Sign in to follow this  
stephen@mycopyrightnow.com

Truck stuck in freelook mode

Hi there,

Long-time mod player, but relatively new to standalone. I found a truck and got it running, but when inside the truck I cannot get it out of "freelook" view. The result is that I cannot drive with the mouse, and I cannot look directly behind me. The * key does not toggle it out of freelook mode. I also tried ctrl, alt and num 5 keys. A server restart also did not help.

I searched the forums, but I could not find a thread on this topic. Is this a known issue? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

It is always in freelook mode, I bought ARMA 2 after I already had SA and hated and disabled the mouse steering and having to double tap alt to get it like DayZ sa.

Been playing driving games with a keyboard since the 80s so I guess it's a practice/preference thing.

Never looked to see if it's even an option to set it up that way.

**edit** If a server restart or whatever surprises you while driving unplug your you network cable as fast as you can or disable your wifi. If you catch it quick enough you spawn back in within 100m of the truck instead of where you got in.  

Edited by BCBasher

**edit** If a server restart or whatever surprises you while driving unplug your you network cable as fast as you can or disable your wifi. If you catch it quick enough you spawn back in within 100m of the truck instead of where you got in.  

Errr.. not sure about that one :/ It depends on how fast the truck is moving and what the incline is (as in how fast it is likely to stop moving once accelerator is released). Though i'd be interested to be proven wrong.

Errr.. not sure about that one :/ It depends on how fast the truck is moving and what the incline is (as in how fast it is likely to stop moving once accelerator is released). Though i'd be interested to be proven wrong.

I have shit internet an do it every time I get "no message received" for more than 20 seconds.

I have shit internet an do it every time I get "no message received" for more than 20 seconds.

I really think the devs need to be made aware of this, because it could possibly be the way to a solution. Seems the client has to be disconnected before the host, in oder to spawn back near or next to a truck. Because the fking hikes after trucks really need to be undone and resolved. That's possibly a task for Beta rather than Alpha. Along with the trucks turning into North-East after a restart, these are two two most annoying things with vehicles. 

I'd also vote on having a function similar to Euro Truck Sim, where you can lean out of the Window and look backwards with one ellbow out the window. Otherwise people on First Person servers will have a serious disadvantage when driving backwards. It's either that or making mirrors work and this solution is simpler to do than Mirrors and costs no rendering time. 

Edited by S3V3N

I really think the devs need to be made aware of this, because it could possibly be the way to a solution. Seems the client has to be disconnected before the host, in oder to spawn back near or next to a truck. Because the fking hikes after trucks really need to be undone and resolved. That's possibly a task for Beta rather than Alpha. Along with the trucks turning into North-East after a restart, these are two two most annoying things with vehicles. 

I'd also vote on having a function similar to Euro Truck Sim, where you can lean out of the Window and look backwards with one ellbow out the window. Otherwise people on First Person servers will have a serious disadvantage when driving backwards. It's either that or making mirrors work and this solution is simpler to do than Mirrors and costs no rendering time. 

I play on 3 screens so if I look all the way right I can see out the back window on the cab and chassis, one of the perks of WSG.

I play on 3 screens so if I look all the way right I can see out the back window on the cab and chassis, one of the perks of WSG.

Yeah, but considering how easy and effective it is to do and how well it feels in Euro Truck Simulator, I'd say add it to trucking! Leaning sidewards is gonna help if you are alone and want to drive out of a tight spot. It also makes more sense to look (back) at the side of your truck, instead of the center window, because you need to judge the gap between the truck and an obstacle. It could be done by double-tapping "a" for example, since q+e will be for the manual transmission. 

Edited by S3V3N

Yeah, but considering how easy and effective it is to do and how well it feels in Euro Truck Simulator, I'd say add it to trucking! Leaning sidewards is gonna help if you are alone and want to drive out of a tight spot. It also makes more sense to look (back) at the side of your truck, instead of the center window, because you need to judge the gap between the truck and an obstacle. It could be done by double-tapping "a" for example, since q+e will be for the manual transmission. 

Not disagreeing that it's the shits the way it is, that and the high viewpoint. Found the other day opening the doors really helps visibility getting the truck somewhere it shouldn't go going forward, curious if the new vehicle damage system is going to make the doors colideable.