infiltrator

When can we expect gun shots to be heard reliably

Since Dayz went into alpha, the bug where you can't hear shots has been plaguing it. I can't believe that almost 2 years later it's still around and kicking.

Is it really such a big problem to fix? It makes for an excellent immersion and gameplay ruiner, friend fires shot, you hear nothing, he says "I missed".

Or a recent situation, friend got shot twice, I hear nothing. He's literally 2 meters next to me, bleeding and I hear nothing. I realize, many things are important. Desync is absurd (perhaps the reason why said sounds are muted - lost packets), animations/movement are sluggish, interface unresponsive. But this is one of the fundamentals of any FPS and the development team lets it slide for 2 years.

• Like 2

Since Dayz went into alpha, the bug where you can't hear shots has been plaguing it. I can't believe that almost 2 years later it's still around and kicking.

Is it really such a big problem to fix? It makes for an excellent immersion and gameplay ruiner, friend fires shot, you hear nothing, he says "I missed".

Or a recent situation, friend got shot twice, I hear nothing. He's literally 2 meters next to me, bleeding and I hear nothing. I realize, many things are important. Desync is absurd (perhaps the reason why said sounds are muted - lost packets), animations/movement are sluggish, interface unresponsive. But this is one of the fundamentals of any FPS and the development team lets it slide for 2 years.

Usually such issues are not a simple matter of "ah, forgot to set gunshot audio to Active". It's an annoying bug for sure, and it will get fixed. However, we don't have specific dates for when all the different issues in DayZ will be fixed.

• Like 5

Usually such issues are not a simple matter of "ah, forgot to set gunshot audio to Active". It's an annoying bug for sure, and it will get fixed. However, we don't have specific dates for when all the different issues in DayZ will be fixed.

That was funny, made my day.

• Like 1

We can be happy that the ghostsounds are gone, normaly alpha is for content and beta for bugfixing.

I rarely encounter within range audible gunshots as is living my hermit lifestyle so it doesn't bother me. 

Looking at your avatar I thought you would get violent one-on-one encounters with vengeful natives every now and then ))

))

This is not a roleplay server. You won't get punished for talking OOC here.

• Like 1