robophant

[Poll] Official servers 1pp only

Official servers 1pp only?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Official servers 1pp only?

One inherent bonus if such a move is that it sets the standard and influences how the game will be played.

It will persuade over time for the community to self eliminate third person view as it will be seen as a subpar perspective filled with tons of negative gameplay implications.

Smart move if this goes through.

• Like 1

you could always reduce the price on private shards or customer rented public shards what are 1pp only to incentivise the community holding it up.

It would be nice if this vote was around with the normal people away from the game, until beta are back playing.

I voted no because i cant handle it in 1pp. I have or had a focus issue in Dayz, and it gave me a headache.

FOV and or resolution might be the problem, why i am forced to put it to 3pp. But i dont zoom all the way out, i put the Fov to 25% i guess, just to where the bottom of the backpack is.

I am not the only one, there are many of us out there. A lot more then 39 no votes.

Edited by TheSneakyDude

It would be nice if this vote was around with the normal people away from the game, until beta are back playing.

I voted no because i cant handle it in 1pp. I have or had a focus issue in Dayz, and it gave me a headache.

FOV and or resolution might be the problem, why i am forced to put it to 3pp. But i dont zoom all the way out, i put the Fov to 25% i guess, just to where the bottom of the backpack is.

I am not the only one, there are many of us out there. A lot more then 39 no votes.

Maybe that new renderer ppl speak about will fix this? I can't wait to see the first images of this mysterious new thingy

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/225409-how-would-you-feel-if-1st-person-perspective-was-mandatory/

I made a thread which asked this question.

Out of 328 votes, here are the results -

60% of people voted "in favor of" mandatory 1st person perspective.

35 % of people voted "against" mandatory 1st person perspective'

5% percent of people felt neutral about it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 35% disapproval rating seems to like up fairly well with the poll result of 33% in this thread.

In my thread the people who were infavor if it were categorized as 50% outright in favor, and an additional 10% not opposed to the idea. The remaining 5% was neutral. Interestingly, the banna statistic of 15% correlates well with the results of my poll, presumably containing the roughly 5% neutral and the 10% who are not opposed to it but also not as enthusiastically for it as the 50%.

• Like 2

^

not astonishing - the same people voted again as last time

• Like 1

Again, given the stats aren't randomly sourced, there is no information on the surveyed subjects and/or their relationship to the DayZ population as a whole, and a string of other issues, the statistical basis for these polls is weak at best, other than as a form of entertainment or a dodgy figure for people to quote as a conversation topic.

• Like 1

This change would just cause traffic to decrease on official servers. If 1pp servers aren't popular now how would having more of them increase their popularity? Hint, it wouldn't.

To increase 1pp popularity fix the problems keeping people from playing it (e.g. performance, player controller, melee, midget camera, no PiP, etc.)

Edited by scriptfactory
  • Like 2

This game shouldn't have even included a third person mode. 

But it did. Now people are used to it. They have come to rely on it. 

They do not want their magic floating personal Hubble in the sky taken from them. Seeing over walls and around corners is far too powerful and unrealistic for them to surrender.

• Like 1

This game shouldn't have even included a third person mode. 

But it did. Now people are used to it. They have come to rely on it. 

They do not want their magic floating personal Hubble in the sky taken from them. Seeing over walls and around corners is far too powerful and unrealistic for them to surrender.

Except they fail to realize that every time someone utterly destroy's them in dayz that its probably because of 3PP camara abuse. I have performed 100% better in Dayz using first person servers.

Again without all the proper mechanics the FPS will still be extremely lack luster so it would be kind of pointless really as most of the complaints i see involve pvp play and thats about it. Making official servers all 1pp would be a silly move. And if i were to play on an unofficial server just for 3pp would that even guarantee me a good clean experience without hacking and bad GMs?

Lol you seem to have a real issue with ppl that enjoy 3PP and who want to defend it.

Because we are sick of all the "silly excuses" as to why bad/toxic mechanics should be in the game, I agree, it would be a shame not to be able to admire those beautiful graphics on our backpacks, but when your raging on your computer screen because someone spotted you from over a wall and killed you.....that's just unacceptable. I bet the 3PP community has some of the biggest ragers compared to the 1PP community.

The fact of the matter is, there is no denying that 3PP is broken. I refuse to watch streamers who play on 3PP simply because i think it's a pathetic play style and the things they do in 3PP is just hilarious and anti tactical and i just cant take it seriously.

-In 1PP you don't get tunnel vision on the ground when your looting, your constantly aware of your surroundings, otherwise you are good as dead.

(observed by a 3pp streamer)

-Your not going to run around the fire station like an idiot because you know two players are inside. In 1PP You would probably watch from a distance and find "actual cover" like your supposed top do and observe at a distance

(observered by 3pp streamer)

(the streamer died btw)

-Your not going to run around like an idiot period if you want to survive in 1PP, im always planning out a route and running from cover to cover while trying to have 360 awareness as much as possible.

-In 1PP you have an increased awareness to your breathing and stamina, you learn to manage these things in order to be ready for a surprise encounter and are aware of the noise it makes when being out of breath. (AKA don't run around like an idiot)

The whole dynamic of the game changes in 1PP, The game becomes more intense over all and everyone is on a level playing fields, A patient player is a successful player more often then in 3PP. You could have a high ground position in 3pp and pin down a player in behind a wall and he will still know your location because he can look over the wall and spot you.

In 1PP they have no sweet clue where you are, only the direction which the shot came from. The dynamic changes extremely. Same goes for playing in towns, you now have to use your sense's or watch for shadows in order to know if there is another player over the wall (stealth plays a bigger role now)

When you play 3PP your really playing the worst version of Dayz, Your cheating yourself, not anyone else. You just sucked more then half the fun out of the game, the envirnoment is less immersive, the game feel's more arcade, and the epicness of random player encounters becomes impotent. (especially when you can see them over walls)

Edited by VIPEREYE1
  • Like 5

he also said it would never happen

No he said he would never fully remove 3PP, he didn't say anything about official servers. Are you mad?

Iv been giving plenty of constructive input on the subject on why this would be a pointless move.

If you choose to drown things out thats your problem.

You know whats pointless? The fact that your fighting about some thing that obviously needs to be balanced, 1PP and 3PP are both features in the game, they are trying to balance that out. So whats your problem with it exactly? Don't worry, all you cheaters will still have your precious 3PP.

I bet the 3PP community has some of the biggest ragers compared to the 1PP community.

So far its looking like the opposite if you ask me.

The whole dynamic of the game changes in 1PP, The game becomes more intense over all and everyone is on a level playing fields, A patient player is a successful player more often then in 3PP. You could have a high ground position in 3pp and pin down a player in behind a wall and he will still know your location because he can look over the wall and spot you.

No its pretty much the same thing as in 3pp the game does not change in the slightest besides the obvious wall peeking there is really no difference. Iv played on both and there is really nothing that makes me feel any less or more intense with the current state of the game at the moment.

When you play 3PP your really playing the worst version of Dayz, Your cheating yourself, not anyone else. You just sucked more then half the fun out of the game, the envirnoment is less immersive, the game feel's more arcade, and the epicness of random player encounters becomes impotent. (especially when you can see them over walls)

Actually im playing the best version of dayz if you ask me. Again its a matter of perspective between what you find acceptable and what i find acceptable.

The environment is currently at the moment not very immersive at all whether your playing FPS or 3PP so that makes no difference. Until some serious environmental weather and various body conditions appear its not going to be immersive at all.

You know whats pointless? The fact that your fighting about some thing that obviously needs to be balanced, 1PP and 3PP are both features in the game, they are trying to balance that out. So whats your problem with it exactly? Don't worry, all you cheaters will still have your precious 3PP.

I have no issue with ppl wanting to play on the servers they choose to or deem appropriate. I do however have a big issue with ppl telling me how to play my game experience in a sandbox based game and forcing me to play on one play style on official servers. There is no reason to make all the official servers 1pp you could throw in a few 3pp official servers and id be all the more fine with it.

Not everyone that plays 3PP is a cheater which was a silly accusation to begin with.

• Like 1

No he said he would never fully remove 3PP, he didn't say anything about official servers. Are you mad?

so this says??

4b96JQ0.png

What I've taken from this poll, the one from Reddit and a thread on the Steam forum is that although what seems to be the majority prefer 1PP, 3PP server's are still more populated. Where are all the Hardcore players playing then?

What I've taken from this poll, the one from Reddit and a thread on the Steam forum is that although what seems to be the majority prefer 1PP, 3PP server's are still more populated. Where are all the Hardcore players playing then?

Not playing because of low population, waiting and playing mostly on experimental becausse it's still in alpha, playing 3PP because some friends are on 3PP server, bored to even look for one and just clicking on the first populated server on the list and so on. Last time I even opened DayZ was over a month ago.

Were a dying breed, 3PP wins by default because its what the majority are introduced to when they first start playing (either back in 2012 or now) and it becomes a bad habit that sticks. I think its awsome to see your character but anything beyond that makes no sense to me, especially in a game like this.

I mean in single player rainbow six vegas this stuff is fine, but were not playing a single player game here........

Not playing because of low population, waiting and playing mostly on experimental becausse it's still in alpha, playing 3PP because some friends are on 3PP server, bored to even look for one and just clicking on the first populated server on the list and so on. Last time I even opened DayZ was over a month ago.

Dude type in Dayz underground next time your on. Awsome server, some of them are too friendly for my liking but i have a character that's been alive 9 days and has 14 kills under his belt. Some thing that would just not happen for me in 3PP

So far its looking like the opposite if you ask me.

No its pretty much the same thing as in 3pp the game does not change in the slightest besides the obvious wall peeking there is really no difference. Iv played on both and there is really nothing that makes me feel any less or more intense with the current state of the game at the moment.

Actually im playing the best version of dayz if you ask me. Again its a matter of perspective between what you find acceptable and what i find acceptable.

The environment is currently at the moment not very immersive at all whether your playing FPS or 3PP so that makes no difference. Until some serious environmental weather and various body conditions appear its not going to be immersive at all.

I have no issue with ppl wanting to play on the servers they choose to or deem appropriate. I do however have a big issue with ppl telling me how to play my game experience in a sandbox based game and forcing me to play on one play style on official servers. There is no reason to make all the official servers 1pp you could throw in a few 3pp official servers and id be all the more fine with it.

Not everyone that plays 3PP is a cheater which was a silly accusation to begin with.

To be fair, they can't remove 3PP now, it's to little to late, and to be honest as salty as i am for the hardcore community being chucked in the garbage can, i still wouldn't want anyone to experience what we have to deal with. "no options"

Cause that's what its like,"no options" If it wasn't for dayz underground, i would have no where to play in Dayz, because i only like first person. Imagine that, a game you absolutely love...but can't play...because everyone's playing 3PP, you become bitter and resentful of the community but you say nothing and continue on by not being able to play the only game you want to play.

It's still like that in Arma 3, Unless you find some private exclusive community you will hardly find 1PP servers, and less face it, no one wants to sit at there computer after a long days work and try to find these "secret society's" of first person players, Some of us looked forward to coming home and being fully immersed in a military sim, come to find out you got stuck in a 3PP server  with a bunch of bratty kids who killed you because you were trying to flank them up hill. Then proceed to taunt you even though they killed you in the least skilled way possible?

Does that sound like an experience that anyone want's to have?

sorry i'm rattling off again. But this is what it has come down to for a lot of us and it's beyond frustrating. 

Ill tell you what we need, 3PP needs to stay, regardless of anyone's view's or opinions on it

But some thing must be done for the 1PP community, I don't think hardcore official servers will make any kind of dent at all. But good god it's some thing and we will take it.

Edited by VIPEREYE1
  • Like 2

i don`t like it, if you want 1pp, join 1pp, simple as that.

Why do that? because the majority doenst want to play 1pp? i would support to switch a appropriate amount of the official servers- as i like to play both. but all of them? only if you wanna raise the income from server rental...

I voted for banana. Sounded like a much more beneficial and tastier option! 83

Making official servers all 1PP seems like a great way to drive away customers.

Wall peakerz

..//.

I bet the 3PP community has some of the biggest ragers compared to the 1PP community.

..//..

Please - Which server hosts the finals of the 1pp Truck Racing ?

so this says??

As has been said by many people, making all public servers 1pp isn't what Brian was suggesting in the original tweet and making all public servers 1pp isn't what this thread is about.

He was talking about making all official servers 1pp which are the servers without owners that server providers are contractually obliged to run alongside the servers people pay for.

He posted the tweet you link because lots of people didn't understand the difference between official servers and public servers.

yeah the rock was flat and had pages in it :

The writing was all -  flat and 2d, dificult to describe, is that 2dd or p2d or pp2? - or what you call it ?

For some reason I get the most IMMERSION out of reading this flat 2d stuff.. emuthreat explains it's impossible I must be really sick

he talks like an AI he's fun to read - it's like getting sick from eating pizzas I'm getting immersion from the wrong stuff

(snip)

You should go find my older posts on the subject, there's some real great stuff.  You could link to them in your next bit of cryptic wasteland poetry. I suggested rendering the 3pp camera as a floating orange orb, as well as adding a 2pp, which would basically work like a text-based MUD. LOL

Also, ***booey ***booey.  Happy now?