boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Items are spawning in sky again. You can see 4 here. US Central 1/3ppp

2015-11-03_00001_zpsrehwdi0q.jpg

Edited by Coheed_IV
  • Like 4

1530ktd.jpg

As a land surveyor I jammed my rod into some smelly, filthy manholes more times than I care to admit. I dislike manholes, especially force mains, but seeing them in Chernarus lifted my spirits. I hope sewer habitation can be a thing.

• Like 10

wow a horde of zombies after SepticFalcon on Twitch, haha!  :thumbsup:

:)

• Like 1

Tell that to AMD users. With each GFX upgrade I still had the same shitty frames.

I don't think you'll see much relief until Beta, I'm afraid :(

I'd like my slots back to do as I please with them.

Same here. I'm already indirectly limited by the amount of stuff I can carry (and therefore have in the hotbar), so why artificially limit the number of available slots? I just don't see the point. It's like I'm being punished even though I didn't do anything wrong  :huh:

Standardized hotbar slots are a habit I keep as well, in an effort to create a relationship between a particular number and a corresponding item. "3" is my melee slot, "4" is where I keep rags/bandages, "5" is my compass, etc.

Upon closer inspection he was dead and his cutlets were not nearly as tough as his disposition  :lol:

This is even funnier out of context haha.

Edited by Tatanko

I had a horde of 15 zombies that I wrangled up last night. They are pretty slow. I had to jog / walk backwards to allow them to catch up. There is usually one front runner and then rest of them start to just shuffle very slowly. I managed to pick up 13 from the Novoselky area and trained them to cherno where I picked up a few more. It was kinda fun just making them tag along like they were my pets. But then some douche bags with Ak's ended up killing me .. ending my experiment.

During a PVP incident, something weird happened after I shot my mosin. It took me out of ADS and looked like he was doing the bolt action or loading a round or something in third person .. it ended up getting me killed. The gun had ammo in it since I reloaded it a minute or two before this happened.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 1

Collected 10-20 zombies, went to Cherno firestation, there was someone. I climbed the tower thinking the zombies fall on the stairs and hit their heads. Nope, they came up and cornered me. I ran back down through them and climbed the roof. The guy climbed on the roof after me and we had a nice melee fight. Surprisingly I won. The characters seem to be pretty tough, I bled for like 4 minutes, got hit by zombies about 5 times and the gladiator guy hit me a few times.

After that character died I spawned near Elektro. Looted a bit, then someone came up to me, he had a Mosin and some other rifle. He gave me the Mosin and ammo and I thanked him. Then he ran away. Nice to see friendly people in exp, stable is full of KOS(not that i'm complaining I just suck at pvp). I ran into the woods and the server restarted which seems to happen quite often now.

Ammo and mags seem rare but other stuff not so much. Still a turn for the better.

I ran passed a guy in Balota who tried to talk to me but I kept running. He was like come on, I'm not going to shoot you .. I said good for you .. as I kept running and looking back, I noticed he was kneeling and sure enough he shot at me heh. Luckily it's easy to bob and weave to dodge bullets.

Other random stuff:

I found a Red 9 buttstock and threw it and it bounced like a rubber ball. The smoke grenades bounce a bit too.

• Like 1

Anyone test the new Ssh68 helmet's to see if they can be painted on yet?

So who has a good theory on this mess? It's squished...

yLUNupk.jpg

Edited by ColdAtrophy

About repairing/patching. I could use the ducttape on Gorka Helmet and on the Backpack, but it didn't change their "damaged" status. I don't know how or if Gorka helmets can be repaired at the moment, but I'm on the way to one of those new industrial buildings (with the workbenches) to find out, if something can be done there. 

I also found a chicken! Killed it and had the same thing happening what GaryWalnuts described. I think the death animations are not loading, but I could skin it normally and got guts, bones, feather and meat. So that works, despite the missing death animation. The chicken also got startled, but froze when it tried running away. Maybe some of the AI routines don't start loading at the moment.

• Like 1

So who has a good theory on this mess? It's squished...

yLUNupk.jpg

It's just the scope "outline" that's squished, right? Everything else appears correct (including what you see through the scope), so I don't think it's an issue with aspect ratio. Very weird. Make sure to report.

• Like 2

A brief summary of military tents NW of Green Mountain - way too many weapons and almost no ammo! 

I can`t find any ammo in civil buildings!  :)

correct me if im wrong, walkie talkies are global for this build.

No, I'm pretty sure of it because GaryWalnuts didn't mention me talking through te radio when he was underway to Cherno.

I found a cooking pot but haven't seen a tent. The pot was in the bedroom of a log cabin on the bottom shelf of the wardrobe.

Aren't vehicles out of this build? Maybe why it isn't in stable right off? I read that they want experimentals to "cook on experimental" to see what comes up after awhile before inflicting experimental builds onto stable. Who knows? In a day or too the servers could lock up again or crash or go bonkers with loot dumps..

You're talking to the right man here. The Chef Cook is going on a fishing trip tonight. Haven't done that for a while anyway.

The chicken I killed did the same.

I blasted him with a shotgun from point blank range and he just stood there staring at me as if to say "That's all you got?"

Upon closer inspection he was dead and his cutlets were not nearly as tough as his disposition :lol:

That actually made me laugh. It's a shame I wasn't there when it happened. :(

Is that Berezino? I saw a car tent in the air as well on UK 0-6 in Berezino.

I don't think you'll see much relief until Beta, I'm afraid :(

Same here. I'm already indirectly limited by the amount of stuff I can carry (and therefore have in the hotbar), so why artificially limit the number of available slots? I just don't see the point. It's like I'm being punished even though I didn't do anything wrong :huh:

Standardized hotbar slots are a habit I keep as well, in an effort to create a relationship between a particular number and a corresponding item. "3" is my melee slot, "4" is where I keep rags/bandages, "5" is my compass, etc.

This is even funnier out of context haha.

Dang it, that sucks. Everyone has a bit of good FPS and I get none. :(

If that's in Berenzino, it's where there used to be small apartment buildings.  They took them out, but the loot still spawns as if they were there.

• Like 4

A brief summary of military tents NW of Green Mountain - way too many weapons and almost no ammo! 

I can`t find any ammo in civil buildings!  :)

But thats a good thing. Makes it a little more challenging. Besides i think you would see more guns than ammo for them in an apocalypse to be honest.

I had a horde of 15 zombies that I wrangled up last night. They are pretty slow. I had to jog / walk backwards to allow them to catch up. There is usually one front runner and then rest of them start to just shuffle very slowly. I managed to pick up 13 from the Novoselky area and trained them to cherno where I picked up a few more. It was kinda fun just making them tag along like they were my pets. But then some douche bags with Ak's ended up killing me .. ending my experiment.

on the bright side, that guy probably then had 100 zombies immediately on his ass

god, desync is horrible, people running in place, cant pick up a thing

how can u manage to play guys ?

• Like 2

It's just the scope "outline" that's squished, right? Everything else appears correct (including what you see through the scope), so I don't think it's an issue with aspect ratio. Very weird. Make sure to report.

Yeah, it's just the scope outline, I have already put in like 6 reports since last night. I'm betting they are getting sick of me at this point.

• Like 4

Has anyone figured out why people just sort of stand there? It's weird. Tried shooting one in the head and he didn't seem too bothered by it.

Tried to drink from a cooking pot and it got stuck in my hands. Even got "cannot remove item from hands" so I had to relog.

Zombies seem brain dead. They wander around and don't notice me. Fired a gun and one sort of lamely shuffled towards me. Only saw 3 in Cherno.

I'm assuming all the weirdness has something to do with testing zombies and server load.

• Like 1

Has anyone figured out why people just sort of stand there? It's weird. Tried shooting one in the head and he didn't seem too bothered by it.

The players that are standing still are dead bodies its a bug.

• Like 1

Anyone test the new Ssh68 helmet's to see if they can be painted on yet?

I believe my friend tried last night with no luck.

About repairing/patching. I could use the ducttape on Gorka Helmet and on the Backpack, but it didn't change their "damaged" status. I don't know how or if Gorka helmets can be repaired at the moment, but I'm on the way to one of those new industrial buildings (with the workbenches) to find out, if something can be done there. 

Duct tape only repairs to the max amount of that specific status. IMT or someone posted how it exactly works. There are stages of damaged / worn / pristine etc. like percentages. It can take so much until it goes to the next status. So duct taping will basically put it at it's best in that particular status. So for example, 90%-100% is pristine, 60-80% is damaged, it will repair it all the way to 80%, just below worn.

The leather sewing kit, I believe, will repair the packs to worn status.

I think if you painted the gorka helmet it used to go to pristine. Or adding the visor .. something like that.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 3

Tried to drink from a cooking pot and it got stuck in my hands. Even got "cannot remove item from hands" so I had to relog.

Zombies seem brain dead. They wander around and don't notice me. Fired a gun and one sort of lamely shuffled towards me. Only saw 3 in Cherno.

I'm assuming all the weirdness has something to do with testing zombies and server load.

I think the people are dead but they not on the ground its a bug.

Edit: Ok i was to slow again. ;)

Edited by xCrankx

The players that are standing still are dead bodies its a bug.

What's even more of a bug is that those dead guys radios still work heh.

A guy got killed logging in on the coast, he was dead standing still but could still hear radio communication coming from his body.