boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Still functioning the same, though (with only "some" slots being available until you put more clothing on)?

Persistence wipe?

Yes, you need to gain slots by gaining gear.
  • Like 1

at least with -newui you see new status icons   :)

Whoa! Were you using -newui for the last build?

Also, this:

• Like 1

Whoa! Were you using -newui for the last build?

yes, but the new icons weren't there. There were no indicators at all, not on the bottom left and not ion the inventory screen.

• Like 4

Persistence wipe as far as I can tell.

Glad I loaded up with stuff i didn't want to loose before logging out last night.

so, now I'm testing if the new icons are working, planting some pumpkins^^

- it seems you still don't get hydrated if you drink directly from ponds

- "Drink all" option is limited to 1L, because a cooking pot holds 2L, if you "Drink all" there is still 50% (1L) left

- you can use the "Hand drill kit" more than one time - before it was only one time, right?

- I'm not sure, but I believe they changed the light effects a bit; I can see a little bit more when I'm near a fire place or carrying a torch (before you couldn't see the light bubble - everything was black; now you can see what's behind the light bubble - maybe someone can confirm this?!)

- the new torch model is very nice!  :beans:

edit:

- if you collect the pumpkin from one plant(=two pumpkins) the second one despawns, if you haven't enough space in your inventory - it doesn't spawn on the ground like in 0.58 and before

- it seems the icons are not working; "I'm really full" and nothing has changed, but I will eat and drink some more

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 5

Just played for about 45 mins in Cherno. Saw 6 zombies, seemed a little harder to kill, think it was due to desync issues. Me and another player tried to blow up a gas station with flash bangs, no luck. Also a nearby zombie didn't even react, we threw 3. Will continue to test on.

still don't know where the logic is behind the limited hotbar.  if you have less things, you should be able to find MORE things faster.

unless maybe it's proportional to the amount of external pockets you have... the more easily accessible pockets you have, the more things you can access quickly...  that'd make sense, but I don't think that's how they're working it.  it'd also make sense that nothing in a backpack can be hotkeyed...

anyway, seen .59 and going back to stable now - who wants my stuff?  got a scorpion mag and other toys.  not much ammo though - lost all the good ammo swapping clothes.  I'm in gorka right now.  [edit] nevermind, I'll just leave it all in a barrel for someone

Edited by Red_Ensign

- 4 european servers

- all full

- 10 min spam to join one

- left after 5 min, desync still at horrilble level

• Like 1

- 4 european servers

- all full

- I count 6

- Only 3 of the 6 are full

- 0 seconds spam to join one

- Desync will be playable

Get your facts straight.

• Like 3

- 4 european servers

- all full

Try click on filter type in ping 220 u will get the US server list too if u are located in EU. 

*snip*

- if you collect the pumpkin from one plant(=two pumpkins) the second one despawns, if you haven't enough space in your inventory - it doesn't spawn on the ground like in 0.58 and before

*snip*

Is that just new today, I had two full gardens worth of pumpkins and zucchini on the ground yesterday?

The despawned at some point but hung around for at least a half hour or so before I left the area. 

I had an intense second log in, I never see anyone in Tulga on low pop servers and "live" there a lot of times. I was leisurely jogging down to the well and as I get closer I see a motorcycle helmet on a crouched character so I call out my usual "I see you", "I'm cool", etc. and get a real quiet response in some Asian language as I notice there's two of them spreading out. I didn't stick around to work through a language barrier, would love to hear the story from their point of view though.

Not that it's a big deal, but it drives me nutz when they jack with the servers switching from 1PP to 1PP/3PP.  Screws up my favorites menu.

That and the server I like to play on is now missing, and my stuff...  Not talking about the persistence wipe btw, server restarted and never returned. Not the first time for that either.

Anyone else login after the min patch with all their stuff ruined? 75 slot servers is awesome though. 

Is anyone else getting kicked randomly by Battle Eye? It happened to me three times since the 69 megabyte update today and have seen at least a dozen players kicked with the same error on multiple servers.

• Like 1

yeah, I doubt it was a persistence wipe I will check it if I can log on the correct server! :)

Another thing I noticed weapons doesn't save on the hotkey menu when you log out, but other items saves as intended like an axe for instance.

Edited by Ori42

yeah, I doubt  it was a persistance wipe I will check it if I can log on the correct server! :)

I logged on right at where my barrels should have been and they were gone.

• Like 1

Which error? Client not responding? I see this often, though it never seems to be me that gets kicked for some reason, even on high-ping servers.

Is anyone else getting kicked randomly by Battle Eye? It happened to me three times since the 69 megabyte update today and have seen at least a dozen players kicked with the same error on multiple servers.

I got kicked a few times last night before realizing that my wireless internet had shit the bed and switched over to ethernet.

Not that it's a big deal, but it drives me nutz when they jack with the servers switching from 1PP to 1PP/3PP.  Screws up my favorites menu.

That and the server I like to play on is now missing, and my stuff...  Not talking about the persistence wipe btw, server restarted and never returned. Not the first time for that either.

Yeah, looking like they're forcing us into higher pops :(

Is that just new today, I had two full gardens worth of pumpkins and zucchini on the ground yesterday?

The despawned at some point but hung around for at least a half hour or so before I left the area. 

Yeah, for me it's new today. I planted the three pumpkin plants 30mins ago. As soon as I collected the plants, only one pumpkin was in my hands, the other despawned directly. Same with the slices and seeds, tthe things which not fits in your inventory will despawn. I dropped some plant material and seeds and they are still there, graden plot is still there too.

• Like 1

A couple of more interesting bits from Eugen...

If you're curious why you're getting better FPS with the -newui interface:

----------------------

When asked about the lack of choice in aspect ratio:

(In other words, it's intentional. "I want to use whatever aspect ratio I choose" crybabies coming in 3, 2, 1...)

• Like 7

Yes the VSS is in. Found it at Mi-17 Chopper crash. Used it. Still like SVD better.(I know the VSS is not comparative to the SVD). However the Dev team, like always did a great job on the modeling of the weapon.

• Like 1