Sign in to follow this  
maximumak777 (DayZ)

I'm done with 0.58

This update is the WORST. There's desync everywhere, server issues, my character gets wiped lots, no zombies and abundance of loot at NWAF and Myshkino. Also, ground swimming. I thought 0.55 was bad, but at least it had zombies and SOME player interactions. .58 is extremely boring, glitchy and incredibly laggy. Pretty much everyone shoots on sight now, because there's no point doing anything else. For example, I saw some guy at Stary Sobor Camp from the 'DS' clan and he killed me pretty much straight away. I tried firing at him with my AUG, which caused incredible lag and desync and the AUG glitched out and fired all its rounds without me even touching the mouse. The desync caused him to fly all over the place and I couldn't hear any gunshots. There's no zombies which means there's not really much point in doing anything in DayZ. The devs might as well spawn M4s, UMPs, FNXes and UMPs all over the map and give us infinite food and military gear because the game has basically become a deathmatch at this point- only it takes 3 hours to get the guns you need. I'm going to quit the game and hang around on the forums offering help and advice with the game until 0.59 experimental comes out.

Now I'm not saying DayZ is a bad game. I've loved almost every second of it. I like the devs a lot, and after this Pax AUS thing and the stuff that's coming with .59, I've gained a lot of faith in them. I also understand that the game is in Alpha, so shit like this is to be expected. However, it begs the question...

When the hell is 0.59 experimental coming out?

I really need .59 in my life right now!

• Like 6

To be honest, I want them to take their time with 0.59. This update is supposed to bring some actual changes to the game, and if they rush it, we'll just end up with another "new gun, new hat, new shirt" update that we've been getting for the past while.

But yes, I agree with everything you said. There is zero reason to play 0.58. It's a broken mess and I feel sorry for anyone who bought the game during this update and had this horrendous nightmare of an update be their first impression of the game.

Edited by Kirby12352
  • Like 5

until 0.59 update  comes out  we will see the loot  improvements and zombies returning again. if not well the fate of your fans. 

I think they have worked on the new update for over two months now - I wish they had a more accurate eta for 0.59 experimental branch patch, because I rather play Arma 3 BR instead at the moment to be honest.

• Like 1

"a delayed game eventually will turn into a good game, a bad game will ever be a bad game."

To be honest, I want them to take their time with 0.59. This update is supposed to bring some actual changes to the game, and if they rush it, we'll just end up with another "new gun, new hat, new shirt" update that we've been getting for the past while.

But yes, I agree with everything you said. There is zero reason to play 0.58. It's a broken mess and I feel sorry for anyone who bought the game during this update and had this horrendous nightmare of an update be their first impression of the game.

I agree- .59 shouldn't be rushed. It will be the first update in a while that brings something new to the game rather than trivial stuff like oil barrels. I joined DayZ during .55 so I guess I had it pretty bad. I think .59 will be one of the best updates for DayZ. I just hate .58 and I am really hyped for .59 experimental!

I'd love to see how would DayZ run on a RakNet client.... LOL.

Eh, this post just reflects what a lot of people have done without needing to whine about it. 0.58, as patches go, isn't bad but the lack of zombies and the time since the last update are putting people off.

Hell, I was playing DayZ a few weeks ago with a friend. We were running through the woods and realised "what's the point?" like all we were doing was running from town to town. No objective. No real threat since we had somehow avoided everyone for days. So we decided to just leave it for .59.

• Like 4

Eh, this post just reflects what a lot of people have done without needing to whine about it. 0.58, as patches go, isn't bad but the lack of zombies and the time since the last update are putting people off.

Hell, I was playing DayZ a few weeks ago with a friend. We were running through the woods and realised "what's the point?" like all we were doing was running from town to town. No objective. No real threat since we had somehow avoided everyone for days. So we decided to just leave it for .59.

Ditto. I've only recently been back due to computer upgrade so i'm interested in tweaking my system for when .59 drops.

That and having a 15 month old running around being a terror kind of keeps me away from my gaming lately lol

• Like 1

I have to say desync has gotten terrible on some servers.. it was smooth as butter a while ago.

My favourite expewrience was still 58exp in the early phase when I ran towards the NWA, which everyone did. absolute madness.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with taking a break.

I only played .58 on exp but never on stable.

I have been playing the standalone since release but I just have other games that excite me more at the moment.

I love DayZ but that doesn't mean that we can't play other games, too. ;)

Will come back eventually.

Maybe next patch, maybe later.

Maybe it's just the servers I play on but I've had a pretty damned good time with this patch so far.

Less KoS, some great encounters, tense firefights and raiding camps throughout it all. No major lag or desync here either, besides the lack of infected(and the Quonset hut glitch) I really can't figure out why people have been hating on .58 so much.

• Like 1

1. Focus on submitting issues, bugs, or game play issues.

2. Don't push them on the game play aspect since many items/AI/Network/UI need testing and tweaking.

3. Your not forced to keep playing, you play because you enjoy it. So help in the mean time or take a break between stages.

Remember this is a different alpha then you have seen before. This is not beta, this is alpha full of bugs, un wanted problems etc...

So what you do is help improve on the game itself by offering up good quality suggestions, bugs and improvements.

Some games use the alpha as a way to increase revenue early on, so they may get it hyped for funding. Dayz, got lucky and catered to some community need. Everyone wanted a Zombie type game, infected whatever. It still exists, and everything else i have tried doesnt come even close to this game. Its hardcore, in many ways.

So before quitting think about how to improve on the game for beta, and release. Everything changes, as the population wants different things.

Remember once beta comes around the population will grow, and numbers will increase once they get to see the new dayz.

Games like ARK Dinosaurs, Dayz Infected etc are what people wanted. ARK i believe is a filler for most dayz players at the moment and will keep them active for awhile.

I want to see dayz go live perfectly done.

Just saying.....

sneaks

Remember once beta comes around the population will grow

What do you base this on?  The numbers only show the more they work on the game the less people play it. 

What do you base this on?  The numbers only show the more they work on the game the less people play it. 

I'd say he's basing it on the fact that progress has been relatively slow in terms of development, which makes people want to wait for Beta, when the game will be more worth playing. I will probably come back to see how things are when 0.59 comes, and if the game isn't substantially changed with that update, I'll be waiting for Beta to start playing again. After all, when an update takes this long to come, most people want to see a real change.

I don't know how many players will consistently be playing after the initial hype of Beta dies down, but I expect it to be more than the current number.

Edited by Kirby12352
  • Like 3

first of all its not winter :) and second of all, its by far finished. Once polished more, people will give it a go again and again.

Infected, return will spike 7k more return. Watch

People like dayz, and its what people want. Don't be surprised before the release of the .60 or whatever you see a ton start to come back, because of winter. (any day now)

Never take away a core item like infected around winter, if you want or expect people to buy. hehe

Your steam chart clearly shows, how many left when .57-58 came out. Also its spring, summer. How many are there of younger >20

If i was your boss, and the dev's needed to remove the infected i would suggest spring being the best time. This way it wont distract the player base too much on stable.

If i wanted to test the infected i would not touch stable until experimental had full testing done. In fact stable should not be changed much at all, if you wish to keep your player base. This is a new bread of games over the last 2-4 years zombies. So everything is new, and dayz clearly shows its the winner hands down for zombie type games.

Removing infected clearly showed we lost a ton, a butt load of players and new sales went stale. This is why i suggested a while back do not bring testing too much to stable. Sales will hinder by testing of this sort. Clearly, management haven't quite got that part down. It would be much better to have experimental on private hive separate from the actual live hive. So testing can be done in house and special invites only by signed testers. Leaving stable alone until you need to update it.

Taking away coffee only leaves hot water. How many will drink that cup of tea? :)

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Personally I haven't run into any desync problems or anything like that until once recently when I entered a hospital. Hopefully .59 does well to remedy these issues.