I don't know what made the shooting so laggy for me. 

>>EDIT: Server maintenance is running now, affecting all servers. I wonder if we'll see new content today!<<

Edited by S3V3N

Everytime I log in it tells me that is like October 11th or something, so maybe the daylight cycle actually reflects daylight to night time ratios for that time of year!

Interesting. I haven't ever noticed any date notice anywhere. Need to check more carefully next time when playing and a picture about it would help.

But yes date affects everything. Moon, sun, stars, maybe the average weather and likely a new thing in DayZ the average temperature. Sun acts very differently in summer than in winter, so less/more daylight, how high it rises and where it rises and sets and so on.

Note the date and time, compare to server maintenance schedule.

It was last night, 15 hours ago. Loading gets past BI logo and then black screen.

Help please, someone!

I want to kill zombies!

Experimental servers are not affected by weekly maintenance

I know, right?! But today they are. No servers show in the list at all, which makes me think this could be the last Exp. update and first Stable update rolled in one. 

I havent had the pleasure of being at my computer, is the new UI the new UI we have seen previewed before and is it mandatory fun or have people just been enabling it in the command prompt?

I know, right?! But today they are. No servers show in the list at all, which makes me think this could be the last Exp. update and first Stable update rolled in one.

Hopefully adressing some of the server memory leaks (or if it is memory leak was it client side ?) ...You guys are right though , Experimental servers usually never go through maintenance mode since they aren't as long standing as stable servers but this patch may have needed a little love for experimental servers :P.

• Like 1

Hopefully adressing some of the server memory leaks (or if it is memory leak was it client side ?) ...You guys are right though , Experimental servers usually never go through maintenance mode since they aren't as long standing as stable servers but this patch may have needed a little love for experimental servers :P.

Yeah, it was just regular maintenance :( 

servers are running well, but I didn't play for very long. 

I havent had the pleasure of being at my computer, is the new UI the new UI we have seen previewed before and is it mandatory fun or have people just been enabling it in the command prompt?

People are just trying it out for fun mostly, but I'm sure bug-related feedback (and design suggestions) are more than welcome. I believe the official stance is similar to the game's Early Access as a whole: it's not recommended, but if you want to try it, we won't stop you ;)

CTiJ7qTXAAELrne.png

Really nice shot, but where is the spoiler Mr. Boneboys :-P

• Like 1

Really nice shot, but where is the spoiler Mr. Boneboys :-P

Though shall not past judgement onto thy master of the forum...

On a serious note though...Is this showing us that we will be able to find or craft chests.Can we bury them?Is it random to dig one up? Or will there be some kind of in-game clues scattered to find different ones buried?Last but not least will we be able to hide them by putting them in a dug up/prepared plot/tile?

If they add chests...There needs to be implemented some sort of(or form of) currency.From actual money to possibly gold dubloons.

• Like 2

could be implemented

On a serious note though...Is this showing us that we will be able to find or craft chests.Can we bury them?Is it random to dig one up? Or will there be some kind of in-game clues scattered to find different ones buried?Last but not least will we be able to hide them by putting them in a dug up/prepared plot/tile?

If they add chests...There needs to be implemented some sort of(or form of) currency.From actual money to possibly gold dubloons.

Some time ago, one of the devs mentioned that they would like to add the ability to bury a small loot stash, but that they weren't sure how, if at all, it could be implemented. Peter's tweet suggests that they may have a workable solution.

• Like 1

Why do you assume buried stashes with gold dubloons? Anyway, I grinned about that. We can cast gold bullets and pimp our rims with gold ;)

I expect these things to leave that small dirty spot, so they are even less visible than barrels. Maybe these can be used either as interim stashes while building a base, or they are a kind of emergency stash for when you get killed. It's not hard to find a shovel. The stashes themselved look like they need wood and nails. So, different from barrels and tents that's maybe the first option to craft a stash ourselves. I'm just concerned this will further empower my hoarding habits, which are already strong in DayZ. 

• Like 3

Posted twice already on the last page.

If you want to be involved in a thread please make some effort to actually read it first.

No time, I only see latest page on my desktop app...

Edited by PILLPOPPER